Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkValerie Special Offer......tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Valerie Special Offer......tasman1

#1 by tasman1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 00:38

Valerie , buy this one , cheap , cheap , be fast

A Los Angeles mega-mansion projected to sell for US$500 million (AU$688 million) is now under receivership after its developer defaulted on more than US$100 million of loans.

The Bel Air property dubbed “The One” sprawls across over eight acres of land, with the property itself occupying 105,000 square feet overlooking the LA skyline.

The unfinished complex includes a spa, beauty salon, nightclub, gym, a moat, underground garage and six elevators. That’s in addition to a theatre, multiple infinity pools, yoga platform, golf simulator and 10,000-bottle wine cellar.
tasman1
Posts15,797
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,234
Likes Received15,611/8,132

#2 by Darkstar2 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 07:32

You see even the wealthy live beyond their means - we live in a credit crunch society where no matter how much money a person has, they will spend more than they have - not uncommon even for the ridiculously wealthy to be in debt.
You would probably need a mortgage to pay off the insurance and property tax on that one :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151
Likes Received12,309/6,544

#3 by valerie » Sat Sep 18, 2021 08:33

Oh I would have if I had known about it before I bought a 1300 sq ft house. :lol:

Had a couple of men help me move most everything to a storage unit yesterday.
I have to storage units and hoping I can get those emptied by the first week of
October.

The house I bought is much smaller and has no trees in the yard at all. It does
have two driveways with an attached garage and a second garage. When I get
a camper, it will more than fit in the second garage. It's the perfect retirement
home for me. It's not a gated community but it is a small community with only
a few other houses. Also, kind of rural.

The downfall is, I don't think there is cable. The guy moving from there has been
using HugesNet. He said he likes it and has no problem with it or Roku streaming.
I don't do as much online any more so perhaps it will be ok. If not, I may have to
go with DISH.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352
Likes Received19,568/8,242

#4 by tasman1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 16:21

The best part of that property is that it is unfinished but they say once new owner add another 100 million value will go to 1 billion

Holly shit that is value of zillion survey
tasman1
Posts15,797
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,234
Likes Received15,611/8,132

#5 by Darkstar2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:55

valerie wrote: Oh I would have if I had known about it before I bought a 1300 sq ft house. :lol:

Well congratulations for selling your house and buying a new one, wow that was fast :mrgreen:
So you opted for a house instead of a condo in Florida, good choice - you didn't fall for the condo TRAP like most Canadians and Americans :P

Quote:
The house I bought is much smaller and has no trees in the yard at all.

1300 sqft not bad, that's much much bigger than most condos / apartments here :D No trees in yard, now that's a great thing, at least you won't have to worry about eventually spending thousands of $ to get it taken down, or worry about cleaning dead leaves in the fall, unless your neighbours have trees in their yard :P

Quote:
It does have two driveways with an attached garage and a second garage.

You sure that is a 1300 sqft ? Most people have single driveways :D Is it a single family home (detached) or 2 houses joined together (semi-detached) ? So it's nice at least you have a yard and space in front, that'll keep you busy enough, but wait................... no cable ? no internet ? what kind of house is that ? does it at least have electricity and water ? :lol: How are you going to watch streaming video or do online transactions (buy online) etc without internet ?

Quote:
a camper, it will more than fit in the second garage. It's the perfect retirement
home for me. It's not a gated community but it is a small community with only
a few other houses. Also, kind of rural.

A house in the forest / woods essentially - is there a well nearby ? Watch out for wild coyotes in the area :P

Quote:
The downfall is, I don't think there is cable. The guy moving from there has been
using HugesNet. He said he likes it and has no problem with it or Roku streaming.
I don't do as much online any more so perhaps it will be ok. If not, I may have to
go with DISH.

