Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkEU gone mad. Plans to block free speech
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
EU gone mad. Plans to block free speech

#1 by proadco » Tue May 31, 2016 14:36

Defend Free Speech Or Lose It!

proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011
Likes Received1,731/1,153

#2 by GeekMagnet » Tue May 31, 2016 15:21

It doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm now living in Canada, and moved from the UK last year. I find it embarrassing that the UK is happy to continue paying for membership of an organisation that, through its policies, actions and general meddling, continually tramples over the hard-won rights of everyday people. Sadly, these stories are more and more common - there's something in the news pretty much every day.

We pay billions of taxpayer £s to the EU and get a portion of it back to spend on things that we could just have paid for ourselves without giving money away in the first place. So I guess we should be grateful... or at least they tell us we should!
GeekMagnet
Posts96
Member Since20 Apr 2014
Last Visit1 Oct 2017
Likes Given215
Likes Received70/41

#3 by tasman1 » Tue May 31, 2016 18:12

Free Speech , What is that ? Answer ...... You have right to say what they tell you to say
tasman1
Posts10,214
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,828
Likes Received10,726/5,375

#4 by proadco » Tue May 31, 2016 18:14

tasman1 wrote: Free Speech , What is that ? Answer ...... You have right to say what they tell you to say

That why here in the US behind every blade of grass is well armed lamb to defend our right to free speech.
proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011

#5 by tasman1 » Tue May 31, 2016 18:22

ProAdCo wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Free Speech , What is that ? Answer ...... You have right to say what they tell you to say

That why here in the US behind every blade of grass is well armed lamb to defend our right to free speech.

yep , correct ...............still , powerfull do what they do and will do what they want to do....forever
tasman1
Posts10,214
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,828

#6 by tasman1 » Tue May 31, 2016 18:27

Surender and Accept is my motto..............and take what you can take , do not care about rich or politicians , rob your country what you can rob , take what you can take
do they care about you ? NO , why do you must care ,,,,,,,take , take it all if you can
tasman1
Posts10,214
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,828

#7 by proadco » Tue May 31, 2016 18:32

tasman1 wrote:
ProAdCo wrote:

yep , correct ...............still , powerfull do what they do and will do what they want to do....forever

Well, yes and no.........

Way our gov't and big corporations operates, they do something crazy to see what kind of resistance they
get back from the public. You give them an inch, they will take a mile, then it spreads like a virus. The way
you hit back is with the dollars not spent and hit their bottom line profits.
proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011

#8 by sweetpie3000 » Tue May 31, 2016 22:17

Alex jones was banned in uk. I heard Michael savage banned in uk too.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#9 by seaeagle » Wed Jun 01, 2016 01:55

Free speech is an implied right. You may have free speech, but if you go to a crowded enclosed space & start yelling "FIRE!" & cause mass-panic, or if you go on a plane flight & start talking about the properties of various explosives, then you will find that free speech definitely has its limitations.

I think ProAdCo needs to move past his naivety & start to understand the concept of the social contract. You are allowed to live in society as long as you obey certain rules. Those rules include the criminal & civil law codes, and they also cover the moral & behavioural rules that make society a livable place.

Hate speech causes harm to others, causes a rise in a crime, and negatively impacts the stability of society. In other words, it does a huge amount of harm, and very little good. I have no problem with a government protecting citizens from mob rule.

If you don't want to live by the rules of society & be a decent person, then perhaps you might be better off moving to a mountain cabin far away from other people & becoming an angry old hermit.
seaeagle
Posts466
Member Since9 Aug 2007
Last Visit19 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,275
Likes Received691/301

#10 by tasman1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 02:05

By Rey Barry

"Americans have free speech"

Among our bundle of exaggerations pleasant to believe, none is more alluring or deceptive than "Americans have Free Speech."

It's based on the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution that says "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press ..." The 14th Amendment makes that applicable to the states also. We focus on that and look no further, missing the other 90%.

The truth? If you hold a protest sign on the steps of the US Supreme Court building, you will be arrested, fined, and jailed. Why? Because the chief justice totally abridged freedom of speech on his steps. He can do that because he's the Judiciary, not Congress.

The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to the Judiciary.

Suppose you were a sailor aboard the USS Seawolf on July 17, 1996, and suppose you witnessed a missile firing that brought down TWA Flight 800. You cannot ever reveal anything about it without fear of serious retribution. The Navy is under the Executive branch which can abridge freedom of speech at any time, for any reason or none, and be unaccountable to anyone.

The Free Speech Amendment applies only to legislative bodies, and they have many ways around it.

Away from government we have even less free speech. If you say, "That's a Japanese car" that's ok. But if you say, "That's a Jap car," you will be warned not to. If you do it again you'll probably be fired. Censorship has a new name, political correctness.

Kids who talk in a chat group or in email can be arrested, tried, convicted, and jailed, as happened recently to teens in Virginia and other states. They did nothing but talk. There were no acts committed or even planned, merely thoughts expressed. Expressing wrong thoughts is now a crime in the US.

