Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWalmart will start delivering grocery your fridge
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Walmart will start delivering grocery your fridge

Locked

Would you order Walmart grocery delivery in your fridge

Poll ended Sat Sep 21, 2019 19:42  »  Voted by 27 members  »  Single-choice
8
30%
19
70%

#1 by sweetpie3000 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 20:59

sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#2 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 21:19

A very big and resounding NO. The idea of door delivery is great, but this is too risky, this has the person deliver INSIDE your home and put your groceries away and in the fridge. The article is incomplete so there are some unanswered questions - They do mention a smart entry system, does it mean you have to change your door locks or does it work with existing ones - What about homes with alarms. So this means that Walmart would have keys or alarm codes to your residence, and the vetting is only a minimum 1 year employee ? Nope, this can go wrong in many ways. Whilst they do mention the delivery person must stream from a wearable cam, lots can go wrong with this technology (hackers or thieves can acquire your keys, codes, etc, and enter your home) This is a disaster waiting to happen. For insurance purposes, most people would require alarms in their homes, would you give your alarm entry code to a stranger, vetted or not ? Would you give your keys and allow entry to a stranger - what if this info lands in the wrong hands, disgruntled employees, past employees, etc.
Darkstar2
Posts11,847
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,084
Likes Received9,735/4,701

#3 by valerie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 21:31

I suppose it depends on your home and fridge.

Schwanns has been doing it for years.

I had a freezer and a fridge in my garage. When the Schwann man had my order,
he would automatically put the food in my freezer. I always knew when he was
coming and I usually had the garage door up anyway. The fridge in the garage was
mainly used for cold drinks, juice, and extra fridge food.

Walmart has been talking about this for a long time and I'd say it really depends on
the situation. In one way, I think it is good. For example, take an elderly person OR
a disabled person that for whatever reason does not leave the home. Delivery for cold
foods to the fridge, would be very welcome.

In addition, you would know when the delivery was arriving.

No doubt it wouldn't be something for everyone but I can see how it would be a good
idea.
valerie
Posts17,155
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,295
Likes Received16,242/6,190

#4 by tasman1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 21:33

Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?
tasman1
Posts10,218
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,830
Likes Received10,727/5,376

#5 by Arvind9 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 21:45

tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator
Arvind9
Posts2,047
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,190
Likes Received1,116/798

#6 by valerie » Fri Jun 07, 2019 21:50

There are a lot of lazy people out there.
valerie
Posts17,155
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,295
Likes Received16,242/6,190

#7 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 22:24

valerie wrote:
Walmart has been talking about this for a long time and I'd say it really depends on
the situation. In one way, I think it is good. For example, take an elderly person OR
a disabled person that for whatever reason does not leave the home. Delivery for cold
foods to the fridge, would be very welcome.

In addition, you would know when the delivery was arriving.

No doubt it wouldn't be something for everyone but I can see how it would be a good
idea.

It is definitely a good idea and concept, problem is, with the growing threat of cybersecurity, hacking, etc, the information walmart requires to make this possible, if misused or lands in the wrong hands can be a disaster.
As far as elderly or disabled, if a person is still living home it means they have enough autonomy. And those who do not or have less of it are taken care of by their significant other, loved ones (family, friends, etc.) Though a service like this would definitely benefit someone who is alone, no family, no friends, no help, there again if you are able to get up and open a fridge and cook your food or prepare it, you have autonomy, therefore is it really necessary for someone unknown entering your residence and putting stuff away - what about the footage captured of your house, inside, what if it lands int he wrong hands ? This could be gold mine for burglars.

We have grocery delivery services here, some big chains offer it, they deliver the bags to your door, at most they might come inside the doorway and put the bags down. With technology comes misuse. In 20-30 years maybe sooner, most of the stuff we will order online and/or using VR, and drones will deliver our Amazon goods through the chimney or through specially installed chutes from your roof, leading to a locked room that only you can access :mrgreen:

Grocery delivery will be a standard in the future as it will likely be too dangerous to even get out of your house, it will likely be trained military who will walk the streets mostly.

