Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral TalkWhy are some ads allowed?
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
Why are some ads allowed?

#1 by jjohnson777 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 17:58

I see some highly objectionable sites allowed:

The following ad I find offensive as I had family member lose leg due to dui hit & run driver.

I also had grandfather take his life due to being alcoholic.

For the reason I refuse to drink alcoholic beverages and against it sale unless it cost 100 times what cost now due to taxes.

Saw ad for Attention Texas Drivers!

ATTENTION GEORGIA DRIVERS

If you have never had a DUI, you are being RIPPED OFF by not using this
One Ridiculously Easy Trick.

Your auto insurance company is hiding discounts from you. Why?

Because if everyone knew this one trick, they would save an average of $455 a year (often more!). That's $455 more in your pocket and $455 less in theirs.

Find out what your lowest monthly payment could be.
jjohnson777
Posts1,556
Member Since31 Mar 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given300
Likes Received765/466

#2 by valerie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 21:33

Hi Jeffrey

It's not my ad but I viewed it and I think you may have misunderstood it.

First of all, it appears it uses that 'ajax' code or something like that because when clicked, it recognizes what state you are in. When I click it, it says ATTENTION TENNESSEE DRIVERS! :lol:

However, the ad is not condoning drunk driving....just the opposite. The ad is saying that we ALL as drivers pay higher premiums due to the high rate of drunk driving wrecks.

The ad goes on to more or less say to optin and it will tell you the one trick that will save you from paying a higher premium due to drunk drivers wrecks.

That is how I interpret the ad.

By the way, I am against drunk drivers and I am against any driver driving under the influence of anything whether that me drunk driving, drug influence, prescribed med influence, text messaging, and more. People need to be of sound mind and keep their focus on the road.

By the way, I have a brother that od from drugs (died) and a sister that drove drunk (died). Believe me, I know how you feel. Those influences should be within the house IF they are going to be done and NOT behind the wheel.

I may be wrong, but I do think you misunderstood the ad. :|
valerie
Posts16,685
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3,060
Likes Received15,843/6,001
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Aug 21, 2019 09:28:17 EST