Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #78

Thu Nov 17, 2016 14:16 in General Talk

charez wrote: I guess the documentary you're talking is Cowconspiracy.

Yes, that is the one I THINK I was referring to.

There is also Food Inc.

Clixsense is still paying for neteller? » Post #2

Thu Nov 17, 2016 14:03 in General Talk

IF it is available as a payment option in your ClixSense profile then yes, you can choose it.
However, it may take a very long time to get it. As stated in the most recent update, choose
PayPal or Tango for a faster payout.

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #74

Thu Nov 17, 2016 08:30 in General Talk

It depends on the fish.

I grew up eating meat at most every meal. There was always some sort of meat.
I never ate breakfast on school days but weekends was almost always eggs and
bacon or eggs and sausage. I don't think we ever had a formal lunch time. If I
got hungry before supper, it always varied, a sandwich or something else. Supper
was always some sort of meat, chicken or roast or minute steak or ham, etc.

As a kid, I grew up not thinking about what I ate.

My grandmother told a story a few times that did stick in my head and still does.
As a child, her family had a cow. It was a long way to school and often she would
ride the cow to school. It wasn't just her, but also her two sisters and a brother.
They all loved the cow and saw the cow as a pet. One day, the cow wasn't there
any more. Their dad had taken it to slaughter. All winter, they ate the cow.

Imagine being hungry, sitting down to eat, and there is your pet on your plate.

Her story didn't really jar me as a kid. She'd tell the story and then smile and we
would laugh.

It wasn't til many years later that story really set into my brain.

Some times you have to do what you have to do to survive. And that is understandable.

In the USA, there is plenty of variety in foods. IF you are in the USA, think what you are
contributing to by eating meat, especially RED meat. Watch the documentary some time
'Cow Nation', I think it is called. You don't have to eat meat, especially red meat. It's a
habit. Perhaps like me, a habit you grew up with, not even thinking about it. Well now
you can think about it. You'll feel better. You'll look better. You may even live longer.
You'll save a piece of the environment.

Elaine LaLane » Post #1

Wed Nov 16, 2016 09:34 in General Talk

Say her name ten times real fast! :lol:

I have a feeling she might live longer than her husband did.

Jack lived to be 96, I think it was.

Jack said if you eat something that taste good, it probably isn't good for you.

I wonder if Jack would have lived into his 90's if he had not been a health/exercise enthusiast?

I tend to think of my grandfather in regards to living a long life. He lived into his 90's and he
ate what he wanted and he never actually 'exercised'. He worked all his life. One thing he
didn't do.....he did not really snack eat. He went to bed usually at the same time every night,
got up at the same time every morning, drank coffee every morning, ate meals at meal times,
and rarely ate what we call snacks. He would usually eat an evening snack that was either a
bowl of corn flakes or a bowl of ice cream. Meals were real meals.....fried chicken, real mashed
potatoes, real gravy, fresh or can/frozen vegetable, peach or apple cobbler made from scratch
with fresh fruits or can peaches, foods like that.

Elaine LaLane is 90 years old. She exercises every day and I guess she still eats the same way
they did when Jack was alive.

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #36

Wed Nov 16, 2016 09:05 in General Talk

Kind of depends on the time of year.

In the winter, I like a good hot soup. I make home made potato soup some times in cold weather
months and like it very well. I make vegetable soup often too.

I guess shrimp is one of my favorite dishes in that I like it most ways. Battered and fried. Steamed
dipped in butter. Coconut batter.

I like potato casserole too that I make. I sliced the potatoes very thin, put in some frozen carrots
and frozen peas, onions, milk, and some times fake meat and then top heavily with shredded cheese.

I like green salads. Cole slaw.

who's up for a live clixsense chatroom? » Post #9

Wed Nov 16, 2016 08:48 in General Talk

In reality, it is not a good idea.

The first problem is, someone would need to monitor it 24/7 so that means around the
clock moderators.

The second problem is, rarely would anyone use it. I know you think they would but
in reality they wouldn't. The thing about a forums is, people come along whenever
they want and post a reply. In a chat room, you may find yourself sitting there alone.

