Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkToday at Walmart USA in the South - FYI
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Today at Walmart USA in the South - FYI

Locked

#1 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:23

So today my sister and I was at Walmart and I noted that shelves are much
less than they have been.

Many items almost out or very low quantity: Toilet Paper, Wipes, Antibacterial Hand Soap, Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer, Paper Towels, Dish Washing Liquid, Lysol and Clorox Disinfectant Wipes, Ramen Noodles, Tiny can food products-Beanie Weenies, Vienna Sausages, water.

I also noticed by looking at what others had in their cart...lots of meats, toilet paper, sanitizers and disinfectants, baby diapers (pampers, etc) dog foods and treats, can goods.

So that's how it is going presently in my neck of the woods.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#2 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:31

Welcome to new world , fun just started
tasman1
Posts14,549
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,019
Likes Received14,588/7,518

#3 by Haylie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 14:33

You cant get hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol anywhere here in New York City, every place is out of it.
Cant even get it on Amazon, either all out or major price gouging.
Haylie
Posts59
Member Since1 Sep 2007
Last Visit30 Mar 2021
Likes Given28
Likes Received39/23

#4 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 15:43

Gosh I never even gave thought to rubbing alcohol or peroxide. I always have a couple
of bottles of each. I'll have to look at the shelves for those items next time I am there,
out of curiosity.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#5 by dutch1898 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 15:57

washing hands with soap and water.
dutch1898
Posts1,372
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last Visit15 Dec 2020
Likes Given1,025
Likes Received1,816/877

#6 by Haylie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 16:32

Hi Valerie

Yeah, there is no rubbing alcohol left anywhere here in NYC because you can make your own hand sanitizer with hand cream or aloe mixed with rubbing alcohol, and everyone is trying to do that. (All regular hand sanitizer ran out here over a week ago.) But it has to be at least 60-70% rubbing alcohol for it to work as a germ killing hand sanitizer. I was wondering about hydrogen peroxide too, but it doesn't work as well. Supplies of hydrogen peroxide are gone here too.

And yeah, soap and water is best.

Unreal what's going on all over the country. The empty shelves in the stores feels like the apocalypse.
Haylie
Posts59
Member Since1 Sep 2007
Last Visit30 Mar 2021
Likes Given28
Likes Received39/23

#7 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 17:17

Haylie wrote: Hi Valerie

Yeah, there is no rubbing alcohol left anywhere here in NYC because you can make your own hand sanitizer with hand cream or aloe mixed with rubbing alcohol, and everyone is trying to do that. (All regular hand sanitizer ran out here over a week ago.) But it has to be at least 60-70% rubbing alcohol for it to work as a germ killing hand sanitizer. I was wondering about hydrogen peroxide too, but it doesn't work as well. Supplies of hydrogen peroxide are gone here too.

And yeah, soap and water is best.

Unreal what's going on all over the country. The empty shelves in the stores feels like the apocalypse.




Nah , it is not that bad ......... did have all this for few years in 1990s , civil war in former Jugoslavia + no water , no electricity , nothing , only nice bombs falling from sky 24/7 [ that was free music ]
Do not worry much , you will survive
tasman1
Posts14,549
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,019
Likes Received14,588/7,518

#8 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 17:20

valerie wrote: So today my sister and I was at Walmart and I noted that shelves are much
less than they have been.

Many items almost out or very low quantity: Toilet Paper, Wipes, Antibacterial Hand Soap, Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer, Paper Towels, Dish Washing Liquid, Lysol and Clorox Disinfectant Wipes, Ramen Noodles, Tiny can food products-Beanie Weenies, Vienna Sausages, water.

I also noticed by looking at what others had in their cart...lots of meats, toilet paper, sanitizers and disinfectants, baby diapers (pampers, etc) dog foods and treats, can goods.

So that's how it is going presently in my neck of the woods.

Why on earth would people want to stock up more on perishables like meat, it's just WASTE and SELFISHNESS to buy so much perishables, most of which will be thrown away. You might notice that the vegan food shelves are still full :D

Be ready as soon you will eat food out of toothpaste packaging - or out of a box and powder, everything will be synthetic.

Oh and Ramen noodles, that's probably #2 on the list after toilet paper (pun not intended, really :D)

Might also be a good idea to get bottled water too............
Darkstar2
Posts15,903
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,826
Likes Received11,902/6,190

#9 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 17:25

dutch1898 wrote: washing hands with soap and water.

That's the BEST and most OPTIMAL method actually - the safest on hands. All those chemical products will render your hands dry as cardboard, and who knows maybe in 10 years they will say it causes cancer! I also do not buy into the claims of "kills 99.99% of germs". Unless you are bathing in the stuff 24/7, there is always a gap in between where you can catch the virus - you could have the virus on your hand, touch your eye, then use the disinfectant on your hand AFTER the fact.....But it would be too late.. All those products are bullshit hype. If people FOLLOW guidelines and wash their bloody hands CORRECTLY, meaning a rigorous wash, and basic guidelines like avoid touching your eyes, picking your nose, touching your mouth or other openings of your body, things would be better for sure. People are relying on those chemicals too much and that is dangerous.
Darkstar2
Posts15,903
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,826
Likes Received11,902/6,190

#10 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 17:33

To all , remember

Soap can NOT kill Corona virus , only if there is % of alcohol ,

My recomendation .............. buy surgical spirit , if you can find
tasman1
Posts14,549
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,019
Likes Received14,588/7,518

#11 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 18:04

tasman1 wrote: To all , remember

Soap can NOT kill Corona virus , only if there is % of alcohol ,

My recomendation .............. buy surgical spirit , if you can find

The CDC recommends washing f hands properly with soap and water. Nobody said soap and waster kills germs, but if you exhibit proper hygiene and prevention, you might spare a few innocent lives out there..... Most people touch themselves with their hands, eyes, nose, mouth , ears and well you know, other body parts :mrgreen: Washing hands PROPERLY goes a long way preventing cross contamination. Besides apparently there was a study that showed that some people have nasty hands that has shown to be filthier than a toilet bowl.