You might think school kids are told they have free speech to trap them.

The First Amendment does not confer ANY right of speech. What it does is place a limit on the power of one branch of government, the Legislative, to control speech. And even that limit is as much myth as reality now.

We see it every day. Government workers called judges impose gag orders on everyone in the courtroom whenever they like, and are answerable to no one but fellow government workers.

The entire Grand Jury system, federal and state, operates in secrecy. Free speech? Anyone revealing more than a name and decision can be jailed without recourse and without end. And sometimes the agenda and even the decision are secret. There's no freedom whatever.

The Grand Jury system is an autocracy, government by one individual subject only to a jury finding that comes from the prosecutor's side of the case, because there is no other side presented.

New York State chief judge Sol Wachtler was famously quoted by Tom Wolfe in "The Bonfire of the Vanities" that "a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich, if that's what you wanted." He would know; he, himself, was indicted.

Recently California enacted a law keeping investigations of police misconduct away from Grand Juries. One state out of 50 admits Grand Juries are incompatible with justice.

The Executive branch routinely demands secrecy, puts embarrassing documents out of the public eye, can prosecute anyone who violates its self-serving "security net."

Departments in the Executive Branch are free to limit your speech if bureaucrats choose to. One example: real estate salespeople can be prosecuted for revealing to an inquiring home buyer that someone in a house had AIDS.
tasman1
Posts10,214
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,828

#11 by proadco » Wed Jun 01, 2016 02:07

@ seaeagle

I think you need to be minding your own business bubba.

This twice you have used my handle in your crap yapping.

You been a member since 2007 and some how you have managed to wake up and make 36 posts.

I don't take directives from penny bangers , got it.
proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011

#12 by seaeagle » Wed Jun 01, 2016 06:09

@ ProAdCo

Who is bubba?

And what is it with your weird OCD attitude towards people who have not made as much money here as you, or posted in the forums as many times? Do you judge everyone you meet on their bank balance? You must be a real fun guy to hang around! A person of substance! More like a total bore (and also a total boor).

You may not have much of a life & have thus been able to devote all of your days since 2007 to clicking ads here for a cent each time. What's that equal to? $1.20 an hour? You must be a gazillionaire by now after 9 years of constant clicking! I've had other things to do over the past decade.

Many of the rest of us do have actual, real lives to lead. ClixSense is just a place to drop by in our spare time to make a little bit of extra cash. My ClixSense earnings are just beer money for me. I appreciate it, and I enjoy it, but I don't devote my life to it.

Stop judging others on how much money they make (or how many posts they make in the forums). It is pathetic. Try getting an actual life instead of hanging around here posting judgements, inanities & insults every day.

Anyway, you keep commanding people (you the boss or something?) to stay out of topics that don't involve their country. Since when did you relocate to Europe? Hypocrite!

You have removed any doubt that you are nothing but a troll or a flame-baiter. It seems that you nearly gave it up for the past week, but I think you find your life to be completely meaningless if you cannot pass your weirdo judgements upon people whose lifestyles do not fit exactly with your boring, stiff-collar attitude. Most of the people you pick on seem to be good, decent people - much better than you. Who cares if they are gay, lesbian, Muslim, Hindu, European, Antipodean or whatever? I prefer to look at the person rather than the label. You could try doing that - it might help make you into a half-decent human being.

You really are just a weak little bully-boy who finds pleasure in provoking outrage & picking on everyone who does not lead the same boring lifestyle that you lead. Perhaps the people that you like to pick on actually have more interesting & exciting lives, unlike your dreary existence of clicking, posting & trolling 24/7/365.
seaeagle
Posts466
Member Since9 Aug 2007
Last Visit19 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,275
Likes Received691/301

#13 by valerie » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:41

First let me you tell you folks something.

This forum has nothing at all to do with free speech or most of the idiotic stupid nonsense
that is often posted in this sub forum. In fact, this forum does not even need to exist. For
years it didn't exist and it can just as easily become non-existent again.

It's these ignorant topics and posts and absurd name callings and needless arguments that
do absolutely nothing to reflect any incentive whatsoever for people to join.

I'm about a dogs hair from contacting Jim and asking him to either close this general sub
forum or banning some members from posting in it.

Y'all can all go play in the sandbox some where else. Most of us are here to make some
money and we don't want our potential or new referrals reading this ignorance nonsense.
valerie
Posts17,149
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,294
Likes Received16,241/6,189

#14 by Charez » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:03

We are just bored with the negativity of Prodadco, calling people name bubba, saying to others "confine within your own borders" " yuor opinion doesn't matter" "you are not informed "you don't have to jump into usa affairs" "all matter is what i post" blaming others religion ect
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit8 Oct 2019
Likes Given876
Likes Received2,269/1,200

#15 by Charez » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:07

seaeagle wrote: if you go on a plane flight & start talking about the properties of various explosives, then you will find that free speech definitely has its limitations.

