Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkFormer MPD Officer Derek Chauvin In Custody
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Former MPD Officer Derek Chauvin In Custody

#1 by AbuWaheeb » Fri May 29, 2020 15:52

Fired Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has been arrested four days after George Floyd’s fatal arrest that sparked protests, rioting and outcry across the city and nation, and Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced he has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

On Friday, John Harrington, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, announced that Chauvin, 44, of Oakdale, was taken into custody by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension(FBI), who said that Chauvin was arrested in Minneapolis. There was some speculation that he had gone to a home in Florida.

“We have now been able to put together the evidence that we need. Even as late as yesterday afternoon, we did not have all that we needed,” Freeman said, before saying that he was unable to speak to specific pieces of evidence and which one specifically was needed to file charges.

“This is by far the fastest that we’ve ever charged a police officer,” Freeman said.

-----

The fired Minneapolis police officer who was seen pressing his knee on George Floyd's neck on video has been arrested and charged with murder, officials said Friday. Derek Chauvin, who was a 19-year veteran with the city's police department, has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.

The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension(FBI) took Chauvin into custody at 11:44 a.m. Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said the investigation is ongoing into the other three officers involved, all of whom have been fired.

Freeman said his office wanted to focus on the "most dangerous perpetrator," and that "this is by far the fastest we have ever charged a police officer."
AbuWaheeb
Posts49
Member Since18 May 2020
Last Visit25 Feb 2021
Likes Given23
Likes Received41/26

#2 by valerie » Fri May 29, 2020 20:18

They should all be charged with 1st degree murder. All 4 of them.

People begged them to let him up, to get off his neck, that he couldn't breath.
None of the cops said, ok lets get him in the squad car. They knew he was
dying. Everyone knew it.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Likes Received19,085/7,894

#3 by Darkstar2 » Fri May 29, 2020 21:53

Oh do I have lots to say on this and have to bite my tongue - How HORRIBLE, the only thing I will say is that what a shame that death penalty was abolished in that state - and that this officer is getting off easy !!!

Now I wonder, how safe is it to discuss this on a forum, when the FBI is involved, and there is no court case yet even though he was formally charged. I am so tempted to say stuff, but not wise at this point.

Maybe this 19 year old trash was playing too much GTA (Grand Theft Auto) I wonder what his family think of him now, and how can he possibly defend himself.

I'll stop there :D
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829
Likes Received11,911/6,198

#4 by valerie » Sat May 30, 2020 07:55

What 19 year old?

A lot of theories going around so here is mine.....

IF it wasn't due to cops not being capable of controlling their anger, racism, then it might be .....

Dirty Cops. The cops knew they were being filmed by bystanders. It was like they wanted to
kill the man because he knew something on them. If they took him to jail, he might talk, tell
off on the cops. A counterfeit ring perhaps?

He was restrained so why didn't they put him inside the squad car and take him on down to
the jail? There was a reason why this man was murdered, but what the reason is, can only
guess at this point.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#5 by Darkstar2 » Sat May 30, 2020 13:41

valerie wrote:

Dirty Cops. The cops knew they were being filmed by bystanders. It was like they wanted to
kill the man because he knew something on them. If they took him to jail, he might talk, tell
off on the cops. A counterfeit ring perhaps?

That's a conspiracy theory - FACT is there are many dirty cops, judges, lawyers, you name it, they are humans, they are subject to the same FILTH. There are pedophile bishops, there are dirty cops, criminal cops, cops turned serial killers, anything is possible in this messed up world. It was alleged that Floyd was arrested on suspicions of passing a counterfeit $20 bill. I mean really, getting killed for $20 !!!!! Not a drug bust, not an armed person, nothing, just $20 FFS.

No doubt in my mind there are dirty cops, but they remain low profile and usually don't do business with people outside their tight circle, so I don't agree with your theory - and even if they were dirty cops and he knew something, MONEY talks, why would he be a snitch - what if he did say something, there would have to be proof. There's LOT of SUSPICION going around about bad / dirty cops, but nothing happens unless there is PROOF. The only PROOF we have is of a cop murdering and taunting a suspect on the ground. Is this a race thing ? Is the a copy a racist ? The video itself does not prove that - neither does it prove the motives behind that - Maybe the cop has mental issues, but let's face it, it's no coincidence, the suspect was black, and there is precedent for many other cases of police brutality towards black people or people of different race than white, so by that precedent alone you can draw conclusions that this is just another racial incident - I mean from reports and video the suspect was NOT resisting arrest, the suspect did NOT have an arm or draw a weapon, the suspect did NOT represent danger to anybody. How many stories of cop brutality do you hear about where the cop is white and suspect is white ? Interestingly enough both him and Floyd worked at the same club in the past, in security.
George Floyd, Derek Chauvin worked at same club: former boss - New York Daily News

BTW, was Chauvin born in America ? He has a foreign last name, I read somewhere he was born in Brazil.

