Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeSuccess StoriesI Ate BlackEyed Peas New Years Day
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
I Ate BlackEyed Peas New Years Day

#1 by valerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 20:38

Today:

Surveys 17 surveys $16.77

Congrats! The checklist is completed!
14%
Your bonus is currently standing at: $2.35
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288
Likes Received17,696/7,034

#2 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 20:44

Did you get black eye from that many survey ? :lol:

Congrats Valerie , good start for you in 2020

ops , forgot to tell you ,,,,,, darkstar will replay to you here , better run
tasman1
Posts12,322
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,305
Likes Received12,719/6,467

#3 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 20:52

WELL it looks like the site came through for US members, finally. So Canadians are once again screwed over with less surveys around here.

And Tasman1 I can make a run down of ALL your posts of your DAILY multiple complaints on this site and surveys when things were not doing well for you, so you are last to talk about me posting, I have very good memory and I don't forget, but the posts are still there in case your memory is short ;)

And you earned only 61 cents today you are happy about that Tasman1 ? You were earning so well on CS, why are you praising and defending this site when your earnings here are clearly a far cry from what you earned before, are you happy about it ? Good for you, then I guess you have free internet, free cable, free electricity and free computer upgrades. Some of us actually have to pay for electricity, pay for cable, pay for internet and pay for computer parts.
Not everyone is fortunate to have free service ;)
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823
Likes Received10,820/5,437

#4 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 20:53

valerie wrote: Today:

Surveys 17 surveys $16.77

Congrats! The checklist is completed!
14%
Your bonus is currently standing at: $2.35

Good one - mind sharing which routers are these from ?
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#5 by valerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 21:04

Y'all so funny. :lol:

I believe most are YourSurvey and CINT. Those are about the only two I focus on.
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#6 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 21:11

valerie wrote: Y'all so funny. :lol:

I believe most are YourSurvey and CINT. Those are about the only two I focus on.

#1) Amazon watch out, the orders for toilet paper are coming in :P

#2) Same here, we have only PMR (ySense surveys), CINT and YourSurveys, a few opinionworld sometimes, that's it. So this means you have lots of CINT and YourSurveys, it's nice to know though that US are doing well now, I wonder if other US membres could share their stats, are they doing better here too ?

The first 3 months it was easier to qualify for a survey, now YourSurveys has become very hard to qualify and get decent surveys anymore, most of the good surveys are from OpinionWorld and they are limited ........

CINT is the same I see a massive drop in quality and quantity there.
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#7 by tasman1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 21:15

Told you
tasman1
Posts12,322
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,305

#8 by valerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 21:17

8 CINT Surveys and the rest is YourSurveys.

Nope, got a free mega roll of toilet paper by FedEx today. Yep, in a box. One roll of toilet paper to test.
That's got to be the funniest thing yet I have received. No wrapping. Just a mega size one roll. :lol:
So nope, I don't need toilet paper.

Well I had to do a lot of refreshing to see a CINT survey today. Most were low rewards.....55, and even
.35 cents.

I don't know about better. Some days are good, some are bad, some days I have more time than
other days. Today was a lazy rainy day and I had plenty of time to try surveys.
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#9 by chandramohancc » Sat Jan 04, 2020 07:43

Wow!what an amazing performance.Big big big........ big congratulation
chandramohancc
Posts273
Member Since6 Nov 2019
Last Visit22 Mar 2020
Likes Given148
Likes Received188/134

#10 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 16:21

valerie wrote: 8 CINT Surveys and the rest is YourSurveys.

Nope, got a free mega roll of toilet paper by FedEx today. Yep, in a box. One roll of toilet paper to test.
That's got to be the funniest thing yet I have received. No wrapping. Just a mega size one roll. :lol:
So nope, I don't need toilet paper.

Hmmm I'd be curious to know what were the follow-up questions :P

Is it something like this ?

Should I take a lucky guess as to why they sent you the giant roll ? :lol: :mrgreen:

Quote:
Well I had to do a lot of refreshing to see a CINT survey today. Most were low rewards.....55, and even
.35 cents.

To be honest most of the surveys here are low rewards, they reduced the rates big time. So in order to manage such a high earning day you must've had LOTS of invites then. In the first 3 months here there were many offers above $1, not anymore.

As to testing products, who knows what they'll send you next - Maybe an actual bidet ? :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#11 by valerie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 18:27

Believe it or not, I did get a bidet to test a few years back.

They probably sent me a giant roll since they know I moderate the forums
(you can fill that into your brain however you like).
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#12 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 19:10

valerie wrote: Believe it or not, I did get a bidet to test a few years back.

