Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkDoes it take a long time to make money here?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Does it take a long time to make money here?

#1 by valerie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 16:08

Most everyone can make money here.

In regards to how much money you make and how long it takes you to make it,
depends primarily on WHO you are, WHERE you are, and the TIME you put into it.

My sister said to me 'it takes too much time'. I said to her 'how much money
you make playing those games on facebook every night!'.

Now granted, I had a death in the family, sold my house, bought another, sold it,
bought another and trying to get things squared away. So I have not worked at
surveys/offers in some time. But you know what...that is Ok. Just make sure you
90 days your account goes into default and any funds you do have will be lost.
(read the terms and policies).

Like I told my sister, 'now you know more the reason to my keeping a desk in
the den'. My main desk is in the den so I can spin around and look at the tv
and/or simply listed to the news WHILE I am doing surveys/offers.

ClixSense is not about you getting rich. It's not even about you spending your
every waking hour here. If I have things to do, I do them and then when my
time allows, I make some extra money completing surveys/offers here.

I'm retired so if I make an extra few bucks here a month in my spare time, great!

I am stating all this because of some things I read on the forum, especially lately.
Yes it can be frustrating at times when you spend time and then don't get the
credit for some reason. An example might be attempting a survey and then
getting booted before you finish it. BUT that frustration should not allow you to
become hysterical. You must understand with this crazy stuff online, you win
some times and you lose some times. If you don't want to dish out any money
and you want to make some free money then doing surveys, offers, tasks, etc
can be a good way to go. Just know it is not a perfect entity so to speak and
what you make here is truly often about WHO WHERE TIME.
valerie
Posts17,555
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,456
Likes Received16,579/6,392

#2 by tasman1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 16:15

Nice post Valerie , hope many here will read it
tasman1
Posts10,869
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given10,180
Likes Received11,341/5,728

#3 by DannyChiarelli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:02

I have reached my yearly earning limit here before I have to give ClixSense my SS number.... (United States)

Idle till next year... Keeping active by logging in everyday.

Offers are dead.
Surveys are 1:10 on a good day. (1 complete for 10+ tries) <-- Takes an hour or more.
2018 Totals: Attempts 8,262 / Completes 807 / Earned $301

It takes too long to sort through surveys here.
To much clicking.
Last edited by DannyChiarelli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:16 » edited 5 times in total
DannyChiarelli
Posts1,206
Member Since4 Aug 2016
Last Visit11 Dec 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received549/382

#4 by tasman1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:22

DannyChiarelli wrote: I have reached my yearly earning limit here before I have to give ClixSense my SS number.... (United States)

Idle till next year... Keeping active by logging in everyday.

Offers are dead.
Surveys are 1:10 on a good day. (1 complete for 10+ tries) <-- Takes an hour or more.
2018 Totals: Attempts 8,262 / Completes 807 / Earned $301

It takes too long to sort through surveys here.
To much clicking.

Danny , My dear friend
I can not understand why are you scared to earn more and pay tax ????????
More tax one pay , more money did one earn

I will be very happy to pay billion dollar to tax department every year
tasman1
Posts10,869
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given10,180

#5 by DannyChiarelli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:28

1) I refuse to send my Social Security number to ClixSense. (or to any GPT site)

2) Paying Self Employment Tax (1099) would be equivalent to starting over this late in the year.
- 15.3% Self Employment Tax added on top or normal taxes of 25% (40% total)
- Cash out fees.
Last edited by DannyChiarelli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:44 » edited 2 times in total
DannyChiarelli
Posts1,206
Member Since4 Aug 2016
Last Visit11 Dec 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received549/382

#6 by tasman1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 17:39

DannyChiarelli wrote: 1) I refuse to send my Social Security number to ClixSense. (or to any GPT site)

2) Paying Self Employment Tax (1099) would be equivalent to starting over this late in the year.
- Taxed at 15.3%.
- Cash out fees.

OK , understand you
tasman1
Posts10,869
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given10,180

#7 by iceywarm » Mon Sep 24, 2018 08:32

DannyChiarelli wrote: 1) I refuse to send my Social Security number to ClixSense. (or to any GPT site)

- 15.3% Self Employment Tax added on top or normal taxes of 25% (40% total)
- Cash out fees.

I know exactly how you feel Mr. Danny! I filed a 1099 last year, and I had to write so much stuff off for my delivery business I did ( UBER EATS)

While you can write off internet expenses, and some other stuff like the desk, and security software that you use you will still have to pay something.

My tax rate last year was 20%. That means I gave the government 20% per dollar I make or .20 cents. That is absurd, and I feel like this new tax plan that the current administration introduced will make it worse for Self Employment. You can only earn $600.00 per calendar year.

