Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkDo you think Bitconnect will collapse
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Do you think Bitconnect will collapse

Locked

#1 by sweetpie3000 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 17:31

They are so many people investing their money on bitconnect? Bitconnect will pay you interest rate like 1-2 percent day your money?

This reminder me the biggest internet ponzi scheme like 12daily pro?

Anyone of you guys invest on bitconnect?
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#2 by tasman1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 18:03

If bitconnect collapse it will be disaster for me and big loss for me
I do not have any bitconnect and now I must calculate what will be my loss in worst case scenario
tasman1
Posts10,272
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,849
Likes Received10,775/5,407

#3 by rpdesign » Fri Nov 03, 2017 22:43

no way! contended with just bitcoin saving ... already earned more than 70% in less than 3 months. price will be at least 8500 b4 christmas :D :thumbup: :$ :$ :$ :$
rpdesign
Posts1,451
Member Since20 Jul 2015
Last Visit16 Oct 2019
Likes Given341
Likes Received941/527

#4 by Arvind9 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 04:40

It should collapse if it has to go higher,it is over priced at the present
Arvind9
Posts2,062
Member Since16 Jun 2013
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,202
Likes Received1,127/809

#5 by josealvesjr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 06:17

Tulip Mania: When Tulips Cost As Much As Houses

Cryptocurrencies and especailly Bitcoin are the talk of the town of late. According to CNBC, the price of a single bitcoin "has gone up at a faster pace than any other speculative vehicle in market history, as investor enthusiasm for the new medium has reached a fever pitch."
Some have likened the Bitcoin craze to Tulip Mania, believing that the bubble is getting ready to burst.
Tulip Mania: The 17th Century Dutch Tulip & Bulb Market Bubble
josealvesjr
Posts526
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given18
Likes Received280/180

#6 by valerie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 13:08

josealvesjr wrote: Tulip Mania: When Tulips Cost As Much As Houses

Cryptocurrencies and especailly Bitcoin are the talk of the town of late. According to CNBC, the price of a single bitcoin "has gone up at a faster pace than any other speculative vehicle in market history, as investor enthusiasm for the new medium has reached a fever pitch."
Some have likened the Bitcoin craze to Tulip Mania, believing that the bubble is getting ready to burst.
Tulip Mania: The 17th Century Dutch Tulip & Bulb Market Bubble

HaHa! :mrgreen:
That was an enjoyable read.

Tulips are my favorite flower. There are tons of varieties and assortments of mixed colors.
They're just beautiful. I don't have good luck growing them but I do have a few that come
up in the Spring. I have some fake metal ones that almost look real from a distance.

Yeah, I never got into the bitcoin thing or any other type of online fake currency. If I had
learned more about it from the get go, I probably would have invested a little.

I will just say that IF it was me and IF I had invested in bitcoin, I would pull out whatever
amount I had invested as soon as I made profit. I would then take a large portion of the
profits and buy something I could touch.....primarily being Gold or perhaps Silver or as I
had stated before Land. If you do something like that, you won't lose no matter what.

Most people tend to allow greed to get the best of them and then they do lose all profits
and whatever they invested.
valerie
Posts17,178
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,299
Likes Received16,266/6,204

#7 by josealvesjr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 04:38

I can´t agree more. Risky business.
josealvesjr
Posts526
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given18
Likes Received280/180

#8 by sweetpie3000 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 15:43

If bitconnect collapse? It's the next Mtgov crash bitcoin in 2013?
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#9 by Raizvan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 19:58

valerie wrote:
josealvesjr wrote: Tulip Mania: When Tulips Cost As Much As Houses

Cryptocurrencies and especailly Bitcoin are the talk of the town of late. According to CNBC, the price of a single bitcoin "has gone up at a faster pace than any other speculative vehicle in market history, as investor enthusiasm for the new medium has reached a fever pitch."
Some have likened the Bitcoin craze to Tulip Mania, believing that the bubble is getting ready to burst.
Tulip Mania: The 17th Century Dutch Tulip & Bulb Market Bubble

HaHa! :mrgreen:
That was an enjoyable read.

