Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkNot Going To Renew Premium Upgrade
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Not Going To Renew Premium Upgrade

Locked

#1 by ReeseWardley » Wed Feb 26, 2014 08:03

My premium upgrade here at Clixsense runs out soon, and I am seriously considering not upgrading…

Why?

I used to get on average 12 tasks a day, Then they changed the timings and now I get 1

I have 95 referrals, 3 upgraded (I upgraded them) most are inactive

I get 2 cents a day for filling the criteria on checklist bonus

I do surveys, 90% of the time I waste valuable time and get NOTHING for my efforts, or I get to the end of the survey and I am told I am not eligible or get booted out…

I win nothing on the Clixgrid even though I have 60 chances

So I ask you what's the point in upgrading to Premium?

Not really beneficial to me

The difference between earning here as a free member or premium member isn't much in it…


Anyone else downgraded their account?
ReeseWardley
Posts354
Member Since30 Jun 2007
Last Visit10 Feb 2017
Likes Given110
Likes Received118/72

#2 by TiagoLemaire » Wed Feb 26, 2014 08:06

rundorn70 wrote: I used to get on average 12 tasks a day, Then they changed the timings and now I get 1

As in the crowdflower tasks time has changed?
TiagoLemaire
Posts289
Member Since26 Nov 2013
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given114
Likes Received119/62

#3 by valerie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:48

The point of the clixgrid is not so everyone wins every day. I am speaking in terms of
us making money. The point of the clixgrid is that we make free bonus money every
day IF we do the clixgrid daily....in that it counts towards the daily bonus money. This
isn't to say that you will always every day be able to make the bonus money but there
are many days that you can. This alone can add to a significant amount of extra
cash thru the year. It also makes a big difference being upgraded in this regards because
you get a higher percentage of bonus money.

However, there is really no point discussing it because everyone can plainly see how
much the higher percentages of earnings are by the comparison charts. It's your option
and you know whats best for you.
valerie
Posts16,970
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,263
Likes Received16,073/6,116

#4 by kspz7653 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 18:47

Times should get better later for earnings. I'm not downgrading! Your loss, not mine. :P
kspz7653
Posts209
Member Since29 Sep 2013
Last Visit11 Jun 2014
Likes Given30
Likes Received51/34

#5 by mclloyd86 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 09:39

rundorn70 wrote: My premium upgrade here at Clixsense runs out soon, and I am seriously considering not upgrading…

Why?

I used to get on average 12 tasks a day, Then they changed the timings and now I get 1

I have 95 referrals, 3 upgraded (I upgraded them) most are inactive

I get 2 cents a day for filling the criteria on checklist bonus

I do surveys, 90% of the time I waste valuable time and get NOTHING for my efforts, or I get to the end of the survey and I am told I am not eligible or get booted out…

I win nothing on the Clixgrid even though I have 60 chances

So I ask you what's the point in upgrading to Premium?

Not really beneficial to me



The difference between earning here as a free member or premium member isn't much in it…


Anyone else downgraded their account?




I won 5 times in the clixgrid game.. Just click and click everyday... I will upgrade my account soon.. :D
Last edited by mclloyd86 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 09:41 » edited 1 time in total
mclloyd86
Posts4,512
Member Since8 Feb 2013
Last Visit21 Aug 2019
Likes Given1,796
Likes Received1,509/1,060

#6 by ReeseWardley » Thu Feb 27, 2014 09:48

kspz7653 wrote: Times should get better later for earnings. I'm not downgrading! Your loss, not mine. :P

Well considering you are based in a different country to me, where the offers and tasks are heavily biased in YOUR favour not mine, I would say YOU have the advantage..

Not very mature is it to say 'your loss not mine' ?

