Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWhat is your FAVOURITE SUBJECT
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
What is your FAVOURITE SUBJECT

Locked

#1 by rajukurup » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:57

Eventhough I am a master in chemistry my favourite subject is physics,
Last edited by rajukurup » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:59 » edited 1 time in total
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#2 by valerie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 14:10

Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:
valerie
Posts17,134
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,290
Likes Received16,216/6,179

#3 by rajukurup » Sun Mar 31, 2019 05:28

valerie wrote: Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:

MATHEMATICS is really a tough subject but without it everything is blank as space. Also as stated by you religion is an interesting subject as the world has many unknown religious beliefs and learning them is something novel in all senses.Actually religion in most places is taught as apart of HISTORY.
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#4 by Sarge25 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 13:08

Art and all Science subjects, mostly Art.
Sarge25
Posts694
Member Since21 Feb 2015
Last Visit3 Oct 2019
Likes Given85
Likes Received398/243

#5 by Arvind9 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 17:36

rajukurup wrote:
valerie wrote: Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:

MATHEMATICS is really a tough subject but without it everything is blank as space. Also as stated by you religion is an interesting subject as the world has many unknown religious beliefs and learning them is something novel in all senses.Actually religion in most places is taught as apart of HISTORY.
My favourite subject was always History,people are becoming more aware of our past and have started questioning beliefs and religion,some governments have also changed certain Parts of their history to conceal truth,even the Indian government changed some parts two years ago,but if you refer to world history you will still see the facts because governments can change history in schools and colleges but not world history but how many people would know what has been changed and how it can be verified,very few mainly historians,scientists are aware of change made by a government it's very controversial because common people are not aware of the changes things just go unnoticed,most easily done is changing time,some event may have happened 70,000 years ago just make it 1.5 million years.
Last edited by Arvind9 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 18:12 » edited 1 time in total
Arvind9
Posts2,034
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,179
Likes Received1,108/792

#6 by rajukurup » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29

Sarge25 wrote: Art and all Science subjects, mostly Art.

In India in the 20th century students had more affinity towards science subjects than arts. Many arts subjects for bachelors degree remained vacant, But now the situation is different students are more interested in arts subjects. Students with high calibre opt History, Economics etc than Engineering or science subjects. This is what we say' time changes the attitude of people'.
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#7 by wildbillhickok » Mon Apr 01, 2019 15:04

Me, personally, I like mathematics, even though I'm not so good at it ( I struggle everyday with the functions and their constraits, sometimes I forgot to consider all the things that I should). I like algebra, Calculus, you know, all that funny stuff, limits, differentiation, finding slopes; Integration, measuring areas under curves, measuring arcs length ...As I study by myself I need to search internet to complete my mathematical puzzle.

I also like military stuff, you know, guns (let's not amalgamate guns with the violence perpetreated by disturbed people), weapons systems, I espeacially like the area of demining, even though I have no understanding of this area at all (I hope someday I will be able to work in this area, by becoming a militar again).
wildbillhickok
Posts131
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit26 Sep 2019
Likes Given60
Likes Received67/51

#8 by rajukurup » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23

Arvind9 wrote:
rajukurup wrote:
valerie wrote: Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:

MATHEMATICS is really a tough subject but without it everything is blank as space. Also as stated by you religion is an interesting subject as the world has many unknown religious beliefs and learning them is something novel in all senses.Actually religion in most places is taught as apart of HISTORY.
My favourite subject was always History,people are becoming more aware of our past and have started questioning beliefs and religion,some governments have also changed certain Parts of their history to conceal truth,even the Indian government changed some parts two years ago,but if you refer to world history you will still see the facts because governments can change history in schools and colleges but not world history but how many people would know what has been changed and how it can be verified,very few mainly historians,scientists are aware of change made by a government it's very controversial because common people are not aware of the changes things just go unnoticed,most easily done is changing time,some event may have happened 70,000 years ago just make it 1.5 million years.

