Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkProblems with moderators
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Problems with moderators

Locked

#1 by MJWPro » Fri May 10, 2013 09:03

Anyone else here having problems with the moderators?

I made a post entitled 'What do you do for a living?' where I explained what I did for a living and asked what others did for a living.

I admit I mentioned my company name, but in all truth if my living is working for a certain company, then surely it is no problem mentioning the company name.

I apologised and edited the post to remove the company name, then a rant post was added by 'valerie' accusing me of leaving links/contact details that were not even there.

I responded to her rant, basically saying she is entitled to her opinion, but let me have mine too.

The response, another rant and the topic locked.

I understand forums need moderators, but when you do nothing wrong should they really be able to rant against you and lock a genuine topic?

Please post your issues below, and hopefully moderators will see where they are going wrong... ONE PERSON CAN NOT MADE A DECISION ON BEHALF OF MILLIONS OF MEMBERS!!!
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#2 by Darkstar2 » Fri May 10, 2013 14:57

MJWPro wrote: Anyone else here having problems with the moderators?

I made a post entitled 'What do you do for a living?' where I explained what I did for a living and asked what others did for a living.

I admit I mentioned my company name, but in all truth if my living is working for a certain company, then surely it is no problem mentioning the company name.

I apologised and edited the post to remove the company name, then a rant post was added by 'valerie' accusing me of leaving links/contact details that were not even there.

I responded to her rant, basically saying she is entitled to her opinion, but let me have mine too.

The response, another rant and the topic locked.

I understand forums need moderators, but when you do nothing wrong should they really be able to rant against you and lock a genuine topic?

Please post your issues below, and hopefully moderators will see where they are going wrong... ONE PERSON CAN NOT MADE A DECISION ON BEHALF OF MILLIONS OF MEMBERS!!!

So many views no replies, are people scared to reply ? :D Ok I read that other topic, I will give my opinion.

I don't think Valerie was targeting you necessarily, she wrote that for everyone to see, why links, contact info, etc are not allowed. //edit: Interesting, I checked the forum rules again, 12 points, and nowhere is it mentioned any specific rule against posting URLs, contact info, company names. Strange because I recall reading it somewhere before....I checked the SITE general user agreement and forum rules and could not find it unless I am very tired and losing my mind, I re-read and re-read it's not there. Nowhere, anywhere on the site is it said "you cannot write company names or post URLs" at least not anymore. Used to be there, can't recall where I seen it. Not in the rules, FAQ or TOS.

As far as your post I read it too and I can see that you were just asking a question, as a general topic, not meant to advertise nor promote any company. Your topic had good intentions.......I think there is a difference between promoting, posting contacts / links and mentioning company names. You were clearly not advertising or promoting anything.

So in all fairness, you had good intentions and meant no harm, and her explanations were valid and meant for everyone, although maybe the rules section should reflect this officially. there is a difference between mentioning a company name for the purpose of promoting/advertising or making vile accusations and simply as a general discussion. So anyhow. Might not be fair to label all CS staff that way, it is far better here than most other forums.
your intentions were good, and her intentions as well, no time to shake hands :D
Last edited by Darkstar2 » Fri May 10, 2013 15:18 » edited 1 time in total
Darkstar2
Posts13,431
Member Since2 Oct 2011
Last VisitYesterday
Likes Given4,731
Likes Received10,621/5,301

#3 by MJWPro » Fri May 10, 2013 16:24

Thanks to Darkstar2 for seeing my post as it was meant, I guess valerie had her opinion and the 'power' to act on it - I've noticed the 'report' link is not active on her posts... perhaps it should be activated, to see how many times she is reported, that would be interesting and fair. There are many forums where moderators ruin the forum because something is wrong in their opinion, here we have the 'like' or 'report' system, surely that should be how posts are judged, basically the opinions of members rather than any single person.

The only real problem here is that one person's opinion overrides the opinion of 5m+ members - surely that can't be right, however I do agree with the forum being monitored, as long as it is fair to all.