No cable, guess you will be missing all those amazing TV series and good shows (note sarcasm :P) So no cable, that's odd, now with IPTV and the digital era, it should be no problem to have "cable" as TV channels can be carried digitally using IPTV, most internet providers here offer this. Oh, and if you won't have internet access, that Roku streaming will be useless, those streaming boxes rely entirely on an internet connection. If you have a SMART TV, that also relies on internet to run its built-in apps. I never used Roku, I have a Samsung Smart TV it has all the apps. I also have an Amazon Firestick 4k and a Sony Smart BluRay 3D, it has built-in apps too, all rely on a good internet connection.
I haven't watched stuff on cable here in a long time other than news, most of the stuff I watch now is online.
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151

#6 by Darkstar2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:04

tasman1 wrote: The best part of that property is that it is unfinished but they say once new owner add another 100 million value will go to 1 billion

Holly shit that is value of zillion survey

$500 million mansion unfinished, that sounds like the RealEstate industry here, these crooked and deceptive thieves calling themselves agents, they are the reason for this messed up industry - it's typical here, you have homes that were valued at around $250k-$300k median value across an area, all of which are old construction, but old construction is solid right, yeah, but many of these homes eventually need BIG repairs, very costly ones, now a year later these same run down homes go for $650k-700k, imagine the new owners buy these old homes and having to spend another $100k-$200k to FIX it or FINISH it. What a big SCAM. it is due to the aggressive nature of these shit for brain real estate agents pushing garbage - there was an article about how many real estate agent are complicit in a corruption scheme with home inspectors, where a lot of these homes get healthy inspections when in reality they hide lot of hidden defects / faults, that would have made a huge difference between house selling or not. In America it is probably the same, people are being lured to buying lemons basically, much like a stock broker pushing garbage stocks to rich f*cks who don't know any better, EXCEPT that in this case it's not necessarily wealthy people who buy homes, it's gullible, clueless people who spend $700k on a home that they should only pay $250k for and not worry about a 60 year mortgage they never can repay ! I wish those ********* real estate agents stopped soliciting and bothering people and aggressively pushing people to sell their homes at 10x the value. NOW with this bullshit, most people can no longer buy a home, unless they are wealthy.

In the UK you literally need to be super wealthy to live in something decent - same in Canada, a couple of years ago a good Duplex could cost you $300k, TODAY, it's f'ing above $1 million - and 1/3 the size of your new house. Who the HELL wants to overspend on property - might as well save that money and build a nest egg (for those who are still working and where retirement is in a very distant future). People make the big mistake to rack up debt upon debt upon debt and buy property at crazy value whilst these crooked thieves of RealEstate agents run laughing all the way to the bank.

They are no different than the scammers try to sell dirty loans.
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151

#7 by valerie » Sun Sep 19, 2021 16:35

The new house has two drive ways. One driveway goes to the attached garage.
On the opposite side of the house, the driveway goes to the unattached garage.
It's a single family house.

No trees in the yard but there is a tree line on back past my yard.

There is city water. There is HugesNet, Dish, DirectTV, and perhaps a cable option.
I don't know yet if there is cable or not. The previous owner has HugesNet and said
he likes it, no issues with internet or Roku/streaming. I did notice he has a landline
phone so that makes me wonder. I'll find out in a couple of weeks. My closing is the
first week in Oct.

Yep, it's a nice house and I am very happy with it because it is exactly what I was
looking for. Newer house, attached garage, additional extra large garage/shop,
three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, French doors that go out to small deck in to
back yard, small kitchen, small dinning area, NO carpet, hardwood and tile floors,
nice small laundry room, good size living room, nice covered front porch, brick house,
easy yard to maintain (he has a guy that mows and weedeats every couple of weeks
so I might use him too), granite counter tops, one nice small walk in closet, other
closets.

My only negative with the house is no fence. I was really wanting a fenced in back
yard for Bo. So, I might add a fence.

You'll laugh when I tell you who helped me move my furniture to a storage unit! :lol:

PS. All electric
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#8 by Darkstar2 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 17:41

valerie wrote: The new house has two drive ways. One driveway goes to the attached garage.
On the opposite side of the house, the driveway goes to the unattached garage.
It's a single family house.

