Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkPOLL_ Are you here for CASH or for Gift Cards ?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
POLL_ Are you here for CASH or for Gift Cards ?

What is your MAIN reason for being here ?

Poll ended Tue Dec 03, 2019 09:27  »  Voted by 179 members  »  Single-choice
96%
4%

#1 by Darkstar2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 13:45

This is my own poll - Please take it seriously and be honest - this is for own personal research :)
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Likes Received10,806/5,430

#2 by S_Abbott » Tue Aug 20, 2019 15:41

I joined CLIX SENSE to earn money. At one point in time, it was a necessity.

I absolutely refused to join offer/survey sites as back in the day, they were pretty scammy/scummy, and the owners of such were nasty, greedy, borish people. And that's why I got upset when Jim threw us a monkey wrench and took CS in this newer direction.

Believe me, in 2007 (when CS new) we were warned not to join. And the originators of CS were some of the worst scammers online back in the day.

I did NOT join ySense. That was taken out of my hands. I have money in my account from ClixSense. Stagnating. As U.S. members are constantly being blown off with bogus answers about cashouts. And people trying to guilt us into silence.

I joined cash back sites for both cash and gift cards.

This is my own personal honest answer, maybe too much so, but it should count for something. ;)
S_Abbott
Posts573
Member Since14 Sep 2007
Last Visit7 Apr 2020
Likes Given493
Likes Received512/266

#3 by tasman1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 16:00

Cash is King
tasman1
Posts12,295
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,281
Likes Received12,683/6,454

#4 by Darkstar2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 19:39

S_Abbott wrote:

Believe me, in 2007 (when CS new) we were warned not to join. And the originators of CS were some of the worst scammers online back in the day.

I remember those warnings - I think you are referring to the payment processor Stormpay But regardless of original owner's skeletons, CS turned out fine.

Quote:
I did NOT join ySense. That was taken out of my hands. I have money in my account from ClixSense. Stagnating. As U.S. members are constantly being blown off with bogus answers about cashouts. And people trying to guilt us into silence.

I joined cash back sites for both cash and gift cards.

This is my own personal honest answer, maybe too much so, but it should count for something. ;)

Really you mean to say U.S. members cannot cash out still ????

As far as the guilt you into silence I know what you mean .......... :)
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#5 by susssaaaan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 16:16

Most of asian members, especially indonesia want cash only. Amazon gift cards are useless for us, we are not amazon customer.
There are many online shops in our country with goods that are more in line with our needs, at lower prices & shipping cost. Why do we have to shop at an online shop located in USA with very expensive shipping cost?
Last edited by susssaaaan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 16:46 » edited 3 times in total
susssaaaan
Posts47
Member Since15 Oct 2017
Last Visit26 May 2020
Likes Given10
Likes Received33/22

#6 by tasman1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 21:35

Most are for cash , only 3 for gift card , here is who they are

Gift card lover

1. Valerie

2. Valerie

3. Valerie
Think she is gift card adicted :lol:
tasman1
Posts12,295
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given11,281
Likes Received12,683/6,454

#7 by valerie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 22:04

tasman1 wrote: Most are for cash , only 3 for gift card , here is who they are

Gift card lover

1. Valerie

2. Valerie

3. Valerie

sshhhhhush tasman1 or I will edit the poll count and it will be 3 for cash and 100 for gift cards.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273
Likes Received17,663/7,012

#8 by Darkstar2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 22:35

valerie wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Most are for cash , only 3 for gift card , here is who they are

Gift card lover

1. Valerie

2. Valerie

3. Valerie

sshhhhhush tasman1 or I will edit the poll count and it will be 3 for cash and 100 for gift cards.

I would like to believe that nobody here would stoop so low as to rig polls.

On that note, I was expecting more people to vote, this is a serious and legitimate poll.

Though it would be nice to run 2 polls one for US members only and one for international members only - Maybe the results would be different for U.S., though I think overall more people would want the CASH. With international members I would say more would want the CASH, particularly those who do not have a stable job or no job at all and want every possible earnings they can make....for some members earnings here represent most of their income, so statistically it would be reasonable for them to want CASH, whilst for some members this could not represent their main income and more like a small extra, so they would likely use it for shopping.
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#9 by valerie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 05:26

What difference does it make?

