Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkCovid19 Vaccine?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Covid19 Vaccine?

#1 by valerie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 07:29

Anyone here had it yet?
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Likes Received19,085/7,894

#2 by Arvind9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 07:42

No slowing people are getting aware that we have about 7 Variants of Coronavirus and the Vaccine that the government is giving will not be effective against all of them,actually states within our country are imposing restrictions on our own citizens from crossing boundaries from one state to another they want that people should have a negative Coronavirus test taken 48 hours before arrival a vaccine will not be recognized its becoming more of an political issue,in my city Mumbai no one from another state is allowed without the test because numbers are rising again and state governments feel its comming in from outside there can be no end to it unless some strict measures are taken
Arvind9
Posts3,789
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,946
Likes Received2,170/1,589

#3 by sonyjmn » Fri Feb 26, 2021 08:29

In my city vaccine will get started from March 1st for age group above 60

Govt is preparing data of above 60 years age will get vaccine

Again numbers are rising rising in city today from college some 53 students tested positive

Govt says if you don't follow rules then Lockdown is must again
sonyjmn
Posts7,709
Member Since25 Sep 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,412
Likes Received5,093/3,010

#4 by Arvind9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 08:34

They are joking if there is a lockdown again government will be the biggest looser a economy that is going down will collapse they are just blackmailing people even Delhi has imposed restrictions like in my state but no government will make the mistake of imposing a lockdown even if people are dying,in some Northern states government is still not functioning normally because the lockdown created problems the system was partially shutdown when it was started again after the lockdown was lifted they discovered a lot of data was lost and the software is not functioning properly,its causing huge economic losses
Last edited by Arvind9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 09:10 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts3,789
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,946

#5 by Idjosko » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:29

Yap! Here in Serbia we have option to chose between 4 vaccine I think: Pfizer, Sputnik V, Sinopharm and Astra Zeneca. I applied in mid-January and I got my Pfizer vaccine before 2 days ago. Second doze is after 21 days. I must mention that I am not in risky group (I am 37 years) but I get my doze ;)
People who applied for Sinopharm vaccine was waiting shortest because that vaccine we have the most.
Idjosko
Posts358
Member Since21 Mar 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given222
Likes Received622/262

#6 by horkos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:32

Many more people will die from serious diseases such as cancer or heart disease due to the lack of availability of doctors than from this whole flu .. Not to mention irreversible economic and economic losses.
horkos
Posts831
Member Since4 Sep 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given165
Likes Received173/123

#7 by Arvind9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:42

Hundred years ago millions died of a Virus which lasted over 10 years none of us were born at that time,so we find it difficult to believe that things wont get better for a long time,its much easier to adjust with circumstances so that you can live a fairly good life
Arvind9
Posts3,789
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,946

#8 by tasman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 13:15

No and will not take it

current choice , Pfizer for rich and Astra Zeneca for poor and old
Last edited by tasman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 13:17 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts14,606
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,067
Likes Received14,648/7,556

#9 by valerie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 14:39

My appointment for the vaccine is March 16th and for my second dose is April 6th.
It's Pfizer.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Likes Received19,085/7,894

#10 by tasman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 15:21

valerie wrote: My appointment for the vaccine is March 16th and for my second dose is April 6th.
It's Pfizer.

You are lucky . here we do not have choice , our govt say we are very poor and can afford only small number of Pfizer for govt and some important people [ rest will get cheapest garbage Astra Zeneca ] they say it is good enough for Australians
tasman1
Posts14,606
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,067

#11 by josealvesjr » Fri Feb 26, 2021 15:51

tasman1 wrote:
valerie wrote: My appointment for the vaccine is March 16th and for my second dose is April 6th.
It's Pfizer.

You are lucky . here we do not have choice , our govt say we are very poor and can afford only small number of Pfizer for govt and some important people [ rest will get cheapest garbage Astra Zeneca ] they say it is good enough for Australians

Tasman1 (which is synonym for negativity), why should you worry about which vaccine is available, you have stated many times you are not going to be vacccinated. You consider it as an intrusion in your privacy.
By the way the Oxford/ AstraZeneca is just as effective as the Pfizer.
josealvesjr
Posts1,497
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given341
Likes Received1,115/717

#12 by tasman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 16:02

josealvesjr wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
It's Pfizer.

Tasman1 (which is synonym for negativity), why should you worry about which vaccine is available, you have stated many times you are not going to be vacccinated. You consider it as an intrusion in your privacy.

I do not worry , was just saying situation in Australia ... it is shame that poor world can afford better vaccine and rich Australia say cheapest one is good for Australian ... not to mention we just started vaccinate people last few day , one of the last in the world

look above post from idjosko , poor Serbia can afford , rich Australia can not , what a shame

But we are the best in the world how much did rich take from richest continent in the world Australia
Last edited by tasman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 16:05 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts14,606
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,067

#13 by josealvesjr » Fri Feb 26, 2021 16:20

tasman1 wrote:
josealvesjr wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
It's Pfizer.