That's not including money you make off the stock market. I mailed 22 pages to the IRS this year.
iceywarm
Posts132
Member Since28 Mar 2015
Last Visit12 Sep 2019
Likes Given6
Likes Received38/34

#8 by dutch1898 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 16:19

Happy will be the day I will earn enough to have
to pay taxes. The last 4 years I did not,but there
is still hope. My Skyway pre-IPO equity shares
could be the cause in late 2019. :lol:
dutch1898
Posts1,167
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given928
Likes Received1,526/731

#9 by davem46 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 16:30

Yes, it took me ages to make 300 dollar's I joined 2009 BY 2016 I made just over 300 dollars it was the waste of time.
davem46
Posts51
Member Since24 Nov 2009
Last Visit24 Sep 2018
Likes Given5
Likes Received31/18

#10 by iceywarm » Mon Sep 24, 2018 19:07

I am not to far away from reaching the taxable threshold.
iceywarm
Posts132
Member Since28 Mar 2015
Last Visit12 Sep 2019
Likes Given6
Likes Received38/34

#11 by jjohnson777 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 07:39

The founding fathers would be against income tax. It was legalized same year as fed. Think 1% was first rate. I hold my nose as pay it yearly. As the government funds stuff I disagree on moral level. If we could opt out of social security which is bulk of self-employment if not all I not mind it as much.
jjohnson777
Posts1,580
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given300
Likes Received787/479

#12 by tasman1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 14:08

iceywarm wrote: I am not to far away from reaching the taxable threshold.

Gone above but I am not living in U.S.A. [ Or any country in the world :twisted: , he he , maybe I am citizen of the world and we do not pay tax , we do not like to give but enjoy to take :twisted: ]
tasman1
Posts10,869
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given10,180

#13 by wildbillhickok » Tue Sep 25, 2018 19:00

I worked for about 3 to 4 months to raise enough money to buy a laptop.
The original price of the laptop was arround 159 dollars + 21 dollars to ship. But my country, Brazil, charges 60% of importation tax plus another tax that is about 18% on my state, and this all plus some fees of the carrier.

And the laptop, that i`m using right now to type this post, had the final cost of arround 352 dollars... All paid in advance in the moment of the buying...And the carrier staying responsible to pay the taxes when the product arrives in Brazil.

And it took about a month to be delivered to me because they took weeks to conclude the customs clearance process here on Brazil...The reponsible authorities asked me to send documents, filling up formularies declaring the value that i had paid :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they wanted to know if the product was declared with a wrong value to pay less taxes... a.b.s.u.r.d :shock:

Now I`m barely doing 1.50 dollars a day....It will take some time for me to raise a reasonable amount... :D
wildbillhickok
Posts131
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit4 Dec 2019
Likes Given60
Likes Received67/51

#14 by tasman1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 19:11

wildbillhickok wrote: I worked for about 3 to 4 months to raise enough money to buy a laptop.
The original price of the laptop was arround 159 dollars + 21 dollars to ship. But my country, Brazil, charges 60% of importation tax plus another tax that is about 18% on my state, and this all plus some fees of the carrier.

And the laptop, that i`m using right now to type this post, had the final cost of arround 352 dollars... All paid in advance in the moment of the buying...And the carrier staying responsible to pay the taxes when the product arrives in Brazil.

And it took about a month to be delivered to me because they took weeks to conclude the customs clearance process here on Brazil...The reponsible authorities asked me to send documents, filling up formularies declaring the value that i had paid :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they wanted to know if the product was declared with a wrong value to pay less taxes... a.b.s.u.r.d :shock:

Now I`m barely doing 1.50 dollars a day....It will take some time for me to raise a reasonable amount... :D

Please do not worry much about all that taxes and bad politicians
I am sure We can invent Guillotine again- and fix world once again
tasman1
Posts10,869
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given10,180

#15 by Nikorj » Wed Sep 26, 2018 01:00

tasman1 wrote:
wildbillhickok wrote: I worked for about 3 to 4 months to raise enough money to buy a laptop.

Please do not worry much about all that taxes and bad politicians

60% ???, That's insane, Thought it was quite expensive in Denmark.

There's no need for a guillotine tas, Danske bank already had their penalty.

They publically apologised with the following statement "We've simply not been good enough" kaaachhiiiing :o , Or what about this one "We'll just have to get better in the future" (Jaw hits the floor).

ALL IS FORGIVEN, Let's wipe it under the carpet and gorget all about it. Still the executive director get's 13 millions+bonus, Please tell me where i can screw up and get the same? (1 million is fine with me).
Nikorj
Posts1,548
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,220
Likes Received1,318/834

#16 by wildbillhickok » Wed Sep 26, 2018 08:23

Quote:Please do not worry much about all that taxes and bad politicians
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like the french did... :D

We pay almost as much taxes as a Norwegian citizen...But we don't get as much as a Norwegian gets in public services in return...

Lots of corruption here...Politicians running arround with bags full of money to pay bribery... :lol: :lol: What a tragedy...

Elections are coming... I'm sure we Brazilians can change this for better. :thumbup:
Last edited by wildbillhickok » Wed Sep 26, 2018 09:04 » edited 1 time in total
wildbillhickok
Posts131
Member Since23 Sep 2017
Last Visit4 Dec 2019
Likes Given60
Likes Received67/51
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Dec 15, 2019 21:00:55 EST