Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkJust Curious ....... tasman1
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Just Curious ....... tasman1

Locked

#1 by tasman1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 14:27

Just Curious , must ask you

What do you think in time you do not think and what you do in time you do nothing ?
tasman1
Posts12,295
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,281
Likes Received12,683/6,454

#2 by Arvind9 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 14:51

You defined a useless and hopeless person.
Arvind9
Posts2,637
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,704
Likes Received1,503/1,090

#3 by valerie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 15:10

I dunno. I lost my cylinders.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#4 by proadco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 16:53

tasman1 wrote: Just Curious , must ask you

What do you think in time you do not think and what you do in time you do nothing ?

This sounds like the formula that leads many to do penny banging Surveys
proadco
Posts3,846
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit17 May 2020
Likes Given2,237
Likes Received1,951/1,325

#5 by Darkstar2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 20:35

valerie wrote: I dunno. I lost my cylinders.

Notice how nobody even bothered to answer our requests in regards to this month's drastic drop in surveys.

I think this site lost its cylinders as well :P
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#6 by valerie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 20:55

Darkstar2 wrote:
valerie wrote: I dunno. I lost my cylinders.

Notice how nobody even bothered to answer our requests in regards to this month's drastic drop in surveys.

I think this site lost its cylinders as well :P

I've been working in product sampling for various companies, going on about 6 or 7 years.
That and a couple of other things I plan to focus more attention on next year. But I have
noticed more and more GPT's, not to mention other things popping up lately. So I don't
really see GPT being dead but I do think it's going to get more targeted, more mobile.

I don't know what to think about Prodege and ySense. It kind of reminds me of a grand
parent giving their grand kids a slice of pie and saying.....here ya go, go at it, make it or
break it.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#7 by tasman1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 21:03

Darkstar2 wrote:
valerie wrote: I dunno. I lost my cylinders.

Notice how nobody even bothered to answer our requests in regards to this month's drastic drop in surveys.

I think this site lost its cylinders as well :P





I did reply to you but it is in another topic ... you will find it, and once more here it is

It is OK . JOBS are going to East now , please use boat and row to nearest refuge center in Asia , ask to be profesional refuge and you will have more jobs , read surveys , good luck
tasman1
Posts12,295
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,281
Likes Received12,683/6,454

#8 by tasman1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 21:26

Plus my another topic today ...................................................5 payments in 7 day

[Post] #1 by tasman1 » Today, 19:17
LOOKS HOW I LIKE IT

ySense payment No 20..........tasman1
by tasman1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 16:48

ySense Payment No 21 for ....tasman1
by tasman1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 14:17

ySense Pay No 22 for ....tasman1
by tasman1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 17:32

ySense Payment No 23 .......tasman1
by tasman1 » Yesterday, 17:17

Pay No 24 from yS was SUPERFAST .....tasman1
by tasman1 » Today, 17:02
tasman1
Posts12,295
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,281
Likes Received12,683/6,454

#9 by Darkstar2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 22:13

valerie wrote:

I've been working in product sampling for various companies, going on about 6 or 7 years.

So you are the person we sometimes at the grocery store handing out food samples to shoppers :lol: ?

Quote:
But I have noticed more and more GPT's, not to mention other things popping up lately. So I don't
really see GPT being dead but I do think it's going to get more targeted, more mobile.

Yeah that's like wild mushroom proliferating on people's lawn, means nothing There are many new sites opening, most are just JUNK, including GPTs, crap offers, crap low paid surveys, high cashout minimums, inexperienced admins, lack of surveys, delay in payment, no payment, scams, etc, how many GOOD / DECENT GPTs are opening, there is a big difference here.....

Quote:
I don't know what to think about Prodege and ySense. It kind of reminds me of a grand
parent giving their grand kids a slice of pie and saying.....here ya go, go at it, make it or
break it.