Members can cash out by way of cash or by way of virtual gift codes/gift cards.

Of course some are waiting for Payoneer and/or Skrill.

So I don't really understand these pointless topics BUT it is ok. Most the
General Discussion sub forum is pointless.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273

#10 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 09:22

valerie wrote: What difference does it make?

Members can cash out by way of cash or by way of virtual gift codes/gift cards.

Of course some are waiting for Payoneer and/or Skrill.

So I don't really understand these pointless topics BUT it is ok. Most the
General Discussion sub forum is pointless.

I disagree with you - this poll IS a serious topic and is a legit poll, compared to the many silly polls people made, this is actually a serious one. As far as the general section it is only temporary, we are all going to be back to discussing the aliens, conspiracy, life on other planets and life stories as we did before - besides new company has an ambassador now reminding us day to day - nothing bad about that, would you rather have silly topics or complaints, looking for life on other planets, THAT is silly, discussing real life issues isn't. The point being, if majority of the member base is here for cash, it would only be logical to separate gift from CASH, as some GPT do, and allow people to cash out their entire balance in one go, rather than use single or multiple denominations. What about people who do not earn as much, chances are they would have money left in their balance after using the denominations. Example, it took forever for member x to earn $14, member X can only cash out $10 in denomination, leaving $4 outstanding. What you consider SILLY all the time is actually GOOD points, many members here are backing up their complaints with VALID arguments, just like I did right now, but of course you will find a way to always demean it and call it silly. Unless of course site does not want such members here. Surveys are the #1 earner on these sites, not every members are lucky enough to get enough surveys to being able to cash out weekly or so, to some, the minimum cash out represents several months worth of activity, that same user instead of cashing out $14, will cash out $10 and have to wait who knows how long in order to reach limit, and might still have an outstanding balance after his/her next cashout.

Nothing is silly when it is backed up by arguments. What is silly are those people writing reviews online calling site a SCAM or just voicing their discontent BUT not providing arguments to back it up.
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 09:28 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#11 by valerie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02

Of course you disagree with me. I would not have doubted that for a minute.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273

#12 by proadco » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04

valerie wrote: Of course you disagree with me. I would not have doubted that for a minute.

My vote with DarkStar on this one :mrgreen:
proadco
Posts3,846
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit17 May 2020
Likes Given2,237
Likes Received1,951/1,325

#13 by valerie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06

proadco wrote:
valerie wrote: Of course you disagree with me. I would not have doubted that for a minute.

My vote with DarkStar on this one :mrgreen:

Bahhh hum bug!
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273

#14 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48

Point being Valerie is that this specific topic is a serious one, and legitimate one, I would not qualify my topic as silly, not this one. Have you seen the other polls people made on CS ? :P You never called them silly :lol: So in all fairness, this is one of the SERIOUS topics. People can be silly for whatever reason, it is beneficial and helps relieve stress.

The only way to ensure 100% that we do not carry an outstanding balance is for them to pay us surveys in increments of $10, this way we can always cash out the full amount.................. See ? Now *THAT* is silly :lol: (and creative too!)
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#15 by StetsonRebel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:04

Honestly???? lol I want CASH PERIOD!!!!!!!! Its all I ever would be using this site or any other for.....gift cards are for kids....if you want me to spend my time doing something....time is money...period....and I want money...not a gift card....and yes there is a big damn difference.....I am not a fan of liberal elite democratic companies tying to dictate to people how they are allowed to spend what they have earned which is all they ever do here in America as they try to dictate and force slavery back onto the Citizens here by taking away their rights one by one.

If you agree to pay me $4 so a 30 min survey ...and I do it and complete it...then I expect you to pay me $4...not a card that says I am allowed to get $4 credit towards my next purchase at a store that is dictated to me by the card....you see I shop where I want to when I want to if I want to...otherwise its no ones business where I shop or how I spend my money.....frankly if a company of any kind can not afford to pay cash or check for work performed in any manner then they should not be in business period....another words if you cant pay with online with Paypal...or check by mail...then I honestly hope you go out of business and will never use your site again.

