Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWalmart in my area - TP = 0
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Walmart in my area - TP = 0

#1 by valerie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54

My sister and I went to Walmart three days in a run.

I'll refer to them as 1st Walmart and 2nd Walmart.

1st Walmart nearest to us I had to pick up my meds. We picked up some other items too.

2nd Walmart, the next day we went to the furtherest Walmart to pick up some items that is
not carried in the 1st Walmart or was out of stock at the 1st.

1st Walmart went to today, to pick up meds they forgot to give me.

What we noticed is, the shelves are getting empty again. Neither Walmart had toilet paper.
None. Neither Walmart had wee wee pads. Yes, I thought the wee wee pads being totally
out was odd. Fortunately, I have plenty of both (my little dog uses wee wee pads).

We also noticed many items out of stock or very low stock.

I just found it so strange there was 0 toilet paper and 0 wee wee pads at both Walmarts.
valerie
Posts20,782
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,068
Likes Received18,836/7,756

#2 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 13:03

Told you , same here , and not just TP , every week you see more empty shelves

Soon it will be hard to tell if we did enter modern 2020 world store or 1970 Russian empty store
tasman1
Posts14,005
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,507
Likes Received14,082/7,236

#3 by Darkstar2 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 13:20

valerie wrote: My sister and I went to Walmart three days in a run.

I'll refer to them as 1st Walmart and 2nd Walmart.

1st Walmart nearest to us I had to pick up my meds. We picked up some other items too.

2nd Walmart, the next day we went to the furtherest Walmart to pick up some items that is
not carried in the 1st Walmart or was out of stock at the 1st.

No 3rd one ? :P Here we go again it was only a matter of time before another shortage happens, you see, before people were focused on the elections, they were too busy to go to the toilet :mrgreen: Now that elections are over, no thanks to the thieves who stole the election, now people are focusing on COVID19 again, the big scare, people are so worried that they won't have enough to wipe their bums, they don't care about running out of fruity loops, captain's crunch or SPAM, liver and onions, Brussels Sprouts, pizza, bread, NO, toilet paper is like 24k gold, so people are ready now to take out their rifles, guns and AK-45, rocket launchers and grenades to fight one another for good old toilet paper - Yet the companies making those promised that they were ready and that there would be no shortage, goes to show how "NOT" too ready anybody was for this second wave everybody KNEW would happen MAYBE, just MAYBE, at WAVE # 10 people will be ready :mrgreen:

SO people will have to get creative again - get out the circular saw, cut paper towel rolls in 3 or just use sanding paper :lol:

The winter is barely starting and already low on stock, this is concerning - this wave has just only begun, with holidays approaching people will get their arse drunk for xmas, gather, party, crowd, and F the rules basically, watch COVID19 cases EXPLODE in the new year, I mean 3-4 times what they are now, imagine............Anybody still hoping for an economic recovery in 2021, they are severely mistaken - this pandemic has signed a new death warrant for 2021. it's going to get real ugly before getting better, the worst is yet to come - the DRUNKS of xmas will be to blame and the party goers of course, nobody should dare complain of shut downs and restrictions after new year, you can't have your cake and eat it, people want to party and ignore the rules, they will pay the price in 2021 where they will spend most of 2021 under house arrest, and watch their 401k drop by 40%......it won't be Biden's fault, but the idiots who did not do their part to stop the spread.

As to Walmart, do you buy ALL your stuff there ? Aren't there other stores ? I don't think you have a Costco in your area, you are likely to find TP elsewhere, although more expensive, have you tried looking elsewhere ? If you still can't find any, no worries, Biden will make sure every American gets free toilet paper :D
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701
Likes Received11,747/6,073

#4 by Darkstar2 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 13:26

tasman1 wrote: Told you , same here , and not just TP , every week you see more empty shelves

Soon it will be hard to tell if we did enter modern 2020 world store or 1970 Russian empty store

:lol: There's no such thing as a Russian empty store ;) They might as well now add TP as a commodity, alongside orange juice, coffee, beans, wheat and sugar :P TP would rank at #1 ...
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701

#5 by josealvesjr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 14:26

Toilet paper here in Brazil is used and available in all toilets but almost all households have a bidet shower what is a hand-held triggered nozzle that is placed near the toilet and delivers a spray of water used for cleansing and cleaning of the ***** after using the toilet. The device is similar to that on a kitchen sink sprayer. This reduces the use of toilet paper. Install one it is more hygienic and you are rid of the toilet paper mass hysteria.
josealvesjr
Posts1,416
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given309
Likes Received1,045/668

#6 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:01

U.S. dollar is dying , T.P. is rising

Biden will declare TP as official U.S. money in 2021

Save all TP , even used one and you will be rich in 2021
tasman1
Posts14,005
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,507

#7 by josealvesjr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:08

You can even try to use it on both sides.
josealvesjr
Posts1,416
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given309
Likes Received1,045/668

#8 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:30

josealvesjr wrote: You can even try to use it on both sides.

