Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkThanksgiving 25% discount on Malwarebytes!
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Thanksgiving 25% discount on Malwarebytes!

#1 by Darkstar2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 22:27

First, Happy Thanksgiving :)

Second, there is a 25% discount offer for MalwareBytes Premium until upcoming Monday. Malwarebyes is a top solution for real time malware protection and helps protects your browsing from malicious sites and malware. If you want you browse online with peace of mind, you can take advantage of the 25% discount. The free version is ok BUT it does not have realtime protection. The Premium version has real time and stops the malware before it is installed. I have just purchased a 1 year, 2 device protection licence for $41.xx USD, tax included. I also recommend this software alongside Avira Pro - for both optimal malware and virus protection. Avira also offers a 30% discount for a limited time.
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785
Likes Received11,851/6,149

#2 by valerie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 06:24

Operating systems?
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096
Likes Received18,917/7,794

#3 by valerie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 06:43

I do have Malwarebytes on my IMAC. I've always used the free version but I will look into the upgraded.
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096

#4 by Darkstar2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 09:09

valerie wrote: I do have Malwarebytes on my IMAC. I've always used the free version but I will look into the upgraded.

This text is directly form site: "Available on Windows, Mac, and Android devices (iOS only in App Store)"
There is a new version 4 out which is lighter and faster. I like the interface so far, it is simple. Though I had to make some custom adjustments. You can disable statistics usage (the spying on you part, aggregate data, but still, so I disabled that. :D )

If you have only ONE device, make sure you select 1 device, it is the least expensive. If you want to protect more than one computer / device, you will need to select the amount of devices at checkout, for example 2 computers/devices = 2 licences......etc. This does NOT replace an anti-virus though, it is best for malware/malicious sites/malvertising/fraud sites, mainly web browsing related which is why it works best alongside a good AV, like Avira for example.

As far as the FREE version, very limited, be careful, it is not protecting you in real time, it only has an on demand scanner and tells you about infection AFTER the fact, not good. The paid version has real-time protection so when you visit sites it will stop the crap on its tracks before installing on your PC and you will get a notification that a site was blocked, etc.
They have hourly updates too, which is good. A bit on the $$$ side, as in the old days you paid for software and it was yours for many years until upgrade, so this you have to pay every year FULL price at renewal unless of course there are specials like ThanksGiving, President's day etc. Be careful also, when you order, you are set by default to auto renewal be it PayPal or Credit Card, you can turn off auto renewal of course, but just so you know, without your action, this setting will cause you to be billed at expiry, automatically. It's best to turn it off so you manually renew on the next special.
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785

#5 by valerie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:45

Great Information!
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096

#6 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:21

Did pop up here , just another add , how much are we paid per add that we report here ?? strange , we can advertise now here

lets start .... Coca Cola cost 33% less if you buy 2 , valid until next Monday..... ok , who and how I will be paid
Last edited by tasman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts14,293
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,772
Likes Received14,351/7,381

#7 by valerie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:25

tasman1 wrote: Did pop up here , just another add , how much are we paid per add that we report here ?? strange , we can advertise now here

lets start .... Coca Cola cost 33% less if you buy 2 , valid until next Monday..... ok , who and how I will be paid

YOU are only allowed to advertise bananas and wallaby's......and maybe Big Foot.
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096

#8 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:35

valerie wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Did pop up here , just another add , how much are we paid per add that we report here ?? strange , we can advertise now here

YOU are only allowed to advertise bananas and wallaby's......and maybe Big Foot.

Hmm , That add I posted here did not paid me 1/10 of cent , do I send screenshot for proof ? I am not going to work for free
tasman1
Posts14,293
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,772

#9 by Darkstar2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 18:46

This is not an ad, you are not allowed to advertise your affiliate links :P This is not my company, this is general news, I do not make nay profits from this, nor did I post URL / links. I happen to stumble upon this thanksgiving discount and thought I'd share it.

They should at least give their customers a free year renewal for referring new clients :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785

#10 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 18:56

Darkstar2 wrote:

This is not an ad, you are not allowed to advertise your affiliate links :P This is not my company, this is general news, I do not make nay profits from this, nor did I post URL / links. I happen to stumble upon this thanksgiving discount and thought I'd share it.

They should at least give their customers a free year renewal for referring new clients :lol:

\

It is add and ySense is building a jail for folks who post adds , like you

Valerie will be Prison Warden , you better behave and hide
tasman1
Posts14,293
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,772

#11 by Darkstar2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 19:20

tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:

\

It is add and ySense is building a jail for folks who post adds , like you

Valerie will be Prison Warden , you better behave and hide

Yeah like you see me posting ads all the time here, I should be filthy rich now as an advertiser already, shame on me.
If you cannot make a difference between posting an actual affiliate link / external site, vs, posting something GENERAL and sharing general helpful information, then it is not my problem, or would you rather have I posted a complaint or something incendiary, then you would not have complained. Thank you for proving my point I was making in another post, some people complain just for the fun of it, be it a good post, positive, helpful, complaint, bad, does not matter, there will always be something ... I could have posted this topic on NB and it would have been fine too.

I am not earning anything from this, and it is not an ad. It would be the same equivalent of me saying hey I've been at a store today and they had a Black Friday sale........ BTW, there is a jail for people hijacking topics and turning them into live volcanos :P

Did you actually "REPORT" my post ? Shame on you, it is kind of ironic if you did and I think you know why :P

but that's fine, 2 way street....

Share and share alike, you know what they say huh, throw a stone across the fence, receive 3 bricks :P
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 19:30 » edited 4 times in total
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785

#12 by proadco » Thu Nov 28, 2019 21:14

The spineless complainers who never starts topics and never makes comments.
proadco
Posts3,846
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit15 Jan 2021
Likes Given2,237
Likes Received1,953/1,325

#13 by valerie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 22:13

My gosh, I think he was just being his same ole joking self, Darkstar2.
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096

#14 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 22:27

valerie wrote: My gosh, I think he was just being his same ole joking self, Darkstar2.

Can not understand how he can not understand what is a joke........ ok Darkstar I did NOT report you

Did you report me for Coca Cola add here ? I will NOT like to FINISH in ySense jail :mrgreen:
tasman1
Posts14,293
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given12,772

#15 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 09:58

valerie wrote: My gosh, I think he was just being his same ole joking self, Darkstar2.

Oh ok then, I can take a joke, but in his post he wrote "...that we report......" made it seem like he reported my "AD".
The reason I reacted the way I did is because there are lot of people who report posts on forums in general, for no valid reason, and the very same people who don't start topics or contribute anything, I agree with Rod 100% on that one, he calls them the spineless complainers who don't start topics or comment, sorry but I have to say things as they are, I thought you reported me Tasman1, and considering you've made also some quite controversial posts, it was a shock and kinda ironic So it's all cool.

Besides this topic will be irrelevant soon and I'll have to edit the first post on Monday, since the discount comes to an end Monday, so hurry now is your last chance for a great deal on your peace of mind and keeping your browsing safe with this amazing software :lol:

Hurry now, there may not be another offer of this kind for a while, order now :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785

#16 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01

tasman1 wrote:

Can not understand how he can not understand what is a joke........ ok Darkstar I did NOT report you

Did you report me for Coca Cola add here ? I will NOT like to FINISH in ySense jail :mrgreen:

I can. But the "we report" part made you seem like you are one of those that report posts. I'll take any joke and anything, but that well, was kinda odd. So anyhow stay tune for my next ad copy..... :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,799
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,785

#17 by valerie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27

He does not have refined English. He is Croatian.
valerie
Posts20,852
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,096
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Mar 3, 2021 16:18:24 EST