Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkClixSense needs your input
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
ClixSense needs your input

Please read the post below before making your choice.

Poll ended Sun Apr 02, 2017 07:39  »  Voted by 996 members  »  Single-choice
60%
35%
1%
4%

#101 by admin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:20

I want to thank all of you for your votes and comments. I guess the one thing that I need to make clear is that we would not make this change just to get Paypal back. It's more based on the profitability of PTC and the future of ClixSense. Can we survive as we are and move on, absolutely. But, can ClixSense grow more by removing PTC and ClixGrid with Paypal? It's possible that we will but no one really knows for sure. Many of you make valid points when you say we're bowing to Paypal and they can only limit us again. Then what? It's a tough decision to make and a very bold move if we do it and will take some time and consideration before we actually decide to make this move.

Thanks again, your input is very valuable to us. Keep it coming...

Jim
admin
Posts499
Member Since19 Jan 2007
Last Visit10 Feb 2020
Likes Given5
Likes Received7,358/415

#102 by valerie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:28

One additional point I want to make, no one has mentioned.

Many say they can do ok without PayPal.

Can you do ok without PayZa, Tango, etc?

PayPal is the most reliable.

PayZa is a yoyo. They are certainly not reliable.

Skrill, well this one I would think is still up in the air because primarily they don't work with the USA so
who knows what they will do in the future.

Tango, I don't see this one going any where soon BUT some of the changes and bitcoin changes, one can
easily say who knows what will happen even today with them.

If PayZa stops AGAIN doing transfers with the USA, POOF! You can kiss it goodbye.

You see the issue? The issue is, most of these payment processors are not USA companies and are not
reliable for USA programs.

I just wanted to bring that to everyone's attention. PayPal is the most reliable and if they say do away
with the PTC and ClixGrid end, I say do away with it. You may be able to change the wording, structure
around and everyone still basically earn the same way.

Do keep that in mind because those of you saying you are fine cashing out by some of these other
options, realize those options may not be there in the future.
valerie
Posts18,873
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,277
Likes Received17,680/7,026

#103 by krok76 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:29

And without PayPal money can be withdrawn from this site. Let them now be without commissions, which they received when withdrawing through them!
krok76
Posts260
Member Since24 Apr 2011
Last Visit24 May 2020
Likes Given327
Likes Received752/127

#104 by bublikkilbub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:32

As far as I concerne I like both ideas,to stay PTC abd to add new companies,too.Since it is not an possible option for now,I must vote for staying as you are because the surveys and offers are not available in my beloved Macedonia.Make them non geographicaly targeted and I will change my mind the first momment.However,I like you as you are,I will like you even if you change something dramatically,because Clixsense is proven site with honest owners not hiding anything from anybody.Keep up the work dear friends
Last edited by bublikkilbub » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:34 » edited 1 time in total
bublikkilbub
Posts74
Member Since16 Nov 2016
Last Visit23 Nov 2018
Likes Given43
Likes Received82/53

#105 by padhiaranand » Sat Apr 01, 2017 05:52

How about having separate sister site one without PTC and Grid, but having all options like tasks, surveys, offers and other additional (if we can add). And one with PTC, clixgrid and other additional earning programs related to PTC.

Well, I know it is not that easy to have another site like this, just my opinion.
padhiaranand
Posts21
Member Since25 Sep 2009
Last Visit23 Sep 2017
Likes Given11
Likes Received18/7

#106 by hlrive » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:03

valerie wrote: Jim, you know better than we do what your stats are, what's happening, enrollment increase or decrease, activity level, etc. You also know where the money is.

ClixSense has been online for ten years. I think it's time to revamp and up the game. Do away with the PTC. Do away with the ClixGrid. Get the programmers working to get ClixSense up to date. Implement Mobile. Implement an APP. Redesign the website. Implement Cash Back Shopping.

Those that say the PTC is gone, they won't earn nothing. Well if that is all you do here, you don't earn nothing any way. Seriously, what is your average earnings per month from viewing ads only? I just betcha that most that do nothing but view ads daily, are lucky to make $2.00 a month. The exception would be perhaps the USA when a big PTC advertiser comes to town but that is rare.

You can say whatever you want but the people that utilize PayPal, you know where they go. They just head over to a competitor site and I am not referring to NB.

I 100% agree with that. My earnings with clicks went from about $1.20 a day down to about 10 cents a day starting in January. To me the PTC part is no longer even worth it any more. Yesterday between the few offers I did and the surveys I did I finally made $1.20 and have $2.50 pending as for clicks I made all of 9 cents. The cash is in the offers and surveys not the clicks any more and the grid to me is aa waste of time.
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#107 by jjohnson777 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:36

If removed ptc need start weekly newsletter series on how to earn using all other methods. If did that and newsletter written good enough could see my earnings becoming better.
jjohnson777
Posts1,584
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last Visit19 May 2020
Likes Given300
Likes Received800/486

#108 by hlrive » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:46

jjohnson777 wrote: If removed ptc need start weekly newsletter series on how to earn using all other methods. If did that and newsletter written good enough could see my earnings becoming better.

