Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkMoney in Unconventional - Conventional Places
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Money in Unconventional - Conventional Places

#1 by valerie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 17:17

The story goes the old man in the rugged mountain wooded area of Eastern Ky, died with no one by his side.
As far as anyone knows, he was a complete loner and did not have relatives. Some say he worked on the big
dam in KY during war times. Some say he worked in the coal mines. There was other stores too about how
he made his money. Even one such story said he may have been Billy the Kid or hide out robber from Chicago.

The old man lived in a little old cabin. Two rooms. Basically the cabin consisted of a sleeping area and
living area. There was an old porch on the back with an old cast iron stove in which he cooked his meals
and heated his cabin.

After the old man died, the township/city came in to clear out his belongings. As times would have it, the
couple of acres he lived on, would be in much demand now. The old cabin, surely not worth anything at all.

As items were removed from the cabin, everything was inspected. If there was anything of value, it would
be placed in the local auction house and the proceeds go into the city fund.

The old man had few items. An old truck that was rusted out and barely would run. An old rocking chair
on the porch about to fall apart. Inside was an old cast iron stove in pretty good condition and was sure
to bring a good dollar at the auction. His old iron bed was certainly an antique and might bring a few dollars.
A couple more old chairs, a small handmade table, and a few other modest furnishings.

After everything was cleared out, there was one more look around. The cabin was set to be demolished
and the acreage would be sold. As the last man was walking out of the cabin, he noticed something in
the slats of the wall. I say slats for lack of a better word for that type of paneling. He then saw it was.....

$100 dollar bill. He gently pulled it out but as he did, several more came out.

To get to the point, almost $500,000 was recovered from the inner walls of the cabin.

The story goes that the old man was legitimate but he did not believe in banks and he was simply an
old stingy man that believe in saving every nickel he made.

I say, save a little for a rainy day, invest a little in property, and spend it because you can't take it with you.

There's a lot of stories about old people dying and people finding their money in walls or mattresses, etc.
valerie
Posts17,148
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,293
Likes Received16,233/6,184

#2 by Sargon43 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 18:43

ok :)
Sargon43
Posts101
Member Since15 Oct 2016
Last Visit21 Dec 2018
Likes Given0
Likes Received58/36

#3 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 18:48

From Valerie post...I say, save a little for a rainy day, invest a little in property, and spend it because you can't take it with you.

So how you buy stuff in another life ? or is it all free there ?
tasman1
Posts10,211
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,826
Likes Received10,722/5,373

#4 by RoseGold » Fri Mar 17, 2017 18:56

I've been told, My new place flows with milk and honey....and the streets are paved with gold and it's FREE :D
RoseGold
Posts1,521
Member Since9 Apr 2007
Last Visit23 Jul 2017
Likes Given6,764
Likes Received1,749/842

#5 by tasman1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 19:08

RoseGold wrote: I've been told, My new place flows with milk and honey....and the streets are paved with gold and it's FREE :D

gold streets ? hmm , gold is a bit slippery , no good for my legs
tasman1
Posts10,211
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,826
Likes Received10,722/5,373
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 16, 2019 21:36:36 EST