Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by wildbillhickok

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by wildbillhickok

President Bolsonaro tests positive for Coronavirus » Post #13

Yesterday, 14:13 in General Talk

Some of our President followers even denied the existence of covid 19. Now they might be very confused.

There is one thing that I still doesn't understand on all this: the insistence on the use of chloroquine. I admit, It may work, but who knows?

At least it surely works as good as a placebo.

I know this can kill. But it is true that if you are young and healthy the chances of dyng are very small. The numbers of contaminated people is way bigger than 1.683.738. It might be arround 13 to 14 million already.

Karen & Darren » Post #7

Yesterday, 11:43 in General Talk

I don't judge too. Each person is free to choose whatever hairstyle pleases him.

Karen & Darren » Post #5

Yesterday, 11:28 in General Talk

I heard this term before, for me it means someone ( a woman) that displays "agressive" behaviour based on a sentiment of entitlement that can be due to any given perceived arbitrary caracteristic. Is someone who thinks that his own rights overlap those from others. I think that it is used to describe women that are mean.

But I would never imagine that it was related to a haircut... :lol: (also, I don't personally find this hairstyle attractive)

India , Brazil , Number 1 and 2.... tasman1 » Post #26

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:26 in General Talk

I assure you all that we are better at covid 19 than footbal (recent history doesn't lie, no world cup since 2002)... Our players don't play as agressively as they did in past, today they just care about not ruinning their hairstyle...Appearance is more important because of advertising, you know trucks of money, playing real soccer is a thing of the past, today the most important thing is marketing, branding.... Also, nobody wants to get hurt and incur on the risk of not being able to party.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

So, coming back to covid 19 again, you who are expecting a easy victory over us, take care... We won't be beaten easily. Just a lots of aglomerations won't be enough to beat us. Just a triad of: no washing of hand, no distancing and aglomerations, plus poor healthy system is capable to take us out (I hope, for the good of Mankind, that nobody will adopt this winning strategy).

Also, just in case we lose our 2nd place, I'm sure there is no good enough adversary to take us out of the podium.... No chance, we won't lose our 3rd place (We won't fight to protect it though ).

*I know it is tragicomic. I hope not to insult anybody.

Shame , Shame India............tasman1 » Post #4

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 in General Talk

And I thought that we would just see this type of dehumanization on a war zone.

Anyways...

India so far has reported 585.000 cases and 17.400 deaths. Arround 3 % of confirmed cases died.

Brazil has 1.456.969 confirmed case with 60.813 deaths. Arround 4 % of confirmed cases died.

India is way more populous than Brazil, with higher population density and a more susceptible to aglomerate way of being. And, going against all prospects, has less cases and lower mortality rate than Brazil. This covid 19 is very tricky.

Let's consider that just 0.5 % of covid patients die. Now I arbritarly multiply the number of deaths, 60.813, by 200. And now, by the use of basic arithmetics and a totally arbitray method, I know, or I at least can affirm, That Brazil might have arround 12.162.600 right now.

I wonder, not based on mathematical model :lol: , what percentage of population needs to be contaminated for the wave to decelerate.

Of course, this is an oversimplification, since that here in Brazil the situation is very complex because of the size of our country and difference between regions. What is obvious is that the disease is being interiorized now, it was assolating big cities, now it is spreading through the small cities all around the country.

A bear in Italy has been sentenced to death. » Post #3

Sat Jun 27, 2020 14:00 in General Talk

Talking about bears treated like humans...

A bear, called Wojtek, during WW2, served with the 22nd Artillery Supply Company.

He was, if i'm not wrong, first enlisted as a private, and later promoted to corporal.

Them, like me, you might think: "A bear?? What would him do besides causing trouble?". Is even difficult to think of such an animal as a pet, since we are talking about a warzone.
But history tells that he was very useful there, espeacially to move ammunitions crates.

I saw a pretty interesting photo of him side to side with his comrades on a trenche. IT IS SURREAL.

Trump suspends H-1B visas, green cards till year-e » Post #2

Tue Jun 23, 2020 09:54 in General Talk

The man keeps repeating "America First" all the time, this measure is a good way to establish coherence between his words and actions.

It is difficult to tell if this isn't just populism...Are these temporary workers really "stealing" American's jobs?

If I met the qualifications to work abroad I would choose Canada.

darkstar , grettings from N Korea....tasman1 » Post #20

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:05 in General Talk

North Korea must be heaven in earth, there must be work, though forced and not payed, for everyone.

But, one thing caught my attetion...

Years ago i saw a footage of a defector, a former North Korean soldier, risking his life on a daring espape. First he hijacked a military vehicle, then he left the car, ran under his comrades fire, and crossed the border.

The defector, despite being shot many times, reached the demilatired zone, and after some hours was recued by south korea and treated.

He wanted to escape from North Korea and, as absurd it may sound, enter South Korea...

On his place, I would do the same, North Korea is too perfect of a country, I would opt for South Korea's opression.

On my view the chances of being killed by soldiers on the border are very low, their weponry, though probably AK 47, must be in very poor state, and thus malfuction, same for the ammunition, also as you gain distance the chance of being hit by an AK gets very low.
Also, as I saw on the video, the North Korean soldiers are trained to plunge on the ground before shooting, this means 2 or 3 seconds lost by him, this time comes at handy to gain distance.

darkstar , grettings from N Korea....tasman1 » Post #15

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:20 in General Talk

North Korea must to be such a good place to live. I did not even heard about a single covid 19 case there (despite this very country being very close to China).

