Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

You know what I think is pretty low? » Post #13

Tue Oct 11, 2016 15:27 in General Talk

I don't know about what they do in Hong Kong.

I was referring primarily to areas around the world that are now receding into the ocean
and are known to be dangerous areas to build a house. When there is things one can do
to prevent loss of life, I think it should be done. I also think the dead might agree with
me.

Take Louisiana for example. There are areas in that state that are becoming more and
more water. So of course, people must move to higher ground. There is no 'fix'. All
they can do is move inland......that is, if they want to protect themselves from the water.

You know what I think is pretty low? » Post #11

Tue Oct 11, 2016 14:31 in General Talk

Well, I think it was appropriate to warn everyone about the Hurricane and the USA
did advise evacuation in the areas that were probably most in danger. I don't think
anything is wrong with that.

What I do think is wrong, is what I said. They did not evacuate the people in Haiti
that was in the most dangerous areas.

You know, the earth is never staying the same, never. So I don't see how people
can be so dense as to think they can continue living in areas that are continuing
to grow even more dangerous.

There comes a time when a 'fix' is not on the menu.

You know what I think is pretty low? » Post #9

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 in General Talk

The poor people in Haiti, do not have anything. Many still live in worn out tents.
Others were/are living in less than shacks. They don't have kitchen sinks nor
toilets.

The world knew the hurricane was coming and they knew it would hit Haiti hard
as it usually does. Yet, no ship from no where to take those poor people out.
They just let them die. They knew they would die. No evacuation. No help.
Just let them die and they did.

What's for Supper? » Post #14

Tue Oct 11, 2016 06:29 in General Talk

I am not real fond of tuna. I use to eat tuna. Then they started packing tuna that looks like cat food.
Tuna salad made with tuna that looks like cat food taste mushy. Then they started packing the really
good tuna with a really good higher price. So me thought, isn't that a smart marketing ploy! Sell me
what looks like cat food and then create a new can and call it 'white' tuna and charge me more money.
That's like shortening my shoes and making me wear. Same difference.

What's for Supper? » Post #12

Mon Oct 10, 2016 21:34 in General Talk

The best thing to do is not eat the animal at all. :(

Another good day. » Post #5

Mon Oct 10, 2016 14:22 in General Talk

It all adds up and something is always better than nothing.

What's for Supper? » Post #7

Mon Oct 10, 2016 14:19 in General Talk

tasman1 wrote: Slow down , just out of bed , 7AM here , preparing coffee first

HaHa! You still gotta eat later.

What's for Supper? » Post #1

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:18 in General Talk

I am hungry! What's for supper?

Veggie Chili. Naw, too lazy.
Frozen Pizza with fresh toppings. Naw, too lazy.
Grilled Cheese. Naw, too lazy.
Apple and slice of frozen pie. :mrgreen:

What are you having for supper?

Another good day. » Post #2

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:23 in General Talk

I think most that read that topic knew you were having fun.

Some times a member will come along and post things and other members THINK they know
the situation simply be reading the one post. Moderators are very much aware of those that
don't follow the rules, are trouble makers, and simply put.....those that want to do nothing
but complain consistently. Members do not see all the posts the moderators do not approve,
set for deletion, etc. Members read the one post or one topic or one scenario and they just
take for granted that I am rude or another moderator is rude, etc. They don't know the full
story, so to speak.

Bottomline, you did nothing to be sorry for. :thumbup:

Reminder-Tomorrow is a holiday » Post #1

Sun Oct 09, 2016 16:44 in General Talk

FYI tomorrow is a USA Federal Holiday.

It must be sunday » Post #10

Sun Oct 09, 2016 15:25 in General Talk

mappo710 wrote: I have not a clue how you guys make all this cash , Sunday ,or any other day ! I never get a chance to make anything worthwhile and I never qualify for a survey . This program is becoming the "pits"!

The reason you don't make money is because you are too busy complaining.

It must be sunday » Post #9

Sun Oct 09, 2016 15:23 in General Talk

leeuna wrote:
valerie wrote: Yes. It will be Sunday all day. :thumbup:

Unless it rains. :lol:

You've got a point. I never thought of that. :o

Tissue paper V Sandpaper » Post #8

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:57 in General Talk

It's cotton harvest here now. There is lots of raw cotton along the sides of the roads.

Happy Thanksgiving » Post #6

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:56 in General Talk

Happy St Valentine's Day! :?

It must be sunday » Post #2

Sun Oct 09, 2016 09:49 in General Talk

Yes. It will be Sunday all day. :thumbup:

Why Don't Kids Want to Work? » Post #28

Sun Oct 09, 2016 08:54 in General Talk

One thing that is really disturbing about the housing bubble burst is that home owners did
not take responsibility. I mean come on. You see a house, you want it, you cannot afford
it, but you go for it anyway....then when foreclosure rolls around, you cry about it and blame
everyone else.

Just for the record, for those reading this, I am not talking about unforeseen crisis. I am
talking about people that take out huge loans when they know they don't have the money
to pay it back. I am not sure what their thought processes are. Do they think that maybe
they will get a raise at work, a higher paying job soon, another family member will go to
work, they'll take a second job, they can manage til out of college where the great job
awaits.....what were they thinking?

