Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

New Year Resolution ? » Post #11

Wed Nov 30, 2016 15:00 in General Talk

To stop smoking you need to take the patch and you need to stay away from people that smoke.

The best way to quit, is truly to just do it, cold turkey but with the help of the patch.

Most people won't quit when they try and reduce their intake. For example I remember many
times in the past telling myself, I will only smoke outside, I will not smoke when driving, I will
not smoke while eating......I really loved to smoke while I ate.

I was only fooling myself. So don't fool yourself. Realize what an awful death lung cancer is.
I am telling you, it is a horrible way to die.

What Do You Expect in Y2017? » Post #23

Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:55 in General Talk

I think some times 'Micshad' we miss what we no longer have. If you had it, you'd probably
be wishing you had that permanent vacation.

Maybe you could do some volunteer work.

Think about adopting a rescued dog for XMAS » Post #11

Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:44 in General Talk

No, couldn't been me.

My dog doesn't go woaf woaf. He goes snort snort. He sounds like a little pig.

Think about adopting a rescued dog for XMAS » Post #9

Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:28 in General Talk

Ya, we've got to eradicate the puppy mills. It is extremely important NOT to buy from breeders
and NOT to buy from pet shops and NOT to buy from pet stores.....in regards to purchasing animals...
don't do it!

Also, be very careful about purchasing an animal online!

Go to your local animal shelters.

My little dog is a Maltese and he did come by way of a breeder but I did not purchase from a
breeder. I found two ads online by the same woman, that had a male maltese for sale that was
about six months old. It just so happen, the woman lives in my area only about 15 miles away
from me. So I called and spoke to her. She told me all about Bo and she wanted $450 dollars
for him. I set up time and went to her house. I can hear Bo barking as I knocked on the door. :lol:

The woman had bought Bo from a breeder and paid $450 for him. Bo was 6 months old and weighed
4.5 pounds. I knew I wanted him immediately. She said she bought Bo and really thought Bo
was sweet but they did not have time for him. She accepted $400 and I had her husband make
me a receipt (VERY IMPORTANT-GET A RECEIPT). I had all the information and checked out every
thing for facts BEFORE I went to buy him.

Bo did not seem the least bit disappointed, sad, or anything when I swooped him up. He was and
is a very happy dog. He is now three years old and weighs just under 7 pounds. He is so much
fun and keeps me smiling every day.

Clixsense should stop changing sponsors » Post #9

Wed Nov 30, 2016 14:15 in General Talk

Well you know, ClixSense can be a little time consuming IF you are really interested in
making as much money here as you can. A member could easily spend the entire day
and night here, viewing ads, surveys, tasks, etc. The good part about it is, if you do
need some extra money, it is here if you are willing to work for it.

But yeah, I think a big part of it is, people have work and families offline to attend to.
You know, if you work 8 or more hours a day, have family, household to care for, you
don't really have much time to do much online other than send emails to your mom
or some such as that.

I truly believe that is the largest issue people have, time.

Sure there are lazy people but I don't think that is it. When you work a regular offline
job, you don't have much time for stuff online. Also, if you are rather young and work
offline, your weekends or days off are probably spent going to parties, offline social,
taking the kids to the pool, ballgames, etc, etc, etc.

The people that do well in this industry is usually the desperate people. I mean that in
a good way. They have a certain 'desperation' aspect to their personality. That might
be they are desperate to make money because they are out of a job offline. It could be
they are desperate to make money online because they don't want to work offline. It
could be they are college kids that are desperate for spending money.

That is why I say when you are promoting to people out there, you really need to focus
your targeting to what people really want, not just anyone and everyone that comes along.
Otherwise, people just come along and join and often don't do anything or check it out
enough to click on a few ads for a day or two.

So forget the so called 'numbers game' because that is bull. You have to think about
YOU and why YOU work this site. Then relate that information to like minded people
by targeting those that are like you.

I am from Tewkesbury England » Post #7

Wed Nov 30, 2016 13:59 in General Talk

Well, after looking at the town, I do come more to realize how my name, may have come to be.
Looks like a lovely place but appears they had a bad flood in 2007.

