Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkDo u support raising mininum wage 15dollar an hour
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Do u support raising mininum wage 15dollar an hour

Locked

Do you support 15 dollars an hour as mininum wage

Poll ended Thu Jul 21, 2016 00:32  »  Voted by 59 members  »  Single-choice
36
61%
23
39%

#1 by sweetpie3000 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 20:49

Do you support 15 dollars an hour as the new mininum wages?
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#2 by tasman1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 20:55

I only support increase in pension to 20.000 a year
tasman1
Posts9,955
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,714
Likes Received10,554/5,272

#3 by proadco » Sat Apr 09, 2016 00:02

davidbugs wrote: Do you support 15 dollars an hour as the new mininum wages?


Davidbugs


You've not drove a spike since OCT of 2007


Your stats been at 5 tasks & 17 Offers ever since
proadco
Posts3,234
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit6 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,993
Likes Received1,687/1,116

#4 by Charez » Sat Apr 09, 2016 05:49

Who is enough crazy to pay davidbugs 15$ per hour :roll:
Last edited by Charez » Sat Apr 09, 2016 13:30 » edited 1 time in total
Charez
Posts3,350
Member Since2 Nov 2010
Last Visit12 Sep 2019
Likes Given876
Likes Received2,269/1,200

#5 by valerie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:19

In some states it might make sense but here is the problem and it has always been
the problem....

When the minimum wage rises, employees look for ways to cut back on employment.
Even owners of small businesses often let some of their workers go and elect to do
the work themselves or even bring in more of their family members to help out.

To make matters even worse, many things if not everything rises in cost. The
small business guy that sells a horseshoe for $5 now must sell it for $8. A hamburger
joint that sells a burger for $2.50 now must sell it for $4.00.

That's just one very small real example of what happens.

Raising the minimum wage is not how you put more money in peoples pockets.
That's like when I was a kid and I'd take the empty RC soda bottles to the store
and get $0.02 per bottle.....then I would buy $0.01 candy......and I'd buy $0.05
candy bars. Then one day the minimum wage increased and I took my RC empty
bottles to the store and I still received the $0.02 per bottle but there wasn't any
1 cent candy.....it had all increased to 3 cent and the 5 cent candy bars went up...
doubled in price from a nickel to ten cents.

That's the way slick government often works......lets fool the people.....lets give
em what they think they want.....ha ha ha ha ha!
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,089/6,126

#6 by sweetpie3000 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 07:36

Raising mininum wage is going help Clixsense in the future. More USA member are going to have extra money to spend buying advertising on Clixsense ads. It's a going to be a win win situation everyone here.

More USA member are going start their own ptc sites since they going to use extra income by opening their own traffic exchange, gpt, ptc sites. So everyone win here. Everybody will going get a little bit richer in the future.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#7 by proadco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 07:38

davidbugs wrote: Raising mininum wage is going help Clixsense in the future. More USA member are going to have extra money to spend buying advertising on Clixsense ads. It's a going to be a win win situation everyone here.

More USA member are going start their own ptc sites since they going to use extra income by opening their own traffic exchange, gpt, ptc sites. So everyone win here. Everybody will going get a little bit richer in the future.

@Davidbugs How many lose screws are hanging off your screw ball head?
proadco
Posts3,234
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit6 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,993
Likes Received1,687/1,116

#8 by sweetpie3000 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 07:53

@valarie. People have no money since our mininum wages is too low. This why business aren't doing well because people have no money to supporting our local economy. This why a lot of young folks still live their parents house. Since the kids does not work over 60 hour per week working mininum wage. Today young people want to work less hour and make a lot of money the same time. It's like Europe lifestyle. Work smart and earn a lot of money. A lot of people want to spend more quality time with their family instead work all the time.

USA it's time to raise the mininum wage at least 15 dollars an hour with the cost of living is very low. It's very for healthy economy if USA people doesn't have to work all the time. Everybody should work only 24 hours a week. So everybody can spend quality time with family.