I think Walmart though should tighten its vetting - only requiring 1 year is not enough IMO.

We live in a world of evil and disgruntled workers, what's to say that the worker did not inject poison or spit in your food or whatever else, like in restaurants - We had stories here on the news about restaurant delivery horrors, needles in meat, apples, etc. So whether it is a HUMAN delivering the groceries and putting it in the fridge or a drone or robot, same - high tech can be misused and IS misused.

Though one thing I should say, this concept is brilliant, BUT I think the home owner should do a few optimisations in their home, like setting up cameras around the house - Burglars will usually target ignorant home owners, and will not likely go to a home knowing it has not only alarms but has cameras everywhere, so providing the consumer has safe proofed his residence, then yes, I think this service would be great, providing also you can dish out a couple of thousands of $ to safe proof your home, and also people using that service when they are not home should only leave access to the kitchen, and lock other rooms (bedroom, guest rooms, any other room that can be locked, other than kitchen.
Darkstar2
Posts11,847
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,084
Likes Received9,735/4,701

#8 by tasman1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 22:27

Arvind9 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator



wow , super , finally will have a fridge, no house to put fridge but who care , can use shed for that matter and maybe they will buy me a house at the end , wow , life good now
tasman1
Posts10,218
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,830
Likes Received10,727/5,376

#9 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 23:47

tasman1 wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator



wow , super , finally will have a fridge, no house to put fridge but who care , can use shed for that matter and maybe they will buy me a house at the end , wow , life good now

You can use a 3D printer to build your house, it's cheaper, aside from the cost of material and 3D printing, don't forget to ADD (pay yours truly $50k to install utilities, sewer lines etc, and $50k for building permits and other), you are all set, now you have a fridge and a house :D
Darkstar2
Posts11,847
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,084
Likes Received9,735/4,701

#10 by tasman1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 00:00

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator



wow , super , finally will have a fridge, no house to put fridge but who care , can use shed for that matter and maybe they will buy me a house at the end , wow , life good now

You can use a 3D printer to build your house, it's cheaper, aside from the cost of material and 3D printing, don't forget to ADD (pay yours truly $50k to install utilities, sewer lines etc, and $50k for building permits and other), you are all set, now you have a fridge and a house :D



Superb , now only Wallmart is missing in Australia , can they send that to ?
tasman1
Posts10,218
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,830
Likes Received10,727/5,376

#11 by Darkstar2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 00:32

tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator



wow , super , finally will have a fridge, no house to put fridge but who care , can use shed for that matter and maybe they will buy me a house at the end , wow , life good now

You can use a 3D printer to build your house, it's cheaper, aside from the cost of material and 3D printing, don't forget to ADD (pay yours truly $50k to install utilities, sewer lines etc, and $50k for building permits and other), you are all set, now you have a fridge and a house :D



Superb , now only Wallmart is missing in Australia , can they send that to ?

Yeah missing because Walmart would be illegal in Australia, due to their employment practices and ethics, they are illegal in some countries. So no problem someone can deliver your groceries (and fridge) by cargo plane, it'll just cost you extra.
Darkstar2
Posts11,847
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,084
Likes Received9,735/4,701

#12 by tasman1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 00:51

Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
tasman1 wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Yes but what about people who do no have fridge ?

Then wallmart will be so happy they will even put a fridge in your house and all the groceries in it the longer you let them in your house it will make very good business sence to them;so make some more money here in clixsene to have a Walmart refrigerator



wow , super , finally will have a fridge, no house to put fridge but who care , can use shed for that matter and maybe they will buy me a house at the end , wow , life good now

You can use a 3D printer to build your house, it's cheaper, aside from the cost of material and 3D printing, don't forget to ADD (pay yours truly $50k to install utilities, sewer lines etc, and $50k for building permits and other), you are all set, now you have a fridge and a house :D



Superb , now only Wallmart is missing in Australia , can they send that to ?

Yeah missing because Walmart would be illegal in Australia, due to their employment practices and ethics, they are illegal in some countries. So no problem someone can deliver your groceries (and fridge) by cargo plane, it'll just cost you extra.