So yeah this could be just another white vs. black incident (disgusting that this still happens in 2020), OR it could be some underground business as you suggest, who knows, you know now that I think of it, he has the face of a dirty cop.......But he probably has mental issues murdering a suspect knowing he has being filmed, hmmmm. something is odd, I hope they get to the bottom of this.

Meanwhile those 3 f**** who were watching do not deserve their badges and should be fired A.S.A.P. and even charged - they are guilty by association and allowing a murder to occur before their eyes.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829
Likes Received11,911/6,198

#6 by valerie » Sat May 30, 2020 15:42

There was 3 cops holding him down. 1 cop was keeping the crowd at bay.

All 4 need to be charged.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#7 by AbuWaheeb » Sat May 30, 2020 21:04

Why are the protesters attacking the CNN building ? The CNN building should not be attacked. Dont attack the Press. Not cool. And why did those cops arrest that CNN reporter live on TV ? Because he was black ? Or was it a direct attack on free press ? A retired old police veteran said that the arrest of that CNN reporter didn't make any sense. And then the cops wonder why the people get angry.
AbuWaheeb
Posts49
Member Since18 May 2020
Last Visit25 Feb 2021
Likes Given23
Likes Received41/26

#8 by valerie » Sat May 30, 2020 21:09

I don't know. Everyone hates CNN.

As for the reporter, he was white. They said they ask the reporters to move on
and they didn't.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#9 by AbuWaheeb » Sat May 30, 2020 21:23

The CNN reporter that got arrested was black. Omar Jimenez. CNN Reporter Arrested on Air Covering Minneapolis Protests
AbuWaheeb
Posts49
Member Since18 May 2020
Last Visit25 Feb 2021
Likes Given23
Likes Received41/26

#10 by AbuWaheeb » Sat May 30, 2020 22:01

I don't believe that floyd knew about the 20$ counterfeit bill in his pocket. I mean it can happen to anybody. Store owner speaks out. Owner Of Store Where Police First Made Contact With George Floyd Is Speaking Out
AbuWaheeb
Posts49
Member Since18 May 2020
Last Visit25 Feb 2021
Likes Given23
Likes Received41/26

#11 by tasman1 » Sat May 30, 2020 23:23

Revolution starting in U.S.A ??????? Police have right now to kill protestors in U.S ??????

Terrifying footage has caught the moment a New York Police vehicle appears to ram into a row of protesters as tensions over the death of black man George Floyd continue to escalate across the country.

Video shows the SUV jolting forward into a crowd of protesters standing behind a metal barricade on a street in the city on Saturday morning (local time).

Screams were heard coming from the scene instantly after impact. It is unclear if anyone was injured in the incident.

While some people fled, a large group of protestors are seen swarming the car, jumping on its roof and hitting it with bats and other heavy objects.
tasman1
Posts14,606
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,067
Likes Received14,648/7,556

#12 by valerie » Sun May 31, 2020 07:30

I think it happen to a white reporter also.

It was said the ink was still wet and running on the bill.

BUT you know, you will read all kinds of stuff, some true, some not true, some inaccurate.

One thing is positive. Three cops held down George Floyd, even tho he was handcuffed
and even though he said he could not breath, one of the cops continued to put force on
Floyd's neck.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#13 by wildbillhickok » Sun May 31, 2020 12:12

The police officer, on my opinion, used more force than it was needed to immobilize him. The guy was already subdued there was no reason to keep pressing on his neck.

Also, he probably had some pre existing condition. And if he just passed a 20 $ bill. Was he really supposed to be violent? These situations are very complex and speculate is no good.

Well, who knows how these officers were trained to deal with this kind of situation. There is police violence on the entire world. Just the American society can judge if this is mainly related to race, or if officers have bias when dealing with different ethnic groups in USA.

I remember of one case that hapenned on USA on which the police officer, pointing the gun, instructed the suspect to "crawl towards him" and added that "if the suspect were to fall that he should fall on his face, keeping his hands over his head". The suspect while "crawling towards the officer", maybe out of stress, brought his hands down, maybe because his pants were falling, and ended up executed with many shots. BARBARIC. By the video I could not identify the officers gun but it is probably some fully automatic ar 15 variable (we all know the letality of the 5.56mm).
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit17 Feb 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#14 by valerie » Sun May 31, 2020 14:49

NO the police are not trained to do what they did.

That's another reason why I say they should all be charged.