Yes , but , some say plain clean side will have value of 1 dollar but another ,, painted ,, side will have value of 10 dollar
tasman1
Posts14,005
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,507

#9 by josealvesjr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 15:58

I don´t know what goes through peoples heads when you prioritize tp as the first thing you´re after. If there is a looming scarcity of food items wouldn´t that mean and result in less number two´s. :lol: :lol:
josealvesjr
Posts1,416
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given309
Likes Received1,045/668

#10 by Darkstar2 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 17:09

josealvesjr wrote: Toilet paper here in Brazil is used and available in all toilets but almost all households have a bidet shower what is a hand-held triggered nozzle that is placed near the toilet and delivers a spray of water used for cleansing and cleaning of the ***** after using the toilet. The device is similar to that on a kitchen sink sprayer. This reduces the use of toilet paper. Install one it is more hygienic and you are rid of the toilet paper mass hysteria.

Thanks for the intricate details :lol: I've never used one myself but I think I get the picture - there are the hand held ones and there are the actual automatic JETS that are installed in the toilet bowl, so all you do is sit down and let the car wash run its course :lol: My concern with bidets, is that they only cleanse superficially (unless you insert the nozzle deep, unlike toilet paper which you can wipe deeper for a perfect squeaky clean arse, I'm sure bidet leaves "residue" that yo don't see, that is deep - also you still have to dry your arse from the shower, otherwise leaving it moist and wet might harbour bacteria, etc, think I'll stick with TP, besides with Biden in power and his "green economy" crap, banning of all petrol cars and only allowing electric vehicles, he will likely ban TP also, he will offer ALL Americans a bidet, with adjustable nozzles, and speed, complete with an application to track your sessions :P

tasman1 wrote: U.S. dollar is dying , T.P. is rising

Biden will declare TP as official U.S. money in 2021

Save all TP , even used one and you will be rich in 2021

Don't you think that's over the top Tasman1 ? Nothing is dying yet, the US dollar is stable somewhat, the only things dying in America are 1) Democracy 2) Common sense :D Give it another couple of years until the US dollar loses its value, after Biden runs up the deficit and debt with all his massive spending bills and printing of money, hopefully a Republican Senate majority will delay this abomination ! The only real spending Biden should focus on is getting America out of this deep hole it is in right now, now is not a good time to focus on green this green that....

josealvesjr wrote: You can even try to use it on both sides.

You almost had me confused there, I wasn't sure you were referring to the TP, or the bidet :P

josealvesjr wrote: I don´t know what goes through peoples heads when you prioritize tp as the first thing you´re after. If there is a looming scarcity of food items wouldn´t that mean and result in less number two´s. :lol: :lol:

Trying to understand people's logic, they figure that it's very unlikely that ALL food will disappear, and in worst case, people would have to eat dog food :mrgreen: Either way, even if you didn't eat at all, your body is still producing secretions, bile, etc, so you WILL still poop, maybe less, and maybe with more difficulty, so since going to the toilet for #2s is a common daily activity, TP has become a must have, you can NEVER run out of TP and not every family is keen on the idea of using wet towels - some families share a common wet towel / rag (YUCK) I saw a documentary on that, how disgusting -and they put that in the washing machine, the same one that washes all the other clothes, NOW what I'm intrigued about is why are people hoarding TP, people are buying packs at a time as if they are hoarding for the entire year :mrgreen: I guess it depends on people's eating habits. OPTIMALLY if you eat well and have proper stools, you would not even need TP, just 1 or 2 squares will do, as your stools would be "dry".......but with today's food consumption habits in North America, stools are wet and require thorough wiping - That's why I don't think a bidet would be a good match for North American homes, people nowadays consume fast food, highly processed foods, sugar galore, etc, An OPTIMAL human stool is a dry stool, technically no human would ever need to use TP, but I guess with "devolution" and changing eating habits and drinking, things change I guess some people have less than optimal guts.

I've NEVER ran out of TP before, and I never needed to hoard TP, I guess if you have a big family of 15 under the same roof, odds are you will need lots of TP, more so than for a party of 1 :D

Now what's for dinner ? :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701

#11 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 17:21

josealvesjr , My English is bad , same as my sight so I did not understand why in Brazil you all use Biden as a shower , how can one be at every place at same moment and clean you all ?
tasman1
Posts14,005
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,507

#12 by valerie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 17:51

Bidet is nice in the summer but if you use it in the cold months, you will have ice on your butt.
You'll need a blow dryer or place butt over heating vent. Fireplace is probably best, just be very
careful not to burn your balls off. :lol:

Actually, I order large bulk items primarily online and usually at Walmart online. I buy stuff
like toilet paper, paper towels, wee wee pads, paper plates, paper bowls, dish liquid, washing
machine laundry pods, etc. Not all the time but I'd say 95% of the time I order that stuff so
I don't need to bother with it inside the store.