USA is very weakness lacks of family value since everybody work all the time. They never see their kids grow up.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#9 by proadco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 08:00

davidbugs wrote: @valarie. People have no money since our mininum wages is too low. This why business aren't doing well because people have no money to supporting our local economy. This why a lot of young folks still live their parents house. Since the kids does not work over 60 hour per week working mininum wage. Today young people want to work less hour and make a lot of money the same time. It's like Europe lifestyle. Work smart and earn a lot of money. A lot of people want to spend more quality time with their family instead work all the time.

USA it's time to raise the mininum wage at least 15 dollars an hour with the cost of living is very low. It's very for healthy economy if USA people doesn't have to work all the time. Everybody should work only 24 hours a week. So everybody can spend quality time with family.

USA is very weakness lacks of family value since everybody work all the time. They never see their kids grow up.


That what you get when you keep voting Democrats and then Vote for Obama Twice.

People are so Freaking Air Heads.
proadco
Posts3,234
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit6 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,993
Likes Received1,687/1,116

#10 by valerie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:07

Maybe kids should get up off their butts and away from the videos and get out
there and help their parents work. Ya ever think of that, David?

American people have very strong family values and if one thing is obvious in
this country, that still is.

In days not so long ago, kids actually worked to help their parents. My ex
husband, he got up at 4am to feed. He fed horses, cows, etc. He also would
drive up to the tobacco barn to check on the smoking and put more sawdust
on the fire. He helped his father on the farm before school and after school.
He even put out his own tobacco and put the money into a savings for college.
He was one of ten children and every one of those children worked and they
worked with a smile on their face. The boys worked on the farm and the girls
worked on the farm too!
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,089/6,126

#11 by dutch1898 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 13:13

I would love to see our CPP and Old Age payments increased a bit
to make living on those a bit easier. Not looking for any $20000
but a moderate increase would help with the rising cost of living.
dutch1898
Posts1,148
Member Since2 Nov 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given913
Likes Received1,496/716

#12 by sweetpie3000 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 15:01

@proads Republican does not care average joe like you. This why they can't win general president election. Mostly likely they are going lose the election against Bernie sanders.

Cutting taxes didn't help average American. The rich got richer since Reagan pass a huge taxes to the rich. An average joe can't afford to sit front row seat any professional sports. Sports athlete use to earn 1 million dollars per year compare now they are earning at least 15-35 million dollars per year.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#13 by tasman1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 17:57

Every year for last few years my pension increase for around 1.5% , next day cost of life is up 10% . God help me if they increase it 10% , cost of living will go up 100%
It is same with pay increase ...........MORE THEY GIVE US IS LESS THEY GIVE US . [ hope you understand broken Croatian-English ]
tasman1
Posts9,955
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,714
Likes Received10,554/5,272

#14 by zegon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 18:21

I have received reduced pension for two years in row now, cut by about $4 a month every year.

Not so much , you might think , but the bills has increased by about $8 a month.

So if it goes on like that, i soon live on the raod.
zegon
Posts929
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given189
Likes Received879/459

#15 by sweetpie3000 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 18:27

Zegon. Clixsense will cover your pension by earning here at least 4 dollars a month.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#16 by zegon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 18:30

davidbugs wrote: Zegon. Clixsense will cover your pension by earning here at least 4 dollars a month.

Yes, i Think i can make that in a few day's.

( Now we are out of topic, i think =BC)
zegon
Posts929
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given189
Likes Received879/459

#17 by papamike51 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 01:20

I do not support a federal minimum wage for this reason:

The number next to the state represents the 2015 cost of living index.

The most expensive states
HI - 162.9
DC - 139.6
NY - 132.2
AK - 131.8
NJ - 127.6
CA - 127.1


The least expensive states:
KS - 91.3
IN - 90.7
OK - 90.4
KT - 90.0
TN - 89.7
MS - 87.8


With a federal minimum wage, those people living in the least expensive states will be able to get much more goods and services for their increased wages than those in the more expensive states, which will provide very little relief.

