Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkDecisions...Decisions....
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Decisions...Decisions....

Locked

#1 by Leloes » Thu Feb 09, 2017 23:19

With the loss of PayPal I have not decided if I'm going to stay or leave ClixSense. I never have made that much money here so it won't hurt me that much. I won't deny the money has come in handy because it has. But with the loss of PayPal I'm not sure that it'll be worth keeping up with the little I do make. The other payment processors that are offered have fees that fees that are a bit much in my honest opinion. They would make my profits no profit at all. At least that's the way I see it. I fear that many ClixSense members are going to see it the same way. Being in the U.S. I guess I could try the check option but I tried that with another site I previously worked and I had a heck of a time getting the check cashed because it was an out of town check. And that really sucked! Guess how they ended up having to pay me? PayPal! LOL!

Anyways, I really hope Jim can find a way to pay all members that will be the equivalent of PayPal so that he will be able to meet the payment needs of all.
Leloes
Posts151
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit4 Dec 2018
Likes Given34
Likes Received110/55

#2 by Piddles » Fri Feb 10, 2017 00:20

I have been cashing out by check for many years now and never had a problem. I do have Bank of America and US Bank, not sure where/what banks you use.
Piddles
Posts5,853
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Sep 2019
Likes Given4,798
Likes Received3,736/1,896

#3 by valerie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 07:17

Get a BlueBird card.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#4 by Leloes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 09:08

I use a local run bank and they seem to have a problem with checks that are from internet businesses. Don't why but they do. Never heard of BlueBird Card.
Leloes
Posts151
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit4 Dec 2018
Likes Given34
Likes Received110/55

#5 by valerie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:15

Leloes wrote: I use a local run bank and they seem to have a problem with checks that are from internet businesses. Don't why but they do. Never heard of BlueBird Card.

I explained it here: To USA members with No Bank Account | ClixSense Forum You can go to the walmart website to read more about it and sign up for it.
It's free.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#6 by monica1959 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28

hi valerie i'm in france could you help me to tell me the best service to be paying by clixsense, because i used paypal from 5 years thanks a lot, sincerely yours
Monica
monica1959
Posts52
Member Since15 May 2010
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given17
Likes Received33/18

#7 by Leloes » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29

valerie wrote:
Leloes wrote: I use a local run bank and they seem to have a problem with checks that are from internet businesses. Don't why but they do. Never heard of BlueBird Card.

I explained it here: To USA members with No Bank Account | ClixSense Forum You can go to the walmart website to read more about it and sign up for it.
It's free.

I'll check it out. I just know the other payment processors aren't worth it for me because their fees take too much away from the little money I make here.
Leloes
Posts151
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit4 Dec 2018
Likes Given34
Likes Received110/55

#8 by msblahms » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:15

Leloes wrote: I use a local run bank and they seem to have a problem with checks that are from internet businesses. Don't why but they do. Never heard of BlueBird Card.

that seems absurd how can a bank deny to deposit a cheque in your account be it from anybody
msblahms
Posts1,117
Member Since14 Jul 2014
Last Visit22 Jul 2019
Likes Given250
Likes Received591/368

#9 by valerie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:24

Banks in the USA do what they want.

If you do not have a bank account with a bank and the check is not with the bank,
they can deny cashing the check.

If you do have an account with a bank, usually they will deposit an unknown check
and place a hold on it. Once they see the check has cleared, the bank allows those
funds to be released.

Normally, small checks, under $100 is not going to be a problem in regards to a
bank cashing it. In fact, there is such a thing as a telephone. A bank can easily
call or type into their computer the bank info on the check, and know it is legit.

Usually a problem only arises when a person does not have a bank account and
attempts to cash a check. Even then it would probably be OK as long as the bank
is where the check is from.

A lot of people cannot get a bank account. If they have had trouble with a bank
before, they may never be able to get an account at any bank again. If they have
bad credit, they may not be able to get a bank account.

If you are in the USA and do not have a bank account and cannot get one, go to
the walmart website and click on bluebird. You can also do your research in google
or wherever, and find out more about it and how it works.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#10 by msblahms » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:28

if you do not have an account with the bank is completely different situation Leleos states that he use that bank so must be having an account and cashing out is different too but if you are depositing it in your account than the bank cant deny you
if it denies and you agree than you are not aware of your rights
msblahms
Posts1,117
Member Since14 Jul 2014
Last Visit22 Jul 2019
Likes Given250
Likes Received591/368

#11 by valerie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:29

Yes, banks can refuse to cash a check.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#12 by msblahms » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:31

what are you unable to understand "cashing" and "depositing" are two different things procedures
Last edited by msblahms » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:38 » edited 1 time in total
msblahms
Posts1,117
Member Since14 Jul 2014
Last Visit22 Jul 2019
Likes Given250
Likes Received591/368

#13 by Jewel1988 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:39

Since all current payment options are next to useless for me, i would like to see Amazon giftcards as an option as I tend shop a lot on Amazon.