Yeah my bad luck , now I can not order my grocery from Wallmart , adios my new fridge , house etc , no justice for me , poor and staying poor for eternity
tasman1
Posts10,218
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,830
Likes Received10,727/5,376

#13 by valerie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 09:09

I still think it is not a bad idea. It certainly wouldn't be for everyone. Like I said
there are companies and programs that have been doing it or similar for years.
Schwanns, Meals On Wheels, etc.

My guess is the delivery people would have undergone strict background checks
and have training. It doesn't mean that would prevent unlawfulness but what
does today!

Unfortunately, there are millions of old and disabled people that live alone. Many
that cannot drive or get to the grocery. Often times, they have to hire people to
go to the store for them.

My guess is (I did not read the article), it would mostly be for the larger cities.
There are professionals that don't want or don't have the time to grocery shop.
Some people simply hate going to the grocery.

In the USA, a lot of people have security cameras. I do. I have 'Arlo' that is
made thru Netgear.
valerie
Posts17,155
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,295
Likes Received16,242/6,190

#14 by dutch1898 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 15:18

My joy 3 or 4 times a week is to walk 5 k and with my Presidential Choice Superstore right
on my return leg picking up my groceries is no chore at all. :D
dutch1898
Posts1,154
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given922
Likes Received1,505/720

#15 by Charez » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:42

sweetpie3000 wrote: Walmart will start delivering groceries to your fridge


Noodles delivered directly into your fridge! How wonderful life is, it's all that you need

My bad... you still have a lot of stock!
Thieves Steal $100,000 Worth of Dry Ramen Noodles in Georgia - Thrillist
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit8 Oct 2019
Likes Given876
Likes Received2,269/1,200

#16 by Darkstar2 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:30

Charez wrote:
sweetpie3000 wrote: Walmart will start delivering groceries to your fridge


Noodles delivered directly into your fridge! How wonderful life is, it's all that you need

My bad... you still have a lot of stock!
Thieves Steal $100,000 Worth of Dry Ramen Noodles in Georgia - Thrillist

I don't think the newer members will understand the reference :P But yeah I think he might be banned for life from Ramen, their supplies keep running out all the time, but like you said hopefully he has enough reserve, and once it runs out, no problem we'll help and buy on his behalf (with his money of course) :D
Darkstar2
Posts11,847
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,084
Likes Received9,735/4,701

#17 by valerie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 16:42

The noodle theft happen years ago.

I think what happen was, the thieves stole the entire truck.
Possibly they didn't know what was inside. I think the truck
was recovered but the noodles never found.

I've gone to flea markets and such since and some times
notice bundles of ramen noodles. I always wonder 'are
those stolen from that truck?'. :lol:
valerie
Posts17,155
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,295
Likes Received16,242/6,190

#18 by lucky35 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 18:50

When I was laid up I ordered through Instacart which shops at Walmart. They are very professional. They let you know when they are shopping and delivering. They also have a picture of the driver. It is delivered to your door but you are home. I would not let any stranger come in my home and fill my fridge. I do have an alarm system and that code is only for me and my kids.
lucky35
Posts1,765
Member Since28 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given11
Likes Received488/373

#19 by wildbillhickok » Sun Jun 09, 2019 19:05

They should use a robot or drone to do this (entering by the roof and leaving the groceries on the table, I don't know). For me, at least, a person entering someone's home and filling up himself the fridge looks very bizarre. :shock:
wildbillhickok
Posts131
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given60
Likes Received67/51

#20 by tasman1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 20:57

My opinion is that all this is crap , to save humans [ not sure if possible ] we must destroy technology , smash it all

For grocery there is simple solution .... one can go to shop , spend time im shop , talk to human [ still few left on planet]
and if you can not go , for any reason , one can find friends or family member , like in good old , normal times

As I say all the time , go and buy sledgehamer and start smashing all kind of technology that is destroying humans [ if any left ] , forget idiotic fake , virtual , non humans world
tasman1
Posts10,218
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,830
Likes Received10,727/5,376
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 17, 2019 22:09:44 EST