I do not worry , was just saying situation in Australia ... it is shame that poor world can afford better vaccine and rich Australia say cheapest one is good for Australian ... not to mention we just started vaccinate people last few day , one of the last in the world

look above post from idjosko , poor Serbia can afford , rich Australia can not , what a shame

But we are the best in the world how much did rich take from richest continent in the world Australia

Many countries rich or poor take what they can get their hands on regardless if it is Sputnik V, Pfizer, Oxford/AstraZeneca,Covaxin or Sinovac. They are all approved as for EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATED VACCINES.
If the world was not in such despair non of these vaccines would have been approved yet.
josealvesjr
Posts1,497
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given341
Likes Received1,115/717

#14 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 18:22

valerie wrote: Anyone here had it yet?

No, there are priorities here they are giving it to the older folks first, those above 70 and 80, for the younger ones it will have to wait. Our muppet of a PM said all Canadians will be vaccinated by September of this year, if lucky :lol: So translated to proper English this means by end 2022 all Canadians will be vaccinated, so to speak of course.

I'm not in a rush to be honest, I am concerned about the vaccine, it's not just about not liking the feeling of being stabbed with a 12 foot needle in my upper arm, it's the fear of being injected something that was made in a few months where normally a vaccine is made in years and is tested for long term effects. This time around they skipped this step - so no telling what the long term adverse effects will be, only time will tell. Besides, I am following ALL rules, so no danger for me to spread any virus because I am very strict, as to catching it, again, it is a risk I will live with, but I am extremely careful and avoid ANY situation where I can be exposed to the virus, so I will wait. For now I think those who should take it are the high risk population (health workers, elderly) and the people who have a social life :lol: people who cannot spend a bloody minute without being in a crowd, with people, or in situations where they can catch or transmit their snotty little virus. I know that mRNA has been studied for the last 20 years, but it has never been used in a vaccine before, so I am worried a little, it has nothing to with those stupid, silly, senseless conspiracy theories, I am just concerned about any effects, what if mRNA messes up your system. I studied biology and all, so I know how it works, but I am still concerned, you know even though there is a tiny % risk - given my luck, I would probably be the tiny % :mrgreen: also I am concerned of those adjuvents or whatever the hell they call them, other ingredients used alongside the vaccine, if they can cause cancer, neurological diseases or other - so yes in my studies I learned about cells and all DNA etc and that the mRNA does not modify your core DNA, but still, life can surprise you, what if something goes wrong.............

and no I don't believe we will turn into Zombies or Crocodiles or bearded women, but there have been people who have ended up with permanent health problems after vaccines, it's documented, albeit a small %, but again given my luck, I would be that small %. If only I can be lucky in winning money :P but nope that's not how it works.

Also pharmaceuticals have a history of deceit and safety issues / recalls. For pharmas, the bottom line comes first, they don't give a shit about anybody's well being, all that matters is keeping their stock prices attractive for shareholders and their own pockets, even if it t urns out that there are issues in the long term, they will pay a few billions of $ in settlements, and they will still be trillions of $ in profits, so before someone stabs me in the arm with a few months old vaccine, I want to find out first if it's safe and if it actually works..... So far there doesn't seem to be any indicator that it works - cases have not significantly dropped, and now the new shitty variants coming up which will once again create a surge in cases. Might be best to wait for revised vaccines base don the new variants.

For those who are working in health care or caregivers or students or people who are social or engaged in activities exposing them to a risk, SHOULD get the vaccine - because their risk of not getting it far outweighs the risk of getting the vaccine. That said, even if you take the vaccine, you can STILL shed and spread the virus.......

I'm guessing that you took your vaccine Valerie, be careful, this doesn't mean that you can go back to normal, not only does a vaccine take a few weeks to be fully effective, mask wearing and sanitary measures will need to be continued for a long time, in order to prevent a surge and continued community spread. The vaccine can be a good thing and a bad thing because people might think that the vaccine is the holy grail and that we will return to normalcy......yeah fat chance, nobody should expect anywhere close to normal for at least until mid 2022.

There are several vaccines, it seems Pfizer and Moderna are the most effective with some of the variants.
AstraZenicks is only 62% effective for moderate cases. And the vaccine from China (Sinovac) is said to be similarly effective to the Astra one, that's not much, the FDA only requires a minimum of 50%. The one from China uses a viral vector method, whereas the Pfizer/Moderna uses mRNA - it's interesting that the one from China uses proven methods yet less effective, hopefully the mRNA proves to be safe long term, this will be a MAJOR advance - it means future vaccines can be easily developed for any future virus / pandemic China or other countries send our way :D
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829
Likes Received11,911/6,198

#15 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 18:24

Arvind9 wrote: No slowing people are getting aware that we have about 7 Variants of Coronavirus and the Vaccine that the government is giving will not be effective against all of them,actually states within our country are imposing restrictions on our own citizens from crossing boundaries from one state to another they want that people should have a negative Coronavirus test taken 48 hours before arrival a vaccine will not be recognized its becoming more of an political issue,in my city Mumbai no one from another state is allowed without the test because numbers are rising again and state governments feel its comming in from outside there can be no end to it unless some strict measures are taken

It's up to the mRNA vaccine makers to move their arses and start developing vaccines for the new variants, it would take them around 6 weeks to develop the new vaccines. Yeah sounds like fun huh ? People having to go over and over to get new shots to adapt to new variants, yeah I'm sure people will be eager to get a dozen vaccines - nice ! :D
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#16 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 18:30

josealvesjr wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
It's Pfizer.

