Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Trunk or Treat - HaPpY HalLoWeenie! » Post #1

Sat Oct 31, 2020 16:15 in General Talk

Halloween (Allhalloween )2020 » Post #2

Sat Oct 31, 2020 13:10 in General Talk

What they started doing in most USA States and towns is what they call Trunk Or Treat.

In my town, the parents drive to the park and the kids get out and go from trunk to trunk
to get their treat. Everyone basically knows everyone and the cops are there on the sidelines.
Everyone will be wearing masks of course, even the adults I suppose this year.

What Will Aliens Look Like? » Post #20

Sat Oct 31, 2020 13:06 in General Talk

No point in locking the topic. I have reported it.

What Will Aliens Look Like? » Post #11

Sat Oct 31, 2020 07:48 in General Talk

Chahat wrote: One of the useless topic here again ha ha ha ha

Yes we all need the intelligent conversation that you produce. ha ha ha

Sean Connery has died. » Post #4

Sat Oct 31, 2020 07:46 in General Talk

Life is so short and I some times ponder the reason for it.

It takes a life time to realize. I mean that in many aspects. A life time to realize who we are.
A life time to realize what we really want to be and do. A life time to learn and discover. By
the time we get to where we may want to be in life, it's over. If we could live to be 200, I
wonder how much different it would be. It all seems to unfair.

I guess we all must move on to make room for the population.

Sean Connery has died. » Post #2

Sat Oct 31, 2020 06:11 in General Talk

It's very sad.

What will useless mod look like? » Post #2

Sat Oct 31, 2020 06:07 in General Talk

I don't think you need to be a member here at these forums.

The only thing you do here is put down others and constantly put down moderators.

Maybe you should take a good look at yourself before name calling.

In addition, a good idea would have been to read the rules.

What Will Aliens Look Like? » Post #9

Fri Oct 30, 2020 22:10 in General Talk

I've thought about that, aliens being tiny and aliens being very tall.

Think of ants. How tiny little teeny ants are yet they are very organized.
They know how to colonize, how to send out solider ants to look for food,
how to form lines to march their food back home. Plus, the tiny ants can
find food, very quickly.

So if an ant can do all that, I think it's possible there could be very tiny
aliens with highly intelligent brains.

Vice versa too. There could be aliens that are 30 feet tall or maybe taller.

We can even look at our own DNA and wonder. Dwarfism and Gigantism.
How did those genes come to be?

What Will Aliens Look Like? » Post #1

Fri Oct 30, 2020 15:50 in General Talk

I think of Stephen Hawkins and the movie '30 days of night'.

Hawkins believed that we are not alone in the universe. He believed there is intelligent life
out there. He stated that although he believe intelligent life exists in the universe, we would
probably be better off not finding them.

I agree with Hawkins.

When I think how mean (to say the least) people are on our planet, what would make me
think otherwise on other planets?

We joke around and say how terrible we are, always fighting with each other, always take
sides or not taking sides with other countries, the constant wars, etc. However, what if
the intelligent life on other planets are just like us or worse?

For some reason, I tend to think of the movie '30 days of night' when I think of aliens.
If you've never watched that movie, it was about animalistic nature of vampires killing
of a small pipe line town in Alaska during their 30 days of darkness.

We tend to call ourselves 'intelligent life' but I am not so sure that is a good calling for
us. We'd probably be more true to ourselves if we called us 'stupid life' or 'angry life'
or 'ignorant life' because I don't see us as very intelligent at all. If there was a sliding
scale of ignorance and stupidity, humans would be at the high end.

Some people say, there is aliens out there, watching us, visiting us, why don't they stop
and let themselves be known? I think if that really is happening, the answer is very
obvious. Why would they want to be known to a bunch of angry stupid war hoarding
quacks that kill each other, destroy their environment, and murder their animals? Face
it 'intelligent life' would not want anything to do with us.

BUT what if there is aliens like the vampires in '30 days of night' or some other creatures
that could destroy us in the blink of an eye? What if aliens took over our planet and
put us all in cages for breeding and their supper?

Most anything you can think of might be possible. A planet with no plants? A planet
that aliens breed their own kind for food? A planet with aliens that do not eat and
survive on air (or some kind of organism) only?

What do you think?

Prime Deal Days » Post #87

Fri Oct 30, 2020 08:59 in General Talk

Yes, like I said, I got a little bored with it. Some parts were so repetitive and went
on and on about it.

I may be wrong but I think that was actually a $5.99 new release. I know there was
one on there that I thought about ordering but I decided against it. It had a lot of
good reviews. Many of the new release movies, documentaries, will be free to watch
eventually and often at the very least, they'll have special discount prices on them.

But yeah, I thought it had some interesting parts and different than any other UFO
programs I have watched.

Prime Deal Days » Post #85

Thu Oct 29, 2020 19:05 in General Talk

There have been cases of fish falling from the sky. Not just a few, thousands.
Many years ago when it happen, they shrugged it off as birds dropping their fish. :?

