Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkDoes anyone experience Blackouts/Electricity Cuts?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Does anyone experience Blackouts/Electricity Cuts?

#1 by Billj » Sat Dec 14, 2019 21:06

The main reason I always miss the "Weekly Contest" bonus is due to Blackouts and Electricity Cuts in my c....ry.

Its just so unbelievable that it is "SO BEAUTIFUL, ARTISTIC" :lol: . We barely have electricity for more than 12 hours a day. Electricity is a luxury.

Please how many of you guys are facing this problem? If there are no replies, it means I am alone making my area unique.
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#2 by Arvind9 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 23:52

Not where I stay but in our country in many places there is no electricity for 12-15 hours everyday,in many rural areas electricity is only for 12 hours a month and no electricity because there are no electricity lines
Arvind9
Posts4,530
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,679
Likes Received2,742/2,004

#3 by tasman1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 00:00

Revolution is answer or suffer another million years ,
tasman1
Posts15,786
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,219
Likes Received15,596/8,125

#4 by Darkstar2 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 13:20

Billj wrote: The main reason I always miss the "Weekly Contest" bonus is due to Blackouts and Electricity Cuts in my c....ry.

Its just so unbelievable that it is "SO BEAUTIFUL, ARTISTIC" :lol: . We barely have electricity for more than 12 hours a day. Electricity is a luxury.

Please how many of you guys are facing this problem? If there are no replies, it means I am alone making my area unique.

You are NOT alone, there is a term for that, and I heard planned outages are common in some countries for whatever reason. Here in North America, if people lose power for even 1 hour they go nuts :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts16,917
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,148
Likes Received12,300/6,536

#5 by valerie » Sun Dec 15, 2019 15:06

I know some years ago I read about areas in the USA that elect to have their electric go off
at certain times of the day and also some that voted yay or nay for that.

One of the main nay's for that is related to health. People that must be on electrical devices
in home health care.
valerie
Posts21,828
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,351
Likes Received19,567/8,241

#6 by Billj » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11

Frankly, I am relieved and somehow happy to here this. So I am not alone. Thanks Arvind9, we will keep on fighting and never give up. This is a real MOTIVATION!
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#7 by Billj » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:15

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#8 by Darkstar2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22

valerie wrote: I know some years ago I read about areas in the USA that elect to have their electric go off
at certain times of the day and also some that voted yay or nay for that.

One of the main nay's for that is related to health. People that must be on electrical devices
in home health care.

What about hospitals, are they exempt from that ? You'd think they would keep electricity for essential services. As far as home care, there are probably alternatives like generators, long lasting batteries, etc. For example for CPAP, it can operate with high capacity / long lasting batteries.

As far as planned outages, I'm sure it does not happen in winter states, during the winter time with potential for pipes to freeze and burst.

Though it might not be such a bad idea to cut electricity for few hours each day, so people can return back to their roots and human self, BUT, that won't work because people will still be glued to their smartphone and play candy crusher, do facebook, instagram, tinder and all that crap :P Besides maybe in some distant future, most homes will have solar panels and operate on hybrid power, power goes out, you still have electricity in your home for lights, TV, phone computer, because nowadays modern flat screen TVs and electronics consume little power, so people can still find sneaky ways to continue their routine during a planned outage......
Darkstar2
Posts16,917
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,148

#9 by Billj » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:22

I heard the US celebrated 50 years of constant electricity supply some time ago. I love the US because when it comes to Electricity, the problem is not the availability, but the socio-cultural behavior and reasoning of the people of an area which determines if there is power or not.

In other words, people are voting for electricity to be turned off or on, but the fact is there is more than enough power for all. That is great! It is similar to healthy vegetarians who decide not to eat meat because they have abundant plant food sources.
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#10 by valerie » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:22

I dunno. I don't remember. Seems like it was Nevada but I can't say for sure.

CPAP, I dunno. I'll ask my sister. Her husband is on CPAP.

I do imagine a lot of electronics and health items have a battery backup.

I can remember checking batters into IV devices when I worked in a hospital.
valerie
Posts21,828
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given5,351
Likes Received19,567/8,241

#11 by Darkstar2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:43

valerie wrote: I dunno. I don't remember. Seems like it was Nevada but I can't say for sure.

Yes they have battery backup, of course we are not talking your standard remote control batteries :D they are bigger and high capacity, made especially for the medical equipment. Modern electronic components consume much less power now - Hospitals also have generators and there is back-up power for monitors. For CPAP you have the option of using integrated packs, but any battery can only supply power for a limited time, usually a couple of hours, maybe 8+ for CPAP, so hospitals should have reserve packs handy, if otherwise power outages last too long that can be a problem, for hospitals, not a problem due to the generators, but for in home care, it can be an issue if power outage lasts too long and you don't have the adequate backup.
Darkstar2
Posts16,917
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given6,148

#12 by tasman1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 15:25

What is electricity ? Some here say we will have that in some distant future

But I do not care , cave is warm and dry , good enought
tasman1
Posts15,786
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given14,219
Likes Received15,596/8,125

#13 by dokyoung » Mon Dec 16, 2019 16:10

In my country it is soo bad sometimes they just blink it and if they leave the lights on for about 12 or more just know in days to come it will go bad. We depend on on generators
dokyoung
Posts14
Member Since29 Sep 2016
Last Visit8 Oct 2021
Likes Given0
Likes Received6/3

#14 by Gurlinnorex » Tue Dec 17, 2019 06:10

Billj wrote: The main reason I always miss the "Weekly Contest" bonus is due to Blackouts and Electricity Cuts in my c....ry.

You are not alone, Billj! :) It's become so common in some parts of my country that people have resorted to throwing parties in anticipation! It's great to know people out there understand this predicament and I was excited to read about this here...
Gurlinnorex
Posts5
Member Since6 Nov 2019
Last Visit15 Sep 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received1/1

#15 by Billj » Tue Dec 17, 2019 08:26

dokyoung wrote: In my country it is soo bad sometimes they just blink it and if they leave the lights on for about 12 or more just know in days to come it will go bad. We depend on on generators

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow! Naija na wa!
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#16 by Billj » Tue Dec 17, 2019 08:31

valerie wrote: I dunno. I don't remember. Seems like it was Nevada but I can't say for sure.

Thanks valerie for this enlightenment. I'm sure it was "FAKE NEWS". I still admire the US though, because you guys try hard to make sure power is NOT a problem.
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#17 by Billj » Tue Dec 17, 2019 08:34

Gurlinnorex wrote:

You are not alone, Billj! :) It's become so common in some parts of my country that people have resorted to throwing parties in anticipation! It's great to know people out there understand this predicament and I was excited to read about this here...

:D :D :D South Africa!!! Maybe the only reliable source of information now is SOCIAL MEDIA. From what I see on tv, I believed South Africa had no Power Outages (electricity cuts). I'm actually learning alot here. I'm really having fun!!!
Billj
Posts124
Member Since25 Apr 2017
Last Visit17 Mar 2021
Likes Given43
Likes Received99/48

#18 by Gurlinnorex » Wed Jan 01, 2020 06:45

Now that you've mentioned it Billj, I may have violated some unspoken law by releasing that information here :silent: and may need to go into hiding... :lol:

On the other hand I'm surprised to hear that you believe what you see on TV...?!When in fact there are many high profile individuals who get great TV coverage, openly lead dubious lifestyles, get away with it and we all know why. :(
Gurlinnorex
Posts5
Member Since6 Nov 2019
Last Visit15 Sep 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received1/1
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 16, 2021 02:46:03 EST