It's complex, it is less effective by a much bigger margin with variants compared to Pfizer, and much less effective for moderate cases, and even severe cases, less effective, so far 2 doses of the Pfizer and Moderna have the highest efficacy of the vaccines tested.

The big concern now is the NEW variant discovered in New York (will they call it the New York variant ? :D) this variant is the worst found so far, and they claim could be the most resistant - no problem, people should not start to panic about variants - mass hysteria won't make things better - new variants CAN be managed, they did it in the UK, so they can do it elsewhere, just more discipline is all, and Pfizer can adapt their vaccines to new predominant variants, no problems there - the more people get the vaccine the better, before the storm of variants - the lower community spread, the slower it takes for new variants to form. Even if the vaccine efficacy is lower with variant, ANY protection is still better than no protection, and in most cases protection will always be above 50%. Pfizer is studying now the effects of 3rd dose against variants, ahahahaha great, just what we need, 3 vaccines, my arm feels sore just writing this :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#17 by Madison91 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 19:27

I've had the vaccine last week, after Chen Wei's team published the data from the third phase of the trial. In China, the recommended age for the vaccine is 18-59. The vaccine is not a magic pill, it is only a preventive measure, and wearing a mask and washing hands after the vaccine will still last for some time.
Madison91
Posts241
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitToday
Likes Given141
Likes Received126/90

#18 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 19:31

Madison91 wrote: I've had the vaccine last week, after Chen Wei's team published the data from the third phase of the trial. In China, the recommended age for the vaccine is 18-59. The vaccine is not a magic pill, it is only a preventive measure, and wearing a mask and washing hands after the vaccine will still last for some time.

EXACTLY, unfortunately people in the rest of the world don't seem to understand that, that's why the pandemic may last a few more years in other countries. But what about older people in China, is the vaccine any less effective ? It's surprising that China has the lowest efficacy on vaccines, I would have believed that they would have released a vaccine with the most efficacy - I guess the population really doesn't need the vaccine since strict measures are applied, unlike this part of the world ;) I wish people all across the planet could understand that the vaccine is not the magic pill that will end the pandemic - I think wearing masks and distancing should be a new normal now, everywhere, :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#19 by Madison91 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 19:47

Now I can't find any statistics on how many people in China have been vaccinated, but very few anyway.The vaccine can be given to people over the age of 59, but it is not recommended at this time. Because Chen Wei's team did not have a sample group below 18 and above 59 for their vaccine test. The inactivated vaccine is not as effective as the rna vaccine, but it is very safe. I do hope that the first use of the rna vaccine will be successful, though, as that would be a breakthrough in medicine.
Madison91
Posts241
Member Since8 Apr 2019
Last VisitToday
Likes Given141
Likes Received126/90

#20 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 20:24

Madison91 wrote: Now I can't find any statistics on how many people in China have been vaccinated, but very few anyway.The vaccine can be given to people over the age of 59, but it is not recommended at this time. Because Chen Wei's team did not have a sample group below 18 and above 59 for their vaccine test. The inactivated vaccine is not as effective as the rna vaccine, but it is very safe. I do hope that the first use of the rna vaccine will be successful, though, as that would be a breakthrough in medicine.

It would however keep in mind mRNA has been studied for the last 20 years, it may be new for vaccines, but the method has been studied - so in theory it should be safe, as far as China's viral vector vaccine it is a proven method, it is safe but these vaccines have always been less effective - whereas mRNA in theory would be more effective, I guess we'll see, if there are a growing amount of Zombies you'll know why, I have watched Michael Jackson's thriller many times so I can learn the choreography of the Zombie dance at the end, just in case :mrgreen:

In theory both viral vector and mRNA should produce similar results, the China vaccine uses an inactivated virus to carry the instructions, and the mRNA uses your own cell to manufacture the spike proteins, it works along the theory that the compromised cell will eventually be stopped by the immune system so you don't produce those spikes in an endless loop, BUT what if something goes wrong - I mean in theory it cannot modify with your genetic code, but can it cause complications like autoimmune disease or something else, we'll know in a few years I guess, I don't trust big pharmas, and vaccines that took only months to create where they could not test long term efficacy is risky, especially with a method never used before. mRNA is not new, but its use in vaccine is a gamble, if it fails, then we have a big problem, it will be chaos ! world will go into a deep depression, unless of course China and other vaccine makers are ready to supply the rest of the world with non mRNA vaccines :D

The good thing with mRNA is that these vaccines work better with variants, and can easily be adapted in a matter of weeks, so if variants become a problem in China, you'll need the mRNA vaccines, but I'm guessing since community spread is so low, you probably don't have dominant variants anyway.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 17, 2021 22:18:34 EST