Police are trained in the USA to use the LEAST amount of force necessary.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#15 by valerie » Sun May 31, 2020 14:52

Well in that case Bill, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you fire on someone you did not
know if it was a life and death situation and you told the guy to keep his hands
up but the guy reaches down and puts his hand in his pocket? Wouldn't you care
about your own life?

The mistake in that case, was obviously the man. A deadly sad mistake.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#16 by wildbillhickok » Mon Jun 01, 2020 13:03

valerie wrote: Well in that case Bill, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you fire on someone you did not
know if it was a life and death situation and you told the guy to keep his hands
up but the guy reaches down and puts his hand in his pocket? Wouldn't you care
about your own life?

The mistake in that case, was obviously the man. A deadly sad mistake.

Your argument is very valid Valerie. The situation is so complex. If the officer felt that his life was at risk. How can we judge if what he felt was valid or not? On my opinion, in such a case, his history on the police, if he was a good cop or not, becomes vital. Most of the cops are good.

If I put myself in the shoes of the police officer, if i'm not wrong the guy was suspect of having many weapon on a hotel room. I think: what would be my mental attitude, what would I expect? when dealing with such a suspect, taking in consideration the history of mass shootings, like the one that happened on Las Vegas, where the perpetrator even used "Bump stocks" (to make the semi auto fire similarity to a full auto).

The fact that the suspect was shot didn't shock so much, what captured my attention was: number of shots and the caliber(5.56mm), at first glance i thought the officer was holding a HK MP5 (9mm), but after searching on google I discovered it was a ar 15 platform (neutralizing doesn't always mean to kill, unless we are talking about a warzone).

Here the laws about guns are very restrict. They are people here that want the "Right to keep and bear arms" like in America (some here are even tryng to import some American values). My opinion is here is not USA, our history is different. Let's not copy The great United States of America. Also, the animosity here is escalating :thumbdown:

Would I shoot a stranger, If i thought my life was in danger? Probably, we all have the right to defend ourselves, making use of proportional force, force adequate to the magnitude of the threat.

Sometimes, In the past and now I felt treated, unfortunately I can't even buy pistols like sig sp2022, glock17, beretta 92fs... They let us buy a 380ACP, but it is not as vesatile as the 9mm. Even Though I don't carry a pistol I'm 1000 times more courageous than they are :lol:
Last edited by wildbillhickok » Mon Jun 01, 2020 14:15 » edited 1 time in total
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit17 Feb 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#17 by valerie » Mon Jun 01, 2020 16:12

I strongly believe in our second amendment:

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If you don't have the right to protect yourself and your property, you don't have freedom.

Look at all the videos or looting, burning, destroying property, physically hurting people, to
say the least (Floyd). That's not a peaceful protest. Those people don't care about Mr. Floyd.
All they care about is stealing and doing as much damage as they can.

If I'm asleep in my bed and someone breaks into my house, what do you think I would do?
I would reach for my gun and I would not hesitate to fire. That is my right.

The American people will never stand for a Holocaust.

True, there are people that mis use their rights. Just like the people stealing and looting and
pretending to care about Mr. Floyd.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#18 by tasman1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 16:30

President Donald Trump has threatened to deploy the United States military unless states halt violent protests across the country.

He has demanded the states use tougher measures to crack down on burning and stealing among some demonstrations in the aftermath of violent protests in dozens of American cities.

He has called on the states "deploy the National Guard in sufficient numbers that we dominate the street."

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," he said in an address in the White House Rose Garden.

Step1 .............use Army against your own people ????????????? Hitler will turn in his grave

In this new world not just in U.S.A. but world wide we see that compared to today politicians Adolf Hitler was saint

My recomendation to Pope ...... declerare him [ Hitler ] Saint
tasman1
Posts14,606
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,067
Likes Received14,648/7,556

#19 by wildbillhickok » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25

Here if we had more guns I'm not really sure (who knows!?) if they would be used in defense of the liberty or agaisn't oppression (ex. the rise of an despotic regime).

What would be the definition of "opression", mostly certain for some (not all) would be something that goes agaisn't their personal interests.

My interest on guns is personal defense, we cannot be let at the mercy of a coward human being that is up to aggress, hurt, kill. And the majority are very coward, they fear so much to encounter resistance, espeacially the one posed by an armed person.

We all know how (a minority) some people can be coward, especially if they think they are picking on a soft target.

Finally, this is not about being a negative person or pessismistic about humanity, because most of the people we cross are just going about their lives, (some even have good intentions).
wildbillhickok
Posts253
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit17 Feb 2021
Likes Given124
Likes Received147/116

#20 by valerie » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07

The problem is bad people are going to get guns whether they are legal or not.
It's actually why good people need guns, due to bad people.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 17, 2021 23:23:45 EST