Try and refrain from childish remarks, I was only asking about advice and opinion about the Premium Membership and not to have someone like you basically stick your finger up at me and say, I'm alright you are NOT... ha ha ha
ReeseWardley
Posts354
Member Since30 Jun 2007
Last Visit10 Feb 2017
Likes Given110
Likes Received118/72

#7 by chefkang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20

I never went premium for similar reasons because the tasks and offers for my country are almost null and even If I'm lucky to find 1-2 good ones every blue moon I can do them as a not upgraded member anyway. On top of that many of the tasks and offers I can see here offer better payments elsewhere.

The guaranteed extra ads for premium members cannot cover the cost of the membership and if you don't have active referrals, paying for a premium membership is like paying to click more ads.

The point of the clixgrid is NOT to complete the checklist bonus because clixgrid was there before the implementation of the checklist 8-)
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#8 by ReeseWardley » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:30

Thank you very much for your response, appreciated, what you say makes sense.

It really does make a HUGE difference as to what country you are in.
ReeseWardley
Posts354
Member Since30 Jun 2007
Last Visit10 Feb 2017
Likes Given110
Likes Received118/72

#9 by valerie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 14:51

chefkang wrote: I never went premium for similar reasons because the tasks and offers for my country are almost null and even If I'm lucky to find 1-2 good ones every blue moon I can do them as a not upgraded member anyway. On top of that many of the tasks and offers I can see here offer better payments elsewhere.

The guaranteed extra ads for premium members cannot cover the cost of the membership and if you don't have active referrals, paying for a premium membership is like paying to click more ads.

The point of the clixgrid is NOT to complete the checklist bonus because clixgrid was there before the implementation of the checklist 8-)

In regards to what I was saying, absolutely that is the point of the clixgrid (checklist).

However, if you want to nic pic which you enjoy doing with me since you obviously
have nothing better to do, the real point of the clixgrid is to give quality low cost
advertising to the advertiser. Which I might add, may result in additional advertising
options being chosen.
valerie
Posts16,970
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,263
Likes Received16,073/6,116

#10 by chefkang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 15:36

valerie wrote: In regards to what I was saying, absolutely that is the point of the clixgrid (checklist).
Strange that :clixsense: didn't know that when the clixgrid was introduced :lol:

valerie wrote: However, if you want to nic pic which you enjoy doing with me since you obviously
have nothing better to do
"Members should post in a way that is respectful of others. Flaming or abusing members in any way will not be tolerated."
This is what I can see there: Forum Rules | ClixSense Forum

Now you have to explain how what your wrote is respectful of me? ;)
valerie wrote: the real point of the clixgrid is to give quality low cost
advertising to the advertiser. Which I might add, may result in additional advertising
options being chosen.
Most of the members are not advertisers... and their chances to win something in the grid is 0.25% which means almost a guaranty that you will not win 8-)
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#11 by valerie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 16:22

chefkang wrote:
valerie wrote: In regards to what I was saying, absolutely that is the point of the clixgrid (checklist).
Strange that :clixsense: didn't know that when the clixgrid was introduced :lol:

valerie wrote: However, if you want to nic pic which you enjoy doing with me since you obviously
have nothing better to do
"Members should post in a way that is respectful of others. Flaming or abusing members in any way will not be tolerated."
This is what I can see there: Forum Rules | ClixSense Forum

Now you have to explain how what your wrote is respectful of me? ;)
valerie wrote: the real point of the clixgrid is to give quality low cost
advertising to the advertiser. Which I might add, may result in additional advertising
options being chosen.
Most of the members are not advertisers... and their chances to win something in the grid is 0.25% which means almost a guaranty that you will not win 8-)

The point is not about winning in the clixgrid, which is what I stated.
The point is, viewing advertisers ads, having the opportunity to win in the clixgrid, and the point I stressed
is earning the free bonus in the checklist. If you do not click the ads in the clixgrid, then of course you would
not be eligible for the free bonus (all else being equal).