Wow, well then I guess you are on a roll (literally) :lol:

Good for you, who knows what they'll send next ! :lol:

I've done some research last time we discussed testing products, unfortunately only U.S. members. For Canada, there is only Pinecone (testing food and beverages) but I'm banned due to inactivity, and another one but only true survey invites.
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#13 by valerie » Mon Jan 06, 2020 21:02

It's not thru GPT programs.

It's referred to it as 'sampling' or 'Reviewer'.

The roll of toilet tissue was in fact by way of a survey. :mrgreen:
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#14 by tasman1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 21:07

Think this will be best joke in 2020 , bet 100
tasman1
Posts12,322
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,305

#15 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 21:19

valerie wrote: It's not thru GPT programs.

It's referred to it as 'sampling' or 'Reviewer'.

The roll of toilet tissue was in fact by way of a survey. :mrgreen:

Yes I remember, we had this discussion before, you are a product tester. The only product testing I have done was through GPT and Pinecone, and it was all foods and beverage.

So did you have to go through the whole roll to get paid ? :mrgreen: Why on earth would they send you the whole giant roll instead of just a "sample", do they wanna make sure it is good till the last piece :P

tasman1 wrote:

Think this will be best joke in 2020 , bet 100

You have a short memory again - but not even close there are so many more puns one can make out of this, but I'm not going there, :P
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#16 by valerie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 06:54

In regards to puns, I was referring to how the xxxx gets deep at the forums. :lol:

Actually, it is very good toilet paper. :oops:

I'm so eager to buy it once it hits the store shelves. :lol:

I suppose they sent an entire mega roll so I could test the size of the roll,
how well it rolls off the roll, and I doubt they had pre-packed squares. I
mean seriously 'Lets send her 3 squares'. :?

I don't think I get paid. It was a survey I completed here and I was paid
for the survey here. I suppose my bonus is the mega roll. Oh joy Oh joy!
They'll send an email for me to do the follow up survey but I doubt I will
get paid anything.
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#17 by Darkstar2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04

valerie wrote: In regards to puns, I was referring to how the xxxx gets deep at the forums. :lol:

Yes I know what you were referring to it was too obvious :P

Quote:
Actually, it is very good toilet paper. :oops:

I'm so eager to buy it once it hits the store shelves. :lol:

How is it different to a regular roll of toilet paper ? I mean who needs a GIANT roll, unless you know, :P
For a roll to be that big, the paper must be thinner than traditional TP, or maybe it's just recycled :lol:

Quote:
I suppose they sent an entire mega roll so I could test the size of the roll,
how well it rolls off the roll, and I doubt they had pre-packed squares. I
mean seriously 'Lets send her 3 squares'. :?

No but I guess they could send you a regular version of that same paper so you can test the attribute.
Based on what I see in pictures, it looks narrower and so thin, so much that you might end up using
MORE, so go through the entire roll quicker, maybe relative to using a regular roll :D

I wonder the look the Fedex driver's face, obviously he thinks "Wow this customer must've ordered something very expensive online........." I can picture you telling the driver, "oh no, it's just toilet paper" :D

Quote:
I don't think I get paid. It was a survey I completed here and I was paid
for the survey here. I suppose my bonus is the mega roll. Oh joy Oh joy!
They'll send an email for me to do the follow up survey but I doubt I will
get paid anything.

I've gotten such surveys from here before, and the follow-up was either to test a product (food) or answer another follow-up, I have always gotten an incentive for a follow-up, though most of the time it will be through Amazon gift codes, so that's PERFECT for you :D Just check your original invite e-mail it usually mentions something about an incentive, OR when you complete the follow-up it will tell you usually. The ones I completed paid either cash (rare) or gift codes (Amazon) The latest follow-up I have done through an initial survey here, paid me $6 in Amazon gift code.

BTW, they do sell them on Amazon, I'm sure you probably searched already:
Georgia Pacific Envision 2-Ply Jumbo Jr. Toilet Paper, 12798, 1000 Linear Feet per Roll, 8 Rolls Per Case, White: Health And Personal Care: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I cannot imagine the use for residential though, giant roll TP is normally used for industrial uses, such as buildings, public toilets, etc. I cannot imagine someone getting that stuff for their home, though it would make for a good prank if you have guests over :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#18 by valerie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40

Maybe it is not common in Canada but here it is, Mega Rolls.