The third problem is, the first place spammers will go every time will be the chat room
to enter links to whatever they are promoting.

I know initially it sounds like a fun idea but believe me, you really do have more
communication by posting on the forum than you would in the type of chat room you
are suggesting.

Keep in mind, ClixSense is an Advertising Program. ClixSense isn't about chat rooms
or even fun. The Forums here are for members to get help. Help about Tasks. Help
about Surveys. Help about Offers. Help about Payments. etc.

Are We for Real » Post #49

Tue Nov 15, 2016 21:17 in General Talk

Do you ever think of who or what may be looking at you?

In other words, just because you don't see anything but air particles, that may not mean
beings are not around you.

What dreams I recall, are dumber than dumb itself.

I guess it is all on how you look at things. Humans could be considered androids or sorts.
We're sort of robotic in many ways. Just because we have some things we call flesh and
blood instead of metal wires, doesn't mean a whole lot when you think about it.

All of us are in a shell. We're like turtles. :lol:

Are We for Real » Post #48

Tue Nov 15, 2016 21:10 in General Talk

@Darkstar2 Drat! I was hoping you wouldn't say that! My shelf life doesn't seem very long
and I am glad there isn't an exact expiration date on it. :shock:

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #56

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: yeah i agree val, sometimes these facts need to be verified b4 ppl get serious and actually fling their beds out.

i think water beds are good but i am too scared to buy one just incase my cat jumps on and ruptures it,,,nightmare come true that is.

No! Waterbeds were and are a bad idea.

Even health care such as hospitals and nursing homes got rid of the ones they had, rather quickly.

At one time, it was thought that patients with skin ulcers (and potential) would benefit greatly from
water beds. It was said it would diminish pressure and thereby prevent skin breakdown and aid
greatly in healing. In reality, the waterbeds became a nightmare very quickly for patient and for
health care workers.

There may be some waterbeds used today in some particular health situations but those would be
upwards in expense of $20,000 on upwards.

I went through the whole waterbed thing when they first became popular. The first one I purchased
did not have baffles. At first it was fun but it truly did not make for a good night sleep. The next
one I bought had baffles. Then I had to move and of course, let the water out and fold up the mattress.
After placing the bed in it's new house, and filling the mattress back with water, the baffles were
floating around and not in place. That was very crazy. Then to top all that off, you have to pour a
purifier into the waterbed frequently....otherwise you will be sleeping on stinky stagnate water. Of
course, you must have a heater to keep the water warm. When the heater goes out, you will absolutely
feel like you have suffered the worst fate in the universe when you wake to ice cold water.....it's like
waking up naked on a glacier.

Are We for Real » Post #45

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 in General Talk

CatMonster wrote: Everyone watch this:

Our tiny World

Yep, I really like that one. He says a mouthful.

Are We for Real » Post #44

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 in General Talk

I like the dark chocolate covered nuts.....and coffee beans too!

Things to Hate » Post #52

Tue Nov 15, 2016 08:10 in General Talk

lotoole wrote: Coffee that is not suitably hot. Suitably hot being almost to the point of boiling.

And.....how is it that people drink coffee out of those HUGE mugs and HUGE cups?

I like an average to small coffee cup. If I pour it into a large cup, I find myself at
the microwave ten times.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #53

Tue Nov 15, 2016 08:05 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: i read somewhere,it could have been a fact but vaguely remember it,,an average a mattress supposed to last a good 10 years and in that time it more or less doubles its weight..... :shock:

bed mites,dust,human skin,god knows what else............that's a double one,single mattress i guess much less

I think that is sort of an Snopes tale. Not true. I don't think a mattress of any age
could double in weight unless it was in the elements getting soaked with rain, mildew, etc.

I've never had a bed bug problem. I was thinking about when I was a kid and my grandmother
had a couple of old feather beds that her mother made when she was a kid. My older sister and
I loved to sleep on those. That is probably all they were good for, kids and young people. I am
not sure what the feathers were. I suspect chicken feathers but I really don't know. Never had
a bed bug bite that I am aware of.