In my opinion, minimum wages should be set by each state government creating a more adaptable and uniform increase in all around costs.
papamike51
Posts1,092
Member Since9 Apr 2007
Last Visit29 Oct 2018
Likes Given2,177
Likes Received1,292/507

#18 by sweetpie3000 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 06:45

Papa. People are going out of states for higher mininum wages. And the company move out of states for cheaper labor.

This why you see a lot of immigrant want to move oversea for higher salary. You can't blame it's all about the money. Since company have no longer have loyal their employee anymore.

15 dollars an hour should pass since a lot of kids are still living their parents. They can't no longer live 7.25 dollars per hour. Today kids want to work less and earn more money the same time. Today generation want to work at least 24 hours a week and higher salary. Kids want to work smart and less stressful and spend more time playing xbox and their family.
sweetpie3000
Posts1,486
Member Since31 Oct 2007
Last Visit3 Aug 2019
Likes Given3
Likes Received406/278

#19 by papamike51 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 14:31

David, you're right about it being about the money. That's what businesses do. While the higher minimum wage won't affect big corporations such as McDonalds or Walmart as much. The higher wages will be devastating to the small business owners who, because of the big box stores and restaurants, must lower their profit margin to keep competitive.

The cost to a business owner for an employee is much more than just wages. People don't take into account that the employer must pay for such as wages, workers compensation, unemployment insurance, Social Security, liability insurance, and many more things that aren't taken into account to keep the business running.

Also, consider this. A person who starts out at $7.25 three years that has received regular raises and now makes $10/hour. If the minimum wage increases to $15, where does this leave the employee with the seniority? And what about the person who has worked there for 10 years and is currently making $15/hour? How much do their wages increase? And who pays for those additional costs?

Another problem is that without the incentive to advance into management or even into other fields, people are attempting to make minimum wage their career. This leaves very little room for entry level young people who are looking for their first jobs.

As for the $15/hour. That would be helpful for those in the Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc. where the cost of living is much lower than the rest of the country. Whereas that $15/hour minimum will do very little to help those in Hawaii, Washington D.C., New York, Alaska where it costs so much more to live than any other state in the union.
papamike51
Posts1,092
Member Since9 Apr 2007
Last Visit29 Oct 2018
Likes Given2,177
Likes Received1,292/507

#20 by proadco » Tue Apr 12, 2016 14:37

papamike51 wrote: David, you're right about it being about the money. That's what businesses do. While the higher minimum wage won't affect big corporations such as McDonalds or Walmart as much. The higher wages will be devastating to the small business owners who, because of the big box stores and restaurants, must lower their profit margin to keep competitive.

The cost to a business owner for an employee is much more than just wages. People don't take into account that the employer must pay for such as wages, workers compensation, unemployment insurance, Social Security, liability insurance, and many more things that aren't taken into account to keep the business running.

Also, consider this. A person who starts out at $7.25 three years that has received regular raises and now makes $10/hour. If the minimum wage increases to $15, where does this leave the employee with the seniority? And what about the person who has worked there for 10 years and is currently making $15/hour? How much do their wages increase? And who pays for those additional costs?

Another problem is that without the incentive to advance into management or even into other fields, people are attempting to make minimum wage their career. This leaves very little room for entry level young people who are looking for their first jobs.

As for the $15/hour. That would be helpful for those in the Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc. where the cost of living is much lower than the rest of the country. Whereas that $15/hour minimum will do very little to help those in Hawaii, Washington D.C., New York, Alaska where it costs so much more to live than any other state in the union.

Oh my @papamike51 Bernie and Hillary supporters not able to comprehend the points you just made. Millennials not being taught economics in school. Just pay that $15.00 per hour.
proadco
Posts3,234
Member Since25 Feb 2007
Last Visit6 Sep 2019
Likes Given1,993
Likes Received1,687/1,116
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 21, 2019 17:47:34 EST