Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkValerie Special Offer......tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Valerie Special Offer......tasman1

#21 by Darkstar2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 09:14

valerie wrote:
Oh I do love trees and it is rather stark without them there but a flip side.

If trees are too close to the house, they can damage the house and even cause death.

Right, there are so many type of trees you don't want near your house, most people don't know what type of trees they have let alone point their province / state on a map :mrgreen: So to be safe, it's best to avoid trees near a foundation. Trees need a lot of water, LOTS of it, and water is something you want to keep as far away as possible from a foundation. When trees do not get enough water, they will find it, if it means the roots destroying your foundation and other landscaping nearby, even your main sewer line, that's how you see some tree roots inside sewer lines, that's when the tree is desperate and finally found a source of water :mrgreen: that's why some sewer lines get destroyed by trees, for those who have the sewer line running at the front of the home as it is usually the case, the trees there are city property, it's not uncommon to see sewer line root problems due to city trees, and yet the cities are not responsible, so yeah trees can be a real pain in the arse, in front of the house they can eventually damage your sewer line, unless you really take care of the tree and know the amount of water it needs, if not the sewer line then it will bulge on your ground and destroy your pavers, concrete, whatever. In the backyard, you will likely get uneven lawn as the roots eventually bulge. People don't realise how strong roots can get over time and how far they can go to get a drink :P

There are homes with backyards with trees inches away from the foundation, yet people are still buying those homes without demanding deep inspection and that the tree be removed by the seller first, kinda makes you wonder who are the IDIOTS who would plant trees inches from the foundation, weeping trees / weeping ground are the worst, but there are many other type of trees that are a big no-no to have near a house.

Quote:
Trees can have lots of falling leaves in the Fall and that results in raking.

When you reach 65 years old, there is other things you want to do besides pay for damage,
be scared every time lightning strikes, and break your back raking.

There are many seniors here who still live in their homes, that's a good thing as they are smart enough not to get into the "system" into the slaughter homes waiting to kick the bucket. Obviously they get help, they pay for maintenance, and here these are an admissible expense eligible for tax credit, after a certain age, 65 I think. Yeah raking leaves is the least of your concern - if those tree rots bulge and crack your pavers or concrete, get ready to spend 5 figures to repair that - and if it breaks your foundation, another 5 figures, and your sewer line, another 5 figures. Nature is great, but it can be nasty they are like humans who fight to survive. If a human is thirsty or hungry it will resort to drastic measures to find food and drink even if it means breaking into stores or homes. Tree roots are the same, they want water they will find it even if it means destroying your home :D
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153
Likes Received12,311/6,545

#22 by Darkstar2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 09:19

valerie wrote:

Yes it has a crawl space and attic.

Well then watch CRAWL, you can never be too ready :lol:

Quote:
He went to jail for several things, drugs I think and also for beating his girlfriend.

So your general instinct was correct, he was a crack head - as to the beating part, well I can think of a hundred good puns, but that is not a laughing matter ....... What it is amazing is that you trust an alleged drug junkie and an alleged criminal - you don't wanna mess with'em I guess, and you pay on time :D This sounds like a horror movie in the making :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#23 by Darkstar2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 09:28

josealvesjr wrote:
valerie wrote: I dunno why those of you that can only exist on theory bother to post here.

After all, you are posting on faith, not fact, not theory, not proof.

Where does this come from? Is this related to this topic??

I think it's obvious what she means, no not the house topic for sure, but the topic of faith and religion I think.....

As far as the maintenance of a home, trees and landscaping add lots to your work around the home, as opposed to only having a lawn to mow. there are cases where homes with lots of trees and landscaping are harder to sell, because these don't necessarily add value to a home, as it requires more maintenance, caring and expensive to repair. At least she did not fall for the condo trap - with a condo when the union decides something needs repair, you have to contribute whether you like it or not - in your own house, you call the shots and you can decide to wait and postpone repairs, in a condo when they decide it's time to redo the roof, at $400,000, you WILL be required to contribute your part, condo fees only cover basic maintenance, and often the fees are not high enough to build a huge reserve for those absurd and costly repairs. Let's repair the lifts, $1 million, each condo owner pays his share $50k, $100k, etc.