If I am going to waste my free time doing surveys on a site...they can pay me PayPal or check by mail like Clixsense always did under Jim...or I can use tons of other sites to earn online...

So if this is yet another way that a so called BETTER version of this site is going to swing to improve and all these little milenial know it alls that want their star bucks gift cards because they dont have the education to read and write their own names in this generation of America and therefore are not able to understand the concept of having a bank account and debit card or paypal account.....then fine ....just all the more reason to leave here if that happens....I still hardly use the site since I knew Jim was going to sell months ago or at least seen the writing on the wall then......reason being...I dont trust it at all now....what I have earned I figure any day I will only be able to cash out for some stupid gift card only because of the things I read on redditt .....at any point...serioulsy.....if you cant pay someone cash through paypal or check like direct deposit then by all means go out of business because you shouldnt be in business if you can't understand cash flow to run a company....sorry to be so blunt and so honest but that I believe is what the question called for and nothing offends me faster than liberal ideas of the world would be better if everyone just worked all the time to earn a damn gift card on coffee
StetsonRebel
Posts45
Member Since14 Jul 2016
Last Visit26 Mar 2020
Likes Given4
Likes Received54/25

#16 by valerie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:23

Physical gift cards can be used by children and adults alike.

However, what we have online is mostly virtual/digital gift codes, often referred to as gift cards.

Some gift codes can actually be printed out and taken to the store and applied to purchases.
Others are mostly utilized online. Most famous is walmart and amazon.

I purchase products often at both Walmart and amazon. I am going to make those purchases
anyway whether I have a gift code or not. I am certainly not the only one as shopping online
is very BIG business and each year it increases.

It may save people not only time but also money.

There are several items I frequently buy online that saves me time and money.

I don't need to leave my house to buy dog food, toilet paper, and other daily necessities. I
save money on some of those products because they are cheaper online. I make money
on some of those products because I go through one or more cash back programs.

There's nothing wrong with getting cash and no one says there is. There's also nothing
wrong with getting gift cards/codes and I don't why anyone would say there is.

I've received over $40,000 in cash back since I have been online. Call me a child if
you want, I happen to know what I am doing.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273

#17 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:27

StetsonRebel wrote: Honestly???? lol I want CASH PERIOD!!!!!!!! Its all I ever would be using this site or any other for.....gift cards are for kids....

Uh-oh someone is not going to be too happy about that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
if you want me to spend my time doing something....time is money...period....and I want money...not a gift card....and yes there is a big damn difference.....I am not a fan of liberal elite democratic companies tying to dictate to people how they are allowed to spend what they have earned which is all they ever do here in America as they try to dictate and force slavery back onto the Citizens here by taking away their rights one by one.

Well there is something called free enterprise though, any company can do what they want - if they want to pay you 1 cent for 1000 hours of work, they can, as long as they inform you beforehand. If I open a candy store I can charge you $800 for a bag of 4 jelly beans, but I must inform you of the price, and believe me, people are still spending a fortune on stuff they can get at low cost or for free, :P This is why I quit all the panels that pay only by gift card, luckily most panels informed me months ahead of time of the change so I had a chance to cash out and you know what :P Some direct panels didn't they just removed the payment method and reverted all to gift cards (i.e. web perspectives), THAT would be bad. The same way it would've been bad if ySense only had gift cards and we were not informed of new policy, then all HELL would break loose :P As far as gift cards for kids, well you'd be surprised on how many adults are shopping online and using those gift cards, including older folks too, but I am not convinced they represent the majority, not on this site :)

Quote:
If you agree to pay me $4 so a 30 min survey ...and I do it and complete it...then I expect you to pay me $4...not a card that says I am allowed to get $4 credit towards my next purchase at a store that is dictated to me by the card....you see I shop where I want to when I want to if I want to...otherwise its no ones business where I shop or how I spend my money.....frankly if a company of any kind can not afford to pay cash or check for work performed in any manner then they should not be in business period....another words if you cant pay with online with Paypal...or check by mail...then I honestly hope you go out of business and will never use your site again.

