Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #16

Mon Nov 21, 2016 09:44 in General Talk

I have three outside cats. I have a home made heavy duty cat house.

The cat house is really heavy and I keep it sitting on work benches....oh what are they called.....
horses.......work horses? It's two heavy duty solid plastic work horses. The cat house actually
fits perfectly on those. It keeps it off the ground/concrete and therefore stays warmer. There
is a divider inside the middle so that the cats can sleep on either side....actually two full grown
cats are very comfortable on either side but one is a male cat and tends to fight with one of the
female cats...I don't know why because they are all 'fixed'.

Inside the cat house I have heating pads and straw. The heating pads, believe it or not, seem
to last forever. I turn the heating pads on when it gets down below freezing....like in the upper
20's or lower.

The top of the cat house opens back by hinges. It makes easy for me to open it, change the
straw, etc.

My ex-husband made it and he even went so far as to place vinyl siding on it.

My point is, if you ever need something like a cat house, DON'T buy one because you'll spend
a lot and not have anything but cold plastic. Even a woman can buy the wood, even have it
cut first, nail it together, put heating pad and straw inside. Very inexpensive to make.

The one my ex made is very heavy as he made it out of some left over pre-flooring ....I forget
what that stuff is called but it's what people put down in their new house for the floor...like a
heavy duty pressed board.

It also keeps the cats safe from potential predators like wild dogs because the dogs can't climb
up there.

What is the best invention EVER! » Post #27

Mon Nov 21, 2016 08:34 in General Talk

I'd like to of invented velcro. I'd be worth millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of dollars.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #88

Mon Nov 21, 2016 08:28 in General Talk

I don't think people have too much a problem with static clean any more since the
invention of dryer sheets. You can also take dryer sheets with you and rub it on
your clothing if need be.

You might want to look up 'dryer sheets' for your website. There is tons of uses
for them. I hang them up high on my balcony in the summer to help keep flying
insects away. Used dryer sheets are used by some people on their duster/swifter
mops to dust their floors.

In the old days, we used hair spray to prevent static clean. We'd spray a very light
amount on our stockings and or under clothing, primarily, to prevent our dress from
sucking to us due to static.

Ugh! Winter has arrived :( » Post #3

Sun Nov 20, 2016 16:39 in General Talk

It was something like 81 yesterday but the temp dropped last night and cold today.

We need rain here. We're in a dangerous drought.

If i had a time machine......... » Post #10

Sun Nov 20, 2016 16:37 in General Talk

Difficult to say, fun to think about.

Maybe the first step would be to zoom a ways into the future to see what I am dying of.
Then I can zoom back in the past and correct whatever it was that was killing me.

Whatever you do, don't eat the yellow snow!

don't eat the yellow snow and nanook rubs it - YouTube

who's up for a live clixsense chatroom? » Post #17

Sun Nov 20, 2016 16:23 in General Talk

I'd rather spend the night in a haunted house and eat sugar free chocolate covered bugs for a month
than moderate a chat room.

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #147

Sun Nov 20, 2016 09:57 in General Talk

Many of us do stupid things when we are young. We think we know so much but
in reality, we have barely begun to live and we don't know jack.

Just like most everything else, there are people that are more susceptible to some things than other things.
In other words, some people become addicted to things more so than others. I kind of equate it to 'sugar'.
It's easy for some people to give up sugar and for others almost an impossibility.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #80

Sun Nov 20, 2016 08:36 in General Talk

I can't even say the longest word one time, CatMonster. :shock:

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #140

Sun Nov 20, 2016 08:32 in General Talk

FYI

Well I am going to say this just because I feel I must. Someone might come along and read it
and decide to change their ways.

I had a half brother.....notice I said 'had' that got into drugs heavily. He was young and not
married for long but long enough to have two children, a girl and a boy. They were not even
school age when he died. His wife found him in the bathtub, dead. He had over dosed.