Bed bugs do seem to be more discussed today and that could just be due to marketing efforts
to make sales.

Personally, I think a good mattress should last a life time or at least half a life time.

Probably places like hotels and motels have more of a bed bug issue. Especially the lower less
efficient hotels and motels.

Here is an article about mattresses/bed bugs:
Meet the critters inside your mattress - CNN.com

Are We for Real » Post #38

Tue Nov 15, 2016 07:46 in General Talk

Maybe it goes something like this....

John says to Sam, there is few people left on the planet and everything is being destroyed
by those robots and the south park boys. Lets fly back in time and change this stuff.

Sam says to John, if we do that, we'll need to be careful not to change much, otherwise
we could blow the entire earth up.

John says to Sam, you're right. I have an idea. Let's write some books and scrolls and
stuff and leave them where people can find them. We'll tell them they must be kind to
one another.

Sam says to John, ok. Well, we need to give them a reason to be kind to one another.
I know. Let's create a super higher power. If they abide by the rules we leave, they
will get rewarded for eternity and if they don't they will burn for eternity.

John says to Sam, good idea. Let's get to work writing the books. We'll throw in some
thee's and thou's and backwards writing to make it really look authentic and get them
scratching their heads.

Same says to John, Ha Ha, Ok.

The books are written......

Sam says to John, glad we're done. Let's get out 'to the past' suits on. Here we
go.......hey, by the way......let's create some weird stuff just for fun......we'll call
weird names too like 'pyramids'.

-----------

HELP! Too much ClixSense forum for me at 6 in the morn!

Buon giorno a tutto il gruppo di Clixsense » Post #4

Tue Nov 15, 2016 07:32 in General Talk

I think I can help.

Goo Goo ga ga la te da.

Errrrr Ma Ma da da cu ma tally vu

aaaa beeee seee deee eeee fffffff geeee

Can't blame a gal for trying.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #51

Tue Nov 15, 2016 07:28 in General Talk

STOP THAT!

Ohhhhhh Ouch! Stop! Get back, leave me alone! Slap!

Whew! I feel better now. The life forms on my face were fighting again. I threatened them
with soap and hot water......they hate that.

Things to Hate » Post #49

Mon Nov 14, 2016 23:52 in General Talk

What I did today.....

I hate when I make out a list of things not to forget when I go to the store.

I went to the store today and I forgot my list of things not to forget.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #43

Mon Nov 14, 2016 08:28 in General Talk

By the way, my dog is in my Will. :puppy: :thumbup:

I hope to outlive my dog but should that not happen, I do not want my dog to be taken to a
shelter or worse. So I made some requirements in order for my family to receive my estate.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #42

Mon Nov 14, 2016 08:24 in General Talk

I really must remember the next time I drive in Memphis, to be awake. Drat!

Are We for Real » Post #32

Mon Nov 14, 2016 08:13 in General Talk

Have you thought about how things are baffling until we uncover the baffle? :lol:

Look at Easter Island, as an example. For many years people were amazed at the
statues in wonder how in the world could they get those huge boulders in place and
lined up? Also, what happen to the people on Easter Island? Where did they go?
It was very baffling.

In fact, it was very simple how they moved the boulders. All they did was rock
them. Or at least, in real life experiment, it was easily done. Have you ever
moved a heavy piece of furniture by yourself? What do you do? Some times you
push one corner forward a bit and then you push the other side corner a bit and
you keep doing that until you have that heavy piece of furniture where you want
it.

The people on Easter Island probably starved themselves to death with their
religion in making those statues. They had to cut down trees to use as a
means to roll the boulders and perhaps use as a lever too. Once they carved
the boulder into a statue, they probably rolled and swayed back and forth the
statue into place. The trees were their main and perhaps only source of shelter,
food, etc. When there are trees, there are birds and other creatures, not to
mention fruit such as coconut. They had birds, eggs, fruit, etc.....all due to the
trees. BUT they used up all the trees and therefore diminished their shelter,
food supply, etc.

Some times things seem impossible until we realize the possibilities.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 15, 2019 15:00:54 EST