I agree with you on the first part, offering cash should be a minimum, I left sites that didn't offer cash.
As far as check, well most GPTs do not have this method and those that did are transitioning away from it, in the electronic age, checks are going to become more and more obsolete, though some existing panels do send by check, but yeah they should at least have ONE method PayPal or Check, both would be optimal too but rare nowadays. Though offering PayPal on GPT should be a minimum, except the scammy sites that offer BTC only or crypto.

Quote:
hardly use the site since I knew Jim was going to sell months ago or at least seen the writing on the wall

I knew from 4+ years ago he was going to sell when the price is right :P As far as the writing on the wall it was so obvious - When it was announced that CSR the affiliate research company was closing, that sealed the deal :mrgreen:

Quote:
then......reason being...I dont trust it at all now....what I have earned I figure any day I will only be able to cash out for some stupid gift card only because of the things I read on redditt .....at any point...serioulsy.....if you cant pay someone cash through paypal or check like direct deposit then by all means go out of business because you shouldnt be in business if you can't understand cash flow to run a company....sorry to be so blunt and so honest but that I believe is what the question called for and nothing offends me faster than liberal ideas of the world would be better if everyone just worked all the time to earn a damn gift card on coffee

I don't think Prodege will eliminate CASH methods and use only gift cards, they are still offering cash methods on SB aren't they ? No doubt in my mind, they will probably add more gift cards but removing CASH methods would be shooting themselves in the foot big time. They would not go through the trouble of getting Skrill and Payoneer.
And the day they remove cash methods they will instantly lose the precious traffic of this site, that they paid 8 figures to acquire, that would not make any business sense, so for now I am not worried about that, this is why people should not use the site as a bank account and cash out their balances whenever possible, and not keeping large outstanding balances just for bragging rights or shilling - some people on other sites leave their balance grow until it reaches 4 figures or even 5 figure so they can shill. :)

So we both are here for cash, and some are here for gift cards, one thing I find absurd is them using gift denominations for CASH methods - if my balance is $30 I would have to initiate 3 requests in 2 days, for 3 x $10, the fact they are merging gift card denoms with CASH methods is absurd, CASH methods should be separate to gift, and not use denoms. Hopefully in some distant future this can be addressed though they did say it is not a priority or short term project
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#18 by valerie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31

@Darkstar2. The gift card denominations are approved by way of those companies.....
Walmart, Amazon, etc. They use whole numbers.
valerie
Posts18,856
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,273

#19 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33

valerie wrote:
I've received over $40,000 in cash back since I have been online. Call me a child if
you want, I happen to know what I am doing.

Imagine the money you would have earned had you invested those earnings in a good portfolio by now :lol: But that is for another debate and another topic :)

But yeah I guess when you have a regular income stream (full time job, running site, other source of income) you set aside extra for shopping online, but there is a segment of traffic here that does not have an income stream other than online, and they want all the cash they can use, there are also countries where those gift codes would essentially be useless. Nothing wrong with offering gift and cash, but using fixed denoms for cash is ridiculous. There is another large reward network that is operating long before Swagbux, and they have a large amount of gift cards, but for CASH, they do not use denominations they allow you to cash out your FULL balance or a custom amount. It's understandable that for security reasons some sites might opt out using custom fields, but at minium we should be able to cash out FULL balance in one SINGLE transaction - though for now I would agree this is not a critical priority, they have bigger fish to fry right now, but this is something they should definitely look into, sooner than later :)
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822

#20 by Darkstar2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35

valerie wrote: @Darkstar2. The gift card denominations are approved by way of those companies.....
Walmart, Amazon, etc. They use whole numbers.

Again you misunderstood me - YES for gift card codes, those denoms are standard, I did not argue that. For CASH methods like PayPal, Skrill, Payoneer, etc, they should NOT be using denoms, there is no reason to, since we are not redeeming gift codes but simply a cash transfer to our payment procsesor ;)
Darkstar2
Posts13,637
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,822
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: May 30, 2020 10:31:07 EST