It's not ideal, but it would be something at least.
Jewel1988
Posts50
Member Since6 Jun 2014
Last Visit20 Aug 2019
Likes Given2
Likes Received46/20

#14 by RoseGold » Sat Feb 11, 2017 08:39


thanks Val....Good info... :thumbup:
RoseGold
Posts1,521
Member Since9 Apr 2007
Last Visit23 Jul 2017
Likes Given6,764
Likes Received1,749/842

#15 by Leloes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 09:37

msblahms wrote: if you do not have an account with the bank is completely different situation Leleos states that he use that bank so must be having an account and cashing out is different too but if you are depositing it in your account than the bank cant deny you
if it denies and you agree than you are not aware of your rights

Because I am retired I don't deposit small checks being that it will affect my benefits and the bank I use is a local community bank so cashing an internet business check seems to make them a bit leary. I can kind of understand because there are so many scams on the internet and even calling a phone number does not 100% assure that a check is legit. So using payment processor prevents one from having these problems.
Leloes
Posts151
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit4 Dec 2018
Likes Given34
Likes Received110/55

#16 by msblahms » Sat Feb 11, 2017 09:46

you don't deposit is your choice but they cannot deny a cheque deposit in your account

and again to make everyone understand cashing a cheque and depositing in your account are two different procedures so don't confuse
msblahms
Posts1,117
Member Since14 Jul 2014
Last Visit22 Jul 2019
Likes Given250
Likes Received591/368

#17 by valerie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 09:47

Jewel1988 wrote: Since all current payment options are next to useless for me, i would like to see Amazon giftcards as an option as I tend shop a lot on Amazon.

It's not ideal, but it would be something at least.

I keep seeing you and/or someone else post that.

We already have gift cards. Choose 'Tango' in order to choose an amazon or other gift card.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#18 by valerie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 09:55

Leloes wrote:
msblahms wrote: if you do not have an account with the bank is completely different situation Leleos states that he use that bank so must be having an account and cashing out is different too but if you are depositing it in your account than the bank cant deny you
if it denies and you agree than you are not aware of your rights

Because I am retired I don't deposit small checks being that it will affect my benefits and the bank I use is a local community bank so cashing an internet business check seems to make them a bit leary. I can kind of understand because there are so many scams on the internet and even calling a phone number does not 100% assure that a check is legit. So using payment processor prevents one from having these problems.

Well Leioes I am sure you know your situation better than anyone else.

You do realize as a retired person you can earn a significant amount each year without it affecting
your social security retirement funds.

No matter how rural or small the bank is, it is a bank located within the USA and as long as you
have an account and money in your account, they will cash the check. If there is no money in
your account at the time, they will deposit the check. At the very most, they would simply put a
hold on the check until the check clears. In regards to internet, millions of legitimate businesses
are online now. Walmart, Macy's, Amazon, thousands of mom and pop stores, local and international
businesses. Your bank does in fact do business with online businesses. They must. In fact, your
bank is probably online too.

However, it is as i stated. You know your situation and what you want to do. So if you don't want
a check, that is fine. If you don't want a bluebird account, that is fine too. You can choose whatever
option you want or choose not to participate. It's your decision what you want to do.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126

#19 by Leloes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54

valerie wrote:
Leloes wrote:
msblahms wrote: if you do not have an account with the bank is completely different situation Leleos states that he use that bank so must be having an account and cashing out is different too but if you are depositing it in your account than the bank cant deny you
if it denies and you agree than you are not aware of your rights

Because I am retired I don't deposit small checks being that it will affect my benefits and the bank I use is a local community bank so cashing an internet business check seems to make them a bit leary. I can kind of understand because there are so many scams on the internet and even calling a phone number does not 100% assure that a check is legit. So using payment processor prevents one from having these problems.

Well Leioes I am sure you know your situation better than anyone else.

You do realize as a retired person you can earn a significant amount each year without it affecting
your social security retirement funds.

No matter how rural or small the bank is, it is a bank located within the USA and as long as you
have an account and money in your account, they will cash the check. If there is no money in
your account at the time, they will deposit the check. At the very most, they would simply put a
hold on the check until the check clears. In regards to internet, millions of legitimate businesses
are online now. Walmart, Macy's, Amazon, thousands of mom and pop stores, local and international
businesses. Your bank does in fact do business with online businesses. They must. In fact, your
bank is probably online too.

However, it is as i stated. You know your situation and what you want to do. So if you don't want
a check, that is fine. If you don't want a bluebird account, that is fine too. You can choose whatever
option you want or choose not to participate. It's your decision what you want to do.

Obviously I'm not referring to known businesses who have sites online because I'm sure they would accept checks from them. Smaller unknown internet businesses are something they have a problem with. I can't answer why because I don't know. I just know I have had trouble cashing internet business checks in the past so I stick to receiving my payments through payment processors. As far as being able to make extra income without it affecting my social security goes. You are correct but that is not true of other benefits. For other benefits every dollar you make you lose a dollar.

Like others this predicament has left me in a bad spot and I'm not sure which way to turn. At this time I'll probably just continue to do the requirements and keep checking to see if there are any new ways to be paid added.
Leloes
Posts151
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit4 Dec 2018
Likes Given34
Likes Received110/55

#20 by valerie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 14:55

I truly don't understand because PayPal reports earnings too.
And if you are doing direct deposits to your bank from PayPal, there are other options that do the same.

I have stated a resolve if you did want a check that you could use BlueBird.
And just for the record, ClixSense isn't what they would refer to as a small business.
It has a legitimate bank in N Carolina with the known bank on it.

There is plenty of other options for you as well. Those in the USA, really don't have
a problem getting their payments.

For example 'PayZa'. It functions similar to PayPal. They are now back to accepting USA transfers
and therefore can be chosen as a payment option.

If you like to use your earnings online, there is 'Tango' and when you choose that option, you can
choose an Amazon gift card OR Walmart gift card OR various other gift cards.

There is of course Payoneer and PayToo, both easily usable for USA members.

So this is why I don't understand your problem.

It is disappointing that PayPal is no longer an option but nothing can be done about that. So you
either choose another payment option or you don't. That's it.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,090/6,126
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 23, 2019 01:38:26 EST