Tulips are my favorite flower. There are tons of varieties and assortments of mixed colors.
They're just beautiful. I don't have good luck growing them but I do have a few that come
up in the Spring. I have some fake metal ones that almost look real from a distance.

Yeah, I never got into the bitcoin thing or any other type of online fake currency. If I had
learned more about it from the get go, I probably would have invested a little.

I will just say that IF it was me and IF I had invested in bitcoin, I would pull out whatever
amount I had invested as soon as I made profit. I would then take a large portion of the
profits and buy something I could touch.....primarily being Gold or perhaps Silver or as I
had stated before Land. If you do something like that, you won't lose no matter what.

Most people tend to allow greed to get the best of them and then they do lose all profits
and whatever they invested.

Many of the people who hold on to Bitcoin, primarily those at the start, hold on to it because they believe in its future. We live in times where information is already largely digital, and in the future more and more will be digitized.

We have everything in the palm of our hands nowadays with smartphones.

Things like sending mail, reading newspapers, etc,
All of that is basically obsolete due to that little gadget in our hands.

This information is digital and instantaneous.

Blockchain allows the instantaneous exchange of money person to person across the global scale.
Cutting out banks and the underlying middle men.

Think about this, which system is more efficient:

Banks: transfer money and undergo a 5 day process

Blockchain: Transfer money and have it available in about 2 minutes?
Last edited by Raizvan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 20:03 » edited 4 times in total
Raizvan
Posts66
Member Since3 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3
Likes Received30/23

#10 by valerie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 23:40

You don't want to hear about the devil peering around the corner.

I'll just say, I don't think it is going to happen quite like that.
valerie
Posts17,178
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,299
Likes Received16,266/6,204

#11 by oldbuddy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 00:10

Bitcoin is only a medium of exchange and is not a program itself. Your statement would be like saying PayPal was in some way responsible for Traffic Monsoon being a Ponzi Scheme.
oldbuddy
Posts148
Member Since23 Feb 2007
Last Visit1 Aug 2019
Likes Given38
Likes Received165/78

#12 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 01:02

From what I can identify, the only reason today to buy or sell bitcoin is to make money, which is the very definition of speculation and the very definition of a bubble
When I look at bitcoin itself, I struggle a bit. What is it? Is it a currency? I don’t necessarily think it is. Is it a speculative investment?
If You can make money ok , why not , just do it before bubble burst
tasman1
Posts10,272
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,849
Likes Received10,775/5,407

#13 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 01:26

Remember , Bitcoin will be traded on Wall street soon

Big boys will dominate
Big boys make 3 times more money if investment is going down
Big boys must invest 3 times less to kill investment and at same time they earn 3 times more

Fear is 3 times stronger than greed

Example , investment x , value 20 billion
It takes just one billion to kill 50% value
But takes another 20 billion in investment for investment to gain another 50% , if

Trading Bitcoin future on Wall Street will be dead for Bitcoin

But , it is not good to trust tasman1, enjoy future gain , but beware future
tasman1
Posts10,272
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,849
Likes Received10,775/5,407

#14 by get2business » Thu Nov 09, 2017 01:30

i made 10000% profit in 1 year with bitcoin.

let that sink in
get2business
Posts27
Member Since8 Feb 2016
Last Visit13 Apr 2019
Likes Given0
Likes Received15/11

#15 by tasman1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 01:39

get2business wrote: i made 10000% profit in 1 year with bitcoin.

let that sink in



nice ...Bitcoin was 700.00 a year ago . if you owned just 1 that will be over 70 000.00 value now if it is gone as you say 10 000% [ not gone that much my friend ]

sorry to ask but what are you doing here ?
Last edited by tasman1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 02:01 » edited 1 time in total
tasman1
Posts10,272
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,849
Likes Received10,775/5,407

#16 by Raizvan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 03:12

tasman1 wrote: From what I can identify, the only reason today to buy or sell bitcoin is to make money, which is the very definition of speculation and the very definition of a bubble
When I look at bitcoin itself, I struggle a bit. What is it? Is it a currency? I don’t necessarily think it is. Is it a speculative investment?
If You can make money ok , why not , just do it before bubble burst

What is it?

A digital asset that takes the form of money.

All markets are driven by supply and demand.