The town I live in does not have much of anything. It almost amazes me it has what it has
since the population is only about 2,000. It has a bank, grocery, dollar store, post office,
Dairy Queen, three gas stations, a few off the beaten path stores in the little court square area.
It also has a school and a park. BUT it is surrounding by resort areas (lake).

Walmart 1 is less than 15 minute drive.
Walmart 2 is less than 25 minute drive.

Most household items I purchase at Walmart. It's handiest. Online it's free shipping with
orders of $35 and usually received in 2 to 4 days.

I order items from Amazon also but it's stuff that I may not find locally like dog items.

I purchase items from Lowes at times, gardening supplies, outdoor equipment, lightning,
paint, etc.

I also purchase apparel, clothing, shoes, at Macy's and other department stores.

When needing an item or two such as bread, I run over to the local dollar store or local
grocery store.

I'm really not sure why they run out of toilet paper. I am guessing that they simply don't
keep toilet paper in large supplies inside the stores. It takes up a lot of shelf space and
obviously it would take up a lot of stock space. So no doubt people are buying extra so
that they don't have to get out as much.

Wonderful conversation we're having. You can see why they don't want to pay me a
stipend here.
valerie
Posts20,782
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,068

#13 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 17:56

You worry to much Valerie , I did read here that Admin will pay you in TP , One roll per year you was working here
tasman1
Posts14,005
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,507

#14 by valerie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 18:06

Oh the joy! :roll:
valerie
Posts20,782
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,068

#15 by dutch1898 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 18:20

This forum has gone to sh.t :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dutch1898
Posts1,372
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last Visit15 Dec 2020
Likes Given1,025
Likes Received1,815/877

#16 by Darkstar2 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 18:58

valerie wrote: Bidet is nice in the summer but if you use it in the cold months, you will have ice on your butt.

Well unless you are living directly on glaciers I don't think that would happen - As far as the summer, for those without a bidet, I guess the good o'l garden hose will do :D

Quote:
You'll need a blow dryer or place butt over heating vent. Fireplace is probably best, just be very
careful not to burn your balls off. :lol:

Modern toilet bowl / bidet combos in the high end range, not in the range most people can afford, contains jets and a dryer - problem is that TP creates waste. Nowadays toilet bowls conserve water and have smaller tanks, so you must not flush the TP down the toilet anymore, so without TP it would save more waste, but I don't think people would use a bidet properly and it might create other problems too. People who are born in countries where bidets are common and used from the beginning, I guess people are used to it, and they would find using TP strange.

Quote:
Actually, I order large bulk items primarily online and usually at Walmart online. I buy stuff
like toilet paper, paper towels, wee wee pads, paper plates, paper bowls, dish liquid, washing
machine laundry pods, etc. Not all the time but I'd say 95% of the time I order that stuff so
I don't need to bother with it inside the store.

How does ordering so many stuff like that online works, how are they delivered to you, in large boxes, is it one person that lifts everything and brings them to your door ? I never imagined ordering groceries online, it's always convenient to pick stuff you want yourself and touch them with your own hands.

Quote:
The town I live in does not have much of anything. It almost amazes me it has what it has
since the population is only about 2,000. It has a bank, grocery, dollar store, post office,
Dairy Queen, three gas stations, a few off the beaten path stores in the little court square area.
It also has a school and a park. BUT it is surrounding by resort areas (lake).

That sounds like a paradise compared to densely populated metropolitan areas :D

Quote:
Walmart 1 is less than 15 minute drive.
Walmart 2 is less than 25 minute drive.

and Walmart 3 right across the lake ? :P

Quote:
Most household items I purchase at Walmart. It's handiest. Online it's free shipping with
orders of $35 and usually received in 2 to 4 days.

Does it come by Walmart's own carrier or USPS or other ? Does the price include delivery and tips ? I'm assuming that all this gets delivered through some Uber type service, you gotta pay a fee + tip + + + it's quite expensive to have food and restaurant orders delivered this way. But if you think about it, it's better to do all shopping in person, because it's the only excuse you get out of the house in a time of pandemic lock down :D

Quote:
I purchase items from Lowes at times, gardening supplies, outdoor equipment, lightning,
paint, etc.

That's a first, I got to buy me one of those :P Does it include the thunder or must you buy it separately ? :lol:

Quote:
I'm really not sure why they run out of toilet paper. I am guessing that they simply don't
keep toilet paper in large supplies inside the stores. It takes up a lot of shelf space and
obviously it would take up a lot of stock space. So no doubt people are buying extra so
that they don't have to get out as much.

