Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

What's Your Favorite OLD TV Series ? » Post #56

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:41 in General Talk

Well my topic is whats your favorite old tv series and some have posted every tv series they can think of. :lol:

There's a lot of tv series but when it comes to choosing a few favorites, I guess it can be difficult to do.

GIGS - you can not miss!!! » Post #7

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:39 in General Talk

Woodstock!

I think I missed it.

Actors you CanNOT stand to watch » Post #29

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:38 in General Talk

I don't like that Adam Sandler either. I think he is stupid. I don't think I have
ever found anything funny that he does. Just stupid.

I never cared much for Will Ferrell because his acting is stupid about like Sandler
but recently I watched the movie 'Daddy's Home' and it was a really funny movie
and he was good in it.

Operation performed by YOU? » Post #11

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 in General Talk

Well see, that is my point......we have access now to a flood of pin pointed information.
That is if we want to take the time to search for it.

For example, lets think about the dentist. One of the least costly dentist in my area
charges approximately $110.00 to extract a tooth. How does he go about that? Well,
basically he shoots some novocaine into the gum at the extraction site, then he takes
what is basically a pair or pliers and then he wiggles back and forth to loosen the tooth
for extraction and then he pulls it out. Then he places a wad of gauze for the patient
to bite down on and then he offers a prescription for a handful of pain pills.

In the old days, all they could do is drink a swig of whisky before the dentist pulled their tooth.

So what is the difference?

-Lack of education
-Lack of tools

That's it.

If you pin point the information for the surgery and learn what you need to do AND if you
have the tools to perform that surgery, you might do a better job than what a professional
would do plus save a ton of money.

So when it gets right down to it, the only problem I see is the lack of tools.

Best start buying surgical tools and equipment. :lol:

Operation performed by YOU? » Post #1

Mon Jul 11, 2016 09:19 in General Talk

I thought I would post this because I think if things keep going like they are going, people
will operate on themselves.

I was speaking with someone the other day and we were talking about the future and prices.
I was saying, I remembered when a loaf of bread cost .19 cents and a candy bar was .5 cents.

The conversation continued and I said health care is so expensive, I imagine people will start
performing operations on their self since people can access information online.

What I said, got me thinking it is ALREADY happening. There is a youtube video of a guy
pulling out his own tooth because they don't have dental insurance.

I suspect there are a lot of people performing some forms of surgery on themselves.

What do you think? Is this going to be the way of the future? Do we need to stock up on
alcohol and towels?

Actors you CanNOT stand to watch » Post #11

Sat Jul 09, 2016 16:22 in General Talk

In regards to comedy actors, it is like Carol Burnett said in an interview when ask
what she thought about the comedians today, her reply was 'asinine'.

Real comedy and real comedy acting must take a lot of work and that is something
many comedians today, don't seem to know much about.

The old comedy shows were really truly funny and they didn't use dirty language
to get a laugh. Jackie Gleason (The HoneyMooners) was a great show and very
funny too with often a dry humor.

Granted 'George Carlin' was truly a genius at comedy and he did later, on stage,
use a lot of dirty language.

My absolute favorite comedy actor of all time has to be 'Danny Kaye' and also
'Jerry Lewis'. Loved those guys.

Great comedy never gets old......I still laugh til I cry when I watch this:
The Pellet with the Poison's in the Vessel with the Pestle - The Court (7/9) Movie CLIP (1956) HD - YouTube

Actors you CanNOT stand to watch » Post #1

Sat Jul 09, 2016 01:27 in General Talk

Some times there will be a movie that sounds very interesting but there is an
actor/actress in it that I cannot stand so I don't watch it or i grit my teeth the
entire time.

There is an old one I never did like and she was the most famous actress in
Hollywood at one time: Barbara Stanwyck.

Actually, I didn't mind her too much in her very old movies but I still didnt
like her. Something about her mouth. :lol:

Very Stupid Email Spammers » Post #17

Sat Jul 09, 2016 01:19 in General Talk

akalinus wrote: There must be something wrong with me. Recently, I turned down $12 billion that I won in a contest or something. All I had to do was send copies of my birth certificate, passport, driver's license, bank account names and numbers, a lock of hair from my first born and a thumbprint. Well, most of it anyway.

I used to get emails from the sheik of the burning sands to come and join his harem because I am beautiful and true love only matters. I think he must have been blind.

Well I am the long lost Princess of the Queen of Nigeria. They happen to trace me down
after Queen Nineediabugodai passed away. She left $38,975,502.07 to me. I don't have
to send any id's. Also, they did not ask for my first born. All I need to do is do a wire
transfer from my bank through Wells Fargo of $12,623.00....a meager sum in exchange
for the huge sum owed me. I think they need the $12,623.00 for a stamp.

Are zombies capable of time travel? » Post #3

Fri Jul 08, 2016 01:41 in General Talk

I'll let you know my thoughts tomorrow.
Right now, I am 'dead' tired.

Did you know the more recent zombies can run fast?

Clixsense is huge waste of time » Post #2

Wed Jul 06, 2016 08:16 in General Talk

I am just taking a wild guess but I am going to guess.....just guess mind you......that you
don't bother to read. Because IF you took the time to read and understand how things
work, you'd probably come a lot more to making money.

Looking at your stats......way over there..................>
It relays to me that you have been a member since July 3rd and today is only the 6th.

So, instead of reading, asking questions, learning to make money here, you choose to do
nothing but throw insults at a program that has been online for TEN YEARS in which has
paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars to members.

Obviously, you have no intention of making money here.