A lot of strange things happen in this world that we can't account for.

Just like that banana you saw, I saw it too! It shot across the moon at lightning speed.
I could have sworn a big hairy ape was chasing after it! Eh, the things one sees on a
full moon night.

Prime Deal Days » Post #83

Thu Oct 29, 2020 09:00 in General Talk

Last night on Prime I watched a program that was some what different.
I think it was 'Lights In The Sky' 2020 documentary.

It displayed video that was sent in from a woman that said the sky was
glistening like diamonds so she did a video of it.

The video was inspected by the powers that be, enlarged and what they
discovered was thousands of symbols. They referred to the symbols as
looking like two dimensional insect diagrams.

They obviously never played Atari. To me, they looked like some type of
old computer game. All in the night sky!

I was a little bored with the program but it did have some interesting points
and videos.

Some scientist believe that organisms can rise from the ocean into the sky.
They showed an image of a jellyfish in the night sky.

Anyway, if you have that in your Prime, you may want to watch it. Very
different than the general UFO documentaries.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #45

Thu Oct 29, 2020 08:51 in General Talk

Ice is usually the culprit in bad winters here.

Snow, rarely an issue. Although it is kind of funny when it snows a little, people get excited.

What's bad is a heavy rain when it is well below freezing. Ice ice ice. No one likes to get out
when there is ice. Nothing can really be done about it other than placing salt on the roads.
That doesn't do a lot of good when it is continuous ice for days because most of the South
does not have a large supply of salt. They sell little bags of salt at Walmart beginning about
this time of year. I have a little bag I bought two years ago, still have not used it. You know,
we pour it on our steps and walk ways when necessary which so far, has not been necessary.
The funny thing about that, if ice, no one gets out, so what is the point of pouring the salt?
None! :mrgreen:

Well I don't know to your question. Break the window and jump out then go open the door. :lol:

HaHa! » Post #3

Thu Oct 29, 2020 07:41 in Polish

GRZEGORZ BRZĘCZYSZCZYKIEWICZ

Geee r zeee go r z
Bee r zee see zee why ssss zee see why kay eye eeee weee eye see zee

How's that?

Or maybe it's

greesyorg breezycracker :shock:

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #43

Wed Oct 28, 2020 21:39 in General Talk

You have sliding glass windows. Ok. Whew! Took awhile to figure that one out. :mrgreen:
Good thing you don't need to run outside every time you want the windows open. hahahahahahaha

32 below!!! 32 below!!! 32 below!!! Noooooooo Noooooo Nooooo

Oh there might be a really freezing few days or now and then when it might get down to 10 or 12 F
but even that is not very common. There are generally few days it gets below freezing. When it does
it's maybe 27 F at the lowest. Winters are rather mild the further South one goes in the USA. I should
knock on wood because we might have a bad winter. I have a gas pack that I think will still run if the
power is off. At any rate, I do have a gas fire place that will run without electricity.

I never thought about that. No snakes in Canada. We have plenty over here.

Prime Deal Days » Post #80

Wed Oct 28, 2020 21:22 in General Talk

Maybe we will be at war with Martians!

Prime Deal Days » Post #78

Wed Oct 28, 2020 19:03 in General Talk

I think it's a little difficult for one to say what they will do in the future
because you never know what's going to take place between the now
and future.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #41

Wed Oct 28, 2020 18:55 in General Talk

HaHa!

I'm so confused. I never heard of a window that opens inside with another window behind it
that opens outside. What would be the purpose of that? If you wanted fresh air, you'd have
to open the inside window and run outside and open the outside window. Or open the inside
window and reach out to open the outside window. :lol:

A double pane window is two sheets of glass. Hence 'double pane'. With a double pane window
there is some space between the glass. It's not glued together (so to speak). When you open
the window raise the window you get air. Simple as that. ALL windows have an outside weep
hole. Generally it is on the metal frame. That way if you wash your window seals, the excess
water can run out through the weep hole. It may generally be on the window screen.

No, I don't live in the house we built. I had too much for me to handle there and sold it when
he passed away two years ago. My house is brick and one area of my house has double pane
windows. There isn't drafts coming in any where in this house.

I still don't know why you would have that large opening on the inside of your window. You
know what it reminds me of....it reminds me of those old windows that had rope pulls in them.
You ever see any of those? I can't recall where or when I saw such but I know I have. Had
some kind of ropes on the side and I think a big opening at the bottom where the ropes could
be adjusted.

Yep, I think you have to be very familiar or have had many people you know well, give the
thumbs up to handymen or individual laborers. Not saying all are bad. Just saying if you
don't know and you have a big job like a roof, best go with a licensed company.

Payments » Post #2

Wed Oct 28, 2020 18:32 in Payment Proofs

Please stop posting your information in your image.

Prime Deal Days » Post #76

Wed Oct 28, 2020 15:02 in General Talk

Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Nov 24, 2020 20:57:27 EST