Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWhat are you doing for the summer?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
What are you doing for the summer?

#1 by KatyMJ » Fri May 27, 2016 15:39

I'm planning on spending time in the sun getting a tan, spending time at the pool, I'm also gonna spend time with friends as much as I can before going back to school. :mrgreen:

How about you all?
KatyMJ
Posts24
Member Since26 Feb 2016
Last Visit25 Mar 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received15/11

#2 by zegon » Fri May 27, 2016 16:50

I do not get any vacation this summer either.

I will continue to build my new house, has been at it for over 3 years now and is getting quite tired of it.

* Sighs heavy *

It seems to take forever before it becomes clear , was considerably more and time consuming than i had imagined.

But it will be really nice ... :P
zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470

#3 by Marcel-R6 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:32

Probably getting speeding tickets :lol:
Marcel-R6
Posts3,820
Member Since16 Jan 2014
Last Visit6 Oct 2019
Likes Given1,634
Likes Received3,300/1,690

#4 by zegon » Sat May 28, 2016 14:57

Marcel666 wrote: Probably getting speeding tickets :lol:

* lol *

Probably you will not get a speeding ticket , you will run away from them.

You better not drive a brand new motorcycle hard in the beginning.

It must surely run into fairly quiet in the beginning and then gradually increase the speed a Little.

So that you would succeed in getting speeding fine in the beginning , is probably as much chance as winning the GlixGrid.
zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470

#5 by BouldRake » Sat May 28, 2016 20:28

I've been working on a game for a while, that was supposed to be released last August. Regular forum members may remember early screenshots. I'm thinking if I release it this August I can say "Ah, but I didn't say which August!"

So, not much sun this year.
BouldRake
Posts2,841
Member Since1 Aug 2010
Last Visit1 Oct 2019
Likes Given10
Likes Received2,959/1,511

#6 by valerie » Sat May 28, 2016 23:27

Well, I went to the Paris fish fry.....Paris, Tennessee, that is. It's called 'The World's Biggest Fish Fry'
It last about a week and they have parades, rodeo, etc and catfish, hushpuppies, slaw, etc.

Then I went to the Strawberry Festival that is in Humboldt, TN. They have parades and all that
and lots and lots of strawberries!

@Zegon, it took me over 3 years to build my house. It's a lot of work when you're doing most
the work yourself.

I bought a lot of shrubs to plant primarily at the front of the house and at the garage end.

I moved an azalea shrub that seemed to not be doing good this year and I transplanted it up
close to the front porch up against the house. Looks like it is going to do well.

I planted a small veggie garden. Zucchini, Butter Squash, Cucumbers, Watermelon, Cantaloupe,
Tomatoes, Sweet Peppers, Green Beans.....and I did not use a tiller. Used a shovel. It looks to
be doing good. I bought some rather flimsy chicken wire and put around the garden to mainly
keep the cats out of it. I had planted some onion seeds but it doesn't look like those are going
to come up.

I cut Bo's hair practically all off. I do the at the start of summer because it gets so hot around
here. I think he lost a pound of hair. He only weighs 6 pounds. His hair grows back super fast.
Wish mine grew that fast. He got sick today and barfed because he bit an eyeball off a toy and
about choked. Now he smells like puke. I washed his face but he still stinks. I've been calling
him stinky all day. He hates to take a bath and it's not bath time so I will just let him stink a
couple more days.

Then there is work online. Work Work Work. :lol:
valerie
Posts17,134
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,290
Likes Received16,215/6,179

#7 by tasman1 » Sun May 29, 2016 01:02

Winter is starting here on Jun 1
tasman1
Posts10,187
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,815
Likes Received10,698/5,361

#8 by BlizZzard » Sun May 29, 2016 01:22

BouldRake wrote: I've been working on a game for a while, that was supposed to be released last August. Regular forum members may remember early screenshots. I'm thinking if I release it this August I can say "Ah, but I didn't say which August!"

Good to know you are a game developer. :thumbup:
Do you mind sharing those screenshots again?
(Hope your game development process doesn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever's ;) )
BlizZzard
Posts721
Member Since28 Jun 2011
Last Visit11 Oct 2019
Likes Given801
Likes Received770/351

#9 by S_Abbott » Sun May 29, 2016 09:04

Hopefully getting my mother in law towards the end of her cancer treatments.

Maybe a couple of trips up the mountains (Colorado) to the mineral spa.

And still working on our house, we've almost finished ripping out the floors in several rooms, and fixing the sub-flooring. Two more walls to put back up, one new wall to install, still trying to get one drain totally cleared, 4 new windows to install, patio room still needs to be insulated and finished. Need to rip out the basement stairs and install new ones. And 5 rooms to paint.

So a little fun, and a whole lot of back breaking work this summer.
S_Abbott
Posts572
Member Since14 Sep 2007
Last Visit10 Oct 2019
Likes Given493
Likes Received510/264

#10 by Micshad » Sun May 29, 2016 14:51

I'm going to do what I do every year. Sit inside on the computer and hope my kids will put the air conditioner in the window for those hot-hot days like we just had this past week. Hubby is having a hard time lifting it lately.

I'm hoping maybe I can get down to the herb garden and see if any of the perennial herbs came up (sage and oregano) and/or plant some basil and dill again. They did fantastic last time (2011) I was able to get down there.

