Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkAmazon - Prime - In Case You do Not know
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Amazon - Prime - In Case You do Not know

Locked

#1 by valerie » Sat Jun 01, 2019 15:10

I thought I would mention this because a lot of people are not aware of the
discounts Amazon allows for Prime in some circumstances.

For example, Amazon Prime is approximately $13 per month or $120 per year.

However, there are various discounts for :

-Students
-Food Stamp Recipients
-Medicaid Recipients
-.....and possibly more

If you receive food stamps or medicaid or even both, you can get Amazon Prime
for $5.99 per month. I think there are other discounts for Prime too, but not sure.
You could always do a search or contact Amazon help or view their FAQ in regards
to discounts.

I mention this because many people are not aware of the savings. AND if you are
referring others to ClixSense, it IS worth mentioning/explaining.
valerie
Posts16,974
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,264
Likes Received16,081/6,120

#2 by tasman1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 17:31

5.99 a month or 59.00 a year normal price here , but benefits are very small , mostly faster delivery in some area and free delivery for some items only , but Amazon is new here so there is a chance they will be better in future,, maybe
tasman1
Posts9,913
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,700
Likes Received10,536/5,260

#3 by Emrankhn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 20:12

tasman1 wrote: 5.99 a month or 59.00 a year normal price here , but benefits are very small , mostly faster delivery in some area and free delivery for some items only , but Amazon is new here so there is a chance they will be better in future,, maybe

Here only 1000INR per year (14.5USD) .
Emrankhn
Posts47
Member Since23 Apr 2019
Last Visit10 Sep 2019
Likes Given109
Likes Received20/18

#4 by rajukurup » Sat Jun 01, 2019 21:06

Amazon is the most innovative company these days and is more customer oriented . In developing countries it is providing many innovative projects. The future is for Amazon . I do most of my online shopping through Amazon as the discounts and offers it provide are far better than others.
rajukurup
Posts2,737
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,399
Likes Received3,355/1,468

#5 by Arvind9 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:55

rajukurup wrote: Amazon is the most innovative company these days and is more customer oriented . In developing countries it is providing many innovative projects. The future is for Amazon . I do most of my online shopping through Amazon as the discounts and offers it provide are far better than others.

Thats ok but digital wallets and payment methods were ment to reduce use of cash or you can say create a cashless system but its not,all Google Pay,Amazon Pay,Paytm are loading cash you order something from Amazon when the delivery comes you pay in cash and give him more cash to load to your Amazon pay balance that Amazon pay balance is not used for shopping people send it to another Amazon account basically cash is circulating everywhere,there are loopholes to everything people use it to beat the system even Google pay loads cash all cash is being stashed in these digital wallets

I can even send cash to you :) :D
Arvind9
Posts1,943
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,125
Likes Received1,066/760

#6 by valerie » Sun Jun 02, 2019 18:01

I have an idea! :idea:

Everyone send me some cash and I will let you know how well it works. ;)
valerie
Posts16,974
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,264
Likes Received16,081/6,120

#7 by tasman1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 21:55

valerie wrote: I have an idea! :idea:

Everyone send me some cash and I will let you know how well it works. ;)



OK here is 1000.00 and this post is proof , give it back in 7 day , thanks in advance for your honesty
tasman1
Posts9,913
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,700
Likes Received10,536/5,260

#8 by Arvind9 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 01:22

tasman1 wrote:
valerie wrote: I have an idea! :idea:

Everyone send me some cash and I will let you know how well it works. ;)



OK here is 1000.00 and this post is proof , give it back in 7 day , thanks in advance for your honesty

Thats a nice way show the proof to your government see if they will allow you to expect it
Arvind9
Posts1,943
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,125
Likes Received1,066/760

#9 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 14:10

Hmm it seems the Amazon Prime offerings are different from country to country.

