Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Show us your pet » Post #75

Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:51 in General Talk

I do still feed Hummie

Show us your pet » Post #74

Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:47 in General Talk

....and Kill they do!

I try to keep collars with noisy bells on the outside cats. There was a day long long ago, that I
fed birds. I love to bird watch and was always excited to see some sort of different bird visit
then I would usually see. One time I purchased a feeder for the 'Baltimore Oriole' but was sure
I would never see one here. I bought the special citrus juice liquid for it. Then one day, it happen.
I saw the Baltimore Oriole feeding from it. I was as tickled as a pickle. That was the only time
I ever saw a Baltimore Oriole up close and personal, so to speak.

Then the stray cats located me and my bird days ended quickly. If I feed the birds, the cats
will kill them and leave their guts all over my patio, porch, balcony and every where else they
think I will be proud to see the labors of their warrior ways.

NO MORE, I said to self. I must embark on Walmart for cat collars.

Eh, the cat collar bells are useless so at Christmas time I stocked up on JINGLE BELLS of all
sizes.

Every so often, a very unlucky bird or squirrel meets his demise by the paws of the ruthless cat hunters.
NO MERCY do they show.

I will admit, I am more pleased than I should be when they kill moles.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #19

Sun Dec 11, 2016 06:49 in General Talk

I was curious because I know I first had a Zelda back in the late 80's, early 90's.

The first Legend of Zelda game appeared on the Famicom Disk System in 1986. It was later converted into a cartridge game for the American NES. The Legend of Zelda, the first game of the series, was first released in Japan on February 21, 1986, on the Famicom Disk System.

Show us your pet » Post #71

Sun Dec 11, 2016 06:30 in General Talk

Hope looks a lot lie my cat Miss Cookie. They have a 'calico' coloring.

FYI » Post #1

Sun Dec 11, 2016 06:24 in Indonesian

Show us your pet » Post #65

Sat Dec 10, 2016 16:33 in General Talk

She is very cute and the beach looks inviting.

My old house cat has one eye and the other eye will soon need to be removed.
He has been bumping into furniture but he is no doubt using his nose more and
discovering how to function without eye sight. He loves to eat too. :lol:

Show us your pet » Post #62

Sat Dec 10, 2016 15:30 in General Talk

If you choose 'Direct Link' and then take that link and click in box here 'Image' and paste the Direct Link image url in, the image will appear here in your post.

Cute dog, little tongue hanging out. The beach looks nice too.

Sugar Overload aka Recipes » Post #21

Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 in General Talk

When you UK e uns talk, all I can think of is Robin Hood, castles, bridges with motes, Lady this and Lady that,
and oh so very very proper English.....or........

I think of rock bands or Twiggy.

Show us your pet » Post #57

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:58 in General Talk

Ya, it is freezing here. Not as bad as the North. It got down to about 16 last night. I feed
the outside cats about 8 in the morning. It was colder than a well diggers butt out. They
weren't too enthused to leave their cozy house to eat. I've had their heating pads plugged
up.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #18

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:54 in General Talk

perfectshops wrote: My children play games like Pokemon - Black and white, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Sun and Moon etc. on the NDS at a friends house. I am planning to buy one, suggestions anyone :?:

I have had the Gameboy and I have the Nintendo DS. I am presently waiting on the new 3D XL.
All of them have worked fine without any issues at all. The 3D XL has some additional features
such as Netflix and Hulu. I am a Netflix subscriber so that did aid in my decision to go for it. I
know the main clincher for me is that I can play all my DS games on it. Not that I have a room
full but I have ten.

So just be sure to do your research, know all the features each has, and choose the one you
think you will like the best. I do think at this point in time the new one I ordered will be good
since it will play the older games too.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #16

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:31 in General Talk

I had to look it up 'Pinball Wizard' the movie was in 1975. That really does not seem right to me
as I would have thought more like 1972.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 09:27 in General Talk

Yep if you go way back you can locate games such as the 'Tennis for Two' that was created
in the late 50's.

Games like Pong and PacMan I guess was some of the first arcade games.

I can go back to the mid to late 60's as I use to visit 'The Museum of Science and Industry' in Chicago.
They had some pretty cool things that as kids, we thought would never come into existence. For example
at ten years old, my friend and I liked to go there to sit at a monitor. Her on one side and me on the
other. We would push a button and I could talk and she could see me and vice versa. We thought it so
fun and so very Science Fiction. That was about 1966/1967. They also had a game that I would not
be sworn to call it THE Tennis for Two but it was also at monitors....simple black screen, dots across
the screen as a net with a larger dot bouncing around like a tennis ball. :lol:

About 1970, pinball machines became so popular that eventually a movie was made 'Pinball Wizard'.
I am not sure what year that movie came out. I don't even remember much about it other than
Ann Margaret rolling around in beans and Tommy being blind.