Hubby only planted tomatoes and cukes last year. I'm hoping to talk him into potatoes and yellow beans again along with the T&C. We plant some in containers and some in the ground. We don't have to plant grape tomatoes as they grow "wild" every year.
Micshad
Posts538
Member Since29 Apr 2015
Last Visit2 Oct 2019
Likes Given198
Likes Received346/189

#11 by Darkstar2 » Sun May 29, 2016 15:49

rmalten wrote:
BouldRake wrote: I've been working on a game for a while, that was supposed to be released last August. Regular forum members may remember early screenshots. I'm thinking if I release it this August I can say "Ah, but I didn't say which August!"

(Hope your game development process doesn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever's ;) )

slightly O/T
lol I don't think ANY game can beat that Duke fiasco........12 year for that bloody rubbish.
Major let down. :P

-----------------------
Summer, for me will do some home renovations, also game / app development,
Rainforest work hopefully will keep me busy too :D

I'm already eagerly waiting for autumn it's bloody hot already around here, 35C+
There are 2 things I cannot stand about summer:
1) This SCAM called Daylight Savings Time
2) Tornados, dangerous thunderstorms, high humidity and never ending heat waves

I already have my shovels and snow blower ready and looking forward for winter in 6 months lol.
Darkstar2
Posts11,827
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,067
Likes Received9,721/4,693

#12 by zegon » Sun May 29, 2016 16:58

Darkstar2 wrote:
rmalten wrote:

slightly O/T
lol I don't think ANY game can beat that Duke fiasco........12 year for that bloody rubbish.

-----------------------

I'm already eagerly waiting for autumn it's bloody hot already around here, 35C+

I already have my shovels and snow blower ready and looking forward for winter in 6 months lol.

Just as well that i wish you a Merry Christmas even now then !!
zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470

#13 by Darkstar2 » Sun May 29, 2016 17:46

zegon wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
rmalten wrote:

slightly O/T

-----------------------

Sure, Christmas in July is just around the corner :D

BTW, speaking of summer, it's predicted to be quite a hot summer this year thanks to
some la nina or something like that, already at this time of year and we have 35C, which is very unusual. It's predicted here we are going to have a long and hot summer. I am so unhappy about that, our summers here are not only hot but too humid, so it feels so uncomfortable compared to the hot and dry weather in some countries :D
I cannot stand humidity :D
Darkstar2
Posts11,827
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,067
Likes Received9,721/4,693

#14 by zegon » Sun May 29, 2016 17:56

Darkstar2 wrote:
zegon wrote:
Darkstar2 wrote:
rmalten wrote:

slightly O/T

-----------------------

Sure, Christmas in July is just around the corner :D

BTW, speaking of summer, it's predicted to be quite a hot summer this year thanks to
some la nina or something like that, already at this time of year and we have 35C, which is very unusual. It's predicted here we are going to have a long and hot summer. I am so unhappy about that, our summers here are not only hot but too humid, so it feels so uncomfortable compared to the hot and dry weather in some countries :D
I cannot stand humidity :D

I have huge problems with being able to sleep when it's too hot.

With my poor pension , so i can not afford an AC

But it is in any case absolutely free not being able to sleep at night.

Luckily , i live not in any hot country.

At the moment it is only +12 C here.
zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470

#15 by KatyMJ » Sat Jun 04, 2016 08:25

Wow. Looks like everybody has a lot to do this year and during the summer. Yesterday was Friday and I went to the mall to get my ears pierced. The first ear didn't hurt but the second one did because I was expecting it.

*lol*

It's also pretty hot here where I live, it's about 80°F during the day. In the morning its about 60°-70° then heats up. I should be used to the weather like this because I lived in Florida before I moved. Plus my pool at my apartment will open next weekend, which I'm happy about. Haven't been swimming in a while though. :)
KatyMJ
Posts24
Member Since26 Feb 2016
Last Visit25 Mar 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received15/11

#16 by rangers121 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:09

Plain And Simply Working !!!!!!!!!!! :x :x
rangers121
Posts569
Member Since19 Dec 2011
Last Visit20 Aug 2019
Likes Given115
Likes Received616/229

#17 by zegon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:23

rangers121 wrote: Plain And Simply Working !!!!!!!!!!! :x :x

Good , then you have at least something to do , happiness.

Self i am forced to sit idle and lazy me all summer * sigh *
zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470

#18 by KatyMJ » Sat Jun 04, 2016 20:05

Being lazy isn't always a bad thing. I'm lazy, but then again I don't get any exercise.

*lol*
KatyMJ
Posts24
Member Since26 Feb 2016
Last Visit25 Mar 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received15/11

#19 by proadco » Sun Jun 05, 2016 08:11

With all this rain, I'll be mowing the yard every 3 or 4 days.

I may source that task out to zegon so he don't get too lazy. :D
proadco
Posts3,399
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,002
Likes Received1,717/1,141

#20 by zegon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 08:56

ProAdCo wrote: With all this rain, I'll be mowing the yard every 3 or 4 days.

I may source that task out to zegon so he don't get too lazy. :D

I'm sitting in my lounge chair with a drink right now , unfortunately , i have sunglasses on me , so i do not see what you type.

I sit and look at my Automower and feel it is very boring , what can i find on and do now.

You write that you '' move '' your yard every 3 or 4 days when it's raining outside.

Secondly, i wonder where you move it , to a garage or a warehouse ...

Then i'm a little puzzled about why your yard can not stand the rain ...

I know davidbugs not like robots , but we need not say anything to him about this.

zegon
Posts952
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given192
Likes Received896/470
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 13, 2019 21:56:26 EST