As far as people with or without faith, I guess that is a personal choice, some people do not believe in God or nothing, we just appeared out of nowhere - I would rather see that then people who believe in a God that condones criminal activity to be saved (ISIS and other terror groups), that's far worse ....
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#24 by Darkstar2 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 09:30

Madison91 wrote: An interesting question :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttNZlONTpg

Thank you this answers a lot of our questions - Pardon my Chinese it's a little rusty ......

Something must be wrong with the forum, replies are going in the wrong topics maybe ? :P Forum has been down yesterday, maybe tha's what's up :D
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#25 by valerie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 17:29

Trees......yes and the roots can pose a big problem. Over the years trees can grow huge
and their roots can destroy pipes and foundations, etc. Plus stuff like bugs/termites.

Yep, crack head dude.

The USA States of Kentucky and Tennessee, are pretty bad in some areas for crack.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352
Likes Received19,571/8,243

#26 by tasman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 19:20

Valerie congrats for not buying that 500 million mansion
Real estate crash is coming ..... you just saved 250 million not buying and another 100 million for finishing that property
tasman1
Posts15,806
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,242
Likes Received15,620/8,138

#27 by Madison91 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 19:26

Just the retirement issue comes to mind. :?

update:
In China and some Asian countries, parents raise their children. When the children start a family, the parents also help the children buy a house. When parents retire in old age, (traditional values and laws require) children support their parents.
This video is an interview(in English and Chinese)on the streets of New York about the question of whether children in Western countries pay alimony to their parents(support their parents) when they retire.
Madison91
Posts399
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitToday
Likes Given280
Likes Received227/160

#28 by valerie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 20:22

The answer Madison91 in regards to the USA, there is not a law I know of that
requires children to pay their retired parents.

I will say that many people do in fact take care of their elderly parents. It's very
common for homes to have a MIS...also known as Mother-Inlaw-Suite. Some people
simply have an extra room or two for their parents and all live in the same household.
Some people have an addition built onto their house so one or more of their parents
have their own facilities.

With that said, I will say that the Chinese have always held high respect and care
for their elderly unlike the USA. I am ashamed to say that but it is true.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#29 by Darkstar2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 08:07

valerie wrote: Trees......yes and the roots can pose a big problem. Over the years trees can grow huge
and their roots can destroy pipes and foundations, etc. Plus stuff like bugs/termites.

I have seen expensive homes with very large trees, huge trunk, and no issues, but these trees are a certain distance to the home, some trees are closer and cause no issues, if a tree is well cared for and gets enough water, there should be no issues - roots go where there is water, luckily most homes here now have pipes above ground, above ceiling, behind walls. The only pipes below ground is the main line, that's usually under the foundation slab, and extends to the sewer line in the middle of the driveway, no other pipes outside, but in older homes the sewer line was clay based, so it was easy for tree roots to find a way into the line to get water. It's up to city to take care of their trees too, some types of trees are more prone to diseases which attracts bugs, there are treatments they apply or get the trees sprayed to keep the bugs away from the tree, you can usually tell a tree needs treatment when you see holes in the leaves. A tree is never a problem if it is cared for, like humans, trees need care. I don't think termites will chew down just any trees, haven't heard of any termite issues here, maybe it's more prominent in the United States, especially under Democrats :mrgreen:

Quote:
Yep, crack head dude.

The USA States of Kentucky and Tennessee, are pretty bad in some areas for crack.

Yeah apparently there is a major drug and opioids crisis in America, that's why Canada is like that too, the junkies here get supplied from the US along with artillery :D As far as crack head dude, well, you can see that even with established construction workers, a lot o them are crack heads, junkies or alcoholics, or all of that combined, not uncommon to see them "high" on the job and no I don't mean high up a crane :lol: Have you ever been near a construction site and it reeked of pot so much that you feel high yourself, well that's very common here, guess construction workers work long hours and always on the go, maybe that stuff keeps them on go :P Even the wealthy people, artists, musicians, celebrities, God forbid if anybody does not do drugs, they would feel left off and not part of the circle of friends :P We have lost a lot of great musicians and TALENT and it's always a common thing, drug or alcohol abuse. Nowadays this generation is into opioids, it's the new trend.
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#30 by josealvesjr » Fri Sep 24, 2021 09:02

Darkstar ,Nowadays this generation is into opioids, it's the new trend.

