Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkAny good movies lately?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanHindiUrduFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Any good movies lately?

Locked

#1 by valerie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 17:14

I watched 'The Heat' last night on pay per view. I was wanting to see it and I did.

It's very funny and if you like a good comedy, you'd probably enjoy it.
valerie
Posts20,520
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,929
Likes Received18,688/7,675

#2 by CoolDudeX » Fri Oct 18, 2013 05:43

i watched the Pacific Rim few hours back & i had my jaws opened for at least 50% of the films duration. such animation and graphics. science fiction & it had a strong story. great thriller movie.

Next up are The Hangover Part III & The Conjuring. will watch this weekend.
CoolDudeX
Posts2,536
Member Since22 Dec 2011
Last Visit6 Jun 2018
Likes Given1,857
Likes Received1,623/887

#3 by jassi188 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 06:18

SathishMagleena wrote: i watched the Pacific Rim few hours back & i had my jaws opened for at least 50% of the films duration. such animation and graphics. science fiction & it had a strong story. great thriller movie.

Next up are The Hangover Part III & The Conjuring. will watch this weekend.
really nice movie..
The Hangover Part III is a average movie..
jassi188
Posts434
Member Since14 Aug 2011
Last Visit19 Nov 2020
Likes Given822
Likes Received473/176

#4 by CoolDudeX » Fri Oct 18, 2013 06:24

jassi188 wrote:
SathishMagleena wrote: i watched the Pacific Rim few hours back & i had my jaws opened for at least 50% of the films duration. such animation and graphics. science fiction & it had a strong story. great thriller movie.

Next up are The Hangover Part III & The Conjuring. will watch this weekend.
really nice movie..
The Hangover Part III is a average movie..

oh i see....Hangover part II is also bit of a let down. i didn't enjoy the movie as i did for the Ist part :)
CoolDudeX
Posts2,536
Member Since22 Dec 2011
Last Visit6 Jun 2018
Likes Given1,857
Likes Received1,623/887

#5 by jassi188 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 06:27

In 3rd part they have completely changed the story..
i watched 'white house down' last night ,good movie ..
jassi188
Posts434
Member Since14 Aug 2011
Last Visit19 Nov 2020
Likes Given822
Likes Received473/176

#6 by CoolDudeX » Fri Oct 18, 2013 06:34

oh :o shocked to hear that before watching it. let me see how the movie is. yet to watch 'white house down' ! will see that too ;)
CoolDudeX
Posts2,536
Member Since22 Dec 2011
Last Visit6 Jun 2018
Likes Given1,857
Likes Received1,623/887

#7 by valerie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 07:23

The first hangover movie was good, very funny.

The second hangover movie was ok, just not as funny as the first one.

I'm not going to pay to watch the third one. The reviews are rather bad on it.
I'll watch it some time if it comes on tv or netflix.

Some of the movies you mentioned, I have not heard of. Pacific Rim and White House Down....I'll have
to look those up.
valerie
Posts20,520
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,929
Likes Received18,688/7,675

#8 by YukonDelta99 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 08:11

We havent seen new movie yet but ,we love to watch the beautiful mind,and courageous.That fisrt time i saw my husband crying after we watch the courageous.LOL i should not tell this but the movie was so touching especially for those man who are devoted to there family. :oops: :oops:
YukonDelta99
Posts418
Member Since20 Jun 2013
Last Visit11 Feb 2018
Likes Given172
Likes Received145/109

#9 by ptcscrutiny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 08:28

Whenever I want to watch good movies, I browse the IMDb Top 250
The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather series are truly a class apart. These movies will stay in your head for a week or maybe even more. No matter what you do, your mind will keep diverting to some scene from the movie.
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,878
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last Visit15 Nov 2020
Likes Given2,491
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#10 by jassi188 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:12

now downloading "man of steel".. :) :) :)
jassi188
Posts434
Member Since14 Aug 2011
Last Visit19 Nov 2020
Likes Given822
Likes Received473/176

#11 by valerie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23

ptcscrutiny wrote: Whenever I want to watch good movies, I browse the IMDb Top 250
The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather series are truly a class apart. These movies will stay in your head for a week or maybe even more. No matter what you do, your mind will keep diverting to some scene from the movie.