I'm an Amazon Prime member, for me it cost at the time $7.95/month + tax and many benefits, basically similar to Netflix, a library of films, TV shows, etc through Prime video, then we have access to Music, prime exclusive discounts and deals on select products, other perks I have not used yet, and one of my favourite - the free same day / 1 day shipping on PRIME supported products (usually requires minimum $25). So I used this benefit a lot when I upgraded my system and made many purchases last year through several separate orders, and they all arrived next day morning time. So I would order something let's say even at midnight, and I would get it at around 9am-12pm :D So with all the purchases I made and free priority shipping, I more than made up for the cost o fPrime. For free shipping they use a special courrier, sort of like the Uber of postal deliveries :D Some have claimed horrible experiences with that company, but it is dependent on location. Here, there are little to no issues. I never had an issue with them and all products arrived intact. The only one time I got a bad experience is ordering something in the winter, where the courrier THREW the bloody box in the snow, it was a small box they could have easily put in the bloody mail box ffs - I don't remember if that was regular postal or fedex, I was not a Prime member at the time and this was years ago.

But it seems in the future Amazon will use Drones to deliver, no more courriers, your parcels will be delivered in person by R2D2 and c3p0 :mrgreen: or some sel fflown drone that will land on your roof and drop your stuff down the chimney - yes even Santa's job is at risk, drones will deliver the gifts :mrgreen:
Darkstar2
Posts11,536
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,945
Likes Received9,538/4,592

#10 by valerie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 18:05

I pay by the year and it is approximately $119.
By the month, I think it is approximately $13.

As a prime member in the USA, we get the prime movies and shows, cloud storage
for our photo's, stream music, two day free shipping, selection of digital books each
month to choose, first dibs on special deals, and I forget what else. There is no
minimum amount to purchase for free shipping. There are items that are very low
cost like a few dollars that may be listed as an 'add on' item. Yep, some of the
perks I never use like the streaming music.

I don't know why it is higher cost in the USA than else where.
valerie
Posts16,974
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,264
Likes Received16,081/6,120

#11 by tasman1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 18:21

valerie wrote: I pay by the year and it is approximately $119.
By the month, I think it is approximately $13.

As a prime member in the USA, we get the prime movies and shows, cloud storage
for our photo's, stream music, two day free shipping, selection of digital books each
month to choose, first dibs on special deals, and I forget what else. There is no
minimum amount to purchase for free shipping. There are items that are very low
cost like a few dollars that may be listed as an 'add on' item. Yep, some of the
perks I never use like the streaming music.

I don't know why it is higher cost in the USA than else where.



Much more benefits to be prime member in USA , more you pay
Benefits here are close to zero so in reality we pay more in Australia , 59.00 a year here , for what ? for faster shipping to few selected city ? plus numbers of vids here is just one tent in USA
tasman1
Posts9,913
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,700
Likes Received10,536/5,260

#12 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 22:18

Get your facts straight - Amazon Prime in your area has special programming for Tasmanians, it is an undocumented and hidden feature, you have to search for it by name :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as video programming unfortunately the licence they acquire from studios are not genera, they have to pay more to support to add support to other countries. It's the studios that are greedy. I also have Netflix - and there are many shows that are not carried on Netflix Canadian version, and using VPN to bypass that is against the TOS, Netflix used to ignore this but now they are taking actions against users bypassing this, by blocking accounts or disabling the counter measures. Though on Amazon Prime there are series I do not have on Netflix, i.e. The entire Roseanne seasons and of course HOUSE MD :D
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 22:21 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts11,536
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,945
Likes Received9,538/4,592

#13 by tasman1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 23:33

Darkstar2 wrote: Get your facts straight - Amazon Prime in your area has special programming for Tasmanians, it is an undocumented and hidden feature, you have to search for it by name :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as video programming unfortunately the licence they acquire from studios are not genera, they have to pay more to support to add support to other countries. It's the studios that are greedy. I also have Netflix - and there are many shows that are not carried on Netflix Canadian version, and using VPN to bypass that is against the TOS, Netflix used to ignore this but now they are taking actions against users bypassing this, by blocking accounts or disabling the counter measures. Though on Amazon Prime there are series I do not have on Netflix, i.e. The entire Roseanne seasons and of course HOUSE MD :D



