Please wait...
HomeForumPosts by Valadur

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Posts by Valadur

Game Consoles and Games » Post #18

Tue Jan 24, 2017 16:40 in General Talk

valerie wrote: I ordered this one:

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - Nintendo 3DS

Is that the one you have 'Valadur' (minus the 3DS)?

No, that is a completely different game. Dragon Quest 7 is a remake of an old Playstation One game. They did a good job on the graphics but the gameplay and world structure are a bit outdated. I did not like it very much as it felt too bland and stretched out.

7th Dragon is this one:

YouTube video

Game Consoles and Games » Post #14

Mon Jan 02, 2017 07:32 in General Talk

valerie wrote:

You'll have to let me know how you like the 7th dragon game.

So after approx. 15 hours of playing 7th Dragon I can safely say that it is one of those hidden gems.

Story and Setting are, in true Japanese fashion, a bit over-the-top. Within the first hours you visit a Matrix-like world, prevent a dragon invasion in a modern Tokyo setting and travel to Atlantis over 1000 years in the past. I wouldn´t buy the game for its story but at least it is creative.

Gameplay-wise, I would say it comes close to the Etrian Odyssey games. You create a party of several heroes and explore dungeons filled with monsters, traps and treasure, just from a third-person perspective. There is less focus on the slow-paced exploration part because of the super-comfortable automap features. And 7th Dragon is waaay more forgiving as you can retry any lost battle instead of being punished with a Game Over screen.

The truly amazing thing about this game are the character class designs and how they behave in the turn-based combat. With all unlocks, there are 8 classes to choose for your characters. And they all have unique playstyles and different mechanics to offer. Which are incredibly satisfying once you mastered them. But I would rather recommend the game to veterans of turn-based RPGs. To appreciate the depth of the character classes, you need a bit of an experience in the field of turn-based RPGs. Simpler games can be found in the Pokemon or Final Fantasy series.

Game Consoles and Games » Post #3

Fri Dec 23, 2016 17:38 in General Talk

I wish you lots of fun with your new hardware. Majora´s Mask is one of my favourite Zelda game. It has such a dark and unsettling atmosphere.

Personally, I didn´t upgrade to the "new" 3DS XL because I already owned the "old" 3DS XL and there are not many exclusives for the "new" one.

Tomorrow I will gift myself another 3DS game with the weird name "7th Dragon III Code: VFD". A Japanese RPG and I didn´t read much about it but I am hoping for a less-known gameplay gem here.

Wish you a nice Christmas.
Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Aug 19, 2019 14:22:56 EST