Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkFirst time ever.
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
First time ever.

#1 by dutch1898 » Tue May 19, 2020 17:31

I just completed a J D Power survey that lasted about 20 min.
and earned $ 0.44 Now that fact is not earth shaking,but it
was the first J.D Power survey I ever qualified for. :lol:
dutch1898
Posts1,252
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given971
Likes Received1,648/788

#2 by tasman1 » Tue May 19, 2020 17:37

dutch1898 wrote: I just completed a J D Power survey that lasted about 20 min.
and earned $ 0.44 Now that fact is not earth shaking,but it
was the first J.D Power survey I ever qualified for. :lol:

Congrats , invest in share market 40% , 40% in gold , 10% in bitcoin and take a wild holiday and spent last 10% , live is short
Enjoy holiday and for good holiday deal you can use tasman1holiday website
tasman1
Posts12,330
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,313
Likes Received12,733/6,476

#3 by cxlxjx_2 » Tue May 19, 2020 17:44

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Run to the hills!!!!
cxlxjx_2
Posts815
Member Since16 Sep 2014
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given913
Likes Received425/287

#4 by Darkstar2 » Tue May 19, 2020 20:39

Gold as at an all time high - Don't be fooled by the bull streak on the markets right now - The DOW is way over valuated, the numbers right now are just insane, it's like people are in denial and clinging to false hopes, all fueled by snake oil merchants that tout hopes for vaccines and cures which won't happen now or anytime soon. People who think that the DOW gaining back most of its losses in April and May is a good sign, think again - the shit is going to hit the fan and hit it hard soon now that America has gone bonkers and want to re-open states even though their cases and deaths are SOARING !!! Same for Canada, some provinces are soaring and yet they want to re-open, where 50-70% of idiots don't follow distancing guidelines nor wear masks the tossers.... We are smack in the middle of a big recession, the unemployment is sky rocket and unprecedented, the financial results are HORRIBLE, companies are dropping like dead flies and going bankrupt - how the hell could the markets be so high, it's definitely over inflated - I would expect a BIG correction soon and testing of new lows - This will happen when the idiots who decided to re-open, alongside the idiots who do not follow the rules to avoid spread, will face a new reality - the virus spread coming back for a second round, but this time fiercer, and this time CRUSHING the already fragile health care system, forcing a lock down and a situation even worse than before, which means it will likely require a lockdown for at least 4-6 more months, and this time no question about it, it will be a great depression scenario and no TRILLIONS of $ from the Fed's monopoly money will do any good. I I would not be surprised to see the DOW plunge down below 17,000 and gold breaking 2k before the end of the year.
And this big correction is bound to happen soon, maybe as early as this month or next, but the bubble WILL explode.
If your entire portfolio is in stocks, you are basically f***** ! The ONLY and I mean ONLY true hope for a market and economy recovery is positive news on a vaccine (which will not happen for likely 1-2 years or more) OR a temporary treatment to drastically reduce mortality and severity of infection or even shield against it temporarily........Otherwise, eventually investors will wake up to reality - right now what is fueling the markets is the fake news and false hope.

China and other countries are testing treatment and temporary immunisation using antibodies of cured patients, it seems to get positive results so far, it may be our only hope for a temporary plan before a vaccine, and if successful it could happen as early as end of year to new year. However a vaccine would be very unlikely to come out sooner, and 12 to 18 months would already be an unusually fast race for a vaccine.

I think we are more likely to come up with antibody treatments long before a vaccine - that's the only hope right now, but meanwhile I think the economy and markets will crash and reach new lows, before they go back up again, but slowly. I thin this will be a U shaped recession, but it could very well be an L shaped one if there is no treatment hope by the end of the year and trailing onto 2021 and beyond.

Those who believe I am not reasonable with assessment, simply provide counter arguments against it, I'd like to rea dthem.

In 2008, during the financial crisis, markets eventually dropped down by more than 57%, mind you this time it is NOT a financial crisis, YET, but you'd think that a world pandemic and economy collapse would also bring the markets down by that much. Right now the markets are clinging to hope and re-opening, but once the second wave hits hard as early as summer or fall, watch out, chances are you will be spending xmas in confinement at home and find new excuses to tell your kids as to why Santa did not come to deliver the gifts this year.........

What's worse than the COVID19 ? FALSE HOPE. It's good to have some hopes, realistic ones, not some snake oil merchant, pill peddling leaders who tout dangerous treatments that were not even proven, or for biopharmas to tout their so-called miracle vaccine, just to please the markets and President, even though they know themselves that realistically it will take years for an effective vaccine.