I did search it by name .... I search , blonde and they told me only few are at Amazon , think that is a reason we pay less here :mrgreen:
tasman1
Posts9,913
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,700
Likes Received10,536/5,260

#14 by Darkstar2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 23:34

tasman1 wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote: Get your facts straight - Amazon Prime in your area has special programming for Tasmanians, it is an undocumented and hidden feature, you have to search for it by name :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as video programming unfortunately the licence they acquire from studios are not genera, they have to pay more to support to add support to other countries. It's the studios that are greedy. I also have Netflix - and there are many shows that are not carried on Netflix Canadian version, and using VPN to bypass that is against the TOS, Netflix used to ignore this but now they are taking actions against users bypassing this, by blocking accounts or disabling the counter measures. Though on Amazon Prime there are series I do not have on Netflix, i.e. The entire Roseanne seasons and of course HOUSE MD :D



I did search it by name .... I search , blonde and they told me only few are at Amazon , think that is a reason we pay less here :mrgreen:

Oh I think you were on the wrong site mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darkstar2
Posts11,536
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,945
Likes Received9,538/4,592

#15 by lovesuccess » Thu Jun 06, 2019 05:58

you can get pay when you shop toooo
lovesuccess
Posts1,290
Member Since29 Jun 2014
Last Visit13 Sep 2019
Likes Given2,111
Likes Received627/447

#16 by tasman1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 05:00

tasman1 wrote:
valerie wrote: I have an idea! :idea:

Everyone send me some cash and I will let you know how well it works. ;)



OK here is 1000.00 and this post is proof , give it back in 7 day , thanks in advance for your honesty




It is over 7 day , Valerie did you return to my acc my 1000.00 ?????
tasman1
Posts9,913
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,700
Likes Received10,536/5,260

#17 by valerie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 08:31

Yep, I put it in a wallaby pocket and told it to give to you.
valerie
Posts16,974
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,264
Likes Received16,081/6,120

#18 by Darkstar2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:35

My Amazon Prime ran out yesterday and I renewed it, $79 CDN per year, comes out to $90 with tax, so that comes down to $7.50 per month including taxes. I have Netflix too and they have jacked up the prices considerably ! Nearly 200%. When I started with them years ago they were $7.95, now they are $15.00 ! Rip-off !
Darkstar2
Posts11,536
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,945
Likes Received9,538/4,592

#19 by Charez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 16:38

I pay about the same price, however, I can deduce a few things.

I get a couple of discount codes of 5€, not a lot, I think in a year I get 3/4 codes. Last time they asked me to watch a movie on Amazon Video, since it's included in my account, I did and got the code the next day. (2nd or 3rd time they give me this)
When I get an item delivered too late I contact them, only via their chat. I complain like an old guy telling them I'm not happy, this is unacceptable, etc. I prepare a very long text and copy paste directly with no shame :kitty: . I did last week and they gave me 5€. Not a lot but a buck is a buck.

Sometimes I use the option to get the item delivered later than supposed, Amazon gives a deduction of 1€. And despite if you choose this option, you can get the item the next days. :roll:

I use an application where I can buy Amazon vouchers with a 4% discount price, so I always pay with vouchers. I can't estimate how many I save with this but the last 3 months I saved about 20€

I'm sure with all these things it turns out a free Amazon Prime account and I use Amazon a lot, I order anything, paper toilets, sugar, rice, etc. Well, it's free delivery, so...

I've been Amazonized, I have Amazon everywhere. All my house is controlled by voice with Alexa, even my toilets :lol:


One thing I find unacceptable is when I buy coffee, JUST 1 pack of Tassimo pods:

The pack comes from Spain, talking about ecology it's unbelievable. Then it takes the airport to go to Paris. and then to my home.
It's like if you live in New York, it comes from Mexico, then goes to California then to you :roll: and there is Amazon at 1h of your home :o
Last edited by Charez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 16:41 » edited 1 time in total
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit12 Sep 2019
Likes Given876
Likes Received2,269/1,200
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 18, 2019 20:21:22 EST