Also, annoyingly I received a 'formal warning' for that post... despite as you said there being no links/contact details in the post. I have asked for it to be removed, hopefully ClixSense admin will agree.

Strange too... that if 'not allowed to post links/contact details in the forum' is not in the forum rules that you can be warned for doing so (not that I did). Of course, if myself and Darkstar2 are incorrect, may be a moderator could direct us to where it is actually stated.

EDIT: Anyway, I just realised that my avatar was also removed... that is going too far, removing my identity as well. I just changed it to satisfy the 'rules'.
Last edited by MJWPro » Fri May 10, 2013 16:36 » edited 1 time in total
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#4 by valerie » Fri May 10, 2013 16:40

Your posts are uncalled for and actually, we as moderators, have more than once had to report you or edit your topics.

Moderators here are actually very nice but I am so bad and mean and cruel you might want to call the internet police!

Seriously, moderators use their own common sense and decisions for the most part, in regards to member posts.

If you ever have an issue with a moderator, there is the support ticket system in which you can contact admin and voice your complaint.

By the way, I am giving you a warning about your avatar. If memory serves me correct, you were told already once before to remove it which you did but now it's back again. I did not submit a warning on your avatar since you have changed it since my posting.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#5 by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 02:13

I note Darkstar2's comment "So many views no replies, are people scared to reply ?" with interest, because there could be some validity behind that comment.

I will add no further comment, just in case!! :o
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#6 by valerie » Sat May 11, 2013 02:22

FYI moderators cannot remove members avatars.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#7 by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 03:32

zip... :silent:
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#8 by DaxOnlineWork » Sat May 11, 2013 04:59

MJWPro wrote: EDIT: Anyway, I just realised that my avatar was also removed... that is going too far, removing my identity as well.
I just changed it to satisfy the 'rules'.

Out of interest, is your avatar removed or did you change it?
DaxOnlineWork
Posts1,948
Member Since19 Oct 2011
Last Visit2 Oct 2016
Likes Given1,627
Likes Received1,168/743

#9 by DaxOnlineWork » Sat May 11, 2013 05:19

Regarding links, if I post referral links of other sites, then it is advertisement and spam (Rule#2).
In general, any kind of link is allowed which follows Rule 2 (specifically). FYI, there are a lot of links already on the Forum and they do not break any rule (and Rule 2).

Quote:2. Spam, flooding, advertisements and solicitations are forbidden.
DaxOnlineWork
Posts1,948
Member Since19 Oct 2011
Last Visit2 Oct 2016
Likes Given1,627
Likes Received1,168/743

#10 by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 14:44

DaxServer wrote:
MJWPro wrote: EDIT: Anyway, I just realised that my avatar was also removed... that is going too far, removing my identity as well.
I just changed it to satisfy the 'rules'.

Out of interest, is your avatar removed or did you change it?



Hi, it was removed... I believe because of a moderator reporting it, I put it back but then changed it to stop the same thing happening again.
Last edited by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 14:46 » edited 1 time in total
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#11 by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 15:02

MJWPro wrote: Hi, it was removed... I believe because of a moderator reporting it, I put it back but then changed it to stop the same thing happening again.

Hi DaxServer (I guess that is your company name, so I understand your interest!!)


I've copied a 'valerie' comment from the previous post... here it is...

My post is not a rant. It is information for all members that read this thread.
As the previous moderator stated to you and myself, relaying your company name is not allowed just like posting your company name on your avatar is not allowed, etc, etc, etc.


Seems like rules are there somewhere - just not for all to see, because I can't find any reference either!!
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#12 by ErinAvery » Sat May 11, 2013 15:41

What was your old avatar?
ErinAvery
Posts13
Member Since13 Nov 2010
Last Visit11 Mar 2015
Likes Given0
Likes Received0

#13 by MJWPro » Sat May 11, 2013 16:01

ErinAvery wrote: What was your old avatar?


It was my company logo... had been there since I joined (Oct 12).
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#14 by valerie » Sat May 11, 2013 17:41

MJWPro wrote:
ErinAvery wrote: What was your old avatar?


It was my company logo... had been there since I joined (Oct 12).