There is even a bed n breakfast that I guess is there or nearby and it's called the Underhill House bed and breakfast....and get this......it's on 'Hill' road!
Address: 4 Hill Rd, Dursley GL11 4JQ, UK

Fun and interesting stuff when you find your roots.

I am from Tewkesbury England » Post #6

Wed Nov 30, 2016 13:43 in General Talk

BouldRake wrote: I know that place. It's in Gloucestershire where the River Avon meets the other river I can't think of the name of off the top of my head.

My step-father comes from round there.

Maybe we are cousins! Long lost cousins! :o

I have known for some time that at least part of me descended from the English.
It's interesting to have some confirmation of a location.

I will google it.

Clixsense should stop changing sponsors » Post #5

Wed Nov 30, 2016 09:25 in General Talk

udaikumar26 wrote: Thanks for the explanation.

So what may be the reason for my recent referrals and active clickers going inactive?

What is your reason for going inactive in programs you have joined in which you are no longer active?

Usually, if a member is inactive, the member was never active to begin with.
If you look through each of your referrals, you may find that to be true.

However, there is a lot of reasons why someone may have been active and is no longer.
You would really need to ask that person to know for sure.

I am from Tewkesbury England » Post #1

Wed Nov 30, 2016 09:18 in General Talk

Well, I am not. I don't even know where that is and have never heard of it before.

I was recently in touch with a relative that traced us back to 15th century Tewkesbury England.

I'll have to google that some time and see what that area looks like.

I also found that my great great grandmother was half Cherokee. I suppose my folks came
over on the ship from England and began having affairs with the Cherokee. :?

Clixsense should stop changing sponsors » Post #2

Wed Nov 30, 2016 01:03 in General Talk

They don't.

There is only specific incidents in which a member may change a sponsor.....such as
sponsor being deceased.

Members cannot change sponsors on the fly. Just like members cannot cancel their
membership. If a member is not active for 90 days, their account goes inactive but
it is not deleted. Very smart idea actually because they cannot legally enroll again
since they still have an account.

As I stated above, there may be special circumstances when a member may change
sponsors and must be approved by the admin only.

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #11

Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:35 in General Talk

BouldRake wrote: Christmas gifts I have given include a Pot Noodle and a Turnip, a slice of burnt toast, a wee (actually lemon juice, but she still thinks it was wee - she wanted a Wii), and a jar of mini pickled onions (minions...mini-onions).

These are the presents everyone remembers for years. Nobody remembers the Christmas list other than the biggest presents even six months later.

Funny stuff. :lol:

You do have a point. I can recall a few things I received at Christmas as a kid but even as an adult,
I don't remember much unless it is something from my kids and grandkids. I think people tend to
remember the things that are truly important or have some sort of special attachment. Just like a
family gathering. I am going to remember the family gathering and conversations more so than a
present under a tree.

New Year Resolution ? » Post #3

Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:26 in General Talk

1. To stop eating after 7 pm at night

2. To take my dog for a walk at least every other day

3. To take myself for a walk every day

4. To try and be nicer to members on the forum (this will be very tough since I am meaner than a hornet)

5. To dust something every day. I think one day I will dust in the bedroom. Another day I will dust in the living room. Etc.

6. To place ointment on my feet before bed, every night

7. To cut back on eating eggs

8. To learn yoga

9. To dance to a stupid youtube dance video, once a day

10. To not post my New Years Resolutions

I am very careful » Post #21

Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:13 in General Talk

Most anyone can be a member here no matter how many full time jobs they have.

Before I lock this topic, I will say the words I hate to hear 'to be clear'.....

To be clear, as far as I know, there is not any 'reprimands' in these forums.

What we do have in these forums, is a notification system that will warn members
of rules not being followed.

I submitted a 'warning' notification to you 'mappo710' due to numerous complaints
and some 'put down's' that I witnessed from your posts.

Everyone should read the forum rules and try to abide by them. If members do not
abide by them, there is moderators to remind them. It's not a reprimand, it's a
warning that is a notification to remind members of the forum rules.

Topic Locked

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #9

Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:09 in General Talk

Some times it seems like there was a lot less to buy in the 60's compared to now.
I'm probably wrong about that and it probably seems that way to me now since I am no longer a kid.
Also, probably seems that way to me due to all the various kitchen gadgets and stuff for people other than kids, today.