How many people truly wash their bloody hands, I mean in the PROPER sense, not just turning the tap on and splashing waster on your hands, that won't do any good.

It's already filthy in restaurants as it is, you think people will start washing their hands now ? :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,903
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,826
Likes Received11,902/6,190

#12 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 18:22

The reason why they are stocking up on meat here, is due to the possibility animals
may become infected. So they want to get the meat before it happens.

Remember the times they slaughtered millions of cows and such due to mad cow
sickness?

Bleach is always great to have on hand. Get it, on hand? :lol:

A big jug of whisky too. Everyone should keep a bottle of whiskey. If you can
locate moonshine, that is even better.

I remember the good ole days when they sold Iodine. They don't sell it in the
States any more.

All that stuff is good to have on hand, rubbing alcohol, whisky, peroxide, bar
soap, hand soap, antibacterial soaps, etc etc etc.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#13 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 18:23

Oh and I read some where to be sure and clean your cell phones because they
are dirtier than toilets.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#14 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 18:58

valerie wrote: The reason why they are stocking up on meat here, is due to the possibility animals
may become infected. So they want to get the meat before it happens.

Oh yeah good point - hopefully they have big enough freezers ........

Quote:
Remember the times they slaughtered millions of cows and such due to mad cow
sickness?

Yeah nobody can forget that :D

Maybe the risk of transmission to animals is low, unless you are buying your bats, snakes, rats etc :mrgreen:
and unless infected humans are in direct contact. Maybe we will know when the time comes and animals are infected, only when there are massive deaths.

There are already new cases surfacing, from people who never traveled or never were in contact with the infection, referred to as "community" transmissions Could it be that those cases were infected through animal products ? Hmmm the crap will hit the fan soon. Stocking up on meat now is risky, because once word comes out that a confirmed case with animals, then i'm not so sure people will take a risk on the meat they already have.........

Quote:
Bleach is always great to have on hand. Get it, on hand? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nope, not a good idea :P The best protection is wearing a hasmat mask and gloves of steel.

Quote:
I remember the good ole days when they sold Iodine. They don't sell it in the
States any more.

Really ??? I thought it was that other product with Mercury in it that was banned. Why Iodine ? It is still sold here in Canada. Isn't Iodine used in surgery ?

Quote:
All that stuff is good to have on hand, rubbing alcohol, whisky, peroxide, bar
soap, hand soap, antibacterial soaps, etc etc etc.

You mean the whiskey bottle to drink ? :lol:

As to antibacterial soap, it won't do any good against the coronavirus, save your $$$, codvid19 is a VIRUS,
and again the same reason why antibiotics won't do any good, as they do nothing against bacterial infection.
Darkstar2
Posts15,903
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,826
Likes Received11,902/6,190

#15 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 19:06

I do not care much about hand washing , normaly I do that once a year at January 1st :mrgreen:
tasman1
Posts14,549
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,019
Likes Received14,588/7,518

#16 by Darkstar2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 20:03

tasman1 wrote: I do not care much about hand washing , normaly I do that once a year at January 1st :mrgreen:

At least you are honest :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,903
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,826
Likes Received11,902/6,190

#17 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 21:30

Yes I meant Mercurochrome.

Mercurochrome is not sold in the USA. It was when I was a kid.

In the movies they clean the wound with whiskey.....whisky.....booze.

So if in need of medical attention during the doomsday virus, and shelves
no longer have meds, just grab the booze. Better than nothing. I think.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#18 by valerie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 21:32

Oh, and yes they had a dog some where that has the corona virus.
valerie
Posts20,968
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,129
Likes Received19,034/7,864

#19 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 21:43

valerie wrote: Yes I meant Mercurochrome.

Mercurochrome is not sold in the USA. It was when I was a kid.

In the movies they clean the wound with whiskey.....whisky.....booze.

So if in need of medical attention during the doomsday virus, and shelves
no longer have meds, just grab the booze. Better than nothing. I think.





As they say , a bottle of whisky a day keeps Corona virus away , cheers
tasman1
Posts14,549
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given13,019
Likes Received14,588/7,518

#20 by Nikorj » Sat Mar 07, 2020 02:23

Don't kiss anyone who ate bat-soup.

And stop drinking bleach.


Now you are well prepared for the coming apocalypse.
Last edited by Nikorj » Sat Mar 07, 2020 04:21 » edited 1 time in total
Nikorj
Posts1,861
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit31 Jan 2021
Likes Given1,414
Likes Received1,537/988
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 10, 2021 17:46:29 EST