Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by valerie

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by valerie

What music/song are you listening now? » Post #142

Yesterday, 14:46 in General Talk

Prime Deal Days » Post #47

Yesterday, 14:35 in General Talk

Well, I think what happen is that there is 4 Jumanji's.

But the 'Space Adventure' may not be a common recognition since it is different from the others.

You know, 'Jumanji' is a game. In the movie Zathura, they pull out a game 'Zathura'. 2005 release date.
Zathura: A Space Adventure - YouTube

Lets see: Director
Jon Favreau
Producers
William Teitler
Scott Kroopf
Writers
John Kamps
David Koepp
-----------------------

Jumanji a 1995 release date with Robin Williams
Jumanji - YouTube

Director
Joe Johnston
Producers
Scott Kroopf
William Teitler
Writers
Jonathan Hensleigh
Greg Taylor
Jim Strain
-----------------------

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle. 2017 release date
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) - Choose Your Character Scene (1/10) | Movieclips - YouTube

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart
Screewriter: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Jeff Pinkner, Scott Rosenberg
Director: Jake Kasdan

----------------

Jumanji The Next Level. 2019 release date
Jumanji: The Next Level - YouTube

Director
Jake Kasdan
Producers
Hiram Garcia
Dwayne Johnson
Dany Garcia
Jake Kasdan
Matt Tolmach
Writers
Scott Rosenberg
Jake Kasdan
Jeff Pinkner

-------------------

The only one I have not watched yet is the last one 2019 release.
But you can see that the 'Space Adventure' is by the Jumanji people.

Quality score -35 » Post #20

Yesterday, 14:14 in General Talk

dutch1898 wrote: Just noticed it went from -78 to - 39 overnight. And peanut lab has opened my account.
Things are looking up. :lol:

Hilarious! :lol:

Bit over 60 day » Post #18

Yesterday, 12:32 in General Talk

Remember when someone wanted to use 'alternative words' for politics and religion?

So WHAT IS politics really? Isn't that what first needs to be addressed?

Politics = Political Science

Political Science = is a social study concerning the allocation and transfer of power in decision making, the roles and systems of governance including governments and international organizations, political behaviour and public policies.

Therefore, according to tasman1, this topic should be locked since he is referring to politics himself.

Bit over 60 day » Post #14

Yesterday, 06:19 in General Talk

You know what tasman1, you are only hurting yourself and to be a professed man
of almost 70 years of age, it is very strange you are acting this way.

Point 1: Signature: This is something that was totally out of place and absolutely made no sense at all. For starters, your user name is right there under your avatar. Secondly, your user name is already listed in the topic.

Point 2: Favortism: This is not grade school. I don't show favoritism here and members should not expect it. You are not allowed to place your user name in the topic title and NO ONE ELSE is either!

Point 3: No One Cares: Seriously, who do you think you are hurting by acting out? The answer is, yourself. If you don't want to post simply because you can't have your way, who are you hurting? I don't care if you post or not and no one else does either. Who are you hurting if you don't do surveys here? No one but yourself.

Point 4: Darkstar2 does have a POINT. When I am gone, there most likely won't be a forum here any more and IF there is, I have a strong feeling it won't be anything like it is now. Unlike CS, they send emails and they have a blog. So your ridiculous so called '60 days to freedom' most likely will never happen. And you know what, it's not the least bit funny.

Prime Deal Days » Post #45

Yesterday, 06:02 in General Talk

Jumanji Zathura: A Space Adventure

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Jumanji: The Next Level

I saw the first two but not the third one. :geek:

It is confusing.

Prime Deal Days » Post #43

Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:20 in General Talk

I saw the old and then I saw the new, but I have not seen the new two. :D
I don't remember much about the old. The new one was good, funny. Its free now
on Prime. Not the sequel, have not watched it yet, will wait until it is free.

I watched 'Serenity' (2019) today. It was something like 7 or more bucks but it is
free on Prime now. It has the top actors. Kind of weird movie. Not great but
different.
Serenity - Official Trailer - YouTube

Phone and internet service on the moon! » Post #7

Mon Oct 19, 2020 08:38 in General Talk

Bonjour!

Oh yee of little moon faith. No one cares if the moon is a planet or a big pizza pie.

tippeee tipeee tayyyy

Dean Martin - That's Amore - YouTube

Black Friday begins Nov 4 at WM » Post #1

Mon Oct 19, 2020 07:07 in General Talk

Many stores online and offline are doing things very different this year due to the pandemic.

Walmart announced their ads today. Some of their deals being Nov 4th and across several
days online and offline.