What's the last movie or TV show you saw? » Post #46

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:52 in General Talk

Sugar Mountain

Another pretty good movie with a good plot.

It's about these two brothers and a girl that is one of the brother's girlfriends.
They are in Alaska and they are in debt. Their boat repossessed. The girl
says I know, let's do something like fake being lost and we can sell the story
to 20/20 and get rich. So the brothers set up food, blankets and stuff in a
cave for the one brother to live there for ten days to pretend he is lost whilst
the girlfriend and other brother act all sad that he is gone missing.

Pretty good movie.

Visit Bangladesh » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:47 in General Talk

Or just a very large bottle of lice away.

Test » Post #11

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:46 in General Talk

I'll give you all an A simply because I know you are all on sugar overload.

Sugar Overload aka Recipes » Post #14

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:44 in General Talk

Oh brother. Talk about sugar overload. I think you've all had too much. :o

What's involved in being a moderator? » Post #20

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:40 in General Talk

I think people get too involved in what others say online, stuff that doesn't matter.
People that don't even know. People they will never know. People they will never see.

So, it can be difficult at times but as I always say 'mind your own business and don't
sweat the small stuff'.

There was a member not long ago that said I was always so mean and that she is not
returning to the forum because I am mean. I am like, ya got to be kidding me'. That
is what I call a 'cop out' and I her excuse.

You want to see mean, come over to my house and I will slap you upside the head.
That is mean. I will throw a can of soup at you. That is mean. How about I invite
you to supper and feed you nothing but stale raisins. That is mean. What if I buy
you underwear for Christmas that are two sizes too small with no return receipt. :twisted:

My posting on a forum 'mean'? I don't think so.

referal members » Post #6

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:20 in General Talk

rzhel wrote: i have a question pls help me..
i suppose to refer my friend to clixsense how will i send to him my affliates link?
thank you

You can send it to him in an email.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #8

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:19 in General Talk

Marcel-R6 wrote: Seeing this topic about some 'old"games,I discovered I still have my little Tetris box :lol:

I played some Tetris just last night. I remember playing it way back in the early 90's too before
there were was even much of internet.

I have the DS 'Tetris Party Deluxe'.

So it is interesting to note that some of these games today, were actually in existence before the
internet or at the extreme earliest of the internet, before all the game stations.

Over ten years ago, I purchased Christmas for a family in my area. It was an elderly lady that was
raising her three grandchildren, all boys. The youngest boy was just a little thing and the older boys
wouldn't let him play with the games they had. So I went to a pawn shop and bought an old game
system that came also with several games....it was the machine, controllers, and a few games. It
didn't matter if he tore it up or not but he was thrilled with that system. I think it was some sort of
old Nintendo stuff. It has big clunky games like an 8 track tape.

Zelda, anyone? » Post #7

Sat Dec 10, 2016 06:10 in General Talk

Nikorj wrote: Zelda Majora's mask and Zelda the windwaker are defenitely awesome games.

I'm not from that era,But thanks to thee internet i've dug up a lot of great retro games like Castlevania 1+3,Super mario 1+2+3 (All are great games) Are there still arcade machines in America??? Cause there's not a single one left in Denmark,Not even in the urban part of copenhagen where i live.

I've completed all zelda games except the one on wiiu,So feel free to ask Valerie :D

You've completed all the Zelda games? WOW! :P

For DS I have 'Zelda Phantom Hourglass' and 'Zelda Spirit Tracks'. For GameBoy I had 'The Legend of Zelda'.

What is that 'wiuii' ? I saw some games for that but didn't even know what it was.

Good question about the 'Arcade' and I don't know. I would guess, maybe in some more remote
gas stations/mini marts. There was the time when shopping malls had one or more large Arcade
rooms with just about every machine you could think of. I suppose they made a ton of money.
Many years ago I remember my sister that lives in a small town, lived by a mini mart and her kids
would go there almost every day to play 'PacMan' and something else. It was just a small little
store but they had two game machines.

I watch 'Price is Right' rather faithfully every morning. It's a popular game show that has been
airing since the 70's. I can remember when they would give away pinball machines as a prize.

I have not thought about it but you are right, I suppose there isn't any or perhaps a few arcade
machines around. I would guess that perhaps amusement fun type houses might have some.

People did start having game rooms that were simply like the ones we play today on computers.
I know because a friend of mine that works online, opened a really nice one in North Carolina.
I saw pictures of it. He had a very nice room, lots of tables, laptops, computers, play stations,
all that. It didn't fly. Most people simply stay at home and play games on their own machines.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Aug 7, 2020 11:19:45 EST