I agree, many folks like me originally believe in using Clixsense as just a PTC had it not of been for Valerie I would still be making about 10 cents a day here daily. If the owner would get someone like Valerie to write up the different ways to earn and send it out once a week I believe many would make lots more and take advantage of what is here. Thanks again Valerie for helping me by mentioning website explorer and all of the other things that you have mentioned over the past few months, if not for you I would be in the poor house still.

The lady that reffered me to Clixsense is a great friend of mine, she says the site isn't worth it any more. I told her what I have been making daily and she is like "but how?". People need to know there is much more to this site. I use to use it just as a PTC site. Not any more.
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#109 by dency64 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:50

Remove PTC and ClixGrid and bring Paypal back. Earnings on PTC are VERY VERY small.The main priority is Task. We need to look to the future and change the business model.
dency64
Posts810
Member Since2 Apr 2015
Last Visit21 Apr 2020
Likes Given2,501
Likes Received3,431/533

#110 by jjohnson777 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 06:51

If Jim pay professional writter do series could help us and him as more we make more he makes.
jjohnson777
Posts1,584
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last Visit19 May 2020
Likes Given300
Likes Received800/486

#111 by hlrive » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:01

If there is an issue with the site saying it is a PTC site then can't you still keep the PTC but just make it into a get paid to task site with the PTC and grid not even being mentioned? They could be like a smaller part of the site in the background that would just be an extra way to make cash, but not the main way to make it. Some other get paid to sites that use Paypal have a few PTC in them. Since we don't get $1+ any more daily in PTC seems to me it could be just a small extra way to make cash, the grid isn't even a real way to make a daily income. I am lucky if I get 10 cents once every 6 months.

I have to wonder though how the other big PTC site still keeps Paypal? Anyone know how they can do that?
hlrive
Posts418
Member Since4 Feb 2013
Last Visit2 Jan 2018
Likes Given55
Likes Received346/189

#112 by oldbuddy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:22

valerie wrote: One additional point I want to make, no one has mentioned.

Many say they can do ok without PayPal.

Can you do ok without PayZa, Tango, etc?

Tango, I don't see this one going any where soon BUT some of the changes and bitcoin changes, one can
easily say who knows what will happen even today with them.

You see the issue? The issue is, most of these payment processors are not USA companies and are not
reliable for USA programs.

Do keep that in mind because those of you saying you are fine cashing out by some of these other
options, realize those options may not be there in the future.

Tango Card is based in Seattle, Washington, USA and I have cashed out my Clixsense earnings many times already with no problems whatsoever. Furthermore I have used my Tango Card balance to buy things I would have bought anyway, so it was just like finding extra cash in my pocket when I went shopping, attended a movie or enjoyed a meal away from home.

I have also purchased many ads from Clixsense and let them make a profit from having other members click on them. If PayPal labels this activity as unscrupulous, are they going to boycott TV and Radio too. Advertising is legitimate and anyone who says it is not, should be ignored.

As long as I can continue to click ads to earn the 5 cents a day to pay for my upgrade, which also qualifies me for the daily bonuses, I will continue to promote it to earn the up to $2 bonuses from referral upgrades. There are plenty of BOGUS PTC websites around, but Clixsense is the real deal and I would hate to see it crippled by PayPal being unreasonable (like they have with many other websites too). They will continue do fine with Ebay and Amazon transactions, but it's a shame they ignore the loyal customers that got them where they are now. Yes I remember well when they paid me $5 each for bringing in referrals to them too.
Last edited by oldbuddy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:35 » edited 1 time in total
oldbuddy
Posts148
Member Since23 Feb 2007
Last Visit1 Aug 2019
Likes Given38
Likes Received166/78

#113 by valerie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:29

@hirive thanks for the nice words and glad you are earning much more now.

In regards to the Daily Bonus, that could still stay and other qualifications could be implemented or more
of some of the same.

The ClixGrid has always been worthless in my opinion other than simply bringing in advertisers and/or
giving advertisers another fair option. Many members seem to think they are suppose to earn from it
or at the very least, win money every other day. Also, I wish I had a dollar for every time a member
ask what the trick to winning is. :lol:
valerie
Posts18,873
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,277

#114 by valerie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:39

@oldbuddy I don't think anyone can dispute that Tango is an option but if you read what I typed, I said
they consistently make changes i.e. bitcoin. In addition, not everyone uses Tango.

Allow me to give you a realistic scenario.

Tango discontinues, closes shop, no longer exists. OR Tango sells out, changes owners, etc and becomes
something else totally or becomes an Australia payment system only.

I believe every one in the know, realizes how PayPal can be very unscrupulous. So can advertising.
valerie
Posts18,873
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,277

#115 by JillianV » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:39

In my case, I think I'd be fine with either option. Regardless of the ultimate decision about this matter, I'm here to stay.
But I'd still like to try point some things out. Hopefully they'll be useful to this discussion.