I had a half sister that was an alcoholic. Notice I said 'had'. She was highly intelligent but
wild as a loon. One of those people that never meets a stranger, very outgoing. Very much
like her brother as they were both extremely likable and kind people. Her and her boyfriend
decided to tie the knot. They were drunk and on their way to get married. She was driving.
Fortunately the truck did not run into another vehicle. She simply lost control and was thrown
from the vehicle and died immediately on impact. Her boyfriend, did not even get a scratch.

Both of them made their life primarily about substance abuse and it killed them.

Think about my families loss, the next time you decide to take a drink and drive.
Think about my families loss, the next time you decide to do drugs.
Because it could be YOUR families loss too.

Everyone seems to think it only happens to other people. However, almost everyone I
meet, has someone in their family that lost their life due to drugs or alcohol. So no matter
how funny the movies are with drunk people in them or druggies in them, remember, not
being in control of your senses, is never a good thing and in reality brings out your
stupidity.

What is the best invention EVER! » Post #24

Sat Nov 19, 2016 22:48 in General Talk

I guess that is good a reason as any to adopt a baby.

What is the best invention EVER! » Post #21

Sat Nov 19, 2016 15:52 in General Talk

Probably a better question might be to 'list the best that is the worst invention?'

If that was the question I can think of a lot of things which is almost everything.

Motor Vehicles. These are the best inventions but have become the worst invention. More people die in
vehicle accidents then in war. People fight over oil. They are very costly and for most people a car will
be their second most expensive purchase in their life (first being a house). The vehicle gets people where
they need to go quickly and is a great source for transporting foods and various goods. They are also
great for polluting the air. A whole bunch of them that are wrecked, is an eye sore in yards, junk yards, etc.
They have created jobs for millions of people over the years and they have also created unemployment for
millions of people. It's a great way to spend lots of money. It's also a great way to spend a lot of money
on a very regular basis for gasoline, tires, inspections, insurance, and more.

I think the best thing is all the stuff we have today but the worst thing is all the stuff we have today.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #74

Sat Nov 19, 2016 15:42 in General Talk

Alaskan Joe:

There is an abundance of snow in town this year. According to the Alaskan local board members,
we are to run the one local snow plow down main street when the snow is above 6 inches. Do
you agree?

Mayor Kitty Kat: Meow

Alaskan Joe:

The Inuits are restless this year due to the lack of whale blubber wash up. Can we donate some
of the local Crisco cooking oil?

Alaskan Joe:

There's a lack of pencils this year at the grade school. Should we place an order?

Alaskan Joe: The Tuna Feast will be held on the same date this year as last year. Are you in
agreement?

Mayor Kitty Kat: MEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Alaskan Joe: Thank you Mayor, see you next week.

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #128

Sat Nov 19, 2016 15:34 in General Talk

I make a fruit salad often but especially at holidays. It is rather common now but my
grandmother made it when I was growing up so I carried on the tradition you could say.
It's made a variety of ways.

Crushed pineapple, fruit cocktail (mixture of fruit), small curd cottage cheese, cool whip,
and a package of dry orange jello powder. That's pretty much the basic way. I put other
stuff in it such as a jar of cherries, small color marshmallows, pecan pieces, coconut, and
switch up using jello flavors such as green pistachio.

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #68

Sat Nov 19, 2016 09:54 in General Talk

pindokhan123 wrote: thats funny lol...valerie did you find your ex very emotional and would make drastic decisions without thinking?

i tend to follow my heart more ,,i have made crappy decisions and i guess i still do sometimes..im very temperamental too,also i find left handed ppl are slightly gullible,vulnerable and can be fooled easily hmmm :shock:

No. He is highly intelligent. Too intelligent in my opinion. Book smart. One of those guys
that never had to study anything in his life. Tell him something and he remembers it. Read
something, he remembers it. He was tall, dark, handsome and a farmers son. His mother
full blooded Italian. He is the second oldest child, and oldest boy, of ten children. A guy
everyone likes as soon as they meet him......especially the women. :roll:

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #112

Sat Nov 19, 2016 09:44 in General Talk

Jack Daniel's - Made in Lynchburg TN
George Dickel - Made in Tullahoma TN

Whisky, heals what ails ya. Beer = Barf

:lol:

What is the best invention EVER! » Post #16

Sat Nov 19, 2016 09:37 in General Talk

Coffee Brewer machines

My new page of cool and weird facts,,,n etc etc » Post #65

Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:00 in General Talk

Pres Obama is left handed

My ex husband is left handed

I am right handed but write left handed with my right hand. My writing is horrible. No one
can read my writing. No one can imitate it. I can't even read my writing.