In regards to rules, yes, I think YOU should read them. It might do you some good, altho
some how, I seriously doubt it.
valerie
Posts16,970
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given3,263
Likes Received16,073/6,116

#12 by chefkang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 16:41

valerie wrote: The point is not about winning in the clixgrid, which is what I stated.
As I already explained the main point cannot be the checklist simply because clixgrid was introduced before the checklist. IF you cannot understand that, I'm afraid I cannot help.
valerie wrote: In regards to rules, yes, I think YOU should read them. It might do you some good, altho
some how, I seriously doubt it.
This is like accusing me about violating the rules, but I didn't. Instead of pointing a finger to me with empty words it would be better to bring some real arguments or mention real incidents to support what you say. I will wait... :thumbup:

On the other hand everyone can see and judge you behavior in your post (#9) 8-)
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#13 by Realkiwi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 17:03

I am definitely glad that I upgraded. I have no referrals - we all know how difficult it is to get them, and then to keep them active - today I've completed the checklist bonus - some days I can and other days I can't - I won 10c on clixgrid today, I usually only complete the minimum number of clicks and again sometimes I'm lucky, most days I'm not. I always check the task list - this is where I have found some tasks that I can easily complete - I've already recovered the price of upgrading and now everything I make is mine. Every person is different, but like others here I am definitely glad that I upgraded!!!!!! :D
Realkiwi
Posts2,138
Member Since17 Jul 2010
Last Visit12 Oct 2017
Likes Given220
Likes Received222/180

#14 by chefkang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 17:11

Realkiwi wrote: I've already recovered the price of upgrading and now everything I make is mine.
I'm glad to know that you are happy but actually the point is if you have recovered the price of upgrading only from the earnings that the upgrade brings and this means that you should deduct from your earnings what you would earn anyway without being a premium member to really know if you you have recovered the price of the upgrade because of its features and not because of your work which would pay you as a free member anyway :thumbup:
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#15 by Realkiwi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 18:39

Everybody has a different way of looking at the cost of upgrading. For me I find it neat that my forum posts show the fact that I am upgraded. Personally I would not upgrade on most sites because I don't trust them to stay online and usually the cost of upgrading is very large - why should I line the Admin's pockets!!! Here there may not be the chance to get active referrals, which is where you would make more money, but at least any support tickets you raise are answered within 24hrs (usually even within a couple of hours!!), I get a few more ads than a standard member, a few more chances at clixgrid, and all for a price that I can easily recover through ads, clixgrid, and completing tasks and offers!!! 8-)
Last edited by Realkiwi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 18:47 » edited 2 times in total
Realkiwi
Posts2,138
Member Since17 Jul 2010
Last Visit12 Oct 2017
Likes Given220
Likes Received222/180

#16 by chefkang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 18:44

Realkiwi wrote: at least I get a few more ads than a standard member, and a few more chances at clixgrid!!! 8-)
I assume that this is not the reason that made you to upgrade as it doesn't look like a good reason.

The question remained unanswered: Did you cover the cost of your membership only from the profits that the upgrade offers and not from the money you could earn as free member as well :?:
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#17 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 00:08

rundorn70 wrote: My premium upgrade here at Clixsense runs out soon, and I am seriously considering not upgrading…

Why?

I used to get on average 12 tasks a day, Then they changed the timings and now I get 1

Ohhh you are talking about the daily casino tasks yes I see what you mean. :P they rotate the timings sometimes as they want to get more unique visitors and different contributors doing the tasks :D
There are other tasks too, but it's true that the quality of tasks have gone down a lot, and those few tasks that appear are mostly 1 cent or low pay and more work.

Quote:
So I ask you what's the point in upgrading to Premium?

Well the clixgrid should not be a criteria really, it is a game of chance and odds are the way they are because the money you earn from clixgrid is based entirely off ad revenues where on certain other sites it is based off of people's upgrades and deposits ! Clixgrid is just a tiny drop just that FREE extra chance, but I honestly do not rely on it.