No it's more like a new company that was soliciting support for investors, so you invested millions based on company promises, they gave you 3 months of good results, and suddenly on the 4th month they revert their ways and cut your shares down 70% of their value. :P
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#10 by proadco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 22:25

Quote:#9 by Darkstar2 »
No it's more like a new company that was soliciting support for investors, so you invested millions based on company promises, they gave you 3 months of good results, and suddenly on the 4th month they revert their ways and cut your shares down 70% of their value. :P

I informed you a few months back that the company has no intentions to show a profit for this year for tax purposes, between the purchase price and lack of revenue earnings becomes a tax write off for the last two quarters of the year.

According to Psychic Friends Network, its going to be a grind till around 1st part of February.

If you can find some hidden treasures with pennies and cash, you will be rewarded when you reach the minimum cash out.
proadco
Posts3,846
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit17 May 2020
Likes Given2,237
Likes Received1,951/1,325

#11 by valerie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 06:18

@Darkstar2

'Product Sampling' = companies giving their products free in exchange for an honest review

It's rarely food.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#12 by Darkstar2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 20:34

valerie wrote: @Darkstar2

'Product Sampling' = companies giving their products free in exchange for an honest review

It's rarely food.

So you are not the "Sampling Lady" at Costco ? :lol:

Yes I am aware of that freebies in exchange for a positive review, :P I used to be a member of a freebie site in the old days before earning online, don't know if it still exists, but they had only free stuff, and I remember receiving quite a few free samples of stuff before, no reviews were needed. There's also Pinecone - received quite a lot of stuff to try out and review, unfortunately they banned me because I was inactive for a while as I had to commit to my full time freelance work. Pinecone is the best paid product testing and survey panel, $3 per survey + $3 per test product, unfortunately their support is GARBAGE and arrogant, it wasn't my fault I had to be inactive, they refused to reinstate my account.
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#13 by valerie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 21:27

Noooo

I am a product sampler for major companies.

I receive electronics (laptops, etc), furnishings, lawn/garden equipment, etc.

You know something, I have never been inside a Costco. Not any Costco around my area.

Pinecone kicked me out too. :lol:
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#14 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 01:23

valerie wrote:
Pinecone kicked me out too. :lol:

Oh ? Why ? Inactivity ? Pinecone is a DISGRACE of a company I lost all my respect for that company. For years I was a panel member in good standing accumulating a large portfolio of completed surveys, luckily I always did cash out and never left a balance, luckily the minimum there was $3. Their support that was once top notch is ARROGANT, RUDE and CONDESCENDING, so as far as Pinecone they can kiss my arse, they deserve a 1 star review for how I was treated by this monstrous joke of a panel.

There is no Costco where you live, too bad, instead of buying TP on Amazon imagine the quantity you could buy at Costco, they sell them in bulk :lol:

As far as being a product sampler so you get all those stuff delivered to you for free just to suck up to them ? What's the catch ? :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#15 by valerie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 07:32

Inactivity I guess. I couldn't log in one day and contacted them with no reply.
I did not run over there every time they would send an email. Plus, I got tired
of them because all they wanted to talk about and send me was bladder pads. :roll:

No, no Costco any where around here that I know of. I am in West KY and I don't
know of any in the entire area. When I lived in TN, there was none in that area
either.

No I don't suck up to them. :lol: It's very important to leave honest reviews.
Some products they send are not even on the market yet. The catch is, they
want an honest review. Some want videos but not always. Some want two
photo's of the item. Some want six photos of the item. They want to know
what you liked about it, what you didn't like about it, how you use it, etc etc.

Over the years I have received TV's, Laptops, Sewing Machines, Entertainment Centers, Beds, Mattresses, Tools of all sort, Garden Equipment, Printers, Desks, Craft Machines, Smart Watches/Fitness, Electric Blankets, Clothes, Shoes, Automative Stuff, Tires, Photo Frames, Coffee Makers, CrockPots, Pressure Cookers, Pan Sets, Dishes, Pet Supplies, etc.