This is a funny exemple and a good one :lol:
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit8 Oct 2019
Likes Given876

#16 by GeekMagnet » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:51

seaeagle wrote: Free speech is an implied right. You may have free speech, but if you go to a crowded enclosed space & start yelling "FIRE!" & cause mass-panic, or if you go on a plane flight & start talking about the properties of various explosives, then you will find that free speech definitely has its limitations.

But this isn't an example of free speech, and people who use this strawman argument are just giving politicians justification to shut down rational discourse. These examples would more accurately be described as 'public nuisance' or 'disturbance of the peace' offences.

Free speech is about having the right to criticise ideas (and sometimes the people that hold them). Importantly, this includes religious and political ideas. People being upset by others challenging their ideas is NOT reason enough to shut down free speech. If your arguments have validity, they will listened to; if they're a load of rubbish, people will call you out on them. Stifling debate on religion or politics is dangerous - society will never move on if we have to accept the status quo, even the bad bits.

That is not to say that threatening a person is acceptable. But we already have laws to protect people from verbal abuse or physical violence. 'Being offended' and 'being attacked' are not the same - offence is subjective, and you have no right to restrict what other people say because you find it offensive. The face that so many people are reluctant to see this difference has the potential to land us in Orwell's 1984.
GeekMagnet
Posts96
Member Since20 Apr 2014
Last Visit1 Oct 2017
Likes Given215
Likes Received70/41

#17 by proadco » Wed Jun 01, 2016 13:46

I started this topic

Who's trolling who on this thread?

Who was it that made the first personal attack on this thread?

Answer: It was seaeagle

Who else made the next personal attack on this thread?

Answer: It was charez

NEITHER OF YOU START TOPICS

When are you folks going to learn how to speak on a thread without making personal attacks.

You got something to say, then you address the topic directly itself, not make direct attacks to the topic starter.

You Guys Certainly Do Not See Me Troll Post - That's What You Charez and Seaeagle does

I start my own post, mainly what is in the current headline news

Look at you. Just because the topics I start of the current headline news of the day,
doesn't fit in your circus world, you run over to the reputation and just bash bash bash
and flame flame flame.

Look at you seaeagle. My topic on Target with over 1200 views that had been running for a month and one
day you woke and start bashing me. Like who the *** is this nut, a member since 2007 and only 15 posts
jumping on my topic being a bully.

Tell you guys something. World News - Headlines - Current Events in the news are FACTS. Make note,
Facts don't give a D**N about your feelings.

But, yet, you take your hostility out on me, instead of making your comments direct to the topic story
that is in the worldwide news.

Look at you Charez. I made a post directed to Americans. But, you just wanted to be the bully and take
the position. I'll show you. See, I made a post, what you going to do about it. This is an international
forum and you not going to stop me making a post on your thread just because you said so. Those were,
your points Charez.

Most Americans only speak one language and I happen to be one of them.

You guys speak more than one language, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Lebanese, Chinese, Japanese
you name it and have your own International forum. You certainly don't see me running around to all the international section and find topics I don't like and go picking fights with the topic starter like you Charez,
and seaeagle.

CHAREZ, THE CRAP YOU POSTED OVER THEIR ON THE REPUTATION, YOU ARE TOTALLY CLUELESS

HOWEVER, YOU COME KNOCKING AND BASHING ON THREADS WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS, I DO NOT HOLD BACK.

Oh yea, that religion thing. Not I that starts topics on religion, but that poster that kept talking religion I knew
exactly what he was referring too and it's not going to happen in America.

Like Valerie told you guys. If you don't like the topic, then don't post and move on.

Matter of fact. Get some backbone and go start your own topics and you want have to troll topics
and that will stop you from bashing the topic starter and making your personal remarks direct to
the topic starter. It's apparent that you can't address the topic and stay on point of the topic without
making it personal toward the topic starter.

Look at the crap you guys have done at DavidBugs.

Really, what gives you the right to make attacks on members that start topics and then you go try and
destroy their reputation when in fact, you do good of taking care of your own life.
proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011

#18 by Charez » Wed Jun 01, 2016 14:18

When i used "We" it is not just for Seaeagle and Me. It is for the majority of members

It's all what i can say
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit8 Oct 2019
Likes Given876

#19 by proadco » Wed Jun 01, 2016 14:21

charez wrote: When i used "We" it is not just for Seaeagle and Me. It is for the majority of members

It's all what i can say

Speak for yourself Charez

You're not in the position to speak for everyone.

Everyone has their opportunity to speak for themselves.

I start my own post, mind my own business.

You know when people make negative comments on reputation, they are the bully's for passing judgement.
proadco
Posts3,422
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,011

#20 by Charez » Wed Jun 01, 2016 14:28

You are funny to say this after what you did here just some minutes ago
hilarious

anyway if i follow what you say
you are the bully's for passing judgement.
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit8 Oct 2019
Likes Given876
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 17, 2019 12:59:43 EST