Strange reason though, because what you see on a shelf in a store is not ALL the inventory. They keep most of the stuff inside warehouses, once the shelf is empty, it gets restocked (SHOULD) the following cycle, and suppliers continually keep the supply chain replenished - I guess people are hoarding TP faster than the restock cycle, a store can restock and within minutes it's gone :D I guess people don't rush for the soap, shampoo, etc, maybe people will be at home more during the pandemic, so using their toilets more, eating more, requiring more TP I guess. I've heard stories of people stealing TP from their work place to bring home, anything is possible. There are videos online showing people stealing TP from other people's carts when they are not looking, even though they had already a large stock. It's amazing the trouble people go through, the fights......During the first wave, it was the same for masks, gloves and alcohol, now here you can find masks everywhere full stock, and alcohol, etc, and so far it seems there is enough supply of TP, I guess Canada even though is getting rapidly worse, we are still better than the US in terms of of cases, even when taking into consideration we have 1/10th of the population but our cases per capita are MUCH smaller, the only 2 provinces in Canada that are the WORST and make up most of Canada's numbers are Ontario and Quebec. Remove those 2 provinces from the count, and Canada would have very low cases.

Quote:
Wonderful conversation we're having. You can see why they don't want to pay me a
stipend here.

That's BS - the conversations here are far better than a lot of other forums that focus too much on the actual product and nothing else, so conventional, and conventional is boring -Trump knows that best :lol:

They don't want to pay a stipend because that's how companies are, I think companies that pay the mods are situations where the mod is an actual employee and modding is just a side task - often companies like to keep costs at its lowest and have their employees do multiple tasks - for example they would handle support and modding etc.
I don't think any PTC / GPT pay their mods, at most maybe in perks or bonuses. The ones that get paid are large corporations where the mods are part of the official staff, and usually the discussions there are entirely focused on the actual company itself and its product and services, in a support capacity. NOT a general discussion forum, I do not think any site owner would pay a mod for a general discussion forum, or it would be extremely rare. Prodege's support is CRAP with a capital CRAP :D if they knew better, they would understand the VALUE of a forum, which is FAR BETTER than generic text book Zendesk support with canned generic answers, so you have to PAY for that, I guess part of the problem is that people have gladly freely volunteered their services - so companies have gotten used to that.
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701

#17 by valerie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 21:32

Delivery through Walmart is usually by way of FedEx. It is one delivery person per
truck unless they are training another person, then it would be two. I don't think
they are allowed to take tips. There are people that may hand them a bottle of water
or something like that but really no need to.

The products are shipped in box's. Nothing different really then anything else you
would order. The other day I ordered two large packages of TP and an air fryer. It
all came in the same large box. Some times the order may come in more than one
box or even on separate days. It depends on the warehouse that is shipping that
product. Items are some times packed with crumpled paper or air bags.

Well, I don't need to touch toilet paper or any of that stuff. I know what I use and
many same items I have used for years. I also see it inside the Walmart when I am
there and I might say to self 'self, I will wait and order that online'.

Here is a real example for you. The past few days, at both Walmarts I went to, they
did not have a 9 volt rechargeable battery. I told my sister, I'll just order it online.
In this case, I might order the battery from Walmart online and I would order some
other items as well, to at least meet the $35 free shipping fee. Maybe vitamins, maybe
q-tips, maybe shampoo, maybe Kleenex, maybe maybe maybe. Whatever else I need
at the time. I don't need to touch those items in order to know what they are.

Ordering online at Walmart is very handy in many ways. Let's just say I received
something I did not like. I can easily drop it off at a fedex store but just as easy
I can take it to the Walmart service desk to return it.

By the way, I have never been inside a Costco. We don't have Costco in my area.

Well there are other Walmarts around here but the two I mentioned are the two I
primarily go to.

Yeah, it's an old quiet town. I guess you could say it is a fair place to retire. Many
people here have boats, campers, 5th wheels.

You have to stand outside at Lowes during a thunder storm. Once the lightning
strikes you, you have to pay Lowes for the hit.

I believe in good support. I really really really believe that ALL businesses should
have excellent support in place. I also believe any and all issues that arise, should
be fixed as soon as possible.

The way it has been handled around here since the take over, has been extremely
poor. I don't know why. You know how much money I have made here this Nov?
I think I've done $0.05 cents worth. It's a turn off. Plain and simple. There is too
many errors for me. My motivation has been null in regards to doing surveys/offers
here. Why? Too many errors. Dupe ID's. Dead Surveys. Boots. Bad Track.
Low Reward. No Reward. Incorrect Reward.

This month has been busy for me offline and online with other things. But I do what
I say I will do and moderate the forums every day. I'll continue to do so until next
year.
valerie
Posts20,782
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,068

#18 by Darkstar2 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 22:51

valerie wrote: Delivery through Walmart is usually by way of FedEx. It is one delivery person per
truck unless they are training another person, then it would be two. I don't think
they are allowed to take tips. There are people that may hand them a bottle of water
or something like that but really no need to.