Bitcoin has a finite supply, therefore as demand increases so will the value.
Last edited by Raizvan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 04:14 » edited 2 times in total
Raizvan
Posts66
Member Since3 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3
Likes Received30/23

#17 by get2business » Thu Nov 09, 2017 06:02

tasman1 wrote:
get2business wrote: i made 10000% profit in 1 year with bitcoin.

let that sink in



nice ...Bitcoin was 700.00 a year ago . if you owned just 1 that will be over 70 000.00 value now if it is gone as you say 10 000% [ not gone that much my friend ]

sorry to ask but what are you doing here ?
i read posts
duh
get2business
Posts27
Member Since8 Feb 2016
Last Visit13 Apr 2019
Likes Given0
Likes Received15/11

#18 by josealvesjr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:48

Interesting article:

Major Cancellation Pushes Bitcoin into Crisis Mode
Alex Koyfman Photo By Alex Koyfman
Written Nov, 09 2017
Hidden inside the immense potential and revolutionary technology that drives Bitcoin is also the seed of destruction.

This week, it seems, that seed has finally sprouted.

You see, one of the fatal flaws with Bitcoin — perhaps its only real weakness — is the problem of scalability.

With the way the blockchain is constructed, there is today an absolute ceiling to the number of bitcoins the system can support: 21 million units.

Price per Bitcoin has been shooting up lately, showing the world that market capitalization can grow dramatically even without the prospect of flooding the market with more and more bitcoins, but that process cannot go on forever, especially at the speed at which it's been happening for the last couple months.

One of the ways around the problem of blockchain limitations is to split Bitcoin itself up into more than one entity.

This step has been referred to in the past as a "fork," and it was executed successfully this past summer in the form of Bitcoin Cash.

Think of it as a stock split, only applied to digital currency.

On the day that fork took place, all existing Bitcoin holders received a free gift: a single Bitcoin Cash unit to go with every unit of Bitcoin they already owned.

Today, a single such unit of Bitcoin Cash is worth more than $600 and accounts for a market capitalization of over $10 billion, making it one of the most valuable and actively traded cryptocurrencies in its own right.

Since that fork, the price of a single bitcoin has more than doubled, going from the low $3,000s to just under $7,900 — driven by popularity in both usage and speculation
josealvesjr
Posts526
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given18
Likes Received280/180

#19 by josealvesjr » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:01

Continuation

Stop-Gaps, Band-Aids, and Half-Measures

Clearly, another solution was required if this growth was to be sustained, and that solution was set to take place just nine days from now, on November 18, 2017, in the form of another fork: Segwit2x.

Yesterday, however the decision was made to officially cancel the Segwit2x split.

Citing lack of community support as the reason, the planners behind Bitcoin called off the split, sending themselves back to the drawing board in search of a new solution to expand the blockchain.

It was a move that did what no force in the cryptocurrency universe was able to do this year: knock Bitcoin off its well-established trajectory.

Bitcoin responded immediately and has been reeling ever since.



bitcoin24
Now, granted, losing a few hundred dollars for a couple hours isn't an alien concept to Bitcoin, but now, for perhaps the first time since the beginning of the historic run-up, that rally seems to have stalled — and that could have some serious ramifications for what has been perceived as a bulletproof commodity.

In a game where few understand why an investment is intrinsically valuable, even among those who own it, investor confidence is the main driving force behind growth.
josealvesjr
Posts526
Member Since15 Sep 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given18
Likes Received280/180

#20 by Raizvan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49

josealvesjr wrote: Continuation

It was a move that did what no force in the cryptocurrency universe was able to do this year: knock Bitcoin off its well-established trajectory.

Bitcoin responded immediately and has been reeling ever since.


Bitcoin is up $1,400 from just last week and has gained 50% over the last month alone.

As for where the small drop of has gone due to the announcement,
Look at the altcoin market, practically every coin from Litecoin to Ethereum literally gained more than 5%-30% in a day.

The market is higher than ever.

Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations | CoinMarketCap
Last edited by Raizvan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 » edited 2 times in total
Raizvan
Posts66
Member Since3 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3
Likes Received30/23
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 24, 2019 00:59:11 EST