History in reality is a very complicated subject. What is established in history is on the basis of scripts, monuments , carbon-dating etc which may have controversies and hence can have variations as time passes
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#9 by alfamart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35

Mathematics
But I'm Chemical Engineering bachelor
alfamart
Posts399
Member Since24 Mar 2018
Last VisitToday
Likes Given51
Likes Received349/201

#10 by Arvind9 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 13:43

rajukurup wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
rajukurup wrote:
valerie wrote: Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:

MATHEMATICS is really a tough subject but without it everything is blank as space. Also as stated by you religion is an interesting subject as the world has many unknown religious beliefs and learning them is something novel in all senses.Actually religion in most places is taught as apart of HISTORY.
My favourite subject was always History,people are becoming more aware of our past and have started questioning beliefs and religion,some governments have also changed certain Parts of their history to conceal truth,even the Indian government changed some parts two years ago,but if you refer to world history you will still see the facts because governments can change history in schools and colleges but not world history but how many people would know what has been changed and how it can be verified,very few mainly historians,scientists are aware of change made by a government it's very controversial because common people are not aware of the changes things just go unnoticed,most easily done is changing time,some event may have happened 70,000 years ago just make it 1.5 million years.

History in reality is a very complicated subject. What is established in history is on the basis of scripts, monuments , carbon-dating etc which may have controversies and hence can have variations
If you are talking about what is being shown on TV is very misleading it's not just monuments or Carbon dating these are very inaccurate now there is evidence,supported by scientific and archaeological findings,just history is not enough to prove anything,Carbon dating in some cases show thousands of years in the future it can be so inaccurate,it has to be backed by scientific and archaeological evidence,why are governments changing history because the truth is out,it is challenging belief.
Arvind9
Posts2,034
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,179
Likes Received1,108/792

#11 by FavourB » Tue Apr 02, 2019 15:07

mathemactics
am an electrical engineer graduate
FavourB
Posts300
Member Since11 Mar 2018
Last Visit2 Oct 2019
Likes Given37
Likes Received97/73

#12 by rajukurup » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:03

Arvind9 wrote:
rajukurup wrote:
Arvind9 wrote:
rajukurup wrote:
valerie wrote: Difficult to choose a favorite.

There was subjects I excelled in, in school, but I wouldn't label them a favorite of mine.

I'd probably have to say 'religion'. I believe it is difficult for most people to keep an
open mind when it comes to the religion they were taught to believe. There is such
a ton of different beliefs and everyone thinks theirs is the only one.

Reading, Writing too. When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, write novels and
sci-fiction. Stupid me, got married instead. :lol:

I like all things about the earth, wildlife, etc.

Maybe a better question is 'what subject bores you to tears?' My answer to that would
be math. :lol:

MATHEMATICS is really a tough subject but without it everything is blank as space. Also as stated by you religion is an interesting subject as the world has many unknown religious beliefs and learning them is something novel in all senses.Actually religion in most places is taught as apart of HISTORY.
My favourite subject was always History,people are becoming more aware of our past and have started questioning beliefs and religion,some governments have also changed certain Parts of their history to conceal truth,even the Indian government changed some parts two years ago,but if you refer to world history you will still see the facts because governments can change history in schools and colleges but not world history but how many people would know what has been changed and how it can be verified,very few mainly historians,scientists are aware of change made by a government it's very controversial because common people are not aware of the changes things just go unnoticed,most easily done is changing time,some event may have happened 70,000 years ago just make it 1.5 million years.

History in reality is a very complicated subject. What is established in history is on the basis of scripts, monuments , carbon-dating etc which may have controversies and hence can have variations
If you are talking about what is being shown on TV is very misleading it's not just monuments or Carbon dating these are very inaccurate now there is evidence,supported by scientific and archaeological findings,just history is not enough to prove anything,Carbon dating in some cases show thousands of years in the future it can be so inaccurate,it has to be backed by scientific and archaeological evidence,why are governments changing history because the truth is out,it is challenging belief.

Yes Arvind this is what I was trying to convince . All that are established on the basis of carbon dating or scripts are not completely accurate and as a result as time passes variations in certain historical events are projected and we are forced to renew our old informations
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#13 by Swashbuckler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 03:50

I Love science and i am pursuing Bachelors in science too.

