Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkThanks Olympics and Olympians!
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Thanks Olympics and Olympians!

Locked

#1 by WeeCash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12

This is to celebrate all Olympians and to thank London for organising this supreme and the most powerful promotion of sport to children and young. Thanks to Olympics many children turn to sport rather than alcohol or some other more serious things..

For all Olympians. Expecting Rio and even more record in 2016..

Faster, Higher, Stronger!
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#2 by Tuberlance84 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20

For me thank god it's over ! lol i do like the olympics don't get me wrong , but when in another Country not in England. trust me the past 3 weeks have been crazy around here
Tuberlance84
Posts324
Member Since12 Jul 2012
Last Visit16 Nov 2015
Likes Given47
Likes Received127/59

#3 by WeeCash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:22

Tuberlance84 wrote: For me thank god it's over ! lol i do like the olympics don't get me wrong , but when in another Country not in England. trust me the past 3 weeks have been crazy around here

I would be happy to change places with you for those 3 weeks. :D
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#4 by valerie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 14:44

I thought London put on a very good finale. Altho I did think the newspaper part was kind of weird.

I liked the pet shop boys, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3j2NYZ8FKs
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#5 by Aramana » Tue Aug 14, 2012 18:59

I blubbered when the flame was extinguished. Don't ask me why, as I didn't particularly get into the spirit of the olympics. I'm looking forward to watching the paralympics, though.
Aramana
Posts62
Member Since28 Jul 2011
Last Visit30 May 2015
Likes Given25
Likes Received21/14

#6 by WeeCash » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35

valerie wrote: I thought London put on a very good finale. Altho I did think the newspaper part was kind of weird.

I liked the pet shop boys, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3j2NYZ8FKs

I can't watch this video from Serbia. LoL
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#7 by valerie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05

What do you mean? Serbia?
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#8 by WeeCash » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:22

valerie wrote: What do you mean? Serbia?

This video is not available for residents in Serbia..
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#9 by valerie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 13:34

Oh ok. Well it's just the song from that group that they came out with in 1984 and they sang it
at the end of the 2012 Olympics.

And so tell me, how is your country doing over there? Are you in a war zone area?
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#10 by valerie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 13:37

By the way, there was a little guy years ago that I communicated with for some years.
Really nice guy and very intelligent. He was in Israel and he was kind of afraid because
he was turning 17. He said in Israel, they have to go in the army when they turn 17.
He did in fact go in the army, and I have never heard from him again. I some times
wonder if he is online simply doing something else or what became of him.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#11 by jiminy2714 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 14:52

Wow, that's really off the wall Valerie!
I wonder many things...

Living in one of the "host" boroughs in London, I was wanting to move out during the sports fest, but ended up really enjoying the party atmosphere and kinda proud of our production. It was all very close by and though we could not all afford tickets, tho we've paid xtra council tax and the parking has been, & still is, difficult & were feelin' uptight prior to the fest, it all turned out good & most of us brits are proud - especially coming 3rd in the medals!!!

The good feeling & camaraderie between all the nations of athletes was tangible!

Luv to all everywhere in the world:thumbup:
jiminy2714
Posts114
Member Since24 Apr 2010
Last Visit11 Jan 2016
Likes Given19
Likes Received16/14

#12 by valerie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 15:49

Oh I would have loved to been in London for all that. Sounded so exciting and lots of fun! Once in a life-time event.

I've always wanted to go to the UK anyway. Lots of 'Underhills' over there, me thinks. At least part of my heritage is there as I suppose is the case with many people in the USA.
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#13 by WeeCash » Thu Aug 16, 2012 00:08

valerie wrote: Oh ok. Well it's just the song from that group that they came out with in 1984 and they sang it
at the end of the 2012 Olympics.

And so tell me, how is your country doing over there? Are you in a war zone area?

Heh, no.
The civil war ended in 1990s. And there was that bombing by NATO in 1999 but since than it is all quite, at least here in the North.. But the situation is very different in the south province of Kosovo, which is actually recognized by many countries but from our government..

valerie wrote: By the way, there was a little guy years ago that I communicated with for some years.
Really nice guy and very intelligent. He was in Israel and he was kind of afraid because
he was turning 17. He said in Israel, they have to go in the army when they turn 17.
He did in fact go in the army, and I have never heard from him again. I some times
wonder if he is online simply doing something else or what became of him.

As much as I know about Israel they have 3 larger territories occupied by them, so I guess they need to recruit so young children.
It can be just obligatory military training.. It was also mandatory here also and was changed some months ago..
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#14 by WeeCash » Thu Aug 16, 2012 00:13

jiminy2714 wrote: Wow, that's really off the wall Valerie!
I wonder many things...

Living in one of the "host" boroughs in London, I was wanting to move out during the sports fest, but ended up really enjoying the party atmosphere and kinda proud of our production. It was all very close by and though we could not all afford tickets, tho we've paid xtra council tax and the parking has been, & still is, difficult & were feelin' uptight prior to the fest, it all turned out good & most of us brits are proud - especially coming 3rd in the medals!!!

The good feeling & camaraderie between all the nations of athletes was tangible!

Luv to all everywhere in the world:thumbup:

I liked both opening and closing ceremony. And of course sports in the first.
I can just guess how fun was to be there.. :D


It is not late, there is Rio in 2016 and this is even closer to you..
WeeCash
Posts1,334
Member Since11 Aug 2011
Last Visit23 Mar 2020
Likes Given230
Likes Received374/236

#15 by jiminy2714 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 06:58

valerie wrote: Oh I would have loved to been in London for all that. Sounded so exciting and lots of fun! Once in a life-time event.

I've always wanted to go to the UK anyway. Lots of 'Underhills' over there, me thinks. At least part of my heritage is there as I suppose is the case with many people in the USA.
It certainly was a once-in-a-lifetime event - it will never happen again around here during my life!

What are these 'Underhills' you refer to? Are they Hobbits in disguise? :geek:
jiminy2714
Posts114
Member Since24 Apr 2010
Last Visit11 Jan 2016
Likes Given19
Likes Received16/14

#16 by valerie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 07:38

jiminy2714 wrote:
valerie wrote: Oh I would have loved to been in London for all that. Sounded so exciting and lots of fun! Once in a life-time event.

I've always wanted to go to the UK anyway. Lots of 'Underhills' over there, me thinks. At least part of my heritage is there as I suppose is the case with many people in the USA.
It certainly was a once-in-a-lifetime event - it will never happen again around here during my life!

What are these 'Underhills' you refer to? Are they Hobbits in disguise? :geek:

Well now, that's certainly a thought. Perhaps the 'Underhill's' were Hobbits. Eh, I sort of think not, as most
people in my family are not what I would call 'short' in stature. I'd say that the 'Underhill's' probably lived some
where in the UK, in the low lands, or ..... under the hills. Altho I have never heard of any 'Uphill's'. :?
valerie
Posts18,462
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given4,032
Likes Received17,298/6,788

#17 by jiminy2714 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 03:23

Oops - sorry - that's your family name :oops:

There's all kinds of names about, so I suspect there's some Uphills as well.

Names come into existance through deed-poll of course - I had a friend who changed his name to Roman Hawkmoon - unfortunately with us no more, but the Hawkmoon offspring live on.
jiminy2714
Posts114
Member Since24 Apr 2010
Last Visit11 Jan 2016
Likes Given19
Likes Received16/14
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Mar 31, 2020 09:26:02 EST