Yes during the hot summer months :D Though now with the pandemic deliveries are contact free.
But imagine if you place a large grocery order, I would think they would be shipped in boxes, not typical grocery bags :D FedEx has a reputation of hurling boxes on your property - OK I know you have cameras so that might deter them :P but if it is one person (the driver) I would think he would need several trips to deliver the boxes, if there is more than one. It would be nice if future properties had underground conveyor belts with a trap door above, the delivery would simply just slide in the grocery items on the conveyor belts that lead directly into your kitchen :mrgreen: OR in the future drones will just drop the packages down the chimney :lol:

Quote:
The products are shipped in box's. Nothing different really then anything else you
would order. The other day I ordered two large packages of TP and an air fryer. It
all came in the same large box. Some times the order may come in more than one
box or even on separate days. It depends on the warehouse that is shipping that
product. Items are some times packed with crumpled paper or air bags.

But aren't these boxes HEAVY ? I see people order 60 inch TVs online, these are quite heavy, how does 1 driver carry these heavy boxes alone down the property, up the stairs, etc. As to air fryer interesting, I am researching that thinking about it, let me know if it is worth it, is it all hype ? safe ? etc.

Quote:
Here is a real example for you. The past few days, at both Walmarts I went to, they
did not have a 9 volt rechargeable battery. I told my sister, I'll just order it online.
In this case, I might order the battery from Walmart online and I would order some
other items as well, to at least meet the $35 free shipping fee. Maybe vitamins, maybe
q-tips, maybe shampoo, maybe Kleenex, maybe maybe maybe. Whatever else I need
at the time. I don't need to touch those items in order to know what they are.

Whatever you do don't order those batteries on Amazon :D There is a lot of counterfeit crap there, guess where they come from ? Yep you guessed right :mrgreen:

Quote:
By the way, I have never been inside a Costco. We don't have Costco in my area.

It's a club warehouse type of store, it's huge, you can buy basically anything there from food groceries to electronics, everything, and some items are much less expensive. With Costco you can buy larger version of items at lower prices than you would buying them individually elsewhere. For example, toilet paper packages are bigger. Detergent containers are bigger, if you like nuts, you can get bigger jars of nuts, then you have Costco's own brand Kirkland. For Kleenex you have a huge pack of them rather than buying them individually or small packs. They have a pharmacy, concessions, etc, you can make a big shopping trip at Costco it will cost you $$$ but you will have a bigger quantity, and it would cost you much less than buying the same quantity individually....you have to be a smart shopped though because it doesn't apply to all items.

If you don't mind buying in bulk and bigger packages, then Costco is a good place, it can save you frequent shopping trips. Cooking oil comes in a bigger package, if you buy salt, it comes in packs of 3, comes to less than buying individual. You can buy lettuce in bulk, produce, fruits, vegetables, and they have a fresh bakery section, cakes, pies, bread, a frozen section where you can buy boxes of breaded fish, chicken, chips, ice cream, even fruit cake, :D anything you can imagine ! We have many Costco here and Walmart as well, I think we have pretty much everything.
Costco makes money on volume. Costco also has a generous return policy of 90 days on most items.

Quote:
You have to stand outside at Lowes during a thunder storm. Once the lightning
strikes you, you have to pay Lowes for the hit.

I'm sure you meant LIGHTNING instead of LIGHTNING :lol: see I did the same typo :P Let's try again. LIGHTING ! :mrgreen:

Quote:
I believe in good support. I really really really believe that ALL businesses should
have excellent support in place. I also believe any and all issues that arise, should
be fixed as soon as possible.

Company sites with paid mods I believe are companies where the forum is an integral part of the company and used as a support capacity. This is not the case here and on GPT, forums are just a perk, an addon for members, not an integral part of a company and not useful to a company, but it does not have to be this way, I think ALL GPT sites should make a forum an integral part of their business.

Quote:
The way it has been handled around here since the take over, has been extremely
poor. I don't know why.

