Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkBad adds?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Bad adds?

#1 by revroach » Tue Feb 23, 2016 15:39

I keep seeing the same site over and over even though the title says it is for another site.
I've had this all day, are they bad adds? they give the url for a company that is real but I
keep getting something about a money making robot.
revroach
Posts188
Member Since24 Oct 2014
Last Visit6 Aug 2019
Likes Given147
Likes Received126/81

#2 by valerie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 18:53

Are you saying you are not getting paid for clicking the ads?
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265
Likes Received16,089/6,126

#3 by revroach » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:54

no, it shows in my account.
what I'm saying is the add that shows is not the add it says it is
i put in a ticket with more detail as doing that here would not be
allowed. (like the url it says it it is and the name of the page it goes to)

my concern really is Malware and such as this is an odd thing to happen
url for one site but goes to another - and such a large number of them not just the one

UPDATE: only 4 today but did get pic & video screen captures, if that would help
the owners to understand what I'm talking about

Really it is all about trust, not money
Last edited by revroach » Wed Feb 24, 2016 13:25 » edited 2 times in total
revroach
Posts188
Member Since24 Oct 2014
Last Visit6 Aug 2019
Likes Given147
Likes Received126/81

#4 by valerie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 14:25

I don't know. There is a guy on here that has consistently complained about 'Make Money Robot'.
Sounds like you may be complaining about the same thing.

However, none of us have been able to figure out exactly what he means other than he might have
a hijacker since the ads appear to take him else where.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265

#5 by revroach » Wed Feb 24, 2016 15:09

My understanding of the TOS will not let me name the site, but I think I might be able to say YOU hit it on the nose.

hijacker may be it, i'm not good on commputers so don't know how that works
but i do know i'm not getting to the url that is named on the page

I'll clean my system to see if it might be on my end

Thanks for your help, gives me something to look into
revroach
Posts188
Member Since24 Oct 2014
Last Visit6 Aug 2019
Likes Given147
Likes Received126/81

#6 by valerie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 18:51

You can run your anti virus and if that doesn't seem to work, download the free Avast
antivirus because it is good at getting rid of hijackers.

PS. I am assuming you are using a windows based computer running IE or FireFox browser.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265

#7 by valerie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 00:48

I think I have finally figured out what you guys are talking about in regards to Make Money Robot.

What you are seeing are ads inside a rotator. Therefore the url is different than the website you
are seeing.

Did you know that I am one of the first people to create a sequential rotator online.....well, my
partner created it and then we sold copies of the script......many years ago.

Anyway, that is what you are seeing and I think that is what you folks are referring to in regards
to those ads. It's rotator links. Nothing wrong with the ads.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265

#8 by S_Abbott » Thu Feb 25, 2016 07:29

It's not really a rotator. It's a redirect.

Sort of like (this isn't a real site..just an example): HttX://mycarisblue.abc will auto redirect to HttX://searchhere.cba without notice, well except it's a totally different site you're seeing.

When the program owner I worked for left, and the forum was still up, my host suggested redirecting the original forum to the new URL. We didn't do that, just bought a new domain and forum. But, it's doable.

Like in the old search days, when a site goes poof, you click the original address and land on either the host site the server is on, or a search page the host owns or even possibly the owner of the first site.

This method allows the advertiser to get more bang for his buck as he can change the URL within without having to contact the ad server (he gets his hits or his conversions). It's just another method, something like many of the old failed site owners used when they slunk off into the dark of night, but were still around bilking.

It's not necessarily "wrong" unless it's a hijacked URL, just very annoying when the ad viewer expects something else.
S_Abbott
Posts571
Member Since14 Sep 2007
Last Visit11 Sep 2019
Likes Given491
Likes Received508/262

#9 by billykilroy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 08:52

Some people are mistaken but Susy_A seems to be correct. I'm told I am the only one that sees this but I have seem many post that said the same thing. Don't complain it is your computer. These are the finest ads there are. Thank you for your support
billykilroy
Posts90
Member Since16 Nov 2013
Last Visit17 Jul 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received32/22

#10 by valerie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 09:03

I went back and clicked on some and it's tracking links. That's all. Sort of like
when one may set up a campaign and then they can track the links and see how
many visits they received and from where.