Removing PTC and ClixGrid just to (temporarily?) please PayPal might not be worth it in the long run. It's impossible to foresee how PayPal's policies will change in the future. What if they change their mind again or on something else? Are we going to keep making major changes to ClixSense just because PayPal says so?
Not to mention, quoting admin's post "we could probably get our account back". Getting PayPal back by removing PTC and ClixGrid doesn't seem like an absolute certainty.

PTC and ClixGrid have always been the base of ClixSense, they're part of what Clixsense has "direct control" on regarding issues, bugs, changes, etc...
Surveys, offers and tasks instead are provided by third-party businesses (e.g. Samplicio.us, TrialPay, CrowdFlower, etc...) on which ClixSense has no "direct control" besides the possibility of adding/removing them.
Would we be okay with ClixSense completely turning into a GPT, basically a link between us and third-parties?

Other members have pointed this out before: some countries barely get any surveys and offers to complete. Imagine being a new user from any of those countries, day after day you login to ClixSense and find no surveys, no offers and no tasks (since getting the badges can take a while); without those you can't even get the daily bonus, the task bonus or take part in the weekly task contest.
In this situation, PTC and ClixGrid won't make you earn much but at least they give you something to do on the site, they keep making you come back day after day. Without PTC and ClixGrid, some users will literally have nothing to do for days. How long will they be interested in a money-making site that, at least for a while, makes them earn absolutely nothing, not even mere cents?

On the other hand, PayPal is indeed the most reliable payment processor and one most people trust and use on daily basis. How many members left and moved to other sites that still offer PayPal? How many members aren't even considering signing up here just because cashing out via PayPal is not possible?
Offering as many payment options as possible would be good, getting PayPal back would make some members come back and will convince new members to sign up.
Last edited by JillianV » Sat Apr 01, 2017 07:55 » edited 2 times in total
JillianV
Posts4,687
Member Since22 Aug 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given1,734
Likes Received2,289/1,437

#116 by inuue » Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:07

No more paypal thanks
inuue
Posts548
Member Since17 Jul 2016
Last Visit5 Jan 2018
Likes Given1
Likes Received101/83

#117 by gphx » Sat Apr 01, 2017 08:45

If someone clicks all month for $2 then that $2 is obviously a big deal to them. In some areas outside the US 2 USD is a day's wages. I'm glad you're doing well and it's trivial to you but it doesn't seem fair to dismiss those for whom it is not.
gphx
Posts18
Member Since15 Aug 2011
Last Visit21 Jan 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received16/8

#118 by gphx » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:00

Just a thought - does it need to be either/or? Couldn't you keep Clixsense the same and start up a sister site called Offersense or something to implement the new ideas? Then you could see whether the new ideas work well for you without jeopardizing the main site and you could keep one or both depending on their resulting profitability.
gphx
Posts18
Member Since15 Aug 2011
Last Visit21 Jan 2020
Likes Given0
Likes Received16/8

#119 by oldbuddy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:18

valerie wrote:

Allow me to give you a realistic scenario.

Tango discontinues, closes shop, no longer exists. OR Tango sells out, changes owners, etc and becomes
something else totally or becomes an Australia payment system only.

I believe every one in the know, realizes how PayPal can be very unscrupulous. So can advertising.

You could substitute ANY Internet Property (including Clixsense) for Tango Card in that statement, but each participant is responsible for their own actions and can quit at any time. I have $27.41 on my Tango Card right now and as soon as I gt over the flu, will be taking my wife for a rib dinner at Applebees and from past experience with them, it will only take one day to request a gift card that they will be happy to accept for payment. If any of the events you mentioned take place before then, I will grumble a little and move on, but missing one free meal is not going to change my life. However if the more likely event transpires and we enjoy the dinner, it very well could make a huge difference in my relationship with her (at least for a week or so).

Bottom line, I have enjoyed my recent activity on Clixsense and use the dinners, movies, discounts, etc. to share my enjoyment with others and would like to continue. I hope that doesn't change.

QUESTION: If someone pays to run an advertisement claiming I can make $10,000 a month with no selling, no activity or nothing but signing up for an account and paying $X one time, most people would recognize that as an unscrupulous claim, but does that make advertising or the advertiser unscrupulous?
Last edited by oldbuddy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:24 » edited 1 time in total
oldbuddy
Posts148
Member Since23 Feb 2007
Last Visit1 Aug 2019
Likes Given38
Likes Received166/78

#120 by maarie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:39

i really don't understand how anyone can call paypal reliable. they freeze accounts whenever they want

even sites that managed to get their accounts back, were frozen again in no time

paypal is just as unreliable as any other payment processor :(
maarie
Posts3
Member Since3 Dec 2007
Last Visit5 Oct 2019
Likes Given0
Likes Received3/1
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Jun 1, 2020 14:39:55 EST