I'm surprised you wrote this - this is typical of acquisition Valerie. When you go from a mom & pop business or one man business into the realms of big business multi site operator, you will see day and night. Prodege is not unique in this, the horrible end-user support is an issue with a lot of businesses. Can't compare the service you get from a mom and pop business vs. big business, and even less a multi site operator which likely are using the same developers and support people for ALL their sites, so what you get is GENERIC support, if you can even call it support. I am not surprised as at all Valerie, I've gone through A LOT of acquisitions in my time online, and in ALL of those I have seen the same thing, things getting WORSE, not better - it gets better for the company ACQUIRING and of course the seller, but not at all for the company being acquired and its end users. I've been a member of Greenfield Online a GREAT survey panel in the day, before they were acquired by Toluna, support was top notch, surveys paid $5 minimum, most of them $25 or more. I won $100 twice in sweepstakes. I participated in many $50-$75 1 hour focus groups.......When Toluna acquired them it became garbage, Toluna's own panel was plagued with ridiculous policies, a $50 minimum cash out, POINTS, weeks to months to receive points after a survey closes, HORRIBLE support, very low paid surveys, I quit the direct panel eventually. Another example, Opinion Outpost, one of the best, $3-$10 surveys or more, great support, they were acquired one day by SSI, where things went downhill, horrible support, surveys most of the time < 70 cents....... There have been MANY acquisitions in the industry, I have not seen ONE worthy where I could say the site became better. As far as ySense vs. CS, yes the support is horrible, I do see very few improvements though, the survey to complete ratio is much higher here, as much as 4x, sadly, this does not translate into higher earnings, just less time going through survey invites, but the rates here are very low. The other improvements are PayPal and FAST payments, Unfortunately as far as surveys things are not CONSISTENT here, and everyone is not on the same playing field, it was more uniform on CS, here you are likely to have a few good months and the rest just horrible. I've had some of my best months here in the summer, really impressed, but I KNEW it would be short lived, unfortunately the rest of the year is bad generally, survey rates have gone lower and lower over time here. One thing though, things in the first few months of launch where better than I expected, despite the issues, it was frustrating to see that things got worse and worse over the months. If I had to compare ALL acquisitions I have gone through, I would say that ClixSense to ySense is the least of the worst - why because other acquisitions I have experienced have DRASTICALLY changed policies, look and operations. In the case of ySense they have retained a lot of CS's policies, looks and opportunities, with even some improvements in some areas, unfortunately, support is not one of them, in fact, support here is just as bad as what I have seen elsewhere, and unfortunately here earnings are not consistent month to month, too many off quota and junk invites lately, day after day, YET usually at this time of year I would have my best month, so far this month low 2 figures. So yeah on the positive side, CS to ySense is not as bad as other acquisitions I have seen BUT as far as earnings and surveys it has consistency issues and has more to go, a good balance of good and bad months is ideal, but when you have 3-4 good months and the rest is horrible, it means overall things are bad........those few months do not make up for all the bad months. On CS, year after year things were consistent, BUT on CS it took MORE clicks to get completes so MORE time - but higher earnings, though I have seen some very bad months on CS too, especially in 2019, things were getting really bad on CS, and I would attribute this to the site focusing on acquisition and may have already integrated some of it.

Quote:

You know how much money I have made here this Nov?
I think I've done $0.05 cents worth. It's a turn off. Plain and simple. There is too
many errors for me. My motivation has been null in regards to doing surveys/offers
here. Why? Too many errors. Dupe ID's. Dead Surveys. Boots. Bad Track.
Low Reward. No Reward. Incorrect Reward.

Wow I am shocked, do I have more motivation and will to work through the hard times, impossible, what's wrong ? :lol: Seriously working here on a daily basis is a major headache, motivation is destroyed when I go through the JUNK here, I would have quit ages ago, but something keeps me trying, because I have gotten many GREAT surveys lately, and the dupe IDs has never been an issue for me, it's just time consuming and annoying, and it's ironic but I had higher earnings with the dupe ID bug than I do now, it's just so annoying to scroll through 500 duplicate sand sift through all the off quota crap. I perfectly understand what you mean by loss of motivation, but still you should be able to earn more than 5 cents :D I would be shocked that Canadians are earning more, US have a lot of opportunities here more than anybody, yes a lot of surveys are low paid, but there are usually some higher paid ones on the list, I see a few of them from Samplicious and YS, PeanutLabs, etc, as far as dupe IDs the issue seems resolved for the most part now, dead surveys, yeah, not the majority, MORE so this month, but luckily not most, boots yeah even on CS it was an issue, bad track, hmmm, extremely rare lately, I've had issues with 2 unpaid surveys recently but again this month has been hectic, previous months were good. The amount of off quota and bad surveys are higher this month compared to previous months. As to low reward, I've had a few months of mostly high rewards surveys, did a few $10 surveys in the past months on consumer / shopping / specific topics, which was a shock. As to incorrect reward, the only time I have seen an incorrect reward here was Opinion World. That's why I said there is inconsistency here, you can see a few months of great results followed by months of pure crap, I think the HOPE of a good cycle is what keeps me here, that and I have nothing else - one thing that also keeps me here is the interesting surveys I take, I have taken many interesting surveys lately where I judged different packaging on food and beverage, I don't know if this site partners with a provider, but I see many of these kinds of surveys here that I did not see on CS, and they frequently release surveys, unfortunately, not enough to maintain high 3 figure earnings for 12 months :D But I always enjoy answering those surveys, I just wish to see more consistency in pay rates and the off quota surveys removed from the list.

Quote:
This month has been busy for me offline and online with other things. But I do what
I say I will do and moderate the forums every day. I'll continue to do so until next
year.

Don't forget to drop by and tell us about your Walmart experiences or share some stories, insight, to keep discussions alive :P

Yeah if I find a better opportunity, like I did in 2016-2018 freelance, 4 figure a month, I would definitely focus my time elsewhere, BUT I never completely closed the doors to CS, it's just I was not focused into tasks and surveys, and posted less frequently on forum, but still did, glad I did not close the doors, I've been seriously hurt and betrayed by the company I helped and worked for for 4+ years by 3 evil people, people should never close doors, sometimes the grass may be greener on the other side, but it may hide some nasty snakes.