Have you heard of any good Black Friday deals? What about stores, online and offline, are
they having deals much earlier this year? Is there any items in particular you are keeping
an eye out for?

Prime Deal Days » Post #41

Sun Oct 18, 2020 20:49 in General Talk

I saw Jumanji the old and the new but not the second new one.

You might want to look on Prime and see if you can get the series 'The Loudest Voice'.
It's a ShowTime series It's free only until Nov 1st. I watched the entire 7 episodes
today and it is only a one time series. It did a pretty good job I thought of showing
the good, the bad, and the ugly of Roger Ailes (Russel Crowe).
Watch The Loudest Voice, Season 1 | Prime Video

Phone and internet service on the moon! » Post #4

Sun Oct 18, 2020 20:43 in General Talk

Yep, I own a plot or an acre that I got for free about 20 years ago.
More recently I have received at least two emails of free moon land.
I don't remember anything about my moon land. I think I had some kind
of number to identify my acreage/plot.

One never knows. One day, people may be living on the moon and wishing
they had bought land there when it was just $20 bucks:
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/sale-real-estate-moon/story?id=19068377

If you do a search on google, you might find it for free. Don't pay for it because
seriously they do give it away.

Well, Frank Sinatra can't fly you to the moon but you can pretend:

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #20

Sun Oct 18, 2020 20:32 in General Talk

China no longer has the one child rule. Only in recent years after seeing their huge mistake
they changed it to a two child rule. You see, with a one child rule, there was also the issue
of that one child not outliving their parents. Of course, a lot of issues in a one child rule and
the main thing is, old people left to fend for themselves. Now altho the idea was not bad, they
did not think well enough on it. I say, they are not going to resolve much with their two child
rule, either.

Well, my first husband is Italian and raised catholic. He is one of ten children. Yes, I said ten.
A family of 12. He is the oldest son and second oldest child. He has a sister that is a couple
of years older. Believe it or not, it was for the most part, a very loving happy family. His parents
have been gone for some years now and all the ten children are grown and most have children
and even grand children and great grand children. My children are from him, my first husband.

All my children are great. None of them are drug abusers or any of that. My oldest child is a
work at home medical transcriptionist and she actually manages other work at home med
transcriptionist. My second child is a speech therapist for a school system. My third child is
my son and he has worked for a manufacturing company for a long time.

Still, today, one really has to look further than the rhythm method. For some women, it may
work well and for others, not so well. In my opinion, the rhythm method is of course a form
of birth control so why should scientific birth control be a no no?! That's the way I look at it.

Although you don't hear much about it, the Bible has several references stating 'better not to
marry'. No, it is not a sin to not marry. The sin comes in if you are not married and give way
to temptation. There's a lot of people that don't marry. Monks. Pope. Nuns. Priests. etc.

Phone and internet service on the moon! » Post #2

Sun Oct 18, 2020 16:41 in General Talk

Do you mean to tell me you do not own land on the moon?

Get it while it's free! I was given land on the moon years ago. I am prepared.

You see that is why we have the pandemic. We wear masks in preparation for moon walking.
Oh yes, people do not know that but it is obvious to me. We wear our masks now on earth,
for practice.

Haven't you noticed some people wearing those big heavy black Munster shoes? Well there
you have it! Another form of practice.

Everyone, listen carefully. Go buy your Munster shoes and Masks. Practice daily walking and
talking with your new gear on. Don't forget, sign up for a free plot of land on the moon. Do
that and you will be.....a......step ahead.

Prime Deal Days » Post #39

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 in General Talk

HaHa! Yep, I have watched it years ago.
The Lawnmower Man: Collectors Edition (1992) - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

I don't remember much about it but I do remember it.

Prime Deal Days » Post #38

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:19 in General Talk

Now I don't know if I have watched the lawnmower man or not.
Reading the info, it almost sounds that I haven't. But...now get
this.....it is NOT available for free to my location. :roll:

I noticed there is a sequel.

Anyway, I am not sure if I have watched it or not. I do remember
watching one that was based on the man being a killer.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #17

Sun Oct 18, 2020 07:42 in General Talk

That's what happen in China. China's over population led to the law of having one child only.
If you had more than one child, you suffered great penalties. People wanted a boy to carry on
their name so if it was a girl, problem one sufficed. They'd leave girl babies on the street, give
the girl babies away. It also created an over populated foster/adoption homes. Then many years
later, the parents got old and did not have children to help take care of them. You know in China
the old is generally very referenced by their children.

We can see what China did, did not solve the over population problem.