One can hardly blame them the way this world is going. To wake up every day to a new calamity or disaster, war threats, not to none job perspectives, water and air pollution, rising sea levels, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, Covid 19 etc.etc.
Then I do not even mention the world wide political arena. Where would they get their motivation from? This is where we as humanity are end of the line.
This generation sees, hears, feels and reads that there is a bleak future ahead. So they surrender and escape into the world of hallucination through drugs. Sad very sad.
josealvesjr
Posts1,670
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given418
Likes Received1,268/823

#31 by Darkstar2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 09:07

tasman1 wrote: Valerie congrats for not buying that 500 million mansion
Real estate crash is coming ..... you just saved 250 million not buying and another 100 million for finishing that property

Crash ? ahahahaha barely, there is a long way to go, let alone inflation is still high, it's not before at least 2023 or more that the craze will settle down, but you won't see house prices go back down to pre-pandemic, no way. I was reading the other day that this whole over bidding and explosion of housing values is caused all by real estate agents, those greedy f**** of agents pushing shitty homes onto the market and conspiring with home inspectors to look the other way on important flaws - thanks to these ringpiece bandits of agents, access to homes is off limits and only reserved to the wealthy. The only time house prices

Madison91 wrote: Just the retirement issue comes to mind. :?

update:
In China and some Asian countries, parents raise their children. When the children start a family, the parents also help the children buy a house. When parents retire in old age, (traditional values and laws require) children support their parents.
This video is an interview(in English and Chinese)on the streets of New York about the question of whether children in Western countries pay alimony to their parents(support their parents) when they retire.

In Western world, yeah things are very different to Asian culture - in fact even the Asian people coming to the Western world get "Westernised" they change completely to their roots. Asian people in general have a culture where they respect the elderly and family, this is not the case AT ALL in Western part of the world or Europe. On this side of the planet, the elderly are treated like garbage, and are dumped into nursing homes, more like slaughter homes - it's disgusting and infuriating, there is no law here about that, problem is, it's common to see parents support their child, the child grows up, studies, but they don't manage to earn enough money to make ends meet, don't forget that the child eventually builds his/her own family and their own children to take care of, it's not always possible for children to care for their family, it depends on circumstances - some people CAN but WON'T because they are f**ing lazy - Some can't because of other circumstances, disability, cannot afford it, etc. You cannot blame people in circumstances out of their control - HOWEVER, there are cases where the children have made it good for themselves, good job, good money but they don't give back, that's pathetic .......

I would think that in China and other Asian countries, no law would be needed, people are generally more respectful towards family, there are always exceptions I am sure, not every Chinese is close to his father / mother, but generally the culture is based on more respect - There are lots of Chinese here and I have worked with many, I can see right away that the culture is way different, they generally pay more respect to family and elderly AND they study harder. It's not uncommon in some Asian countries to see big families live together in the same house, as parents get older they would often move with their children, of course if space permits, HERE, people dump them in nursing homes to get slaughtered and abused and until they croak. A certain % of elderly here stay home and get care, if money permits, nobody wants to end in shite factories called nursing homes, nobody, but not everyone has the means.

Now with the drugs, alcohol and opioids, it's even harder, how can children care for their aging parents when society is brimming with drug junkies and raging alcoholics.

In Japan, if someone trips and falls on the street, people will stop and help, if an old lady needs help she will get help. In Americas, people just walk by - they only do something if they are filmed and it goes on f'ing YouTube.

I didn't know it was a LAW in China, but you cannot force someone to be a caregiver if they do not have the means or the health can you, but anything is possible in China - Do they have provisions in the law to consider this ?
Interesting topic :D
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#32 by Darkstar2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 09:13

valerie wrote:

With that said, I will say that the Chinese have always held high respect and care
for their elderly unlike the USA. I am ashamed to say that but it is true.