My main goal is to find better earning opportunity and REMOTE work, but I will always be on this site to some capacity for nostalgia, but I want to somehow shift away from ALL focus on surveys, I don't know how things will evolve around here, will things get better or not I am slowly losing hope, they keep adding ridiculous earning opportunities, I mean offer walls with ridiculous offers, one time offers, low pay, and this new 5 cent for receipt thing is not something that is too interesting, unless someone is a frequent shopper and has loads of recent receipts, but if you have the kind of money to shop A LOT to get loads of receipts to earn well, you would not be here. The lack of new routers is the issue, many good routers went out of business (LiveSample was one of them) many routers stopped delivering surveys through survey networks (GlobalTestMarket), these 2 were some of the high paid routers. $1.25 x4 times daily for GTM, and $1 x 2 daily LiveSample......I expect in coming years other routers to fold and new acquisitions, more lower rates, etc.

I am honestly not shocked to see members here earn 5-6 figures, or who earned that much since day 1 of CS........certainly not from tasks and surveys, those are top affiliates, if people could earn $100k from surveys, many would quit their day job)s) :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701

#19 by valerie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 07:03

FedEx does not have one box on their trucks. :lol:
The trucks are loaded with deliveries.

Items ordered at Walmart for delivery, usually come by way of FedEx. This includes grocery
items that are not cold food items. People can order cold food items too if they want to go
to the Walmart physically and pick up the order. When ordering groceries for pick up, you do
not go inside the Walmart store. You park in the pick up location, they come out and put the
groceries in your vehicle.

FedEx, USPS, and other delivery services do deliver heavy items. That's why they have
dollys in their trucks. If something is too heavy, they put it on the dolly. In regards to
throwing packages, I'd say most do not do that. The FedEx and USPS delivery guys and
gals in my area, never have thrown packages.

I like my air fryer. Depends on what brand you get. I have an 8 quart Gourmia. Normally it
sells for approximately $120.00 but was on Black Friday deal at Walmart for $49.00. It had
a lot of great reviews so I chose it. I like it because it is simple to use and can choose pre-
sets like 'fries', 'seafood', etc and has minus and plus signs to raise or lower cook time and
temperature. It also has a bake button. I've cooked a lot of different foods in it and it does
work great. For foods such as fries, the first time I simply put them in their after peeling.
They were brown, moist inside, and chewy outside. I realized I need to put some oil on them
so after that, I pour about a teaspoon of oil in a bowl and mix the fries in the bowl along with
lots of salt (I like my fries salty). They came out perfect, crispy on the outside.

Ya, I know what Costco is, we just don't have them around here. I am not sure why but we
don't. We have Sams Club stores. Similar to Costco in that there are products sold in bulk.

No, I meant lightning. Yes, I meant lighting. When I bought this house I went to Lowes and
purchase several new fixtures, not to mention other items.

This is the only forum I have ever NOT been paid to moderate. I've moderated a few over the
years, not just GPT or PTC and yes, even those I was paid a monthly stipend. I've never known
any not to pay their moderators a weekly or monthly stipend. The exception might be a ma pa
GPT/PTC or family run something.

I didn't say I couldn't earn more than .5 cents. I was saying I have not been motivated this
month. I've had a lot to do offline and else where. Some times one has to prioritize and this
month, spending time on surveys that may be a dupe, kick me out, not apply the reward, was
far from priority for me. One day I clicked on some low centers in the ySense Offers and that
was as far as my motivation carried me. :lol:

I would suggest you start a blog.

Step out of your comfort zone and do it. You will find you like it and you'll make money.
valerie
Posts20,782
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,068

#20 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 17:27

valerie wrote: FedEx does not have one box on their trucks. :lol:
The trucks are loaded with deliveries.

I know that obviously carriers have a delivery route for more than one customer :D I've had stuff delivered by them before, never groceries or very large items. The largest I have ever ordered are full computer upgrades, that came in large boxes, but nowhere as heavy as groceries, like I said my conveyor belt idea might be innovative, conveyor belts from all grocery stores directly to people's homes, no need for delivery - the store clerks just put items on the belts and they travel to their destinations :D

Quote:
Items ordered at Walmart for delivery, usually come by way of FedEx. This includes grocery
items that are not cold food items. People can order cold food items too if they want to go
to the Walmart physically and pick up the order. When ordering groceries for pick up, you do
not go inside the Walmart store. You park in the pick up location, they come out and put the
groceries in your vehicle.

We have this in Canada as well, there is something called curb side pick-up. Most people here go in person though, in the first wave there were strict measures, nowadays, a lot of stores are slacking on the restrictions, people don't wear masks or fewer wear masks, people are just fed up, some grocery stores have better measures than others.

Quote:
FedEx, USPS, and other delivery services do deliver heavy items. That's why they have
dollys in their trucks. If something is too heavy, they put it on the dolly. In regards to
throwing packages, I'd say most do not do that. The FedEx and USPS delivery guys and
gals in my area, never have thrown packages.