Quote:
The difference between earning here as a free member or premium member isn't much in it…

Actually results can be very different from one member to another. The country you are in and certain profiles can have a significant impact on your earnings. If you rely strictly on the PTC element which is what ClixSense is first and foremost, since 2007, a PTC, then this would not apply, as you would earn from your own ad clicks and referrals. Surveys are targeted towards countries, usually tier 1 can earn well, but it is the US members who will get the best opportunities and the most offers, combined with a good profile and it's good earning potential.

Tasks are more international friendly but have their set of headaches.

Whether you should upgrade or not that is entirely up to you, of course try to base your decision over a long period and not just a few bad days. If you notice that it is consistently bad and you don't see a benefit, then you can downgrade for now, you are not going to get any penalties....you can always later upgrade at anytime.
Also downgrading will not harm your earnings from tasks and offers, however your bonus % for checklist will be lower, but if you don't get that much tasks or surveys to do, it won't make that big a difference.

Now you can weigh in, the cost of premium is ONLY $17.00 ! It's fairly inexpensive and with only a few surveys and tasks you can recover this quite fast. You have the whole year to recover this which should be doable even under worst cases.... As far as referrals, I totally understand where you are coming from, that's why personally I always like to rely on my own efforts and not referrals as on any given site most referrals will become inactive anyways. So you have to ask yourself if it's worth maybe doing some compromise and seeking those casino tasks and getting them at their new times, with THAT ALONE and nothing else, you should recover the premium cost in a month or sooner.

You can try some of the other type of offers, some are a pain in the arse, but sometimes you have to go through the lot to get good ones, tell me about it :D I go crazy sometimes.

I guess the decision is entirely yours, if you feel you are consistently getting bad days and no earnings,
that's another story, but in even worst cases you can recover the premium.

Personally I think it is a worthwhile cost, I am on my 3rd premium now.

If I was in the situation where I did not earn anything from tasks or surveys or offers for a consistent amount of time, long term, I would probably decide not to renew, but I would base my decision on long term results and
not just a bad period.

Good luck with your decision, all is not lost, like I said if you don't renew premium, you STILL will have access
to the SAME offers and SAME tasks at the SAME pay rates, but your checklist bonus, grid chances and commissions are lower, but in some cases that will be irrelevant if you are not filling the bonus requirements or earning from referrals.

Cheers
Darkstar2
Posts11,523
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,940
Likes Received9,529/4,587

#18 by Darkstar2 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 00:19

chefkang wrote:
valerie wrote: In regards to what I was saying, absolutely that is the point of the clixgrid (checklist).
Strange that :clixsense: didn't know that when the clixgrid was introduced :lol:

valerie wrote: However, if you want to nic pic which you enjoy doing with me since you obviously
have nothing better to do
"Members should post in a way that is respectful of others. Flaming or abusing members in any way will not be tolerated."
This is what I can see there: Forum Rules | ClixSense Forum

Now you have to explain how what your wrote is respectful of me? ;)
valerie wrote: the real point of the clixgrid is to give quality low cost
advertising to the advertiser. Which I might add, may result in additional advertising
options being chosen.
Most of the members are not advertisers... and their chances to win something in the grid is 0.25% which means almost a guaranty that you will not win 8-)

Well it is a FREE chance and if you click over a period of time statistically you will eventually win something. Yes odds might seem low to win something but you are supporting ClixSense and advertisers, more advertisers means more revenues means better for all of us members too. Here is a TIP, do not put emphasis on the grid and do not EXPECT winnings, just play it as a FREE game, with no expectations. You never know when luck will strike and you will win. I won $5 once, and $2.50, those are the two biggest prizes won, and the rest smaller prizes, you don't have to consume ALL your clicks in one go it might be discouraging. Try scattering them throughout the day.

it's all about luck.
Darkstar2
Posts11,523
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,940
Likes Received9,529/4,587