A moderator reported your so called company logo avatar, months ago, and ClixSense admin removed it.
I may be wrong but I thought that admin relayed to the member, the avatar was removed and why.
More recently, you placed the same logo avatar again.

I'll ask admin, so that I will know, if the member is in fact notified of avatar removal, because I am not positive on that.

In regards to rules, some may not be real self explanatory to you, especially if you have not utilized forums online very much, especially forums such as this in which ClixSense and members make money by viewing advertisers ads, offers, etc.

As I have stated, moderators for the most part, rule in regards to what they think should be edited, warned, reported.

Just for the record, I don't care what you think of me. I'm a volunteer moderator and try my best to help members here as my time allows. I'm not here to argue and I'm not here to put anyone down in any way whatsoever. I am here because ClixSense is a good, honest company, in which members can earn extra money in their spare time. For the most part, all the moderators have the same investment. The investment of helping members that are seeking help and keeping out spammers and questionable posts, to say the least. There are thousands of members in ClixSense, and it's not an easy task to be a moderator here.

I will tell you one last time, If I feel you are promoting in these forums in any shape, form, or fashion, I will edit your post and/or submit a warning to you. The same goes for everyone. You're not special in that regards.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#15 by MJWPro » Mon May 13, 2013 03:07

valerie wrote: I will tell you one last time, If I feel you are promoting in these forums in any shape, form, or fashion, I will edit your post and/or submit a warning to you. The same goes for everyone. You're not special in that regards.

Then I suggest you look above... because if one company logo is showing, it defeats the point of what you have just written. Till that is removed, I will feel I'm receiving 'special' treatment as you call it.

Talking of 'special' - when exactly are we going to be given the opportunity to 'report' your posts? It is only fair that moderators can have the posts reported too, because even moderators can break the rules. NOTE: Not saying you have, just saying you could.

I respect your opinion, that is NOT the issue, the issue is your opinion is just one of millions of opinions, and in my opinion (and I'm sure in the opinions of others) your opinion is not always agreed with. So, before you post again, could you pleasevask ClixSense to add the 'report' tab to your posts. If you are as fair as you portray, you won't have a problem with that. And if you do have a problem with that, then please accept my opinion that you are abusing your 'power' by not allowing us to report your posts if we have the opinion you are wrong - even more so if suspension has happened because you are wrong, that is a risk, you wrongly report someone and they can lose the account for no reason.

As for being a moderator not being an easy task, respect me when I say you choose to be a moderator and the posts you moderate, and you have to understand if you edit/submit warnings incorrectly there will be a backlash. The true reason I was annoyed with your decision was because on the post you ranted about 'adding links and contact details' there was actually NO links or contact details, OR in other words you actually haven't read the post correctly before posting.

As for my avatar, you may have reported it months ago, but I was never contacted about it being a problem. Possibly it was removed, but I would have thought it was a bug/error and simply uploaded it again.

In my short time on ClixSense and other PTC/on-line earning sites, I have tried to help others build up their ClixSense (and other site) accounts into something they can truly rely on, I would love to offer my assistance to the whole ClixSense community but with rules about links and contact details that is almost impossible on the forum.

Perhaps, we could have a 'member to member' messaging system on ClixSense, this way if someone reads something on the forum they can message the posting member for more info, thus avoiding the requesting and posting of links/contact details on the forum entirely. Of course, the message system would need to be controlled to avoid spamming/abuse etc... but it is something worth considering.

As an example, my post: The Power of 3 | ClixSense Forum could be of great use to many members, but in reality (as you pointed out when you talked about 'weak links breaking the chain') there is more more to the 'Power of 3' system. Members could message me for advice, and that advice could be given out of the forum. In that advice I could provide useful links, such as advertising platforms or referral finding programs. Unfortunately, not everyone personally knows hundreds of people, and some people need help finding referrals. I'm sure you would agree, if you, I or any other member could assist it can only be a good thing. Offline, ClixSense members (some not in my downline) have contacted me and I've helped them, I don't charge them for my help, I simply give advice to get them going on ClixSense.