So you have 2 garages one attached to your house and one stand alone ? That's nice that could come in handy :lol:

Quote:
There is city water. There is HugesNet, Dish, DirectTV, and perhaps a cable option.
I don't know yet if there is cable or not. The previous owner has HugesNet and said
he likes it, no issues with internet or Roku/streaming.

Roku is a provider of multimedia streaming boxes that you hook up to a TV, much like Amazon FireStick, appleTV,
KODI and other similar streaming boxes or stick, they all require an internet connection. Here we have 2 main providers of internet, one for cable and one through landline or fiber through the house. I have Cable internet here, it's fast, I used to have ADSL internet through landline it SUCKEd, but I still use landline for home phone, and coaxial cable for internet and TV. I dunno about internet through satellite, it's probably not as fast and it might be laggy.

Quote:
Yep, it's a nice house and I am very happy with it because it is exactly what I was
looking for. Newer house, attached garage, additional extra large garage/shop,
three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, French doors that go out to small deck in to
back yard, small kitchen, small dinning area, NO carpet, hardwood and tile floors,
nice small laundry room, good size living room, nice covered front porch, brick house,
easy yard to maintain (he has a guy that mows and weedeats every couple of weeks
so I might use him too), granite counter tops, one nice small walk in closet, other
closets.

Wow that's amazing, you sure it's 1300 sqft ? What you describe is far more than expensive condos here costing in the $500k :D

Quote:
My only negative with the house is no fence. I was really wanting a fenced in back
yard for Bo. So, I might add a fence.

Most important question, do you have good neighbours ? Yeah you'll need a fence if one day your neighbour decides to acquire a Pitbull or boa constraictor :lol:

Quote:
You'll laugh when I tell you who helped me move my furniture to a storage unit! :lol:

PS. All electric

No way, the guys who cut your tree ? :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151

#9 by valerie » Sun Sep 19, 2021 20:58

Yes, it's 1300 sq foot living space. That does not count the garages.
The unattached garage is either 26 or 28 feet in length, I forget which.

There is only 3 or 4 other houses in the little community area and none
are on top of each other. It's a very manicured area so I don't think I
will have any problems.

:lol: Yeppers, you guessed it! Altho the main guy did not help because
they said he has been in jail for over a month. :shock: :lol:
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#10 by josealvesjr » Tue Sep 21, 2021 08:18

valerie wrote: Yes, it's 1300 sq foot living space. That does not count the garages.

will have any problems.

Congrats Valerie, I hope you will be happy there. However about the trees. I´m a tree freak, in my street there are lots of them and that makes it so beautiful and they give lots of shade from the merciless sun. You can always plant some, still plenty of time in you to see them grow.
josealvesjr
Posts1,670
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given418
Likes Received1,268/823

#11 by Darkstar2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 08:24

valerie wrote: Yes, it's 1300 sq foot living space. That does not count the garages.

will have any problems.

That's nice - does your new home have a crawl space ? You should watch the movie CRAWL you'll love it, and for all home owners with crawl spaces, it's a great movie to watch :lol:

Quote:

Gee I wonder why :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151

#12 by Darkstar2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 08:34

josealvesjr wrote:

will have any problems.

Congrats Valerie, I hope you will be happy there. However about the trees. I´m a tree freak, in my street there are lots of them and that makes it so beautiful and they give lots of shade from the merciless sun. You can always plant some, still plenty of time in you to see them grow.