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #104

Fri Nov 18, 2016 14:56 in General Talk

I have never ate humous sounds like it would taste like barf.

I hate olives. Olives taste like baby barf.

I don't like beer. Beer taste like fermented barf.

Grape vines are for swinging. Grape vine leaf probably taste like slime barf.

Do you see familiar faces/names in other forums? » Post #12

Thu Nov 17, 2016 16:45 in General Talk

Reminds me of the time when I was in 6th grade and had a crush on a little boy
that wore what appeared to be soda pop bottle bottoms for glasses, had a ton
of freckles that I was just dying to play connect the dots, had the shiniest braces
I ever saw, his hair was so black it glistened like ice, and he always carried a little
brief case. Ya, a little brief case.

On Valentine's Day I gave him 3 cards instead of 1 and I even put a little candy
sweetheart in the paper bag that hung on his chair.

Jewish boy. I was totally in love when he explained in front of the class his family
celebrated something called Hanukah.

Come Spring when school was almost out for the summer season, as I walked home
I would pick buttercups and pull the petals.......

he loves me
he loves me not
he loves me
he loves me not

Every time I ended on 'he loves me not' I'd either pick another flower or rip that
last petal in two.

And then it happen......Spring Dance! Some how, we managed to dance one of the
last dances together. He ask me to dance.....and we danced to 'Hang on Sloopy'.

After the dance was over and everyone left the building, as I walked down the steps,
I turned around and saw him smiling, he waved and I waved back. That was the last
time I saw him.

Only a few years ago, due to friends on Facebook, I heard that he is very wealthy,
travels a lot, and ALWAYS carries a briefcase! :mrgreen:

whats your favourite food/dish? » Post #79

Thu Nov 17, 2016 14:34 in General Talk

It is pretty sad when you can buy a hamburger sandwich for less than you can buy a tomato.

Seriously.

I just went to the Walmart for groceries a couple of days ago. Here is some prices on my tickets:

Eggs 18 count $1.14 (this is a very good price but earlier in the summer they were as low as $0.68 and come winter, they will probably go up above $3.00.

Tomato (I bought two) and they were $1.16 pound and my total for 2 was $2.30.

Onions I bought 1 large yellow onion and they were $1.00 per pound. My cost was $0.98.

Sweet Potato They were large so I bought ONE sweet potato. It was $1.99 pound and my cost was $1.75.

My point is, you can go to McDonalds or probably Wendy's and get a hamburger for a dollar or not much more than a dollar. BUT you can't go to the grocery and buy one friggin sweet potato for that amount.

And it is this type of pricing and mentality that has made half the people in America OBESE.

So you folks in other counties that don't eat like fat pigs, please do give a little sentiment to fat people
in America. A lot of it really is based on the FOOD industry. Not all but a lot.

In reality, people do not need a lot of food to be healthy and alive. If you don't have food or water,
you'll die of thirst long before you die of starvation.

A good idea for those wanting to change their eating habits and cut out the meat, is keep a notebook
handy. Write down the healthy foods you like. Every time you eat a tasty casserole or whatever it
may be, that does not have meat in it and is basically healthy for you, write it down. It won't take
you long to fill your notebook with lots of great tasty foods, meals, etc. You'll find out very quickly
that you won't really miss eating all that meat. And as I stated, if you want to start some where,
start by cutting out the RED meat. Eat birds and fish if you're wanting something fleshy.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 17, 2019 04:07:25 EST