Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkCasa de Papel Part 3 / Money Heist 3
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Casa de Papel Part 3 / Money Heist 3

#1 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 09:43

I'm positive that Spanish members here will know what I am talking about. It is about the continuation of the very popular series: Casa De Papel. Part 3 is now available exclusively on Netflix, all 8 episodes ! It is originally a Spanish series, but is translated in many languages, including English and goes under Money Heist on Netflix. If you have not done so already I recommend watching this series, but be sure to watch part 1 and 2 first in order to understand context and character, it is very important, as part 3 is a continuation. If you watched part 1 and 2, then watch part 3. I have started watching it :) I wish it were more than 8 episodes :D

Also it was confirmed that Part 4 is planned :D

If you like good acting, thriller, suspense, action you will love this, though some of it is a bit far fetched at times, but it's a UNIQUE concept unlike the same conventional movies people watch.

Highly recommend. This is exclusively available on Netflix.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829
Likes Received11,911/6,198

#2 by valerie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 13:40

I added to my list. Looks like it is in Spanish but no doubt has English sub title.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Likes Received19,085/7,894

#3 by Nikorj » Sun Jul 21, 2019 00:47

Hmm all right then!! i'll give it a go, I might have to buy a bottle of tequila instead of usual six-pack of beers.

The last Spanish movie i saw must have been REC 4 ;)
Nikorj
Posts1,861
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last Visit31 Jan 2021
Likes Given1,414
Likes Received1,537/988

#4 by Darkstar2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 08:45

valerie wrote: I added to my list. Looks like it is in Spanish but no doubt has English sub title.

Casa de Papel IS in Spanish, so what you want to add instead is "Money Heist", and not "Casa de Papel", because Money Heist is the translated English version. You want to watch part 1 and part 2 (binge worthy) episodes first before you watch part 3, though you probably won't be able to do that in one sitting :D It's better to watch the English version than the Spanish version with English subs. So again, "Money Heist" = English audio; "Casa De Papel" = Spanish audio (original).
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#5 by valerie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 08:50

I think that is all they have....Spanish. I'll go look.

By the way, I did watch the first few minutes of it but since I don't like to read movies/shows,
I stopped watching it. Some times I will read movies if I am totally focusing on the movie. I
was also doing something else at the time so I had to stop it.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#6 by valerie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 08:55

I can't find it dubbed. All I get is Spanish.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#7 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 20:55

valerie wrote: I can't find it dubbed. All I get is Spanish.

This is very strange - Look for "Money Heist" not Casa de Papel. You should be able to get it - if it available on Netflix Canada it should be on Netflix USA - Money Heist, part, 1, part 2 and part 3.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#8 by valerie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 21:11

It is only in Spanish.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#9 by Darkstar2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 22:49

valerie wrote: It is only in Spanish.

You are probably not clicking right - I asked Netflix and they told me that all 3 parts are available in the US in English as well. Casa de Papel is in Spanish. Money Heist should be in English, with options to select other audio languages. If you hear it in Spanish then click on the icon and select English for the list of audio languages that appear.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#10 by valerie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 06:07

Ok I will see if I can choose English language.

However, I have chosen 'Money Heist'.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#11 by valerie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 14:28

I got it!

I never realize that in regards to changing it to 'audio' n then choosing 'English'.

Now I can binge watch it and not binge read it.

Thank you.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#12 by Darkstar2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 08:49

valerie wrote: I got it!

I never realize that in regards to changing it to 'audio' n then choosing 'English'.

Now I can binge watch it and not binge read it.

Thank you.

Yes there is an icon on the player bar, when you click it you will see a list of languages. Part 1 has the most episodes, 13...... Part 2 is the continuation of Part 1, 9 episodes, and Part 3, the continuation of part 2, only 8 episodes, I wish there were more :D

One thing I forgot to warn you about - Some scenes in my opinion are kinda over the top, or boring, or absolutely ridiculous, that almost put me off - but the you will get used to the characters and story, there is lot of action and thriller, but some scenes are just boring. In part 3 I'd say less of such scenes, you are more likely to encounter them in part 1.