Can you believe I saw the Godfather at the drive in when it first came out?
I did.

Like most, the Godfather (first one) is the best. 2 and 3 get a little silly but still very good.

There's a lot of very very good old movies, the classics, that most kids growing up today, don't even think about
watching.

If you ever get to see some of the very good old movies, you'll start going out of your way, to locate them.

Today, almost any actor can act. That's because it's mostly about the cosmetics and the filming.

In the old days, you absolutely had to be a good actor period or you didn't get to act.
valerie
Posts20,520
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,929
Likes Received18,688/7,675

#12 by ptcscrutiny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:31

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is another great (old) one.
Eli Wallach stole the show in that ..... makes you laugh all the way till the end :lol:
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,878
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last Visit15 Nov 2020
Likes Given2,491
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#13 by ptcscrutiny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35

I love The Godfather's soundtrack. I have it on my phone and listen to it nearly every other day. The Love Theme from The Godfather is in fact my ringtone.
Then there is the Brucia la Terra song in the third part. I can hear that song all day long and still not get bored.
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,878
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last Visit15 Nov 2020
Likes Given2,491
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#14 by ptcscrutiny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45

valerie wrote: Can you believe I saw the Godfather at the drive in when it first came out?
I did.

Drive in theatres weren't a success in India. I have watched just one movie in a drive in - Raaz
It was quite an experience but I prefer a normal theatre to a drive in. Much more comfortable and cozy
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,878
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last Visit15 Nov 2020
Likes Given2,491
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#15 by valerie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 13:04

Drive in theaters were a big hit primarily in the 60's and 70's.

There was a lot of plus's about drive in theaters. For example, as a norm, they showed two movies
and often times, 3. That is, you only paid once to get in, then the movies were shown back to back.
You got more viewing for your money than the usual inside theaters.

Another great feature of the drive in was, you could bring your own beer, whiskey, pot, food, whatever
you wanted. You couldn't smoke pot in a walk in theater and expect to get away with it nor drink booze
in a walk in theater and expect to get away with it.... ushers.

Still yet another great thing about the drive in theaters was that you could simply enjoy the summer
weather. If it was very hot, people would get out and sit on top of their cars, some would bring lawn
chairs and sit in those.

You couldn't have sex very easy at a walk in theater. :lol:

My first husband and I went steady for over two years before we married. He was two years older than
I and had a car. So in our high school years especially, Friday night was pretty much reserved for the
drive in night. We'd go to the drive in and usually meet up with other friends. Most of the movies at
that time that played in the drive in theaters were biker movies and scary movies. Altho Easy Rider was
one of the best movies ever made, in my opinion anyway, theaters ran it into the ground and then would
show one or two off the wall biker movies after it.....very sleazy biker moves with very poor acting.

Of course, there was always the thrill of placing friends and family in the trunk of the car so you could
save on the theater ticket price. I remember once we put my two younger cousins in the trunk and
after we got inside, I wouldn't let them out of the trunk for a bit...they were screaming. :mrgreen:
Well, it was all in good fun.
valerie
Posts20,520
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,929
Likes Received18,688/7,675

#16 by Piddles » Sat Oct 19, 2013 08:18

cutiekids12 wrote: We havent seen new movie yet but ,we love to watch the beautiful mind,and courageous.That fisrt time i saw my husband crying after we watch the courageous.LOL i should not tell this but the movie was so touching especially for those man who are devoted to there family. :oops: :oops:

I too like the movie courageous, did you watch any of their other movies? FlyWheel, Fireproof, Facing the Giants? ;)
Piddles
Posts5,853
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Sep 2019
Likes Given4,798
Likes Received3,744/1,896

#17 by Piddles » Sat Oct 19, 2013 08:27

I bought The Heat and am watching it tonight.. I know it will be soooooooooooo funny, just like Brides Maids (same maker). :lol:

As for the drive in movie theaters, there is still one that I know of in TX, my hubby and I used to go to that one when we lived there and my girl friend just went the other day. I miss those!!