I almost always buy the mega rolls. One doesn't need to change the
roll so often. There is regular rolls, giant rolls, double rolls, mega rolls,
and that picture is mostly a joke.....altho that is the kind of rolls they
place in Walmart bathrooms and such.

No, no incentive email. I did not know I was receiving it but I reccalled
having did the survey about it just a few days before receiving it.

No, don't always get an incentive afterwards.

I did get a salad in the mail about a month ago and inside was a $10
bill. I did do a followup survey but the $10 was paid in advance. It
was a very good salad, came in food box with dry ice.
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288

#19 by Darkstar2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32

valerie wrote: Maybe it is not common in Canada but here it is, Mega Rolls.

I almost always buy the mega rolls. One doesn't need to change the
roll so often. There is regular rolls, giant rolls, double rolls, mega rolls,
and that picture is mostly a joke.....altho that is the kind of rolls they
place in Walmart bathrooms and such.

The one like in the picture I posted are also used here in public restrooms. Just not commonly in homes unless
you have a really REALLY big family or a lot of "regulars" :P

So is your roll as big as the one in the pic ?

Quote:
I did get a salad in the mail about a month ago and inside was a $10
bill. I

That is very unusual, first time I hear about companies sending direct cash like that. For safety reasons I would be reluctant in eating unnamed salad coming through the mail especially with the e-coli outbreak and the many recalls of lettuce.

Oh speaking of $10 bill, recently on the news there was a guy who found a $10 bill on the ground, he used it to buy lottery tickets and won $10 million :) And here in Canada, lottery winnings are tax free, you only get taxed on the interests generated, so yeah ....

If it were me, I would not take chances in testing some food items sent by e-mail, especially produce, meat, seafood...... But sealed items like soda cans, cans, jars, boxes, yeah. Often those SAMPLES they send are also unlabeled, to hide the company name to avoid bias. I remember in one of the samples I got before from a survey here, there was a warning that if I had reactions, illness from consumption that I needed to contact the company immediately, and that any treatments would be covered by them - I don't think legally I am allowed to mention what product it was, but it was not food, it was something we all commonly use at least once daily :D

I really miss Pinecone though, I did lot of product testing with them, what a shame they turned out to be rotten, vile individuals at the support level. I had to become inactive with Pinecone to commit to my other full time work, which I lost, and unfortunately Pinecone refused to reinstate me, even though my account was in excellent standing, they just banned me for inactivity :/ without warning even. But Pinecone was the best though, $3 for the surveys + an additional $3 for the testing, so $6 - and their payment methods were good also, a large reward store and of course PayPal, in $3 increments :D

I'll try getting back in and asking again, years later. This is the only company I know in Canada that pays a fixed, competitive rate for surveys and testing products.

Quote:
did do a followup survey but the $10 was paid in advance. It
was a very good salad, came in food box with dry ice.

So it was actual salad, as in lettuce, tomato, and all the rest, including the dressing ? Would definitely not touch that, not knowing how long ago was it produced and whether it was kept in safe temps. I would not take health risks for $10. Besides sending incentive in advance is bad practice anyway, as people can just throw away the product and not bother. There was only one time that I had to not consume ALL the products they sent me, it was a particular type of soda, I had only half a can and it tasted absolutely awful, and basically 1000000000x sweeter than sugar.......tasted like chemicals :D SO instead of wasting the other 5 cans, I used them to clean the toilet bowl, sinks, etc, and they were sparkling, fresh, shiny and clean, after hearing about how those sodas can make excellent cleaners, it is really true and worked. AND I made sure to include that in my reviews in the follow-up questions :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts13,654
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,823

#20 by valerie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 15:42

The salad came with dressing and other goodies....no tomatoes.

It is a name brand company. Think of a famous pineapple brand and you have the name.

The salad came in a cooler box with dry ice. The salad was sealed of course and in the
name brand packaging.

Yes, I have received cash in packages before. There was something I tested recently
that had a $20 bill with it.

No, I don't consume products without labels.

No, I don't drink any kind of a can product unless the can is labeled. For example I
reviewed some new V8 juice for a company but the cans are exactly what is on the
store shelf.

One time I received a six pack of some kind of soda in plastic bottles without a label.
Well, I think they were labeled like drink 1st drink 2nd and so on. I didn't drink those.

But yeah, I eat most anything they send me if I know what it is and it is a trusted
company. I have received lots of pizza's and various frozen foods over the years.

A mega roll is about three times the size of a regular roll.
valerie
Posts18,888
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,288
Return to 'Success Stories' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jun 2, 2020 22:09:00 EST