Yeah, I think most everyone, even adults, got winter wear at Christmas time.
School coat and/or Church coat, gloves, sweaters, boots, ear muffs, etc. Ice
Skates was always a big seller, I am sure. Bikes, but for me, that was something
I got for my birthday, not Christmas.

Games were always a very big seller but that was something I never got unless
I bought it myself. I wasn't allowed to have playing cards or dice. So anything
that had cards or dice with it, I did not get at Christmas......although there were
games and cards I would sneak and buy on my own.

I always got dolls at Christmas. It was the barbs doll era. I remember wanting
the barbie that had hair that would grow and I got it one year at Christmas. She
had a hole in the top of her head and to make her hair grow, I would simply pull
it out of her head. :lol:

One year an uncle married and my new aunt got me one of the Christmas gifts
that I will never forget. I was surprised I got a gift from her, for starters so that
may be one reason why I remember it. Another reason I may remember it is
because it was the big snow year that made history in Chicago land..... 1967.
It was an entire set of 'Love's Soft Lemon'. Someone, 'Twiggy' or maybe it was
'Marianne Faithful' advertised that cologne, and it was glorious to me. I think
some times it can found for sale on Amazon but people complain it doesn't have
the same aroma.

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #7

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:45 in General Talk

Gawd I hated saddle shoes. Tossed them in the ally one year and told my family
someone stole them during gym class. :lol:

Another 2 Kittens killed by Street Dogs... » Post #11

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:23 in General Talk

A shotgun shot in the air, is enough to keep them away, period!

When you see them again, shoot in the air above their heads. They won't come back.

Surveys not available » Post #2

Mon Nov 28, 2016 23:30 in General Talk

And how do you propose they do that?

ClixSense does not own survey companies.

Advertisers purchase surveys and target countries, etc.

You would need to talk to advertisers in your country and tell them to buy surveys advertising.

Think about adopting a rescued dog for XMAS » Post #3

Mon Nov 28, 2016 18:45 in General Talk

1. Only adopt if you truly understand it is going to be your FOREVER pet because you are giving it
a FOREVER HOME.

2. Please don't go to a breeder. Go to your local shelters. If they don't have the pet you are seeking,
tell them and they will locate one for you.

My Letter To Santa » Post #59

Mon Nov 28, 2016 16:36 in General Talk

I sort of wonder what tasman1 wife thinks about when she turns over in the bed and looks at him.

Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? - YouTube

YAY! My end of the Christmas shopping is DONE » Post #2

Mon Nov 28, 2016 15:09 in General Talk

I am not making this up when I say this, for me, there really isn't anything I want but something
to eat. :lol:

Everyone knows, or at least everyone my age knows, Christmas is nothing like it use to be.

When I was a kid, I did get several Christmas presents. Although I did get some toys, I got
things that were needed any way.....a winter coat, warm pajama's, Sunday dress for church,
school or Sunday shoes.

I remember in 3rd grade at school after Christmas, the teacher said 'lets go around the room
and find out what everyone got for Christmas'. It was so exciting to tell everyone what you got.
What I remember about that was kids stating similar to the following (keep in mind, I lived in
Chicago land) :

-Saddle Shoes
-Sunday Shoes
-Barbie Doll and Boots
-Coat and Muffins
-Ear Muffs
-Jaxs and Marbles
-Hollywood Bed
-Transistor Radio
-Skate board
-Roller skates
-Ice skates
-Paper Dolls
-Comic Books
-Dress
-Pants

In other words, kids back then, at least where I lived and in my day, we had a nice little amount of
presents to open but they were simple things and they were things that we actually needed and/or
really uses often for years. Those things did cost money of course and people did not make as much
money then but lets face it, a new warm coat for a ten year old kid, was about $10 or $20. Nothing
cost much more than that in the clothing and shoe line. Toys, not much different. You could get a
Mr Potato Head for a couple bucks. Skate boards were very standard and a hot new item but we had
a blast with them and I am sure they were less than $10.

Today, kids want $500 game machines, computers, tablets, games, expensive clothes, etc. :mrgreen:
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 16, 2019 13:11:11 EST