I doubt, that we can find a single North Korean citizen publicly complanaing about their Great leader, Kim Jong Un.

I heard that this Great Nation is building ever bigger bombs...

Let's just hope this great man, who ordered the killing of his half brother, to have best interests in his mind.

"The Room Where It Happened" » Post #21

Sat Jun 20, 2020 09:43 in General Talk

I never voted on local elections. I just vote for president and governor.

I believe that most of politicians just want to profit from the system, good salary, benefits, influence...

It is clear here that they (most politicians) feel like they own what is in fact public. They just want to profit and put the public machine to work for them. Especially in very small cities they feel almighty because they know almost everyone, on my view, the whole system will never work. Some are even capable to use what is public to persecute people they don't like.

"The Room Where It Happened" » Post #12

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:25 in General Talk

As a Brazilian I'm not qualified to talk about it... But there are similarities here...Fakes News, disqualification of some medias...Chloroquine use :lol:

On my view this book won't reach Trump's base.

In 20I6 I used to follow US news, for the sake of my english, they were talking a lot about the e mail server scandal involving Hillary, Trump was involved on a lot of polemic: Mocking, depicting, a deficient man at a rally; insulting the host of a debate etc

Trump even stated:“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,”.

He labeled Hillary Clinton Crooked Hillary and intonated "lock her up" on his rallies. To remedy all they were saying about him he deemed some vehicles of information "fake News", it worked very well.

All polls were indicating Hillary ahead but he ended up winning.

War is going to Happen » Post #26

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:36 in General Talk

I heard on the news: 20 Indian soldiers and an unknow number of Chinese soldiers died on a clash on a region close to Himalaia. This is already bad enough news for both countries involved.

Then, using my limited knowledge on the matter, I thought with myself: "Probably China or India launched an airstrike or used artillery and the other side retaliated".

But following the news I discovered that they allegedly fought man to man using sticks and stones. I'm impressed with the number of casualties.

U.S now biggest Communist State....tasman1 » Post #18

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 in General Talk

What is happening here is that the last administration, the "leftist" one, was made a parameter of comparisson.

Now, for a lot of people, anything is acceptable, because the other option is that administration which in recent past became synonym of corruption.

They simplyfied the debate saying if you are not on their side you are on the other (one that is proven corrupt and even worst: "Communist" :lol:

Also, if one's don't think the last administration was that bad, because there are some who seem to ignore all corruption done in the past, the argument: Would you prefer Venezuela, Cuba or North Korea? will be used (this is last resource)

On my opinion this is not a good rhetoric, since this is basically saying: We are not good, but they are worst.

U.S now biggest Communist State....tasman1 » Post #7

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:58 in General Talk

This must be a Communist plot :lol:

Nuclear Arms Spending Priorities » Post #3

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 in General Talk

I see the nuclear weaponry as a mean to dissuade, avoiding a war.

Imagine if only pakistan or only India had Nuclear capabilities. On my view an armistice would not be viable anymore. If forces were unbalanced the stronger side would impose its rules over the weaker. There is mutual respect there.

The greatest Nuclear potencies fear, and thus select who they want to have and not have Nukes.
Look how much US, Israel and the international community fear Iran's national nuclear program. Iran faces sanctions since almost "forever". All this to keep Iran from attaining the capacilibty to enrich Uranium at a certain level, and to become a greater threat to interests in the region.

Also, no country can maintain the integrity of its borders, defend their interests, without the capability of defend himself.

Ordinal Numbers Chart » Post #18

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:34 in General Talk

Now that I know the Ordinal numbers I may probably have higher chances of being employed on somewhere where counting in english, knowing order of stuff, is important.

How many members like Rainy Season » Post #6

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:30 in General Talk

Rainy season :?:

If it rains torrentially, there can be floods, natural disasters can occur. However, when there is not enough of rain, drought, no form of life is viable anymore.

What I like, prefer, is a perfect balance between rainy and sunny days.

Told you we are going back ...tasman1 » Post #24

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:04 in General Talk

War, just ancient technology will be used...

Surely, less people will perish :thumbup:

The Forum » Post #10

Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 in General Talk

Lately, I log into ysense, go on surveys tab, try the ones available (I cannot remember last time I completed one :lol: ).

After, I check tasks available, today there is one page of 'em, 21 available (if Appen bans for inactivity, I will sure soon be banned, I cannot remember the last time I completed 10 tasks on a single day).

Finally, I enter on forum. :lol:

Doing all this takes approximately 30 min. Then, letting ysense logged in, I go study. :thumbup:

ySense and the Rippling Process of Culmination » Post #14

Mon Jun 08, 2020 09:57 in General Talk

The interference on the waves can constructive or destructive. If you work well you can amplify your gains.

If your input is permeated with contradictons you may be expelled, or maybe even not to receive surveys anymore, this is causing a destructive interference, and this makes your gains being shortened, not to last.

For me survey are as simple as that: Good Input (information that doesn't contradict) + effort (time I take refreshing page to see if there is new ones)= my gains.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jul 9, 2020 04:36:44 EST