Just for the record..... ClixSense does not own survey companies and rarely does anyone
in Bulgaria advertise with survey companies.

So good luck because you certainly need luck since you don't bother to read or ask for help.

Hi! » Post #2

Wed Jul 06, 2016 02:08 in General Talk

Click on the various earning options and follow directions.

What's Your Favorite OLD TV Series ? » Post #9

Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:43 in General Talk

Oh ya, those are some I forgot about.

I loved 'I Dream of Jeannie' and also 'Bewitched'.

I still watch 'Little House on the Prairie' and I always need Kleenex handy for that one. :lol:

Dr Who is on Netflix NOW! I am thinking of watching it from the first how onward.
Presently, I am on the last season of Andy Griffith.

'Green Acres' was HILARIOUS!

'The Munsters' and 'The Adamms Family' were so cool!

I also watched Dick Van Dyke show very faithfully but funny, about all I can remember
his him tripping over that sofa and her saying 'Ohhhh Robbb'.....and the kitchen.....oh
and the work place office.

I watched 'I love Lucy' a lot too but I did NOT like her husband at all.

Oberder - Where are you? » Post #20

Tue Jul 05, 2016 00:40 in General Talk

He is so funny. :lol:

I am glad he is fine.

What's Your Favorite OLD TV Series ? » Post #1

Mon Jul 04, 2016 18:28 in General Talk

There were tv series that I looked forward to as a kid. Some were those that
came on after I got home from school. Some were really dumb that I don't
think I could watch today even if I was paid to.

Dobie Gillis - This show was really dumb and I am not even sure to this day what it was really about. The main thing everyone seems to remember about that show, is the 'Thinking Man' statue and the commentary all through out, plus the beatnik playing the bongo's (Gilligan he later became). I would watch it without fail.

Leave it to Beaver - Ok, even this one was past my time but it was on rather regular and I really liked it. I often wondered why my life wasn't like that.

Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, and Outer Limit's - All three of these were so cool! Actually they still are. The main one people tend to remember is 'Twilight Zone'. No one could forget Rod Sterling and his cigarettes. He always had a cigarette in his hand and the blowing smoke.....well, it made me want to smoke too. He did die of lung cancer years later.

Bonanza - Ok, if Little Joe (Michael Landon) hadn't been in this series, I probably wouldn't have watched it. Granted, I liked Hoss but Little Joe, he was GROOVY!

Gilligan's Island - This series was so very stupid. The only thing more annoying was the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family. Still, I watched it faithfully and I liked Gilligan. Most of the characters were so lame. I wanted to be just like Mary Ann.

Andy Griffith - This was series was just too good. If I had to live in a tv series for eternity, this one would be it. Simple times but everyone took life easy and had lots of fun. The last couple of seasons wasn't so great because Fife had left the show to make movies. Fife really did make the show.

American Bandstand - Came on every Saturday and that's how I learned to do the jerk. :lol:

Do you have any old favorites?

What does it mean to be successful? » Post #2

Mon Jul 04, 2016 18:12 in General Talk

I am not sure about that. I guess the suffering could be one's self.

I think it's like 'beauty'. It's in the eye of the beholder.

We can look at people that we believe to be successful. No doubt they are.
However, the successful person may not see him/her self as successful.

Success to some people is totally different than success to someone else.....just like beauty.

Ubuntu - Anyone Using? Install on old system? » Post #8

Mon Jul 04, 2016 18:08 in General Talk

It's not a big deal. Its just that I need to do a review on the Ubuntu and I have
the old gateway I was going to try it on. I'll just use another laptop.

Ubuntu - Anyone Using? Install on old system? » Post #6

Mon Jul 04, 2016 01:15 in General Talk

Hmmm The thing is checking for updates.....the gateway. :lol:
It's windows XP
1.50 GHz processor
503 M system RAM
2048 K cache

I guess it is not going to work. Oh well.

Ubuntu - Anyone Using? Install on old system? » Post #5

Mon Jul 04, 2016 00:01 in General Talk

I guess this if from a reseller, not sure.

The disc says Ubuntu 14.04.3
64 Bit
Life Time Support

And then included is about 4 little sheets of paper stapled together.
And first page says:

This 8 GB USB Flash drive contains the following:
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS 64-bit
64-Bit Boot Repair

Errrr already confused.....it's a disc not a flash drive. I guess it's just common directions.

Last page says for laptop: intel atom processor @1.6 GHz, 386 MB of system memory (RAM), 4 GB of disk space, Screen of 1024x600 resolution, Graphics chipset with support for visual effects.

I think I will plug up the old gateway and see what OS is on it.

Very Stupid Email Spammers » Post #15

Sun Jul 03, 2016 23:52 in General Talk

MARISWARI wrote: Hi Friends, work the way to get money, stop talking and work more, wish you all the best

All work and no play makes for a very bad day.

Ubuntu - Anyone Using? Install on old system? » Post #1

Sun Jul 03, 2016 18:19 in General Talk

I recently received a Ubuntu disc and I am wondering if I can install it on an old Gateway laptop?

At the moment, I am not even sure what OS is on the old gateway laptop. I think I bought that
laptop in or around 2005. An old version of windows OS.

The gateway laptop still works. It has a battery that lasts about 40 minutes, if lucky. That was
HOT in 2005. :lol:

It became a laptop that I would keep in my vehicle so that when I traveled I'd always have a
laptop handy. That's about all it was good for after some years of use.

So I thought it might be fun to install this Ubuntu on it, if it will install. I'm just wondering if
something that old, will Ubuntu still install on it?
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 21, 2019 05:40:29 EST