ALSO, there is some strong language in some scenes, so just in case your ears might be sensitive to such -though it's about on par with most movies, though a bit extreme in some scenes, particularly part 3 :D

I finished season 3 - now I have to wait, those cliffhangers are crazy - I cannot wait for season 4 already, apparently they are filming.

Another series you might want to add, "Dark", exclusive Netflix series, I just started watching episode 1 so I cannot say if it is good or bad :P
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#13 by valerie » Thu Jul 25, 2019 14:08

I think I watched an episode of 'Dark'.

I have watched up to the first 5 episodes in Part 1.

Yep, some of it is goofy, silly, boring, just like you said.

I like the 'Professor'. I thought it cool the way they did
him appearing in the bar to the detective. I don't care
for her, by the way.

It's some what different and it does keep you wanting
to see what is going to happen next.

At least it's not a British series.....they consistently use
the 'c' word. I don't know why but they do and it sounds
so awful and about as dumb as it gets to constantly say
it a hundred times in a 45 minute show. I think it was
'Sneaky Pete' I tried to watch and couldn't because they
kept saying the 'c' word. :roll:

No it wasn't sneaky Pete. I can't recall the name of the
series at the moment.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#14 by valerie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 14:47

Geesh! What a performance in that kitchen! I was on the edge of my seat and when he
did you know what, I thought ohhhhh myyyyy goshhhh what is she gonna do. That scene
needs some kind of an award. The Professor/Actor played that exceptionally well.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#15 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 17:47

valerie wrote: I think I watched an episode of 'Dark'.

I have watched up to the first 5 episodes in Part 1.

Yep, some of it is goofy, silly, boring, just like you said.

Right, I almost stopped watching and was wondering how come it has rave success and number one watched show on Netflix, so I continued, glad I did. I think all those boring scenes are fillers maybe :D OR maybe it makes things a bit more realistic, they are a very "special" team :P

Quote:
I like the 'Professor'. I thought it cool the way they did
him appearing in the bar to the detective. I don't care
for her, by the way.

LOL - It's hard for me to comment I don't want to give away spoilers, but EVERY character is important. Yes El Professor, the whole concept is original and this is what kept me watching. I forgot also to mention you might be confused at times, as they may constantly go back and forth in time, showing present, then alternating with past and referencing the professor teaching his students, for context. But the whole thing, the plan, just keep watching oh and beware of a long singing scene eventually, that was kind of over the top BTW but whatever the silliness, some of the characters of the show make me keep on watching, some actors in there deserve awards !

Quote:
It's some what different and it does keep you wanting
to see what is going to happen next.

Exactly, you will want to watch part 2, then part 3, then well part 4, but part 4 is in production :D

Quote:
At least it's not a British series.....they consistently use
the 'c' word. I don't know why but they do and it sounds
so awful and about as dumb as it gets to constantly say
it a hundred times in a 45 minute show. I think it was

You mean Australian, they used that word a lot, much more. There is a c word in there somewhere in Money Heist, maybe once or twice don't remember, but remember this is originally a Spanish series, so the English audio you are hearing is dubbed, they must have done a careful translation to keep emphasis :D
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#16 by valerie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 21:19

Yep I heard the c word once in MH thus far.

I can't think of the name but some shows and movies sound so stupid
when they say the c word every other sentence. There's a series based
on Ireland during some union/gangs and that is what I was primarily thinking
of as they say it every other word.

Yes, I see they back track on the 'plan' often that is an aid in relaying what
is happening at present.

I will have to google him but feel sure the 'professor' has also acted in
American movies. He looks very familiar.

I am in Part 2. I am up to the point where the professor puts the detective
to sleep and she hitches a ride on a tractor.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#17 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 21:51

valerie wrote: Yep I heard the c word once in MH thus far.

I can't think of the name but some shows and movies sound so stupid
when they say the c word every other sentence. There's a series based
on Ireland during some union/gangs and that is what I was primarily thinking
of as they say it every other word.