Additionally, within ClixSense, once my referrals (including level 2, 3, 4 etc...) have been active for 30 days, I start promoting their referral link URL for FREE through my world-wide advertising and they start getting referrals. This gives them a boost and gets them truly active on ClixSense.

So, I think you can see the problem I have - I want everyone on ClixSense to succeed, the forum should be the place to help do that, but if links/contact details are not allowed it causes the issue that members can't be directed to where they can get help.

My intentions are all good... shame that I can't actually show those intentions without being criticised.

I obviously want to find my own referrals for ClixSense and my other programs, who wouldn't, but I enjoy helping others as well, I appreciate I need to find the correct balance between both.

I have one question... with all the moderating, how exactly do you find time to actually earn anything on ClixSense? This response took me some time, time that I could have used 'earning' instead. It must be difficult for you dealing with multiple posts on a daily basis, and out of respect for that I will limit my posting to just cover important stuff.
Last edited by MJWPro » Mon May 13, 2013 03:34 » edited 1 time in total
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#16 by valerie » Mon May 13, 2013 04:59

There is a support ticket system as you are aware of and moderators can be reported thru it directly to admins.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#17 by DaxOnlineWork » Mon May 13, 2013 05:52

MJWPro wrote:
DaxServer wrote:
MJWPro wrote: EDIT: Anyway, I just realised that my avatar was also removed... that is going too far, removing my identity as well.
I just changed it to satisfy the 'rules'.

Out of interest, is your avatar removed or did you change it?

Hi, it was removed... I believe because of a moderator reporting it, I put it back but then changed it to stop the same thing happening again.

Okay.

MJWPro wrote:
MJWPro wrote: Hi, it was removed... I believe because of a moderator reporting it, I put it back but then changed it to stop the same thing happening again.

Hi DaxServer (I guess that is your company name, so I understand your interest!!)

Nope. It is not my Company. I don't have a Company. It is my nickname. I came with that in 2010 one year before I knew ClixSense ;)


MJWPro wrote: I've copied a 'valerie' comment from the previous post... here it is...

My post is not a rant. It is information for all members that read this thread.
As the previous moderator stated to you and myself, relaying your company name is not allowed just like posting your company name on your avatar is not allowed, etc, etc, etc.


Seems like rules are there somewhere - just not for all to see, because I can't find any reference either!!

It is not a Company. It is myself.
DaxOnlineWork
Posts1,948
Member Since19 Oct 2011
Last Visit2 Oct 2016
Likes Given1,627
Likes Received1,168/743

#18 by DaxOnlineWork » Mon May 13, 2013 05:58

Oh, forgot to mention one.

MJWPro wrote:
MJWPro wrote: Hi, it was removed... I believe because of a moderator reporting it, I put it back but then changed it to stop the same thing happening again.

Hi DaxServer (I guess that is your company name, so I understand your interest!!)

My interest is The Information.

I asked because I didn't understand your statement above.
DaxOnlineWork
Posts1,948
Member Since19 Oct 2011
Last Visit2 Oct 2016
Likes Given1,627
Likes Received1,168/743

#19 by MJWPro » Mon May 13, 2013 07:43

@DaxServer...

OK, I thought DaxServer was your company name, as DaxServer is a company (I searched on the net) and obviously thought it was you.

I made a complaint about a moderator, and guess what, I got another formal warning.

It seems that moderators can not be seen to be wrong, so I guess from now on I won't use this forum. I will not accept criticism, when I've done nothing wrong.
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60

#20 by MJWPro » Mon May 13, 2013 07:44

valerie wrote: There is a support ticket system as you are aware of and moderators can be reported thru it directly to admins.


YES... I made a report.... AND got another warning. GREAT SYSTEM!!


May I request that this topic is now locked. I will simply use the ticket system to raise the issues I have.
Last edited by MJWPro » Mon May 13, 2013 08:11 » edited 1 time in total
MJWPro
Posts224
Member Since15 Oct 2012
Last Visit10 Feb 2015
Likes Given59
Likes Received111/60
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Mar 31, 2020 09:35:07 EST