The problem was people didn't understand what you were talking about, billykilroy.
The only thing I can fathom is that the url you are seeing has words in it that is
different from the webpage it goes to. All that is, is tracker links or rotator links
or redirect links.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265

#11 by billykilroy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 07:29

I know what a hijack is and it did happen to my computer many years ago. But when your inter gets hijacked all the PTC sites would do the same thing. Not what I'm seeing. You can't see the Picture of the ad you click on before you click on it? Every time I make a post I do learn more about the internet. Thank you for your support
billykilroy
Posts90
Member Since16 Nov 2013
Last Visit17 Jul 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received32/22

#12 by valerie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 08:28

billykilroy wrote: I know what a hijack is and it did happen to my computer many years ago. But when your inter gets hijacked all the PTC sites would do the same thing. Not what I'm seeing. You can't see the Picture of the ad you click on before you click on it? Every time I make a post I do learn more about the internet. Thank you for your support

No, hijacking has nothing to do with 'all ptc's'.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265

#13 by billykilroy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:56

YEP thank you for your support
billykilroy
Posts90
Member Since16 Nov 2013
Last Visit17 Jul 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received32/22

#14 by S_Abbott » Sun Feb 28, 2016 03:02

In reality, Billy, unless any of your "anti" software is going off, it should be ok.

I understand what you're seeing because I'm paying attention to those, also and can see. The advertiser's link is showing SITE A and on the little graphic sometimes shows that proper site. But when you click it, the ad we see is for SITE B--something totally different. In most cases lately, the ad we see is that MakeMoneyRobot.

It's pretty much what I said earlier, these links are set up to redirect. To me, it doesn't seem honest, I have no clue why the advertiser would do such a thing UNLESS there is money in it for him beyond getting people to sign up for either of the sites.

However, it's honestly not any type of malware, adware, hijack, popunder/over/up -- at THIS time. It's just an oddly different way to get his bang. :(

A lot of people, especially in the paid to area, for some reason think it's funny to use redirects. We see them in lots of places from time to time. Sometimes, they are harmless, sometimes not. I've got a lot of equipment onboard, some leftover from admin'ing programs and checking on nasties, some newer. As of right now, there aren't any nasties (nothing harmful) on these pages we're sent to, just different pages.

These aren't looping like on a rotator. Just single links going to a different website than what the link shows.
S_Abbott
Posts571
Member Since14 Sep 2007
Last Visit11 Sep 2019
Likes Given491
Likes Received508/262

#15 by billykilroy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 07:53

What you write Susy_A makes perfect sense. I have had many computers since 2001 and I learn from what I see. I know I had my internet hijacked once many years ago before I joined clixsense. It happened when I joined the first PTC site. I could click on the internet and sometimes get to the PTC site but soon it would open pages I didn't want. It came down to starting my computer over from the factory settings. Reload windows and all the drivers. So I know when my computer has a real problem. My only concern was that this ad was getting a free ride. But no matter what I say Clixsense says they are perfect I have the problem and that is that.
So in the end Let the advertisers have a free ride and to Clixsense Good day and thank you for your support
billykilroy
Posts90
Member Since16 Nov 2013
Last Visit17 Jul 2017
Likes Given1
Likes Received32/22

#16 by revroach » Sun Feb 28, 2016 14:29

One of my thoughts on this is

Is the page you see paid for? or is it being hijacked? Did the robot pay for the add space and just named it with a known url or are they ripping off the people that have paid for that add space?
revroach
Posts188
Member Since24 Oct 2014
Last Visit6 Aug 2019
Likes Given147
Likes Received126/81

#17 by S_Abbott » Sun Feb 28, 2016 18:27

Rev, that particular question probably should go directly to the Help Desk. The admins here aren't privvy to individual accounts or ad buys.

I did a little research last night, pouring over some of the WhoIs documents and following some trails on both Empire Option and Make Money Robot and a few of the other .005 ad URLs, too. It's interesting to note that the owner of some of those "domains" are associated with upwards of several hundred other domains.

So, if this is true to form, I'm kind of thinking these are not being hijacked.

But your question can only be answered by the owner/account admin staff. If they know for sure.
S_Abbott
Posts571
Member Since14 Sep 2007
Last Visit11 Sep 2019
Likes Given491
Likes Received508/262

#18 by valerie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 18:51

It's not hijacked.

It's campaign ads.

Nothing wrong with them and you get paid for them just like you do any other ad in the PTC here.
valerie
Posts16,980
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,265
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 21, 2019 20:05:11 EST