Much of the stuff is very good. Some is not so good. Submitting HONEST reviews is important.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#16 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 09:02

valerie wrote: Inactivity I guess. I couldn't log in one day and contacted them with no reply.
I did not run over there every time they would send an email. Plus, I got tired
of them because all they wanted to talk about and send me was bladder pads. :roll:

That's strange, they sent me a variety of products different each time, mostly food items and beverage and generous quantities of each. One time I got an entire box of cereal, 6 pack of beverage, etc, the pay is always $3 per survey and $3 for the product test follow-up, so $6 - very competitive rates for surveys, usually reasonable LOI, too bad that their crappy support ruins everything. Another issue with Pinecone, they never tell you in advance you are going to get a parcel delivered - it would be nice and courteous at least if they warned you ahead of time that a product was shipped along with the tracking number, so you are sure to be home that day to pick it up, because they DO send by priority mail but I don't think with signature required. In terms of pay rate for surveys they are good, unfortunately in terms of support and management they suck big time, and the amount of surveys with them is low, usually a few invites per month tops.

Quote:
No, no Costco any where around here that I know of. I am in West KY and I don't
know of any in the entire area. When I lived in TN, there was none in that area
either.

Very strange, Costco is American. There is a Costco in Florence, Lexington and Louisville, probably more areas,
perhaps not one near by where you live, but in the state, yes.

Quote:
No I don't suck up to them. :lol: It's very important to leave honest reviews.

What if you hate a product and write negative reviews, do they still send you products ? No company wants negative press online. Do you get to KEEP the products or are you expected to return them back ? I know that some Youtubers do this and get sent free sometimes very expensive products, though rarely have I seen a YouTuber bash their own sponsors :P I think a YouTuber became a millionaire doing this over the years, reviewing computer parts and tech stuff, have you heard of Linus TechTips, the guy lives off of reviewing stuff, he makes millions ! :P

Quote:
Some products they send are not even on the market yet. The catch is, they
want an honest review. Some want videos but not always. Some want two
photo's of the item. Some want six photos of the item. They want to know
what you liked about it, what you didn't like about it, how you use it, etc etc.

That sounds like a great opportunity, and I guess they must have you sign a NDA stuff. Is this something available in Canada or US only ? As far as honest review they'd have no problems with me, as far as asking for video and photos I guess they want to prove you are actually using the product and not just writing up a review :D

Quote:
Over the years I have received TV's, Laptops, Sewing Machines, Entertainment Centers, Beds, Mattresses, Tools of all sort, Garden Equipment, Printers, Desks, Craft Machines, Smart Watches/Fitness, Electric Blankets, Clothes, Shoes, Automative Stuff, Tires, Photo Frames, Coffee Makers, CrockPots, Pressure Cookers, Pan Sets, Dishes, Pet Supplies, etc.

:D So basically you become a warehouse :lol: Do you actually get to keep it all or sell it afterwards, though since some items are not available yet and under NDA, you would definitely be forbidden to sell it, they are giving you those items on a loaner I assume, meaning it is their property basically or they get it shipped back at their expense ?

Quote:
Much of the stuff is very good. Some is not so good. Submitting HONEST reviews is important.

When I was with Pinecone I had to at times write negative reviews because some of the products they sent were ridiculously sweet, and one of the beverages they sent me was basically poison in a can, so disgusting and full of bad stuff you could easily clean toilet bowls sparkling clean in minutes and your entire bathroom sparkling clean, I remember that one time it was so nasty that I ended throwing the rest of the cans ..... Most of the time though the products were good also.

Receiving TVs, laptops, electronic stuff that sounds great, I wish I could do that as opposed to testing food lol.
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#17 by valerie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 09:43

No, there is nothing physical to sign in doing product sampling.
You are committed to abide by their rules. If you don't, you will be kicked and not receive products any more.
It cost nothing. Everything is yours to keep.

You have to be nice. :lol:

I'll make some examples for you......

Bad Reviewer: I hated this product. I wouldn't welcome it to my worst enemy! The color is garish red. I hate garish red. There is a manual that comes with it but I didn't read it cause it is too much to read. I don't know what anyone would use this for. Go buy something else!

Good Reviewer: This product is functional as described. The color red is more of an orange red. Included is a manual that is extremely thorough. I can see how this would be useful to many people and make great gifts.