I bet. Who wouldn't be ashamed as an American or Canadian to say that Asian culture is better on so many level, more human and more respectful - keeping in mind they are humans too and not perfect, they still have gangs and criminal organisations that would make American, Mexican and Canadian gang leaders to shame. In America they use guns, over there they pull out their large swords and start fencing until the last man standing, and the opponent gets their head sliced off :lol: Chinese in general have held higher standards, but you see a lot of them coming to Canada and states, because they are not happy with the regime - Contrary to myth, not all Chinese people eat cats, dogs, bats or pengolin, or believe in their government. I even know some Chinese personally who think that the pandemic was caused by a leak from a Wuhan lab, but they would NEVER dare say that on their own soil :D Chinese are smart, but they are muffled and they have to be quiet under their regime by fear of repercussion, but once Chinese move out of that regime, they start talking big time :D
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#33 by Darkstar2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 09:32

josealvesjr wrote: Darkstar ,Nowadays this generation is into opioids, it's the new trend.

One can hardly blame them the way this world is going. To wake up every day to a new calamity or disaster, war threats, not to none job perspectives, water and air pollution, rising sea levels, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, Covid 19 etc.etc.
Then I do not even mention the world wide political arena. Where would they get their motivation from? This is where we as humanity are end of the line.

That's debatable there is no excuse, there are people STARVING and living MISERY in poor countries, I don't think they are doing any drugs or opioids, no excuse :D The issue is how EASY they can be acquired, just like illegal firearm, anything illegal and easy to obtain will be obtained. In the days where it was easy to scam your cable provider people did that, paid a few bucks for black boxes to unscramble pay channels, they did it, now since the transition from analog to digital cable, it's far more difficult, with digital they have algorithms that change every minute. Make something easy to acquire, it will be acquired. A lot of people are living difficult times, does it mean it's right to indulge in illegal drugs - the problem is, when you indulge in illegal drugs, you are not only putting yourself in danger but the lives of others - some people have firearms, the combination of being under the influence of a drug and firearm don't mix, there are lots of innocent people who have died to firearm because the shooter was heavily intoxicated - and you know what ? They get away with it in court, they get a lesser sentence. So yeah, we need to get illegal firearms and rugs and opioids out of reach - if people are upset or depressed most of the time, there are other ways to fill the void, they can stay home and wank, join support groups, online or offline, get help, consuming illegal substances and indulge in activity that causes innocent lives to be lost, I will never support that, they can stay home all day and destroy their liver with alcohol and all the drugs they want, but they should stay the F home until they sober up before going out and killing innocent people.

If people want to consume shit and destroy their lives, fine, welcome to the new bill, all drugs are legal, but under the condition that when you consume them, you are under house arrest and supervision at all times, you are not allowed to go out of your home until you sober up and clean, win-win situation.

The drug and alcohol is a temporary fix, it does not magically erase your problems, it only gives you bigger problems in the long run.

I've never taken a drug in my life, nor smoked, the only puff of smoke I took was in Kindergarten or early grade school when the discussion was about cigarette and lungs, I begged to try - the teacher said OK just one puff and that I needed to PROMISE I will never smoke in my life..... I took a puff, and that was the last of it, never smoked :P
the only drugs I have ever taken are Advil and Tylenol and Aspirin :lol:

Quote:
This generation sees, hears, feels and reads that there is a bleak future ahead. So they surrender and escape into the world of hallucination through drugs. Sad very sad.

It is sad, but there are alternatives - there are lots of community centres, parks, activities you can do, yes some people have no resolve and need an ESCAPE, but the drugs is just an illusion it gives you a temporary high followed by a crash, do you think all drug addicts are HAPPY with their addiction ? Many want to stop but can't, so it creates new problems. Same for alcoholism, even the nymphomaniacs and sex addicts, you would think that people would beg to have that addiction but in the long run it's not too pleasant for many reasons :P Then you have people who escape through the internet, second life, fortnite and virtual this virtual world that, not too healthy either, still an addiction but much better than drugs and alcohol. Some people have high tolerance to alcohol, for instance you will never tell a Scottish to drop drinking, they will tell you to f*ck off :D but do you think it is healthy to see teenagers and kids shooting heroin, snorting crack, consuming pills, etc. it's not, no matter the situation, and the more drugs you take the more resistant you become, so you need higher doses, more and more and more, it's basically a slow road to suicide.