Oh yeah I forgot about Ireland, and Scotland too :mrgreen:

Quote:
Yes, I see they back track on the 'plan' often that is an aid in relaying what
is happening at present.

I think it is clever - but they do need to add caption for the less observant viewers who are not used to this kind of model, perhaps something like "1 month before the heist", as most people are used to linear movies. I know that "Dark" uses this model, but it is poorly implemented and very confusing I hate it :D

In Money Heist it is properly implemented, as it is pretty much too obvious :D I prefer this method as opposed to starting out with the professor teaching and then showing the heist, this back and forth allows the viewers to be fed information little at a time, instead of overwhelmed with ALL the info as it would basically give the whole story away from the beginning. I love it how the Professor had different plans for different outcomes, and how he anticipated stuff would go wrong and what to do.... I think the "inspector" has a crucial role - keep watching :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
I will have to google him but feel sure the 'professor' has also acted in
American movies. He looks very familiar.

All cast are Spanish. The actor who plays El Professor is named Álvaro Morte. he did not do US films or TV, only Spanish, even though the actor does speak both Spanish and English. Though his role in Money Heist has made him very popular. I'm sure this was intended to be a limited series, maybe 1 season :D But it made a raving success, it is the most watched show on Netflix and people keep asking for more. This show is a ratings magnet, if somehow Netflix can provide similar programming and different shows similar to that, they would gain a considerable amount of new subscribers, not the very confusing original netflix series they have now :D BTW, add Designated Survivor to your list, all 3 seasons are there, if you are a fan of Kiefer Sutherland :D

Quote:
I am in Part 2. I am up to the point where the professor puts the detective
to sleep and she hitches a ride on a tractor.

Already ??????? You really went through part 1 so fast, you probably couldn't stop and wanted to find out what's next. Oh you mean the detective the one with a beard and glasses LOL - ok now I remember, warning c word alert, this guy has a potty mouth :lol: From this point out the suspense level has reached new heights!

Part 2 is only 9 episodes, I'm assuming since you zipped through part 1, you will finish part 2 in no time.. Then you can binge watch part 3, which is also 8 episodes. Part 2 and 3 has less of the boring, filler scenes.
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#18 by valerie » Sat Jul 27, 2019 05:51

Yep, at night I usually watch tv whilst often doing other things such as
jigsaw puzzles or going in and out of the house, etc. Big reason why I
don't like to read movies....focusing on more than the tv. I don't switch
around tv programs. If I get started watching something, I binge on it
until I have completed it.

The characters become more likable as the show goes on, and I should
also say unlikeable. That kid that laughs like a hyena, is enough to drive
a sane person insane. Reminds me of stoners....Beevis and Butthead.

I'll check out 'Designated Survivor' too.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156

#19 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 07:49

valerie wrote: Yep, at night I usually watch tv whilst often doing other things such as
jigsaw puzzles or going in and out of the house, etc. Big reason why I
don't like to read movies....focusing on more than the tv. I don't switch
around tv programs. If I get started watching something, I binge on it
until I have completed it.

The characters become more likable as the show goes on, and I should
also say unlikeable. That kid that laughs like a hyena, is enough to drive
a sane person insane. Reminds me of stoners....Beevis and Butthead.

I'll check out 'Designated Survivor' too.

Don't forget to add PRISON BREAK, all 5 seasons are there, possibly one of the best series I have watched - This is not an exclusive Netflix series, it was actually a TV series, broadcast on FOX if not mistaken. Top quality acting, perfect cast, you will probably want to binge watch that too. :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts15,910
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,829

#20 by valerie » Sat Jul 27, 2019 09:10

Not sure if I have watched prison break but it does not come up in the search.
I did try placing 'the' in front of it too but that did not work either. Maybe another
word to it?

Now you're giving me all this info and I was going to cancel at the end of the
month! :lol: I often cancel thru the summer months and go back to it in
the winter.
valerie
Posts21,005
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5,156
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Apr 17, 2021 22:01:02 EST