So the whole market is just a game of deceit. Unfortunately with big mouth Obama, touting his complete nonsense, would have kept the DOW stagnating at 19k-20k, apparently he's not as good with hand jobs. I don't know if Joe Biden can manage to keep the DOW soaring, probably not, but it can't be worse than Bernie Sanders . If Trump wins and there is an antibody treatment by January or early next year, I would expect the DOW to soar above 30,000, and even reach 35,000 and above, in 2021. If Biden wins, regardless of the outcome I think the DOW will take a beating, will likely lose 10-20% of its value. :D
Darkstar2
Posts13,657
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,824
Likes Received10,832/5,444

#5 by chandramohanancc » Wed May 20, 2020 06:56

Darkstar your views are extremely appreciable .Your posts give agood knoeledge of many facts.Now I understand why most people were disgusted by your absence some time before.You should always be here to provide such sensible posts.
Last edited by chandramohanancc » Wed May 20, 2020 07:17 » edited 1 time in total
chandramohanancc
Posts344
Member Since23 Mar 2020
Last VisitToday
Likes Given408
Likes Received268/165

#6 by Darkstar2 » Wed May 20, 2020 09:39

chandramohanancc wrote: Darkstar your views are extremely appreciable .Your posts give agood knoeledge of many facts.Now I understand why most people were disgusted by your absence some time before.You should always be here to provide such sensible posts.

Well I am brainstorming it does not mean I am right though, some of my views are at both extremities, BUT one thing they are genuine and not just to please. From personal experience my predictions about the market have usually been spot on - but here is the deal with this COVID19 being extremely new and unexpected, it is very hard to make ACCURATE predictions - so most of what we discuss is mere opinions and a bit of brainstorming, sometimes adding a little entertainment :mrgreen: But who knows, maybe in 2 months this will all come to pass and we will all forget about this virus - OR maybe in 6 months we are here discussing about how the virus mutated or how rabbits take over the world :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts13,657
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,824

#7 by valerie » Wed May 20, 2020 12:10

No, rabbits have their own virus now.

The only survivors will be 'BigFoot' and bananas. tasman1 will rule the world. (heaven help us)
valerie
Posts18,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,290
Likes Received17,727/7,048

#8 by Darkstar2 » Wed May 20, 2020 20:37

So did the bats and other wild animals with weird names - First the rabbits then it will be our turn, most of those viruses we are fighting now were spread among wild animals. It is only a question of time if those rabbits are exchanged on the wet markets, that they mutate and transmit to humans, like with the other viruses coming out of CHINA !!!

Sars round 1, now COVID19, what's next ? A virus that turns us into monsters ???

This is mother nature's way of telling humans to leave the wild animals alone, where they belong, in the wild, not in the wet markets, not on the frying pan !
Darkstar2
Posts13,657
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,824

#9 by chandramohanancc » Thu May 21, 2020 06:57

Yes wildd animals must be left in the wild itself .We have actually occupied their habitation building many infrastructures for profits and now killing them for again profit.Then how will nature forgive us.
chandramohanancc
Posts344
Member Since23 Mar 2020
Last VisitToday
Likes Given408
Likes Received268/165

#10 by valerie » Thu May 21, 2020 09:17

Since I am in the USA I will say this in regards to USA only.

People eat too much meat. Cows, chickens, pigs, are treated horribly.

Anyone in the USA reading this, if you eat meat, please at least reduce your meat consumption.
It will be good for your health and good for your wallet and good for the animals.

Of course, right now there is a meat shortage and personally, I hope it stays that way.
valerie
Posts18,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,290

#11 by Darkstar2 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:41

valerie wrote: Since I am in the USA I will say this in regards to USA only.

People eat too much meat. Cows, chickens, pigs, are treated horribly.

Right, I guess this pretty much concerns North America as a whole. In Canada it is the same, but here in Canada we don't eat bats, rats, dogs, cats and other animals with weird names in the wild, unlike some countries I have in mind :D
The wet markets are not just a problem in China, but other Asian countries as well - Do you think this pandemic will put an end to illegal wild animal markets ? NO. And this is not the last pandemic either, the next one will be Sars3, then Sars4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, oh and the rabbit virus :D

Quote:
Anyone in the USA reading this, if you eat meat, please at least reduce your meat consumption.
It will be good for your health and good for your wallet and good for the animals.

Of course, right now there is a meat shortage and personally, I hope it stays that way.

Right, that's good advice, but you are forgetting that this is not the major problem - The problem is people eat junk foods, overly processed food. I mean Canada and US are both heavy wasters - food waste, food consumption, people eat eat eat, and it's no surprise that obesity is a huge problem as it is in the UK. It's one thing to reduce meat consumption, but most importantly, reduce consumption of processed foods.
Darkstar2
Posts13,657
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,824

#12 by valerie » Thu May 21, 2020 10:53

Not forgetting.

However, animals are my main concern.
valerie
Posts18,894
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,290

#13 by tasman1 » Fri May 22, 2020 15:10

First time ever ????

Thanks God it was about survey not about going to bed with some nice women

You gave me scare
tasman1
Posts12,330
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,313
Likes Received12,733/6,476

#14 by dutch1898 » Fri May 22, 2020 15:45

Nice women and going to bed? That was some time long ago. :lol:
Just come back from echo cardio test at hospital and now waiting
for my cardiologist to tell me the results.
dutch1898
Posts1,252
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given971
Likes Received1,648/788

#15 by chandramohanancc » Fri May 22, 2020 17:59

Hope the result was soothing and pray for your fast recovery .
chandramohanancc
Posts344
Member Since23 Mar 2020
Last VisitToday
Likes Given408
Likes Received268/165
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jun 4, 2020 03:57:02 EST