But

Sometimes i think i can be a caretaker of animals, i love them all. :D
Swashbuckler
Posts23
Member Since5 Mar 2019
Last Visit26 Jul 2019
Likes Given10
Likes Received13/11

#14 by rajukurup » Thu Apr 11, 2019 09:58

Swashbuckler wrote: I Love science and i am pursuing Bachelors in science too.

But

Sometimes i think i can be a caretaker of animals, i love them all. :D

Animals are always fascinating . Taking care of them is really a awesome task
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#15 by Swashbuckler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 03:32

rajukurup wrote:
Swashbuckler wrote: I Love science and i am pursuing Bachelors in science too.

But

Sometimes i think i can be a caretaker of animals, i love them all. :D

Animals are always fascinating . Taking care of them is really a awesome task


I have a dog, a rabbit and a fish tank in my house ;) . At my village that is situated in Uttrakhand, my grandparents own 30 goats and 5 cows and i love them all. 8-)

I want to add a parrot in my home but i don't want to put him in a cage, so i skipped this plan of adopting a parrot. :(

so i am planning to adopt a turtle or mice. :idea:
Swashbuckler
Posts23
Member Since5 Mar 2019
Last Visit26 Jul 2019
Likes Given10
Likes Received13/11

#16 by rajukurup » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13

I like cats more than dogs . There are 5 cats in my home and I like the way they express their love by raising their tail and rubbing their face on my legs when they see me after long hours . I also have one dog and I feel dogs have more love towards its master than cats.Even fishes have a tendency to distinguish their masters I guess. In todays world I think animals have more faith than humans. and the subject on animals is really welcoming one :P
rajukurup
Posts2,807
Member Since23 Aug 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,475
Likes Received3,394/1,499

#17 by jjohnson777 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 03:42

History not all people agree with science now used in history and I got a history degree. None this carbon dating BS mentioned in single college textbook or professors (granted my professors were all from 50s or 60s so they never updated lecture notes since started or used modern textbooks which I loved could go online get them for pennies or dollars not hundreds of dollars so might got lucky going small college in smallest city I could find still was not small enough for me did not have single liberal professor which shocked me based on media reports I even had a very conservative political professor which shocked me she might been more extreme than me) only in garbage high school history books. I do not believe in carbon dating or DNA. Let just say if I dumb enough get picked for jury I be the most one likely cause hung jury if either side did something I have strong views about. They think because I very conservative GOPer I be pro DA when my views way outside norm unless diffident did something I totally hate my views could really help them. I only in GOP because views on abortion and fact other party put plank in party platform denying God. Much what I think be very anti-GOP but I have no choice so hold noise each election. So even if due fact young people very pro-life they changed positions the denying God would not allow me to switch so I in catch 22 situation. Sure my family reading my views on Facebook get nice shock as they thing I strong GOPer due that one issue. Older I get more set in ways I get and I was already worse than oldest relative in my teens now I probably been seen as prehistoric in views. Some my liberal friends agree with me more than my conservative ones I so outside the box.
jjohnson777
Posts1,570
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given300
Likes Received776/472

#18 by Arvind9 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 05:03

In 1946 Willard F.Libby invented Carbon dating,in 1960 he won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry,since then lot of changes have been made to increase accuracy its 95% accurate today,but there is still a lot of work to be done in the field,errors have been found in cases where carbon dating is subject to contamination by outside sources of carbon,especially in places which are radioactive or found to have radioactive contamination.
Arvind9
Posts2,034
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,179
Likes Received1,108/792

#19 by jjohnson777 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15

Well I still not sold on earth not being flat. I think that moon landing was fake but on Hollywood movie set. That Alaska still Russian as the gold paying for it never reached Russia via ship. I do not trust governments so as age I more likely buy these weird theories.
jjohnson777
Posts1,570
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given300
Likes Received776/472

#20 by puttosaman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 16:15

Although I studied French literature but I prefer to work in human resources
puttosaman
Posts58
Member Since19 Mar 2019
Last Visit10 Sep 2019
Likes Given44
Likes Received40/33
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 14, 2019 22:15:36 EST