You have to be partial. In other words, if you hate the color red, you don't say I hate the color red. This is because there are people that love the color red and no one cares if you hate red or not. Just because you don't read the manual due to it's size is no reason to give it a bad review. After all, you should have read it. The review needs to be rather long.

Well I do get food items at times but rarely. A couple of years ago I received an entire case of a
new Reesee's candy bar. It was funny in a sad way. It was after my husband passed away and I
did not feel like eating. There was 48 candy bars in the case.....I ate every single one of them! Not
at one time of course. But several a day. I lived off them for two weeks.

NO you cannot sell the products. Thats a big no no. NO you cannot give away the products. You
are allowed to throw the product away after some time. It varies depending on product/company
rules.....usually 90 days. If they find out you've gone against the rules, you are banished.

I received very expensive baby strollers, car seats, and high chairs. At one time I was receiving a
lot of those and a lot of vacuum cleaners. My house was decorated in high chairs with stuffed animals
and dolls in them. Yep, you pretty much become a warehouse. You don't send items back. They
are yours to keep forever. You don't pay any shipping or anything.

Research it. Do a google search for 'product sampling' if you want to learn more.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#18 by valerie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 09:45

Oh and Pinecone, I did receive a few different things.

The big issue I found was they simply did not send enough surveys.

Just because I am in my 60's, does not mean I wear diapers and chomp on vitamins all day. :mrgreen:
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#19 by Darkstar2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 20:14

valerie wrote: No, there is nothing physical to sign in doing product sampling.
You are committed to abide by their rules. If you don't, you will be kicked and not receive products any more.
It cost nothing. Everything is yours to keep.

You have to be nice. :lol:

Of course, I have no problems with that, never been kicked out of any panel I was on, the only time was Pinecone, and it was not for breaking rules, it was for inactivity even though I warned them that I would be inactive, so they are scum of the earth :P

Quote:
Bad Reviewer: I hated this product. I wouldn't welcome it to my worst enemy! The color is garish red. I hate garish red. There is a manual that comes with it but I didn't read it cause it is too much to read. I don't know what anyone would use this for. Go buy something else!

Yeah this is the kind of review one would write on a forum, personal blog or Youtube :lol:
SO basically they are asking for professional reviews, a little sugar coated with a tad of cinnamon :P
So where do you write those reviews on their site ? or a follow-up survey ?

Quote:
I can see how this would be useful to many people and make great gifts.

Is this what you say when reviewing toilet paper too ? :P

Quote:
NO you cannot sell the products. Thats a big no no. NO you cannot give away the products. You
are allowed to throw the product away after some time. It varies depending on product/company
rules.....usually 90 days. If they find out you've gone against the rules, you are banished.

Not only that, they can take legal actions, especially a product that is not on the market, this is a severe violation.
People get sued for violating NDAs, unofficial products and leaks can cause significant harm to a company, and basically in America and Canada, you can get sued for about anything if a company has good lawyers (liars) :lol:

Quote:
Research it. Do a google search for 'product sampling' if you want to learn more.

There are lot of scams here in the mystery shopper and product sampling arena, I cannot see anything in google other than direct panel survey site, most are garbage, have little surveys and have high cashout limits. This is why I joined CS, as I was tired of the direct panels garbage out there.

The only company I am aware that works in Canada is Pinecone. There is another one I did a product test for recently, through an offer on ySense, I received the product and everything, they initially promised me $6 in cash, but in the end they pulled a bait and switch and sent an Amazon gift card instead the cheap scammers.
At least with Pinecone, they offered a PayPal option OR one of many items in the reward store. I'm going to try to get back in, I'll try a complaint with the BBB :D
Darkstar2
Posts13,635
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,805/5,429

#20 by valerie » Sat Nov 23, 2019 21:16

You could probably join PineCone again with a different email address.
Tell them that was your dad before. You are Junior. :lol:

Reviews are usually submitted through a program that passes the review
to the company. The company then sends an email allowing the product
sampler to know the review has been posted/accepted.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: May 30, 2020 10:08:49 EST