It's difficult to throw boxes of groceries, unless you are incredible hulk :lol:

Quote:
I like my air fryer. Depends on what brand you get. I have an 8 quart Gourmia. Normally it
sells for approximately $120.00 but was on Black Friday deal at Walmart for $49.00.

Wow $49, that's a really good deal, so what do you do with your air fryer, I never tasted fried air before :P
Let me guess, the first thing you tried are french fries :mrgreen:

Quote:
work great. For foods such as fries, the first time I simply put them in their after peeling.
They were brown, moist inside, and chewy outside. I realized I need to put some oil on them
so after that, I pour about a teaspoon of oil in a bowl and mix the fries in the bowl along with
lots of salt (I like my fries salty). They came out perfect, crispy on the outside.

I don't have the habit of adding salt to food, but there 2 things I like salty, fries and eggs :D

Quote:
Ya, I know what Costco is, we just don't have them around here. I am not sure why but we
don't. We have Sams Club stores. Similar to Costco in that there are products sold in bulk.

Exactly, I guess maybe that is the reason there is no Costco.

Quote:
No, I meant lightning. Yes, I meant lighting. When I bought this house I went to Lowes and
purchase several new fixtures, not to mention other items.

What ever happened to getting off one's butt and flipping a light switch on / off to control lights, now there is a new craze called Smart Bulbs, yes, wi-fi ready, now you can control your lights through an app on your phone, you can even control the colour of the bulb. Great, what an amazing generation - next thing you'll have an app to flush the toilet for you :lol: I'd hate to think what comes next :P OK this kind of stuff is very useful for people with mobility issues, who cannot walk, but NO excuse for healthy people to use it, there was a time where people actually needed to get up from the seat to get the remote, now you can control your entire house through your phone :D

Quote:
This is the only forum I have ever NOT been paid to moderate. I've moderated a few over the
years, not just GPT or PTC and yes, even those I was paid a monthly stipend. I've never known
any not to pay their moderators a weekly or monthly stipend. The exception might be a ma pa
GPT/PTC or family run something.

hmmm I see..... so I guess ClixSense / ySense are UNIQUE in the industry, or you were just lucky, or maybe in old days the mentality was different than it is now. I remember in the days there were forums that paid to post of course you had to post useful, interesting and within some parameters, I made some $$$ there, it was one of those earning potentials, this was an industry specific forum, luckily a topic I was extremely familiar with, unfortunately it ended, I don't think PTP (Paid to Post gained much traction - eventually all those paid to post, paid to surf were replaced with PTC, as these old programs were heavily abused and cheated - there are lot of CRIMINAL members who go around scamming legit site owners, their actions are causing harm to the honest contributors who are genuinely looking for a way to earn online. I even remember a program where you got paid to create surveys not just take them but create them too, good stuff, times have changed, now PTC is pretty much dying, and before people say otherwise, a lot of what people think are PTC are just ponzi schemes disguised as PTC, mainly all the fly by night BUX sites that open and close after few months. Now GPT is also on the bubble, more and more publishers are switching to in-app and target non icent traffic, to get better data quality and less fraud, there might be a shift in how online market research works over the next years, some routers have shut down over the years, the best ones..so who knows what GPT will be like. I think the international non tier 1 countries will suffer the most, because tasks are moving towards automation through AI / ML the aim is to eventually have over 95% of the tasks automated.

Quote:
I didn't say I couldn't earn more than .5 cents. I was saying I have not been motivated this
month. I've had a lot to do offline and else where. Some times one has to prioritize and this
month, spending time on surveys that may be a dupe, kick me out, not apply the reward, was
far from priority for me. One day I clicked on some low centers in the ySense Offers and that
was as far as my motivation carried me. :lol:

Wow that's serious stuff :P If I am able to see high paid surveys on my list for sure you must have some, I have done a few advertising proof of concept studies, evaluating packaging, there are recurring surveys on that, for sure US members must have these, and some of these pay more than 50 cents :D Some are lower paid but 1-2 minutes, a few questions. I've taken also some surveys where there were only 3 questions and paid $1.25, rare, but sometimes it happens, when there are good days, it brings your motivation back UP - when there are back to back crap days, my motivation goes down the toilet - and when I get back to back Off Quota after 50% through the survey, that is a motivation killer - there are days when I get half a dozen or more straight off quota it is very frustrating... but I did notice ySense now carries SHORT LUCID campaigns, they are generally very short surveys under 5 minutes, of course some of them are low pay but they are short .....Don't dabble in offers, those are motivation KILLERS :D You should see the Pollfish ROUTER in Revenue Universe, it brings you to a page full of surveys, in the range of 2 to 5 cents each :lol: If every your motivation is super high and you want to lower it - that's the place to go to :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,630
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,701
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jan 15, 2021 22:02:39 EST