As much as trees are great, they can eventually become a pain in the arse if/when they get sick, develop root problems, fall down etc. We've had some sick trees on this street, one fell over years ago, lucky nobody was walking or driving by at the same time - there are people talking frequent walks in the same area. there are homes where the tree roots get big and bulge, creating bumpy entrances, and if you have pavers it's super expensive to repair. Most people don't know the dangers of having ANY type of tree too close to the home, and here, the trees at the front of the house on your lawn belong to the CITY, BUT...........if the tree falls and destroys your house or landscape, YOU are responsible, not the CITY. If the city's tree roots destroy your main sewer line below the driveway, it's on you, the city is responsible for nothing except if you fall on your arse in the winter because the shirt lifters did not deice like they were supposed to - and here when there are sick or tall city trees that need pruning or removal, you gotta literally beg them or chase them for years until they move their scrawny little arses and do something - but they generally wait until the tree falls over, kills someone, then they act. I'd like to know what's the use of city taxes :D and here the sewer line that extends from your home all the way to the middle of the street is YOUR responsibility, even though 3 feet from your lawn belongs to the city, so if there is breakage in your sewer line at the sidewalk or street level, it's on you. Trees are smart, if they are too thirsty their roots will go where there is water if you leave a bucket of water on the ground, the roots will BREAK your ground and reach up into the bucket of water :D Not everyone likes to rake a ton of leaves in the fall either. I like trees and nature too, but they require good maintenance, it would be nice if the damn city take care of their damn trees around here, like they used to ....... here it is total neglect, there are many sick and tall trees that need caring for, some of the branches and leaves are high up and touching power lines, they don't give two shits anymore, then when comes election time they solicit you and beg you to vote for them, well they get my proverbial and symbolic middle fingers, from both hands :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,928
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,151

#13 by valerie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 17:55

josealvesjr wrote:

will have any problems.

Oh I do love trees and it is rather stark without them there but a flip side.

If trees are too close to the house, they can damage the house and even cause death.

If trees are too close to the house, they can cause various damage to areas of the house
such as roof and mildew.

If trees have lots of branches, falling limbs, they can injure you.

Trees can have lots of falling leaves in the Fall and that results in raking.

When you reach 65 years old, there is other things you want to do besides pay for damage,
be scared every time lightning strikes, and break your back raking.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#14 by valerie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 17:57

Darkstar2 wrote:

will have any problems.

That's nice - does your new home have a crawl space ? You should watch the movie CRAWL you'll love it, and for all home owners with crawl spaces, it's a great movie to watch :lol:

Quote:

Gee I wonder why :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it has a crawl space and attic.

He went to jail for several things, drugs I think and also for beating his girlfriend.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#15 by valerie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 18:00

I dunno why those of you that can only exist on theory bother to post here.

After all, you are posting on faith, not fact, not theory, not proof.
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#16 by josealvesjr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 01:58

valerie wrote:
josealvesjr wrote:

will have any problems.

Oh I do love trees and it is rather stark without them there but a flip side.

If trees are too close to the house, they can damage the house and even cause death.

If trees are too close to the house, they can cause various damage to areas of the house
such as roof and mildew.

If trees have lots of branches, falling limbs, they can injure you.

Trees can have lots of falling leaves in the Fall and that results in raking.

When you reach 65 years old, there is other things you want to do besides pay for damage,
be scared every time lightning strikes, and break your back raking.

Point taken, in our street it is the local government´s responsibility to yearly maintain the trees like cutting branches etc.
In your case on private property it is your own responsibilty.
josealvesjr
Posts1,670
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given418
Likes Received1,268/823

#17 by josealvesjr » Wed Sep 22, 2021 02:05

valerie wrote: I dunno why those of you that can only exist on theory bother to post here.

Where does this come from? Is this related to this topic??
josealvesjr
Posts1,670
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given418
Likes Received1,268/823

#18 by valerie » Wed Sep 22, 2021 07:00

josealvesjr wrote:
valerie wrote: I dunno why those of you that can only exist on theory bother to post here.

Where does this come from? Is this related to this topic??

From my head.

:lol:

I dunno, I guess I made this post in the out of topic while watching tv. :mrgreen:
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352

#19 by Madison91 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 09:03

Madison91
Posts399
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last Visit16 Oct 2021
Likes Given280
Likes Received227/160

#20 by valerie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 06:47

Madison91 wrote: An interesting question :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttNZlONTpg

Where does this come from?

Is this related to the topic??
valerie
Posts21,831
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,352
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 18, 2021 15:43:18 EST