Supervised addictions / drug centres is one thing, to help people cope and gradually get out of their addiction, in controlled environment, but free for all - nope, no way Jose :P Do you wanna see drug junkies and alcoholics walk the streets everywhere you go, ALL the gang related shootings and city violence here is all for fight for territory, territory for what ? DRUG dealing.
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#34 by valerie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 18:34

Actually kind of the opposite, Jose.

Most don't watch tv, don't use a computer, don't read, and can't tell you what day it is.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#35 by Darkstar2 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 08:32

Speaking of real estate and high prices, I came across an article today, it is pretty much in line with what I have been saying all along about this scam that is the real estate industry, it's now just as bad as the funeral home industry - the industry of the dead ........ Not only are home prices ridiculously atrociously high in Canada thanks to the mostly crooks in the industry encouraging owners to sell at high cost and taking advantage of pretty much drugged up buyers willing to spend ANY amount on shitty, run down homes. WELL it's a true reality. There are a growing amount of listed homes and property in this country, some even abandoned, that is in HORRIBLE shape, torn floors, walls, bad plumbing, mold, and basically homes that would literally need repairs costing in the near 200k :D no wonder some of these homes are abandoned, YET many of these homes in bad shape are on the market now.............. years ago they were worth around 400k, even that was way wayyyyy too high for what they are worth, VERY small homes too. TODAY they are on the market for nearly 700K !!!!!!!!! for 700k you get completely destroyed floor wood panel, in ALL rooms, holes in the walls everywhere, leaky roof, bad plumbing, bad electrical work, mould, cracked brick and foundation. SO basically you are buying shit wrapped with bricks, I cannot imagine who are the crazoids who would spend even a $1 on that horrible mess, if not for real estate agents who hypnotise them into buying nightmare homes. So let's see now, 700K on a piece of a turd (a small one too) + another $200k for repairs, let's see now, how in a lifetime can one repay a loan that big.
NOW why the bloody hell would a wealthy person spend that money on nightmare of a home they will sell at a loss ?
At least if these homes were worth their selling price, I mean , let's see now, there are $1.2 million decent homes, when you consider 700K for garbage, it's not too far off, you just add in a few extra 100ks and buy yourself a decent and large home. With that price you can buy 2 large trailers right or is that also over value now ? :P

In Canada you need to be super wealthy to buy a DECENT home,. today in 2021, you need to be wealthy to buy a nightmare home - you might as well build your own home in a graveyard :D
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#36 by tasman1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 15:13

Darkstar.............In Canada you need to be super wealthy to buy a DECENT home,. today in 2021, you need to be wealthy to buy a nightmare home - you might as well build your own home in a graveyard :D
[Canada] [Offline] Darkstar2

Graveyard ???? .....Not here , just a plot will cost you over 20000 and that is in poor Tasmania

Poor can afford only plot at rubbish tip , but not sure for how long [ I bag of rubbish will cost you 12,00 ] and that is only in Tasmania

Solution ? No solution .
tasman1
Posts15,806
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,242

#37 by Darkstar2 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 17:38

Still $20k is a bargain, that's why I said, might as well build in a graveyard, it's cheaper, and bigger + you have company at all times :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153

#38 by tasman1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 18:06

Darkstar2 wrote: Still $20k is a bargain, that's why I said, might as well build in a graveyard, it's cheaper, and bigger + you have company at all times :lol:

Maybe not so bad idea not to mention it will be good to buy bigger plot , use part for myself and rent rest to some nice girls to have company [ and free heating from body heat ] :o
tasman1
Posts15,806
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,242

#39 by Darkstar2 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 08:18

tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote: Still $20k is a bargain, that's why I said, might as well build in a graveyard, it's cheaper, and bigger + you have company at all times :lol:

Maybe not so bad idea not to mention it will be good to buy bigger plot , use part for myself and rent rest to some nice girls to have company [ and free heating from body heat ] :o

You overlooked one thing, there are pros to building your home in a graveyard, the deal includes your funeral arrangements, in other words, when you die, you will be buried right close to home, on your land - you will save your loved ones, friends, a lot of trouble and costs + you will still feel at home. You want company, that won't ruin your wallet and health (ok, too late for that, sorry :P) then go Real Dolls, $20k, get one custom made - $20k is a bloody bargain, should've thought of that sooner though :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,930
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given6,153
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 19, 2021 08:38:28 EST