The big issue in places like Kenya, is lack of education and rape. I think it is Africa that has the
highest rape conviction. I was thinking awhile back it was India but it is not. It is Africa. Half
their prison population is in for rape.

There are religions that are taught to go forth and populate the world.

In the doc about Kenya, what has happened is the animals that once grazed the land, have now
been pushed further and further up the mountains to the Chyulu Hills. The people continue to
populate and take over the land. At the rate they are going, which is very fast, it won't be long
and there will not be animals there at all.

Prime Deal Days » Post #37

Sun Oct 18, 2020 07:27 in General Talk

I think I saw the Lawnmower Man years ago. In fact, I want to think there was a
sequel movie. I can't really remember it other than I think the lawnmower man
was perhaps possess and killing people with his lawnmower. haha! Guess I will
have to watch it and refresh my memory.

Prime Deal Days » Post #36

Sun Oct 18, 2020 07:25 in General Talk

It gets confusing. :lol:

Another surprise was in fact when the black man told the investor that the body switch
was not just an action that is one sided. That both people would be active. Before that
stage in the movie, people just assumed it was the investor looking like the homeless
guy. It gets that part confusing when it comes down to the homeless woman.

We're forgetting about the young homeless MAN too. He went to jail confessing he did NOT
kill the homeless woman. So I'd say it was the crazy computer guy that did it and that the
black man filmed it. BUT it really does make it appear the homeless man did it....a screw
up in the movie here, I think.

When the investor guy first sat in the chair, after the injection, they must have brought in
the homeless man to another chair. They switched bodies. So it's here that it really should
have been the homeless man that was guilty of killing her. In a way, that part seemed to be
a bit of a screw up. The investor guy would always look in the mirror and it would show him
as the homeless man (at that early stage). It almost appears that the homeless man really
was the one that killed her. I think they screwed up that stage in the movie.

I kind of liked the ending. The parents would have saw their daughters body and assumed
she was murdered.

The wife had poor acting skills. She wanted to be an actress but mostly could not cut the grade.
Now that she was actually in her husbands body and had the experiences she had, she had
the 'empathy' to become a great actress. This is where the real 'empathy' came in, at the
very end of the movie. The VR scam was simply using 'Empathy Inc' as their name/way to
scam people out of money and were able to do that by choosing some unsuspecting homeless
person to body switch.

Well whomever wrote it did a pretty good job.

Man stalkes by Mountain Lion ( Utah) » Post #14

Sat Oct 17, 2020 19:38 in General Talk

I was watching a doc on Kenya.

Oddly the guy's family name that lived and lives in Kenya is 'Hunter'.

J. R. Hunter I think was his initials back in 1937 killed a thousand rhinos, and also elephants
and more. He did it because the population of people was growing. At that time frame, there
was about 2 million people in Kenya and the wildlife would destroy their farms.

Now his grandson, Mr Hunter, is doing the opposite. When he created a safety net organization
in Kenya, there was only something like 8 rhinos left and about that with elephants in that area.
He has managed to bring the population of the animals way up to where they were almost extinct
before. Now there is like 20 million people in Kenya and they said it wouldn't be long and there
will be 50 million people.

Oddly, I don't feel sorry for the people. I feel sorry for the animals.

I sure hope they go around and preach to these people while handing out birth control, what
they are doing.

There comes a time that people need to wake up to reality. One cannot keep breeding and
having children and expect to be able to feed them.

Maybe someone needs to dump birth control in the water.

Prime Deal Days » Post #34

Sat Oct 17, 2020 19:21 in General Talk

Well yeah, the way the movie was done, could have certainly been much better with a
different budget.

The point with me is, it was a really great idea for a movie. You know you see so many
movies that are similar. I liked that this movie was some what different and it did surprise
me more than once.

Firstly, I wondered if the black guy was legitimate or not.

Secondly, I wondered if the VR thing was fake or not.

Thirdly, I wondered if his father in law would give him the million bucks.

Fourth, I was confused about what was really happening when the film displayed him killing the homeless woman.

Fifth, I was confused for a minute about what was really happening in the chair/chairs.

Sixth, I thought what is this wife doing wanting to go to bed with the dirty greaser (he aint had a bath)!

So it just goes on and on and on with in my head 'whats going on, what's going to happen next'.

It's the type of movie that held my interest and a lot of times when I add a movie and it starts out like
this one did, I simply remove it from my list and don't watch it. But it did grab me quick enough that
I watched it.

It would be really great if it was in color with known actors and perhaps a few editing changes
(no one puts passwords up under their desk). haha
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 21, 2020 14:27:16 EST