Is it like waving a cookie in a child's face? NO. They are adults and even though they want
that house, they know they can't afford it. Just because a loan company or bank tells them
they can get the loan, doesn't mean they should. This is in large part, what happen during
the housing crash.

Sure, the banks were largely at fault too. Very much so. However, if people had chosen
not to take out the loans on houses they could not afford, I don't think the crisis would
have been a crisis.

Why Don't Kids Want to Work? » Post #25

Sat Oct 08, 2016 22:51 in General Talk

Ya, a lot of people have the 'Jones' mentality.

I don't think all kids or people are like that though, in regards to getting everything handed to them.

One of the biggest rip offs is the cell phone. It's actually very insulting and personally, I would be
embarrassed to own a thousand dollar phone. I have mentioned before how I paid Verizon for years
about $80 per month and I had a rather expensive cell phone. I then came to realize the trakfones.
After throwing my money away to Verizon for years, I finally switched to a trakfone. I like it better
than what I had for years. I buy a new phone every year, about a $100 cost, and I choose the one
that comes with triple minutes for life. I am not one to talk endlessly on the phone or do texting and
all that stuff. I say hello, yes I will be there, goodbye. I know of families that spend several hundred
dollars per month for cell phone service. It's just stupid in my opinion but I guess it is all about what
you want and that is it.

I know people that own a half million dollar house, on upwards, and have a $2,000 a month
mortgage.....and they are always complaining about their mortgage. Me, I live in a moderate,
house, and I have $0 no mortgage.

Several years ago, I had a little chevy truck. I loved that little truck. It was just right for me. I
bought that truck used when it was a year old. I paid cash for it. I drove that little truck for
ten years. My sister grandson was looking for a truck so I let him have it. But I was rather attached
to it. I know people that have a $500 a month car payment. I have a very nice, rather new
vehicle. I paid cash for it. I will probably drive it for ten years.

Many people today, think they have to have the million dollar house, a new vehicle every year,
costly cell phones, etc. It is worrisome for many of those people. They worry about what if
their job lays them off. They worry what will happen if their business fails. They worry what
they will do if they can't make their house payment.

It's very sad, actually.

Why Don't Kids Want to Work? » Post #23

Sat Oct 08, 2016 15:19 in General Talk

Suddenly, out of the blue, from nowheresville, for some unknown reason, I just now
got a vision.....a vision of a wallaby jumping through a sparse land carrying a pecan
pie whilst this strange music was playing.....

Men At Work - Down Under - YouTube

Why Don't Kids Want to Work? » Post #18

Sat Oct 08, 2016 14:32 in General Talk

Micshad wrote:
lotoole wrote: This year has been a bumper crop for Black Walnuts. I have lots of those trees on my property and I'm drowning in walnuts. They're all over the place. You can't walk without breaking your neck on them. Their price is at an all time high this year. So, I've told local kids they can have them. All they have to do is pick them up and take them to the huller for cash. Not a single kid has jumped on this opportunity and there's at least $150 worth of walnuts sitting in my yard. So why don't kids want to work for some money? When I was a kid, I would have been all over this.

Wow! Our black walnut trees aren't giving many this year. The acorns are few and far between, too, and very small. Our mulberry tree - no mulberries either. Don't know what's going on this year. Maybe the heat?

The first year we owned this property I collected all the black walnuts I could, sat and peeled them (wearing gloves of course!), set them in a basket on the patio table. None there the next day. We did the same with the popcorn we grew, but hung them from a fish net from the roof. There was also a lot missing the next day....the culprit? Squirrels. Oh, well. I now let the squirrels have any nut they want, except my husband, of course.

Funny, this year they aren't bothering. Wonder if it has something to do with the feral momma cat and kittens that moved in this summer. :)

Maybe you know this but maybe you don't.

Nut trees usually do not do well every year. Some years they net a whole lot more than other years.
I'm almost afraid to say because I can't remember really the poundage but it was something like....
the both pecan trees, the best year I had something like 500 pounds. It seemed like they would skip
a year. It made a very big difference. I would say the off year they would net half that amount or less.

Here, the acorns are falling now and they are very small and very white.

I have lots and lots and lots and lots of HICKORY NUTS. I don't know much about those. It's fun to
watch the squirrels eat them.

Have you folks ever watched a squirrel climb a corn stalk and break the corn off the stalk? It is very
hilarious and interesting. I have sat right here from my desk and watched the field across the way when
there is corn planted, squirrels climb the stalk, rip the corn from the stalk, drag it over to my yard, stip
the corn husk off, and eat the corn. Some times If I have a window open, I can here the crack of the
corn coming off the stalk. :lol:

You know what I think is pretty low? » Post #3

Fri Oct 07, 2016 23:07 in General Talk

I know! It wasn't long ago they were hit by a storm too.

You know, some places are just not meant for people or animals for that matter.
Haiti is one of them.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jul 12, 2020 08:48:15 EST