#19 by chefkang » Fri Feb 28, 2014 03:27

Darkstar2 wrote: Also downgrading will not harm your earnings from tasks and offers, however your bonus % for checklist will be lower, but if you don't get that much tasks or surveys to do, it won't make that big a difference.
Correct. Actually in some cases someone can have a small loss from upgrading.
Darkstar2 wrote: Now you can weigh in, the cost of premium is ONLY $17.00 ! It's fairly inexpensive and with only a few surveys and tasks you can recover this quite fast.
You have to recover it only by the extra 7% checklist bonus that the premium membership offers because the rest of the earnings are the earnings you would receive as a free member anyway. This means that you have to make offers and tasks that will pay you at least $243 per year and all of those offers and tasks have to be made only in days when it will be possible to complete the checklist bonus as well. For sure to reach $243 you need something more than just a few surveys and tasks and certainly it won't be that fast.

I have serious doubts IF the majority of the members here can make yearly tasks and offers that will pay yearly at least $243 and only in days when it's possible to get the checklist bonus. My personal opinion is that this is not doable for the average Joe 8-)
Darkstar2 wrote: You have the whole year to recover this which should be doable even under worst cases....
It's not doable necessarily.
Darkstar2 wrote: doing some compromise and seeking those casino tasks and getting them at their new times, with THAT ALONE and nothing else, you should recover the premium cost in a month or sooner.
Casino tasks are not available for all the countries. On the other hand you need to earn $243 from casino tasks alone if you want them to cover the cost of the upgrade because the 7% of $243 is $17.01

Mind you, the casino tasks can actually pay you more money for the same work on at least 1 different contributor of CrowdFlower.
Darkstar2 wrote: If I was in the situation where I did not earn anything from tasks or surveys or offers for a consistent amount of time, long term, I would probably decide not to renew, but I would base my decision on long term results and not just a bad period.
You are from a tier 1 country and this mean that your experience for a consistent amount of time can easily be the permanent experience for another member especially if he is not from a tier 1 country ;)
Darkstar2 wrote: if you don't renew premium, you STILL will have access
to the SAME offers and SAME tasks at the SAME pay rates, but your checklist bonus, grid chances and commissions are lower, but in some cases that will be irrelevant if you are not filling the bonus requirements or earning from referrals.
Yeah, in some cases that will be irrelevant :thumbup:
Darkstar2 wrote: Well it is a FREE chance and if you click over a period of time statistically you will eventually win something.
Statistically you may win nothing as well. And even if you win something you have to count how much time your spent for it to understand if your efforts brought you something good.
Darkstar2 wrote: Yes odds might seem low to win something but you are supporting ClixSense and advertisers, more advertisers means more revenues means better for all of us members too.
The average member is not here to support the advertisers and this is a fact ;)
Darkstar2 wrote: Here is a TIP, do not put emphasis on the grid and do not EXPECT winnings, just play it as a FREE game, with no expectations.
A different tip would be this one: if you don't have realistic expectations that can satisfy you for something, do not try it ;)
Darkstar2 wrote: You never know when luck will strike and you will win. I won $5 once, and $2.50, those are the two biggest prizes won, and the rest smaller prizes, you don't have to consume ALL your clicks in one go it might be discouraging. Try scattering them throughout the day.
Exactly because you never know when luck will strike, there is always a chance that it will never happen. You won 2 big prizes as you say and some smaller ones but you forgot to tell us how many times you tried.
Why don't you tell us what is the total number of your clicks in clixgrid and the total value of all the prizes you've got :?:
Last edited by chefkang » Fri Feb 28, 2014 03:32 » edited 3 times in total
chefkang
Posts129
Member Since30 Jan 2012
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given19
Likes Received43/31

#20 by jontwosix » Fri Feb 28, 2014 07:38

ya same for me.why change the tasks,i didnt like them,but some were alright.but now now are available for some reason.i agree with you about premium account.
jontwosix
Posts61
Member Since23 Mar 2010
Last Visit26 Oct 2018
Likes Given291
Likes Received26/15
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Sep 17, 2019 05:01:55 EST