I have also watched
World War Z (weird)
Frozen Ground (true story, and it was kinda making me mad to see this really happened)
Olympus Has Fallen (very good)
Piddles
Posts5,853
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Sep 2019
Likes Given4,798
Likes Received3,744/1,896

#18 by ptcscrutiny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 08:29

valerie wrote: There was a lot of plus's about drive in theaters. For example, as a norm, they showed two movies
and often times, 3. That is, you only paid once to get in, then the movies were shown back to back.
You got more viewing for your money than the usual inside theaters.

Not the case here :D
They make sure everyone is out before they let in the next batch of cars for the next show.


valerie wrote: Still yet another great thing about the drive in theaters was that you could simply enjoy the summer
weather. If it was very hot, people would get out and sit on top of their cars, some would bring lawn
chairs and sit in those.
Oh yes.... I do remember seeing people bring in mattresses and chairs. And yes some even sat on top of their cars.
It used to be more like a picnic.


valerie wrote: Of course, there was always the thrill of placing friends and family in the trunk of the car so you could save on the theater ticket price. I remember once we put my two younger cousins in the trunk and
after we got inside, I wouldn't let them out of the trunk for a bit...they were screaming. :mrgreen:
Well, it was all in good fun.
Oh! You people also do such things :lol:
I thought such ideas to "save money" were exclusive to India :mrgreen:
ptcscrutiny
Posts5,878
Member Since10 Sep 2010
Last Visit15 Nov 2020
Likes Given2,491
Likes Received5,784/2,529

#19 by valerie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:55

There was a time when I had a couple of the theater speakers. I some times look back and wonder
how much those speakers cost. They were made out of metal and were rather heavy.

I was watching one of the antique shows, in which a couple men travel around looking for old items
to sell in their antique store. They came across an old drive in theater speaker and they thought it
the grandest thing. They bought it. I thought to myself, I use to have a couple of those I could have
sold them. :lol:

TasMail, I've been keeping an eye out for 'Frozen Ground' on pay per view because my man is in it.
It was on 'On Demand' and I wouldn't order it because 'On Demand' is more expensive. I thought
the next week it would be on 'HD' but to this day, it still hasn't appeared on the HD pay per view...
and it's been something like going on 3 weeks since it was on demand.

Usually if I am not sure what a movie is about or if it is going to be good, I go over to youtube and
watch the preview and read some of the comments. Only problem is now most of the comments
you see are by spammers.

I only order on pay per view these days, if It is something I am very interested in seeing. Much of
it is not worth paying for and some of it will come on netflix eventually anyway.
valerie
Posts20,520
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,929
Likes Received18,688/7,675

#20 by Piddles » Sun Oct 20, 2013 09:50

@Val, brace yourself when you do watch Frozen Ground, several times I almost turned it off.
I watched the The Heat last night, OMG it was sooooooooooooo funny I laughed so hard, hope my neighbors did not hear me, I am sending it to Korea to my hubby for him to watch it was well, he is there for 12 months (army duty) and I am going there for 30days soon, just got my passport,, whoooo hooooo.
;)

ps.......... I think I still have some of those heavy speakers in my garage somewhere, aweeeeeeee the way things was made back then, wish they still made a Ford truck with metal and not fiberglass crap! I miss my old truck!! :lol:
Piddles
Posts5,853
Member Since24 Feb 2007
Last Visit2 Sep 2019
Likes Given4,798
Likes Received3,744/1,896
Locked
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Nov 24, 2020 10:35:12 EST